CW Campaign Delay Compensation

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

MajorDoozy #1 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

I am aware that this delay was caused by DDoS attacks; though, keep this in mind: it wasn't our problem. Wargaming is a big company that should be able to afford a strong, anti-DDoS protection service for all of their servers. This thread doesn't promote the DDoS attacks in any way whatsoever; on the contrary. I condemn the attack on the server.

But with all of that being said, I do believe some sort of compensation should be in order for those of us who were ready to go for CW, just so it could get delayed. I really have no idea what would be considered good compensation for this, but something should be in order for WG's goof-up on allowing an event like this to take place.

Edited by MajorDoozy, Jan 15 2020 - 19:01.

Dr_Jerkov #2 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1865 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K
Watch out, or the entire server will get one day of premium time as compensation.

MajorDoozy #3 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostDr_Jerkov, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:02, said:

Watch out, or the entire server will get one day of premium time as compensation.

That's better than nothing.

WhineMaker #4 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 39627 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
The entitlement is STRONG in OP... :child:

WRECK_IT_RUGZ #5 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [RDOGS] RDOGS

well they did not offer the event it was not going live till tomorrow!!!!  so it is not like they started the event then took it from you how do you get this idea you are owed something???

What do you want a participation trophy ?  maybe a cookie?   wait how about a medal or emblem for your tank

how does them postponing an event cause of issues give you the right to free STUFF???   asking for a friend

MajorDoozy #6 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:07, said:

The entitlement is STRONG in OP... :child:

You are just a forum troll, I've seen you posting on other threads. Take your happy [edited]elsewhere, while we address an actual issue within the community (newsflash, this is what forums are actually for).

MajorDoozy #7 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostRugz001, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:08, said:

well they did not offer the event it was not going live till tomorrow!!!!  so it is not like they started the event then took it from you how do you get this idea you are owed something???

What do you want a participation trophy ?  maybe a cookie?   wait how about a medal or emblem for your tank

how does them postponing an event cause of issues give you the right to free STUFF???   asking for a friend

I would explain to you why, but you don't seem intelligent enough to understand. 

All that matters, is that they allowed an event like this to happen, and this is a heavy inconvenience to all clans who were participating in the campaign. Compensation should be in order.

WRECK_IT_RUGZ #8 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [RDOGS] RDOGS

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:12, said:

I would explain to you why, but you don't seem intelligent enough to understand. 

All that matters, is that they allowed an event like this to happen, and this is a heavy inconvenience to all clans who were participating in the campaign. Compensation should be in order.

IT never started it was to be released on the 16th today is the 15th or did i miss something

MajorDoozy #9 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostRugz001, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:24, said:

IT never started it was to be released on the 16th today is the 15th or did i miss something

I am fully aware of that. You clearly have no idea what you, or I, am talking about.

_Miyuki_ #10 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14007 battles
  • [PZBA] PZBA

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:01, said:

I am aware that this delay was caused by DDoS attacks; though, keep this in mind: it wasn't our problem. Wargaming is a big company that should be able to afford a strong, anti-DDoS protection service for all of their servers. This thread doesn't promote the DDoS attacks in any way whatsoever; on the contrary. I condemn the attack on the server.

But with all of that being said, I do believe some sort of compensation should be in order for those of us who were ready to go for CW, just so it could get delayed. I really have no idea what would be considered good compensation for this, but something should be in order for WG's goof-up on allowing an event like this to take place.

Why should WG give out compensation for moving the start time of an event?  I fail to see where that is necessary.  The event may not start when originally planned, but it is still going to happen.  People will still be able to win their tanks.  It's not like everyone was sitting in Special Battles waiting for CW to start and battles didn't go off.  There may not have been much advance warning, but there was still some.  So I don't see any reason that WG would need to give out compensation for something that hasn't even happened yet.

BlackFive #11 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 37826 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 19:01, said:

GIVE me an EDITED BREAK!!!

Entitlement culture is (edit - I cannot strongly enough condemn this kid's posting without a ban)

Bring back neg reps please

Kharah #12 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7626 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostRugz001, on Jan 15 2020 - 19:08, said:

Maybe you'll understand why this is such an inconvenience when you're actually good enough to join a half decent clan.

I've heard several people say they've got approved time off work to be able to play the campaign, so this is about more than wanting a ''participation trophy''.

The real people who are gonna want a participation trophy are gonna be the clans who weren't good enough at the end of the campaign when it actually happens.

MajorDoozy #13 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Post_Miyuki_, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:31, said:

Why should WG give out compensation for moving the start time of an event?  I fail to see where that is necessary.  The event may not start when originally planned, but it is still going to happen.  People will still be able to win their tanks.  It's not like everyone was sitting in Special Battles waiting for CW to start and battles didn't go off.  There may not have been much advance warning, but there was still some.  So I don't see any reason that WG would need to give out compensation for something that hasn't even happened yet.

They allowed someone to attack their servers, when they clearly are capable of affording a service that can prevent said attacks. "Oh, we need to delay the campaign" yeah, thanks to something your company could've prevented, but didn't.

MajorDoozy #14 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostKharah, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:33, said:

Maybe you'll understand why this is such an inconvenience when you're actually good enough to join a half decent clan.

I've heard several people say they've got approved time off work to be able to play the campaign, so this is about more than wanting a ''participation trophy''.

The real people who are gonna want a participation trophy are gonna be the clans who weren't good enough at the end of the campaign when it actually happens.

I didn't feel like explaining it to him, so I appreciate you explaining it from the point of view of half-decent players in a half-decent clan.

MajorDoozy #15 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostBlackFive, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:32, said:

GIVE me an EDITED BREAK!!!

Entitlement culture is (edit - I cannot strongly enough condemn this kid's posting without a ban)

Bring back neg reps please

*Yawn* Yet another forum troll. Let the good players discuss real issues.

InappropriateHandHolding #16 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:41

Captain

• Players
  • 38963 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
So let me get this straight you are mad that a company was having issues admitted they are having issues from a ddos attack and deleyed somthing where every battle can mean the differance between positions.  Ya I think the compensation would be them not screwing us over and just have it run with servers that are crashing and or lagging.

Kliphie #17 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 33674 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 12:39, said:

While they're 26 more than me, you have 26 games in tier 10 CWs.  

BlackFive #18 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 37826 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 19:39, said:

Snort.  Okay, kid you got me.

Look back on this someday.  You might learn something about yourself.

WRECK_IT_RUGZ #19 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [RDOGS] RDOGS

View PostKharah, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:33, said:

i never said i was going to play the event.....      just find it funny how some players think they should get free stuff cause said event start date was moved....      and everything you just said means nothing to me good for your friends on taking time of work for a pixel game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i take time off work to go on vacations with family you know real life stuff not fake pixels..   but every 1 is different.

Go to your safe place hug your teddy bear cry some and tomorrow will be a better day.

OH wait nope for you the world is ending sorry to hear that the event start got move WORLD ENDING NOW BOOM

_Miyuki_ #20 Posted Jan 15 2020 - 19:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14007 battles
  • [PZBA] PZBA

View PostMajorDoozy, on Jan 15 2020 - 13:35, said:

They allowed someone to attack their servers, when they clearly are capable of affording a service that can prevent said attacks. "Oh, we need to delay the campaign" yeah, thanks to something your company could've prevented, but didn't.

I feel that enough people hate WG that no matter what they did there would be someone who has the capability of attacking them like that.  I don't actually have any knowledge or experience in that type of thing to really comment on it though.  I think the main point is that they had a problem, and part of the steps they are taking to deal with said problem is having to delay the campaign.  Does it suck?  Of course it does, especially for people who asked for time off of work for it.  However, WG doesn't owe anyone a thing in compensation for that.  If the event had already started then yeah, I would say something different, but it hadn't started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users