Lunar New Year Event Lunar New Year Event Lunar New Year 2020 Lunar New Year

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #61 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 74966 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

FYI repost.  Link was tossed up for someone in the original thread.  The rest is just a heads up folks.

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 24 2020 - 13:53, said:

https://lunarnewyear.worldoftanks.com/en/

And a heads up for folks as I just cashed my commander package in myself.

Turnaround was almost instantaneous.   I got a notification center pop for the camo only.  So if you cash your coins in you may have to go find your stuff.

Commander was dumped in the barracks with an expiration of 5-25-20.  And the 10 universal x5s are in the mission tab.  Not sure if you haven't ran at least one daily if it'll show though.  Did not get a notification pop on either of them though.  Did have a new bubble for the commander in the gifts tab, but had to click it to see it.

Make sure you're logged into the page.  I can login automatically via tabbing on TR if I'm logged in elsewhere, but not on the Lunar page for some reason.  Also either I closed mine out once I logged in and forgot or it timed me out.  Went to redeem my package and got a nasty gram about something going wrong.  Then I realized I wasn't logged in anymore.  Refreshing once I login manually worked though.  Something else to keep in mind.

Edit:  The camos are under the regular/customizable camo instead of presets.  Which means we can add emblems and whatnot to them.  And they're de demountable and non historic.  And not a complaint, just more FYI. The only downside is you can't sell them since they're not historic.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Jan 24 2020 - 21:18.

MMI_SPI #62 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24674 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

You want Feedback:

- Daily missions is good for the game, bad for the players. People with IRL jobs, kids, travel, etc. are disadvantaged. Same for casual players.  You are appealing to the smaller hardcore playerbase willing to spend 1.5 weeks loggin in and playing X amount of hours for every F**kin days.

- Only 1 mission with the " win X battles...." condition. That's ok! Would've love to see none, but 1 is manageable. Win condition is so unreliable, could spend hours to get a single win on a bad day.

- "You can win a prem tank during this event!!" "Oh! BTW, you have to spend real $$ to get that prem tank!! You can't get it just by playing! LOL! Sick" Good marketing oopsie

- "Just throw a lot of money at us and you can skip the entire grind!! Get in the Premium Shop RIGHT.. NOW!!!" Just as people got their credit card report and sees that awful amount spent on 2019 christmas lootboxes... Is there any stop to your greediness?? Thats another level of milking the consumer.

- That Event Page..... URCK!! Scrolling longer then the daily commute I do to get to work. Style reminds me of Blade Runner scene, in the city, but worst. Like, with the F**kin overgrown ADS everywhere!! Its ADS City, Las Vegas level of money grab, BUY BUY BUY, GO TO SHOP, NOW!

- Appreciate the fact that we can access the progress WITHOUT loggin in the game. Got 5 minutes?! Just check your progress, don't need to load the entire game. I Like the event in a webpage, just like TankRewards.

- Free BIA crews, training manuals and the x5 are great. Literally! Even with the grind, its worth it.

Edited by MMI_SPI, Jan 24 2020 - 20:23.

DomoSapien #63 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 20:29

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 15124 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBelisarius71, on Jan 24 2020 - 11:49, said:

Okay, you guys have always been TERRIBLE at explaining your events, we all accept that by now I think. But this one ...

It looks like there are only 1800 coins available through missions, is that correct? So if I want to get the premium tank, either one, as a reward, I have to buy a package right? It can't be won purely by doing missions? So, the best I could do is get a tier 8 for ... what 10 bucks? I mean, that's pretty good I guess, but is that right?

And if I "buy" all the elements, all I get is some x5s, boosters, that's it right? Because there's a picture of a crew book in the metal .."explanation" but no listing of crew books given.

Edit
Okay, I now see some of the answers have been given already. So I guess my next question is, when do you guys learn from this constantly happening? You plan an event, build some uselessly flashy page for it, and then, your player base still has no idea of whats going on. When do you just simply write out the instructions???

I mean, we don't usually  build flashy pages for the events, but you're right I completely agree that the messaging around the event introduction was all wrong. Like, clarification that it's not a classic marathon and that the tanks are just extras for those who are interested in getting some bundles at a potential discount. 

The articles have since been edited to include the details for each mission, so you can read those to prepare and decide which are worth your time. 

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 24 2020 - 11:56, said:

Domo has left the building.  And I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I've looked at the article a few times.  Without looking...

If you use coins for all the elements you get a zero XP crewman for each of the first four elements.  Hard set for crew positions (C, G, D and L) and 10 universal x5s for each of them and camo (9 pieces iirc).

If you also get the last one you get a 2 million credit crew book (250k xp for the whole crew IF irc) and the big crew book for one crewman (850k xp again iiirc).  And some boosters an 8 pack of 300 percent free xp ones I think.  Not sure on time maybe one hour.

The article details the rewards as does the landing page.  Now to submit and see what I got wrong. :P

It's listed in the article but heavymetal nailed it, you get a 250k crew XP book for a whole crew and you get an 850k XP crew book for a single crew member.

The technical issues with the points not updating should be resolved as well now. 

Burt616 #64 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 21:12

Private

• Players
  • 32343 battles
  • [735] 735

Ok I figured it out.   There are 12 lunar mission for 150 Golden Coins,  however each mission is available for 2 days.

So you have a total of 300 golden coins per mission, giving you the opportunity to get 3600 golden coins without purchasing anything from WoT.  This will give you enough to obtain one of the two reward tanks.

Took me a while to figure out that the missions are available for two days. 

Have fun.

Burt616 #65 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 22:02

Private

• Players
  • 32343 battles
  • [735] 735

My previous post was incorrect after looking at it again I think max is 1800 like previous post stated,  sorrry for the confusion.

Cheers

Insanefriend #66 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 49359 battles
  • [TRY] TRY
The Smiling mask camo should be clearly listed as one random camo.  It's kind of confusing and took me a moment to see it isn't a pack of four camo sets.

Mojo_Riesing #67 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 03:49

Captain

• Players
  • 20881 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
i'm just gonna play the game sometimes....when i'm not doing something else and not worry about the event.  It's just not worth the work.

Cowcat137 #68 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 13:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

If I buy the package in the premium shop I get it all, but if I buy it twice can I get another full set of camos and crew books etc ?

Diacom #69 Posted Jan 26 2020 - 06:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31894 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 23 2020 - 10:19, said:

Tankers, 

Lunar New year is almost upon us, and this year we're celebrating in style! (Get it, because you can unlock a bunch of... styles through this event :D )

Complete missions, earn Golden Coins, redeem them on the Lunar New Year Landing Page - Bookmark it! - and earn cool stuff. Two Premium Tanks are up for grabs, as well as Premium Time, an absurd amount of camo patterns and styles, Zero Skill BIA crew and more!

Complete all the various elements to unlock an additional element, Metal, with its own set of rewards. 

For all the details, check out the article
KrzyBoop is answering some questions in his Q&A Thread so make sure you check that out!

What do y'all think about the event? Looking forward to it? Sitting it out? Please leave your feedback below.

Sitting this one out, just like I have pretty much since before Halloween.

Piss poor communications as usual from WG about the event.  Piss poor advanced notice as usual from WG about the event.  Piss poor implementation as usual from WG of the event.

I mean ffs, play tanks and earn tokens so you can spend money to get enough tokens to actually be able to buy a tank.  What sort of deal is that?  Just sell the damn tank as usual and stop getting people started on something they will likely not finish and have to buy anyways.

I've seen the plans for 2020, they do not interest me all that much.  Most of it is worthless to me.  I'm still waiting on a sale of crew training/retraining for CREDITS before "s"crew 2.0 comes out so I can at least get the tanks crewed before the fiasco begins.  And the dumping of low tier tanks to make it more "efficient" for people to move on to higher tiers is gotta be tied for one of the worst idea's to come out of WG.

SO, yeah, I really have no interest in playing in events like this when I have a large number of tanks needing crews trained and even after they get trained we get "s"crew 2.0 to mess them up.  Not to mention no interest in spending time playing a game that in all likely hood will loose another half of it's player base this year if things continue as they are.

bravo9er #70 Posted Jan 26 2020 - 16:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27224 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

Some of the rewards for coins seemed like pretty good deals, but then I realized there's a loot box gambling mechanics at work and I'm only going to get "a random reward" of just one item.  This is borderline deception, and it's going to lead to lot of dissatisfaction among the players who is bound to feel cheated that they didn't get all the items listed.

Posted Image

heavymetal1967 #71 Posted Jan 26 2020 - 17:09

Major

• Players
  • 74966 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postbravo9er, on Jan 26 2020 - 10:58, said:

Some of the rewards for coins seemed like pretty good deals, but then I realized there's a loot box gambling mechanics at work and I'm only going to get "a random reward" of just one item.  This is borderline deception, and it's going to lead to lot of dissatisfaction among the players who is bound to feel cheated that they didn't get all the items listed.

--SNIP--

Per law they had to list the odds on the SEA server.

To save folks from zooming.  Gilded pack odds:  7 days 65%, 14 days 20%, 21 days 10% & 30 days 5%.  Supply pack is 25% each and none are listed for the camos.

Note this is SEA server, the odds may be different here.  They're certainly unknown to us players.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/01/25/world-of-tanks-lunar-new-year-missions-and-why-wargaming-is-greedy-again/

EDITED: This has come to my attention. On the SEA server, Wargaming has to abide by the law and disclose all lootbox odds.

As you can see, gilded pack isn’t as gilded as it seems.

ANOTHER_ #72 Posted Jan 26 2020 - 18:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6816 battles
  • [RUSKY] RUSKY
At first I thought Rise of industrialization description is cumbersome and non-understandable. But now I realized that we have a new king: lunar event description is probably most unclear so far. 

I do understand that these "you will get a random something" was introduced for a pur gambling reasons (and I hope at some point loot boxes will be banned in US) but could you at least make it visually detectable? Like a roulett wheel or something? 
3000 for a tank but you can only get 1800 during the event. Yeas after some reading it become obvious that "just donate" is the answer, but ... ummm could you step up with a clear "if you want to get tank you have keep all the coins and pay some more for 1200 in real bucks"?

I dunno... it feels exactly as a scam: tons of details and limitations are not there. 

Tank_You_All #73 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 03:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 46551 battles
  • [-23-] -23-

A question, is anyone else having trouble with the game not crediting the in game actions? Yesterday it would not credit my experience on the task that required experience. Today it is not crediting my kills. Am I the only one having this problem?

1ST_AD_Abrams #74 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 10:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6015 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Minor problem with the maintenance schedule and the Lunar New Year 2020 Events.  My bringing the servers down at 1130 PT (pacific time), if one hasn't finished or got to the Lunar New Year 150 tokens for Snake, they can't because the servers will be down to 0420am PT (pacific time so the event is not available as the listing of what time period is covers, you lose the last 3hrs 50 mins.  Are you going to extend the Snake period of completion bt either a fully day or just 3.5 hours added to whenever you are done with maintenance?  If we can't get another fully day added on that, then there will be a large number of people who will be shutout of total completion of the event and wasted the last 6 or 7 days then and miss out on the big reward.

I hope you will be giving it a day at least beyond the current date.

Draalei #75 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 23:25

Private

• Players
  • 12718 battles

There is one thing that really irks me.  All of the rewards are multiples of 150 coins, but the cheapest token package you can buy is only gives 100 coins.  All of the other packages have coins in multiples of 150.

So, if I just need 150 coins to complete something. I either have to buy two of the cheap package and have 50 coins extra, or buy the 300 coin package and have 150 coins extra.

Why couldn't you make the cheap package have 150 coins to be in line with everything else?

FrontenacDuVandoo #76 Posted Feb 03 2020 - 23:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19340 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Offering only one item of the 1 premium day at 150 coins is very cheap of you guys. You know very well that players who complete all the missions will end up with 300 coins left after redeeming the 5 elements, so at least offer 2 of them.

I fail to understand why you would even limit that package since if you're in the mood to spend lots of gc on premium days you're better off spinning the wheel of the random premium packs, the smallest drop of 7 premium days comes out at 128.5 gc per day. And yet there's 2 of these packs available.

Avalon304 #77 Posted Feb 04 2020 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 24792 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Good event... but I really would ahve liked a way to get more of just the camos from the premium shop (small bundles individual bundles of the 5 of them) instead of only being able to get them with a tank. I needed 9 more LNY Wood ones, but dont really want or need a TS-5.

stevezaxx #78 Posted Feb 05 2020 - 03:51

Captain

• Players
  • 40493 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 04 2020 - 17:40, said:

Good event... but I really would ahve liked a way to get more of just the camos from the premium shop (small bundles individual bundles of the 5 of them) instead of only being able to get them with a tank. I needed 9 more LNY Wood ones, but dont really want or need a TS-5.

I don't leave tanks permanently cammo'ed... when I'm done playing that tank, i hit exteriors, then preset style, don't chose any, hit go to purchase, and now i have a plain tank in my garage.... later come back to that tank, reverse the process, and it remembers what was on it, so I'm good to go.

Mr_G0NE #79 Posted Feb 05 2020 - 19:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27533 battles
I wanted to buy 2 loaders but wasn't able to.  Either let us buy whatever positions we want or not have the crew hard coded.  FFS I have all the commanders I need at this point, stop forcing me to buy more when I need loaders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users