• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Sir_Hunter #1 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 08:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15040 battles
  • [PC] PC

Hello 

I recently started receiving emails from the Premium Shop without making any purchases myself, and the way that these emails notices were sent to me was very strange. There were 9 emails sent to me on the same day, and each of the email is less than 10 minutes apart, this just look like a spam to me. I have check my bank account, and there is no money being deducted, I also logged into WOT, and all these items shown in my email were also not there. (original i thought there was a possibility that someone in the clan bought me gifts). but given how long i was away from the game, i don't think anyone in the clan would buy me anything. 

I know this thread probably belong to the support section, but unfortunately the system doesn't allow me to post any thing there, and i want to get some kind of response from the premium shop team. Or this is some new year promotion that world of tank is doing for all the players?

https://imgur.com/QQNpbqm

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by Sir_Hunter, Jan 14 2020 - 08:52.

_Red_Saaryn_ #2 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 09:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25813 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

View PostSir_Hunter, on Jan 14 2020 - 08:50, said:

Hello 

I recently started receiving emails from the Premium Shop without making any purchases myself, and the way that these emails notices were sent to me was very strange. There were 9 emails sent to me on the same day, and each of the email is less than 10 minutes apart, this just look like a spam to me. I have check my bank account, and there is no money being deducted, I also logged into WOT, and all these items shown in my email were also not there. (original i thought there was a possibility that someone in the clan bought me gifts). but given how long i was away from the game, i don't think anyone in the clan would buy me anything. 

I know this thread probably belong to the support section, but unfortunately the system doesn't allow me to post any thing there, and i want to get some kind of response from the premium shop team. Or this is some new year promotion that world of tank is doing for all the players?

https://imgur.com/QQNpbqm

Thanks for reading. 

Get in contact with wg ASAP!! Apparently people  are being scammed left and right. Don't accept the gifts until you get in contact nor use anything, don't open your game until support fix this or you might end banned and owing wg over 100 usd

nuclearguy931 #3 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 09:36

Major

• Players
  • 83550 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

You didn't say how long you were away from the game? This could be key.

If someone gives you a gift from the Premium Shop, you have 30 days to accept it. If you don't accept the item within that time frame I am pretty sure the gift reverts back to the original purchaser.

As long as you have not accepted any gifts then you have nothing to worry about. Now, if they say that you made the purchases when you didn't, then you should be contacting your financial institution and also fire off a message to Wargaming support.

Good luck.

Pipinghot #4 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 10:07

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSir_Hunter, on Jan 14 2020 - 02:50, said:

I recently started receiving emails from the Premium Shop without making any purchases myself, and the way that these emails notices were sent to me was very strange. There were 9 emails sent to me on the same day, and each of the email is less than 10 minutes apart, this just look like a spam to me. I have check my bank account, and there is no money being deducted, I also logged into WOT, and all these items shown in my email were also not there.

Whatever you do, don't click on any links in those e-mails, that sounds like a phishing scam. Someone is faking the e-mails from Wargaming and they're hoping that you'll click on a link in the e-mail that will let them do something malicious.

My suggestion is to submit a ticket to Wargaming with a screenshot of the e-mail. Even if the e-mails are legitimately from Wargaming they're clearly incorrect, so Wargaming should know about them.

Full_Mental_Jackass #5 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 12:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2489 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

They look wrong.

The text is OK but the formatting is off.

Don't trust them.

Are those underlined items links? If so they are also wrong. there should be no embedded links in the official email.

And the obvious one is that the boxes should be in the garage when you log in.

Atragon #6 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 13:06

Major

• Players
  • 45314 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY
It could be someone you yelled at in battle getting revenge on you ?

LookOut48469 #7 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 13:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 47057 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 14 2020 - 10:07, said:

Whatever you do, don't click on any links in those e-mails, that sounds like a phishing scam. Someone is faking the e-mails from Wargaming and they're hoping that you'll click on a link in the e-mail that will let them do something malicious.

My suggestion is to submit a ticket to Wargaming with a screenshot of the e-mail. Even if the e-mails are legitimately from Wargaming they're clearly incorrect, so Wargaming should know about them.

Yup sounds like a phishing attack just wanting you to click the blue hyperlink in email, probably saying click here to sign in or click here to check account. If you clicked any link in those emails you probably have a virus collecting your info now. If you didnt click they links, you said you checked bank and wot and didnt see anything, thats good, check the email again, who did it come from? Hover mouse over from on email and see if the email comes from wot. If not send them a ticket and mark the email as spam email .

SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 15:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11168 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

If you don't trust it don't click it - to me sounds like a scam.

Sir_Hunter #9 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 19:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15040 battles
  • [PC] PC
guys, thanks so much for the replies. I have submitted a ticket to Wargaming, and waiting for a response. 

golruul #10 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 22346 battles

It's a scam. 

Easiest way to see (other than you didn't get the actual items) is to look at the "From" address data -- it won't be from a Wargaming domain.  If it's a legit purchase, it'll be from "no-reply@wargaming.net".  But since this isn't legit, it'll be from somewhere else.

You're using the Mail app on Windows?  I think that hides the detailed "From" address data.  Manually log into your mail account via browser and check it out.

Also, the payment method is wrong.  It should only show 1 payment method, not all of them.

Sir_Hunter #11 Posted Jan 18 2020 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15040 battles
  • [PC] PC

I guess world of tanks doesn't want to help me 

https://imgur.com/Y6Ct26y

Also these emails are from no-reply@wargaming.net 

https://imgur.com/bMZqBzC

Anublister #12 Posted Jan 18 2020 - 03:20

Captain

• Players
  • 70660 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostAtragon, on Jan 14 2020 - 12:06, said:

It could be someone you yelled at in battle getting revenge on you ?

How are they going to know his email? This is a silly thread.

Anublister #13 Posted Jan 18 2020 - 03:20

Captain

• Players
  • 70660 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostSir_Hunter, on Jan 18 2020 - 02:15, said:

I guess world of tanks doesn't want to help me 

https://imgur.com/Y6Ct26y

Also these emails are from no-reply@wargaming.net 

https://imgur.com/bMZqBzC

If it's no-reply email, then don't reply, duh!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users