If you're going to botch HE then put the WoT Classic back up.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MyLuckyLuchs #1 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 274 battles

I feel the need to preface what I'm about to say, because I might not be very well known to anyone here, but I play a lot of Tanks. The bulk of my time is spent on Xbox, but I play both platforms. And what happens on PC usually makes its way to console, some things sooner than others (already dealing with that stupid 279E), but it eventually happens.

That said, I need a safe haven to go to for all this silly tinkering that Wargaming keeps doing. It happens without fail. Every time I hop onto the website, I have to process and internalize some dumb new concept they've cooked up. It's like they're methodically working to strip everything that was fun away from this game. How is it that, with one quarter of the tanks they have now, there was more variety and intrigue to this game six years ago? I liked WoT Classic. It showed me how few changes to the game have been made that I actually liked. If they could just put that back up, and maybe add the terrain physics, at least I'd have a place to get away from all this homogenization. I've put my share of money into this game. Damn it all, at least give me the option to play it the way I like.

NinjaFrogIsnotabadperson #2 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 08:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 899 battles
before the accuracy nerf was the sweet spot in the game for me .I wish they would have a couple versions of the game .The classic version they released was not the best version of the game .

Edited by NinjaFrogIsnotabadperson, Jan 16 2020 - 08:58.

MyLuckyLuchs #3 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 09:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 274 battles

View PostNinjaFrogIsnotabadperson, on Jan 16 2020 - 08:56, said:

before the accuracy nerf was the sweet spot in the game for me .I wish they would have a couple versions of the game .The classic version they released was not the best version of the game .

Oh of course it was not the best. There are several things they've added that were good. Most of the new tanks are fine, and caps on number of artillery was a nice change. But it throws into relief how much of the change was stuff I didn't like. I'm still sore about the loss of scout matchmaking, and I prefer the old artillery. But then it's easy to fall in the trap of "Where do you draw the line?" I would be hypocritical if I got all picky-choosey about this and that. I'm trying to be fair to myself by saying just the baseline classic game would be a nice thing to have for those days I get tired of the new and start feeling nostalgic.

It would be great if everyone got to choose the things they liked and had a thousand people to share in that experience. Maximal happiness within the realm of feasibility is the next best thing. They already have the infrastructure set up for Classic, and-- call me naïve-- I can't imagine it being that much skin off theirs to keep it running on the side.

Edited by MyLuckyLuchs, Jan 16 2020 - 09:23.

Krupp_Sabot #4 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 09:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11802 battles
The issue with another server is would there be enough interest and would players be willing to drop fully developed accounts just to retread old ground? I mean im sure WG would love to sell premiums people already have on their main accounts to people again but i doubt the players would feel similar. I also doubt WG would let the current accounts transfer over even sans the stuff pre whatever iteration of "Classic".

FastForward7 #5 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 10:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11931 battles

View PostMyLuckyLuchs, on Jan 16 2020 - 00:20, said:

I prefer the old artillery.

Like back when an uber-accurate 261 with AP could one-shot you from across the map? Thanks, but I'll pass on that one.

MyLuckyLuchs #6 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 10:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 274 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Jan 16 2020 - 10:03, said:

Like back when an uber-accurate 261 with AP could one-shot you from across the map? Thanks, but I'll pass on that one.

Nice quip, but we're actually in agreement. That's the point of the proposition. You could pass on old and I could pass on new.

Almighty_Johnson #7 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFastForward7, on Jan 16 2020 - 04:03, said:

How is that any different from getting one shotted by an FV4005 or Death Star when you are trying to compete with Tier 10s in a Tier 8 medium?  Or coming face to face with a tank you can't damage with any ammo type (Looking at you 279(e) )?

Sorry, mate, but arty was never that accurate, and the introduction of the "stun" mechanic made an annoying thing into full blown cancer.  Take your pick.  1 in 100 battles or less you get derped, or spend 1 in 20 or more perma-stunned and rekt by everyone else......

CynicalDutchie #8 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 44200 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
The sooner they kill off HE the better.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #9 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:38

Captain

• Players
  • 35608 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Jan 16 2020 - 04:03, said:

now you just get "critical hit" and 300hp of damage or so. I  haven't had it long but I think I've only had one nice damage roll while playing it. I would sacrifice some accuracy for higher damage rolls. 

FastForward7 #10 Posted Jan 17 2020 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11931 battles

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Jan 16 2020 - 06:17, said:

How is that any different from getting one shotted by an FV4005 or Death Star when you are trying to compete with Tier 10s in a Tier 8 medium?  Or coming face to face with a tank you can't damage with any ammo type (Looking at you 279(e) )?

Sorry, mate, but arty was never that accurate, and the introduction of the "stun" mechanic made an annoying thing into full blown cancer.  Take your pick.  1 in 100 battles or less you get derped, or spend 1 in 20 or more perma-stunned and rekt by everyone else......

I have to admit, there's something amusing about someone who's account is over three years newer than mine telling me what the game used to be like. What else can you tell me about the time when you didn't play the game and I did? I'm eager to learn.

As far as the difference between arty and a 4005 or Deathstar, the difference is you can shoot back. It's a subtle difference, but... no, actually, it's really not a subtle difference at all. It's pretty obviously clear.

Mindtunnel #11 Posted Jan 17 2020 - 06:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 17243 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
I just don't think the player base is big enough to run and maintain more servers, especially ones that would get even less interest. Wargaming is a business and though I love the game it still comes down to the dollar. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users