Jump to content


Low tier tanks to play while getting used to the game?

Noob/Newb

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Mako__Reizei___ #1 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 14:52

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 245 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
I'm new to the game. I remember playing a couple of games like 2 years ago in the test server while I was testing the Maus and the T28 Super Heavy/T95. That being said, apart from those two times I played, I'm basically a new player to the game, though I have like 12k total battles in WoT Blitz (just an average player there..) and I kinda suck at the controls of this game. That being said, I'm asking y'all what low tier tanks (tiers 1-4) that I should play while getting used to this game since the physics and other mechanics are pretty different between WoT PC and WoT Blitz. I have the Pz 1 C along with all the modules bought and unlocked because somebody told me to get it when I play the game.

Captram77 #2 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 14:56

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14278 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    12-10-2016
Depends on what class you want to go towards. Tier 1-3 more about controlling the tanks, 4 up about learning each tank and weak spots of yours and the ones you are facing.

n64lord #3 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1603 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    11-16-2016

Low tier checklist- 

 

Low tier tank with autocannon - German Light tier 3 and tier 4 - Pz 1 C and then the Luchs  // British tier 2 Cruiser III

 

Low tier tank with thick armor (for its tiers) - French Light tier 2  R35, tier 2 H35, tier 3 S35, British Medium tier 4 Matilda

 

Low tier tank with HE derp gun - German TD tier 4 Hetzer // Britiish Light tier 3  Cruiser IV //  US TD tier 4 T40

 

There are others in these 3 categories, but I think 1 of each category, will give you a good idea of the "feel" of low tiers.

 


Edited by n64lord, Jan 15 2020 - 15:22.


Mako__Reizei___ #4 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 245 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
I mean, I want to get to the Maus and the E-100 since I like bouncing shots. Those two tanks are my favorites in Blitz, but I know that I still gotta learn not to jump down the central hill on Mines because it blows up my Pz 1 C... Something that doesn't happen on Blitz.  :child:

13Disciple #5 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:10

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26661 battles
  • 260
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

I recommend learning the game at tier 6.

Tiers 4 and lower has a somewhat different meta to it which may not translate well to higher tiers.

Tier 5 you could also learn at, but the problem is tier 5 will see tier 7, but not tier 3, making it one of the more difficult tiers to play.

 

Focus your time in learning the game mechanics first.

 

I'd like to point you to my Learn 2 Play Guide, Coach's Corner, and Twitch for more educational opportunities.

 

(Suggested Tech Tree Tanks, This list can be expanded to Premiums)

Light Tanks: AMX 12t, T37

Medium: Cromwell, VK30.02M, T-34-85, Skoda T25, Firefly, M4A3E8

Heavy: KV-85, KV-2

Tank Destroyer: Hellcat, Jackson

Arty: M44 (most profitable)

 


Edited by 13Disciple, Jan 15 2020 - 15:13.


Cowcat137 #6 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15812 battles
  • 7,616
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View Post13Disciple, on Jan 15 2020 - 15:10, said:

I recommend learning the game at tier 6.

Tiers 4 and lower has a somewhat different meta to it which may not translate well to higher tiers.

Tier 5 you could also learn at, but the problem is tier 5 will see tier 7, but not tier 3, making it one of the more difficult tiers to play.

 

Focus your time in learning the game mechanics first.

 

I'd like to point you to my Learn 2 Play Guide, Coach's Corner, and Twitch for more educational opportunities.

 

Light Tanks: AMX 12t, T37

Medium: Cromwell, VK30.02M, T-34-85, Skoda T25, Firefly, M4A3E8

Heavy: KV-85, KV-2

Tank Destroyer: Hellcat, Jackson

Arty: M44 (most profitable)

 

And tier 5 is over run by T-67s and their stat padding drivers.



13Disciple #7 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:15

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26661 battles
  • 260
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 09:03, said:

I mean, I want to get to the Maus and the E-100 since I like bouncing shots. Those two tanks are my favorites in Blitz, but I know that I still gotta learn not to jump down the central hill on Mines because it blows up my Pz 1 C... Something that doesn't happen on Blitz.  :child:

 

Tier for Tier probably one of the most effective tanks for blocking damage is the VK 100.01 (P)



n64lord #8 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 15:16

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1603 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    11-16-2016

If you want the Maus / E-100 to be your end goal, just go through the PZ 4 H (which will branch to both) and NOT the D.W 2 / VK 30 H (which will only branch to E-100 and not Maus)

 

I think you should be warned that you won't REALLY have armor until tier 7 and not have good armor until tier 8- (the VK 30 P can diamond angle a little bit so I would priotize the tanks on the way to the Maus over the E-100) 

 

if armor is really your focus, get the French R35 or H35 for sure to amuse yourself and give you an "reminder of what the Maus will be like" with in your spare time on the long road to getting the Maus.  Don't actually go higher up the French tiers though.


Edited by n64lord, Jan 15 2020 - 15:16.


Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #9 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 16:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36481 battles
  • 1,471
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View Postn64lord, on Jan 15 2020 - 09:02, said:

Low tier checklist- 

 

Low tier tank with autocannon - German Light tier 3 and tier 4 - Pz 1 C and then the Luchs  // British tier 2 Cruiser III

 

Low tier tank with thick armor (for its tiers) - French Light tier 2  R35, tier 2 H35, tier 3 S35, British Medium tier 4 Matilda

 

Low tier tank with HE derp gun - German TD tier 4 Hetzer // Britiish Light tier 3  Cruiser IV //  US TD tier 4 T40

 

There are others in these 3 categories, but I think 1 of each category, will give you a good idea of the "feel" of low tiers.

 


I would recommend the American M2 Medium over the Cruiser II for a new player who wants to derp. Cruiser IV doesn't have a derp gun



Mako__Reizei___ #10 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 17:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 245 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
I also see people complaining about the Pz II J's armor because they can't pen it... I keep telling our tank destroyers to shoot at it because I know that only our tank destroyers have the capability to take it out but they don't even go for the Pz II J even when the it's in their line of fire... And the TDs blame us scouts for not taking it out when I keep telling them that I couldn't pen it...

_Tsavo_ #11 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 17:57

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47924 battles
  • 20,802
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
If you want help learning, I'll help you get to tier 6 and to some toonage there.  Disciple is also a good dude.  Taugrim has some excellent videos as well. 

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #12 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 18:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36481 battles
  • 1,471
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 11:51, said:

I also see people complaining about the Pz II J's armor because they can't pen it... I keep telling our tank destroyers to shoot at it because I know that only our tank destroyers have the capability to take it out but they don't even go for the Pz II J even when the it's in their line of fire... And the TDs blame us scouts for not taking it out when I keep telling them that I couldn't pen it...

 

The Cruiser II can one shot them with HEAT rounds.

I am still waiting for the rage in the garage after I do it but since most of them spam nothing but gold ammo I think they see it as fair game lol



BlackFive #13 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 38861 battles
  • 5,749
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 14:52, said:

I'm new to the game. I remember playing a couple of games like 2 years ago in the test server while I was testing the Maus and the T28 Super Heavy/T95. That being said, apart from those two times I played, I'm basically a new player to the game, though I have like 12k total battles in WoT Blitz (just an average player there..) and I kinda suck at the controls of this game. That being said, I'm asking y'all what low tier tanks (tiers 1-4) that I should play while getting used to this game since the physics and other mechanics are pretty different between WoT PC and WoT Blitz. I have the Pz 1 C along with all the modules bought and unlocked because somebody told me to get it when I play the game.


You really want to play Tiers 5 and 6.  Anything lower and the tanks are so gimped that you won't learn much.  5-7 is the sweet spot for learning - but 7s see 9s... and many are really good



Jaguarz #14 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4891 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
Find a tank you really like the look of in tier 4-6 and then make it your own, play it, love it and master it.

Mako__Reizei___ #15 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 00:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 245 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
Thanks guys.

Ape_Drape #16 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 02:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 44575 battles
  • 2,026
  • [SOT] SOT
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 15:03, said:

I mean, I want to get to the Maus and the E-100 since I like bouncing shots. Those two tanks are my favorites in Blitz, but I know that I still gotta learn not to jump down the central hill on Mines because it blows up my Pz 1 C... Something that doesn't happen on Blitz.  :child:

 

The Maus can bounce other peoples' shots. But the E100... yeah, they bounce shots alright, just not in the good way.



Korvick #17 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2781 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 16:51, said:

I also see people complaining about the Pz II J's armor because they can't pen it... I keep telling our tank destroyers to shoot at it because I know that only our tank destroyers have the capability to take it out but they don't even go for the Pz II J even when the it's in their line of fire... And the TDs blame us scouts for not taking it out when I keep telling them that I couldn't pen it...

 

Panzer IIJ is a luxury item tho.  Unless you guys had it on special on NA server.  Until a few years ago it was only available on ASIA server from people who bought some sort of special promo box in europe or something.  I think it was like over $200 USD or something.  They then released as a package, again over $100 USD.  I don't see it that often and its so outclassed by everything now I just laugh.  They shoot gold because its got less pen than anything else in the game I think.



Korvick #18 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2781 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostMako__Reizei___, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:52, said:

I'm new to the game. I remember playing a couple of games like 2 years ago in the test server while I was testing the Maus and the T28 Super Heavy/T95. That being said, apart from those two times I played, I'm basically a new player to the game, though I have like 12k total battles in WoT Blitz (just an average player there..) and I kinda suck at the controls of this game. That being said, I'm asking y'all what low tier tanks (tiers 1-4) that I should play while getting used to this game since the physics and other mechanics are pretty different between WoT PC and WoT Blitz. I have the Pz 1 C along with all the modules bought and unlocked because somebody told me to get it when I play the game.

 

Pick a line, I recommend anything Russian, and just go up that line.  I play a lot of mid tiers cuz I like it. Way more fun than the mess that is Tier 9+.  The Tier IV T28 and Tier V T34 are very good tanks to learn with.  Nothing wrong with the KV1 either.  Ignore the doomsayers and their talk of T67s.  I think that tank is way overrated.  And personally, I don't see any more of that tank than any other Tier V when I'm playing.

 

I wouldn't spend too much time in tiers 1 to 3.  Not much to learn there, nearly everything is vulnerable to everything else.  I can be fun, but you won't learn much tactically.



SquiggyMcPew #19 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 56 battles
  • 701
  • Member since:
    10-28-2019
New to the game then play the m2 light for about a hundred games. Good mobility usable armor and a solid 37mm gun. All the habits you learn with this tank like angling to bounce shots and positioning to get in flanking shots will carry you on to the higher tiers. I usually roll it out a few times a week to have some low tier fun.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #20 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26005 battles
  • 1,010
  • [LMFR] LMFR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012
in low tier you can take time to learn your maps and and play your tanks and work with your team . but sadly gold round take to much the place to kill to fast




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users