bug superannoying pissedoff

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SnakeNjakE #1 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 05:33

Private

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [K-E] K-E
Every time I try and load up WoT my keyboard is locking up, it won't allow me to type or use any keys. My mouse is still working fine but my keyboard is just frozen. And sometimes it will wait until I'm in a game to lock up on me and so I'll just be stuck there only able to turn my turret and shoot, or I get stuck in an endless loop of just driving. And even if I close the game my keyboard is still locked up and shuts off my RGB backlighting. Only fix is to restart my computer but then it will just lock up again as soon as I load up WoT.

DanielA13 #2 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 06:39

Captain

• Players
  • 13934 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Is your keyboard physically locked up or is it merely a software problem?  Like perhaps you have a slow internet connection and you are connecting to the South American server?  Just a thought. Think about it from a technical perspective. Why would your keyboard malfunction for WOT but nothing else?  It could of course be your keyboard, but remember that your turret position moves client side regardless of your internet connection with the server (at least briefly).

WhineMaker #3 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 09:34

Major

• Players
  • 40463 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
Switch over from Cheetos to Pepperidge Farm Goldfish to avoid the Cheeto dust buildup on your keyboard. Your keyboard will like you more... :popcorn:

SnakeNjakE #4 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 10:15

Private

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [K-E] K-E

View PostDanielA13, on Jan 23 2020 - 05:39, said:

Is your keyboard physically locked up or is it merely a software problem?  Like perhaps you have a slow internet connection and you are connecting to the South American server?  Just a thought. Think about it from a technical perspective. Why would your keyboard malfunction for WOT but nothing else?  It could of course be your keyboard, but remember that your turret position moves client side regardless of your internet connection with the server (at least briefly).

I don't believe It's internet connection because it doesn't just lock movement controls it will lock my keyboard outside of the client as well. I can't tab out, and I cant type to chat. I can't even ctrl+alt+del.

SnakeNjakE #5 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 10:17

Private

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [K-E] K-E

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 23 2020 - 08:34, said:

Switch over from Cheetos to Pepperidge Farm Goldfish to avoid the Cheeto dust buildup on your keyboard. Your keyboard will like you more... :popcorn:

I only eat grass because im vegan. no dust on my computer what so ever.

Raven205 #6 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 12:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 13721 battles
  • [MONGG] MONGG
I have the same problem when I open team speak while in game or it will happen randomly.  I get a connection lost message, I reconnect, then I get loading interface and the WOT logo in the middle of my screen thru the entire battle.  I can rotate my turret and fire but can't move.  I'm stuck in the battle until it ends.  Game goes back to garage with the loading interface and WOT logo there also.  I've got to restart the game from game center to continue to play.  My internet connection and PC are functioning normally.  This only happens when I play WOT, not with any other of the games I play.  And I don't eat Cheetos!

PTwr #7 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 14:05

Major

• Players
  • 46463 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostSnakeNjakE, on Jan 23 2020 - 04:33, said:

... shuts off my RGB backlighting. Only fix is to restart my computer but then it will just lock up again as soon as I load up WoT.

Smells like fancy schmancy RGB keyboard with its own special drivers/software for extra functions. If I am not mistaken WoT has some integration with some gaming gear, that might be a source of conflict.

Missing information:

1. Keyboard model
  2. Operating system
  3. Do you have keyboard additional driver/software installed?
  4. Does unplugging, and plugging back, fixes your issue? 

Possible fixes:

1. Remove keyboard driver/software, live with standard HID driver
  2. Install, or update, keyboard driver/software. 
  3. Check game options for gaming gear integration
  4. Launch game in Safe Mode (doubtful)

WhineMaker #8 Posted Jan 23 2020 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 40463 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSnakeNjakE, on Jan 23 2020 - 01:17, said:

I only eat grass because im vegan. no dust on my computer what so ever.

SnakeNjakE #9 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 21:31

Private

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [K-E] K-E

View PostPTwr, on Jan 23 2020 - 13:05, said:

Smells like fancy schmancy RGB keyboard with its own special drivers/software for extra functions. If I am not mistaken WoT has some integration with some gaming gear, that might be a source of conflict.

Missing information:

1. Keyboard model
  2. Operating system
  3. Do you have keyboard additional driver/software installed?
  4. Does unplugging, and plugging back, fixes your issue? 

Possible fixes:

1. Remove keyboard driver/software, live with standard HID driver
  2. Install, or update, keyboard driver/software. 
  3. Check game options for gaming gear integration
  4. Launch game in Safe Mode (doubtful)

I don't know how I would find out if I had missing drivers/software for my keyboard. But I do know my Alienware command center has been having issues finding my keyboard to control my FX.

PTwr #10 Posted Jan 30 2020 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 46463 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostSnakeNjakE, on Jan 25 2020 - 20:31, said:

I don't know how I would find out if I had missing drivers/software for my keyboard. But I do know my Alienware command center has been having issues finding my keyboard to control my FX.

Fancy keyboards usually have guide in box stating that some extra options require some extra software. Keyboard will work as standard USB HID (human interface device) without any special drivers/software out of box, but some functions might be not available. For example my Razer needs Razer Synapse installed for macros and other fancy stuff, but some fun stuff are in device itself.

Your mileage may vary if have you installed it, or not installed, or installed incorrectly, or windows update broke it, etc. etc.

Problems might be caused by that Alienware command center as well if its trying to match colors to game and fails for some reason.

Edited by PTwr, Jan 30 2020 - 18:05.

Also tagged with bug, superannoying, pissedoff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users