E100 on Track

Tiger II

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

WakaWaka67 #1 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 15:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21597 battles

Personally I think this "On Track to tier X" for the E100 is the most difficult one I have seen to date.  I haven't played the Tiger II for almost a year because I just cant manage it,  for some reason every time I play with it I get a poor team, and yes I know I contribute to that and yes I know that I am responsible for my own stats, but for some reason it just seems worse in the Tiger II.  When this on track started I thought maybe its time to retry this tank, I have a better crew, more experience etc.  I am still not coping.

This is the first time I see that they put limits on "Rushing Down the Line" and "Getting your crew on track", the way this one is done.  Usually these are available for the lower tiers up to tier VII and then from VIII-X for the other one.  Now you need to cause 2K damage and block 1K damage in a Tiger II (maybe its possible in the E75 and E100 I don't know).  Even the "Prize" at the end is a rental of a Lowe for 20 victories, which again is different than any other "On track" I've seen.

I have done this since Saturday and am just at the point of giving this up as a bad job...  I have tried to push my win % to close to 50% in the entire line going back to the D.W.2 and have managed it up to the Tiger I, but for some reason I just can't manage the Tiger II.  I hate  to leave a tank at a 37% win rate, it just feels as if I haven't done enough, but don't know if I can cope with this frustration.  I am supposed to enjoy the game...:)

Wanderjar #2 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 15:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29898 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
its not really worth the effort for it.
they tried to combine a 'play your tank right' with a 'on track' and its just a mess honestly

maybe the next one will work

Cowcat137 #3 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 15:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 14971 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Tiger II is not a fun grind, I've finally maxed out the equipment and I'm at 78,000 xp and 40% wins right now.  Add in that everyone here says the E-100 isn't even playable anymore and ...

brianc53 #4 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 15:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25959 battles
I had played through the E75 - which is decent - and unlocked the E100 months ago, but waited for the on track to buy it. I like saving 1.8m credits.
So I bought it over the weekend and played a few battles - and it’s unplayable. Nothing bounces (ok that’s an exaggeration, but being a Maus driver I had expected more bounces from the E100.)
People will say “git gud “ and I probably need practice to get...ok... but the E100 is not good.

WaywardChild #5 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 16:25

Captain

• Players
  • 40001 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Maybe you Players need to adjust your play style and reasons for playing any particular vehicle. I love the Tiger line and am having a great time with this event. I love the line and don't play this game for the reward at the end. I play this game for the fun during the event, fun of each battle. Don't like the vehicle? fine, don't play it. Personally, I didn't like the last Rhm "On Track". Can't seem to have fun in Lights, but that's me. I'm not bagging on anyone, it's to early today for that. I'm just sticking up for my favorite Line....

jst2gr8 #6 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 16:46

Captain

• Players
  • 67949 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Postbrianc53, on Jan 14 2020 - 07:27, said:

I had played through the E75 - which is decent - and unlocked the E100 months ago, but waited for the on track to buy it. I like saving 1.8m credits.
So I bought it over the weekend and played a few battles - and it’s unplayable. Nothing bounces (ok that’s an exaggeration, but being a Maus driver I had expected more bounces from the E100.)
People will say “git gud “ and I probably need practice to get...ok... but the E100 is not good.

The E100 plays totally different than most heavies. You have to be angled just right to get those bounces you are looking for. I am going to grind the line just to get it for the buffs that are coming up. From the sounds of it the E100 will be like when it first came out. 

bluenose711 #7 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 17:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 61945 battles
  • [BNOT] BNOT

I enjoy playing the Tiger and E75 but I gave up on the Tiger II long ago, sold it and put the crew in the E75. I've read so many poor reviews of the E100 that I've never bothered with it.

I picked up the VK 30.01(H) sometime ago but I'm finding it a real pig - poor gun, thin armour, and slow as my granny.  The German heavy line is pretty thin.

ethics_gradient #8 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 42892 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

I liked the Tiger somewhat, but it is a sniper tank, not a proper heavy tank.  You can start rolling once the field has thinned out a bit, but you also have to know how to angle your armour.  

The Tiger II is completely unplayable.  It was tough back when I started, but years of power creep has rendered it useless.  The lower glacis is too big, and even the upper hull armor is no longer viable, even when angled.  Everything else is just better armoured or faster or both, and better gunned. It is wholly useless against Tier IX and X's

The E-75 is not a bad tank, though I don't really play it much anymore.  Again, it has a HUGE armor weak spot - the entire lower hull -- but it seems to fare better at Tier IX than the Tiger II does at VIII.

The E-100 was great at one point.  Then the Russian players complained, so it was power-creeped/nerfed into oblivion.  It also has a huge weak point -- the lower glacis -- and the front of the turret in underarmoured when hit straight on.  That means you always have to be angled.  Add a meh gun, and SLOW speed, and you have a recipe for underperformance.  

Kliphie #9 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 33674 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
I think we're missing the OPs point.  You used to get the On Track crew and xp bonuses for basically playing slightly above bot level.  Now you need pretty solid games to get the benefit.  

ethics_gradient #10 Posted Jan 14 2020 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 42892 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostKliphie, on Jan 14 2020 - 11:19, said:

I think we're missing the OPs point.  You used to get the On Track crew and xp bonuses for basically playing slightly above bot level.  Now you need pretty solid games to get the benefit.  

My point, at least, is that he should not worry about it, because the line is not worth pursuing in the first instance.

View PostWakaWaka67, on Jan 14 2020 - 09:00, said:

Personally I think this "On Track to tier X" for the E100 is the most difficult one I have seen to date.  I haven't played the Tiger II for almost a year because I just cant manage it,  for some reason every time I play with it I get a poor team, and yes I know I contribute to that and yes I know that I am responsible for my own stats, but for some reason it just seems worse in the Tiger II.  When this on track started I thought maybe its time to retry this tank, I have a better crew, more experience etc.  I am still not coping.

This is the first time I see that they put limits on "Rushing Down the Line" and "Getting your crew on track", the way this one is done.  Usually these are available for the lower tiers up to tier VII and then from VIII-X for the other one.  Now you need to cause 2K damage and block 1K damage in a Tiger II (maybe its possible in the E75 and E100 I don't know).  Even the "Prize" at the end is a rental of a Lowe for 20 victories, which again is different than any other "On track" I've seen.

I have done this since Saturday and am just at the point of giving this up as a bad job...  I have tried to push my win % to close to 50% in the entire line going back to the D.W.2 and have managed it up to the Tiger I, but for some reason I just can't manage the Tiger II.  I hate  to leave a tank at a 37% win rate, it just feels as if I haven't done enough, but don't know if I can cope with this frustration.  I am supposed to enjoy the game...:)

We're responding to the part where he beats himself up for not doing better in the Tiger II.

Also tagged with Tiger II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users