Buff Leo 1 - It really needs a sub 6 sec reload time to compete with autoloaders.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Ironclad455 #1 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 13:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43957 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

Yes, I have tried and tried and suck at the Leo 1, but the addition of all the auto loaders and 'heavy' fast mediums have really left the Leo 1 in the dust.  Heck, every time I get hit in it 3 things break...and I am not exaggerating.

Giving it a load time under 6 seconds would make it less of an easy rush target.

Edited by Ironclad455, Jan 16 2020 - 13:14.

oldewolfe #2 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 13:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 25023 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

It's not Meant to Compete with the Autoloaders, nothing is....     And the Autoloaders have a Long Reload to Offset the Burst Fire they're Capable of....    Leopard I has Sustained Fire, a Far more Usable Mode than just Clipping someone and Running Away while you wait upwards of 30 Sec's to do it again.....

It's also not Meant to be that Close that the Reload becomes an Issue, and is Mobile enough to Not be Anchored to one Location while it works.....       That's why the Leopard I is what it is and why it's Accessible from the Light Tank Line in 2 Places...      The Tank I felt was Fine before, and Now, it's Buffed and alot more are seen in the Game than in the Past.... 

CamuMahubah #3 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 13:32

Captain

• Players
  • 24615 battles
IRL the Leopard would dominate the battlefield in this field of concept tanks at tier X.  They be dead before they knew what hit them.

Also the Leopard would be broken and taken out easily in up close battles but since the Leopard can't spot and kill from long range it does need an ammo rack buff at the very least.  

I play the PTA and have not felt like tier X Leopard would be useful until it gets a slight buff.  I'd be happy with 30% more Ammo Rack hit points.  

13Jake55 #4 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 14:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22029 battles
I had the Leo before the buff and felt it was the same as the PTA but because it did not see tier 7s it was actually worse so I sold it. I've been thinking of buying it back but comparing the stats it does not appear to be a major upgrade from the PTA. I like the speed of the LEO's and cannon characteristics but it is at a disadvantage in the current map layouts.  With sighting characteristics so enhanced at upper tiers, small maps, and corridors the tank only truly excels on a few maps.  Saying that I do like playing the PTA probably more than the 430 and the 430U since I tend to abuse the armor on the 430's while I know the limitations on the PTA. 

Trauglodyte #5 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 14:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 23758 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postoldewolfe, on Jan 16 2020 - 13:26, said:

It's not Meant to Compete with the Autoloaders, nothing is....     And the Autoloaders have a Long Reload to Offset the Burst Fire they're Capable of....    

This mindset is exactly why auto-loaders/reloaders are bad for the game.  The "long reload" isn't a true offset when you can still do things while reloading.  It's like saying that your tank to auto-self destruct when it runs out of ammunition.  Auto-loaders have an insane amount of burst - the B-C 25t has enough clip alpha to take out a fully health tier 8 medium and the tier 9 US auto-loading medium can do the same.  The downside is that, while you can clip someone out, you can't do anything while reloading?  

I get the point that your trying to make but it is still weak tea and, quite frankly, auto-loaders are problematic from tier 1-10.

Cowcat137 #6 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 14971 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Move current Leopard I to tier 9 and the tier ten would get later model up armored turret. It could at least use ridge lines then. Leopard PTA would be a fine tier 8 premium trainer.

Edited by Cowcat137, Jan 16 2020 - 15:21.

Almighty_Johnson #7 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 16 2020 - 08:51, said:

This mindset is exactly why auto-loaders/reloaders are bad for the game.  The "long reload" isn't a true offset when you can still do things while reloading.  It's like saying that your tank to auto-self destruct when it runs out of ammunition.  Auto-loaders have an insane amount of burst - the B-C 25t has enough clip alpha to take out a fully health tier 8 medium and the tier 9 US auto-loading medium can do the same.  The downside is that, while you can clip someone out, you can't do anything while reloading?  

I get the point that your trying to make but it is still weak tea and, quite frankly, auto-loaders are problematic from tier 1-10.

What are the "other things" you can do while reloading, other than A: Run Away, B: try to hid and spot, or C: Go for the ram....?

I'm at a loss to figure out what a BS-25 can do other than get shredded while on reload if he doesn't bugger off to a safe spot.

Kliphie #8 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 33674 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

As usual with these debates, the anti crowd have few if any games in the tanks they're complaining about.  The red versions of most tanks seem really OP while the green versions rarely perform as well. 

They also tend to favor one national line but I'm sure that's totally unrelated.  

LGBTBBQ #9 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 14707 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ
I just want the dispersion values to not be fantasy. My Leo has .02 more dispersion than my sieged up STRV 103b. The accuracy and rate of dispersion of the Leo 1 is a joke and a lie. There's absolutely no way that freaking gun is .02 away from the STRV 103b. The Leo 1 feels like a .33 dispersion when you play the STRV 103b. Russian mediums and high caliber TDs feel like they have less dispersion than the Leo 1. The Leo 1's tank stats are a total lie.

Edited by LGBTBBQ, Jan 16 2020 - 15:41.

Ironclad455 #10 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43957 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

The auto-loader 'long' reload is not long enough.  If it unloads a clip from a distance, then retreats behind cover, it will take 10-20 seconds to close the distance and confront the tank....fire one shot, maybe 2, and then the auto-loader is reloaded and clips you out.

The Leo1 has poor camo, no armor, it is not particularly fast, and most maps are small.  

When they introduced auto-loaders,they should have made the auto-loading mechanism subject to damage (a separate component), as I am sure it is.

FrozenKemp #11 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 54967 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

View PostIronclad455, on Jan 16 2020 - 07:13, said:

Yes, I have tried and tried and suck at the Leo 1, but the addition of all the auto loaders and 'heavy' fast mediums have really left the Leo 1 in the dust.  Heck, every time I get hit in it 3 things break...and I am not exaggerating.

Giving it a load time under 6 seconds would make it less of an easy rush target.

The Leo does not need 4200 DPM.

Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 16 2020 - 15:45.

NeatoMan #12 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 28785 battles

View PostLGBTBBQ, on Jan 16 2020 - 09:41, said:

I just want the dispersion values to not be fantasy. My Leo has .02 more dispersion than my sieged up STRV 103b. The accuracy and rate of dispersion of the Leo 1 is a joke and a lie. There's absolutely no way that freaking gun is .02 away from the STRV 103b. The Leo 1 feels like a .33 dispersion when you play the STRV 103b. Russian mediums and high caliber TDs feel like they have less dispersion than the Leo 1. The Leo 1's tank stats are a total lie.

yep.
On paper the accuracy looks good, but those hidden stats kill the leo's accuracy, especially with snapshots. 

black_colt #13 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 15:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 5039 battles

View PostLGBTBBQ, on Jan 16 2020 - 06:41, said:

Please provide verifiable documentation - e.g., several replays showing your alleged dispersion - that the stats are a lie.

Insanefriend #14 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 48825 battles
  • [TRY] TRY

View PostIronclad455, on Jan 16 2020 - 06:13, said:

The Leo 1 had a buff and in it's current state it is by far one of the best long range snipers in the game.  You just don't brawl in it like a Russain medium, it is a support tank/

View PostNeatoMan, on Jan 16 2020 - 08:50, said:

yep.
On paper the accuracy looks good, but those hidden stats kill the leo's accuracy, especially with snapshots. 

After the rebalance it is one of the most point in click tanks in the game.  Before the buff it was pretty bad, after the buff the gun almost always goes where you aim.

HAN_Y0L0 #15 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30207 battles

In the logic that is being stated by many in this thread, all auto loaders are either op or broken because they can "burst" damage.  If they were OP or broken then everyone would be running them as the sole meta for CW's in all regards.  The fact of the matter is, as a very experienced player.  Autoloaders are extremely niche in their role.  And are much better for late match gameplay when they can clean things up.  If you are getting yolo'd it means one of two things. 1. You are over extended from the rest of your team and are getting isolated.  or 2. It's late match and they realize that you are a probable threat and are focusing you out.

I personally do not enjoy or like autoloaders.  I detest the long periods of inactivity where you are literally praying that you don't get pushed by a couple meds and wrecked. I prefer playing single shot mediums with steady DPM overtime.

I guess in the end, if you feel you are constantly getting yolo'd and wrecked... Change your play style, because something doesn't sound right.  I see autoloaders in most matches and I don't find that they are swooping in and clapping me regularly.

Sturm_Schnitzel #16 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 16 2020 - 06:59, said:

Please provide verifiable documentation - e.g., several replays showing your alleged dispersion - that the stats are a lie.

Well, LGBTBBQ has nearly 200 battles in the Leo, so yeah, I'd say that's plenty of time to notice the little quirks and qualities the Leo 1 has. I myself have a 107 battles in the Leo 1 and even I have noticed the soft stat accuracy flaws. Stationary, full aim against a stationary target at medium/close range and it flies off? That's some serious devt@rd bullsharts. The really moist and stenchy kind.

Funny, I noticed that you don't even have any tier 10 vehicles at all.

xxbigbaconSPG #17 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 997 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2
it does need a slightly faster reload.

xxbigbaconSPG #18 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 997 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2

View PostInsanefriend, on Jan 16 2020 - 16:28, said:

The Leo 1 had a buff and in it's current state it is by far one of the best long range snipers in the game.  You just don't brawl in it like a Russain medium, it is a support tank/

After the rebalance it is one of the most point in click tanks in the game.  Before the buff it was pretty bad, after the buff the gun almost always goes where you aim.

if sniping only mattered on most maps this would be true but it isn't. the gun still trolls like a german gun does. on paper accurate, in game worse than a SPG

grandthefttankV #19 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 36736 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostIronclad455, on Jan 16 2020 - 12:13, said:

the leo has become unplayable even with the buffs since WG has nerfed it into oblivion.

it needs more armor and yes, faster reload.

in its current form, it is only good for being a TD.

Treeburst #20 Posted Jan 16 2020 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 34058 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
I don’t think the Leopard is very competitive in WOT today. Way back before the Agent Orange campaign and the map corridorification projects it was much stronger.

The DPM is fine on it, the Leo just can’t mitigate any damage. A turret with some armor on it would go a long ways towards making it decent, but would also make it an AMX-30b clone (although since the Leopard 1 and the AMX-30 share a common origin maybe that isn’t so terrible).

If they want to keep it a completely paper tank I think they need to up the camo on it significantly and add a degree or two of gun depression.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users