suggestion crew Fictional rewards crew skins

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

LostEvolution #1 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 16:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 17520 battles
  • [NHF] NHF

Would like to see Wargaming allow us to convert the reward/holiday ops, etc crew characters to generic crew of the specific nation, but allow them as crew skin option (or not at all; I'm not particular).

In general, I don't care for these fictional characters and would rather have the generic crews.  Example, holiday opts Simon Claws, Jade Winters, Julia Winnfield, Elsa Andersen...I would rather play tanks with the generic men/women of that specific nation.  I would rather see a Polish man and woman instead of Simon Claus and Jade Winters as example.  They could optionally be made a crew skin like George Patton and Wilhelm Berghoff (or not at all).

I'm willing to pay a good amount of gold to convert these fictional characters on my Tanks.  Though these are good crew members, I find myself shying away from those tanks simply because they are not of that nation and are too fictional for my tastes...It's the same reason I have the historical only option turned on, I don't want to see unrealistic tanks skins in the game.

Anyone else prefer to have crews of specific nations instead of the fictional characters?

FrozenKemp #2 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 55440 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
Yep, same here, although I don't think we should have to pay gold. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 24 2020 - 16:49.

Cowcat137 #3 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 16:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 15328 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I have two Santas, A pumpkin head, and now a bunch of Frozen Princesses. It's getting old.

Almighty_Johnson #4 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 17:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 28631 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

So just put a check box on them, like "Commander Voices".  Let you switch them back and forth from the holiday version to a "Standard Version"

Personally, I don't really care if my gunner is named Julia Winters, Ivanka Dovanovitch, or Sailor Moon.  As long as her 5 skills make my shell hit the enemy, I could care less.

qisjlh #5 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 17:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12399 battles
  • [DRAFC] DRAFC
This discussion is directly tied into the upcoming "Crew 2.0" changes. If they are going to take away our crew, they need to give us some choice over which characters and faces we retain as commanders. Otherwise, it will worsen the problem. We will only have pumpkin heads and santas and race car drivers as commanders without even some "generic" gunners and radio operators for a taste of realism.

Edited by qisjlh, Jan 24 2020 - 17:27.

_Katyusha___ #6 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 18:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18058 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

These "special" crews are useful for moding more characters in game. Because default crew appereance and voice is boring as hell :v

Edited by _Katyusha___, Jan 24 2020 - 18:17.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #7 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 21:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9088 battles

Really good suggestion actually, it's really hard to decide where to put last year's female holiday crew members (and the year before that) because their special appearance and i don't want to have them stuck in the wrong tank (my OCD won't let me, lol)

What would be perfect is a "Convert" button, Give us a Crew Skin of them, then give them the standard look of whatever-nationality crew members, problem solved.

LostEvolution #8 Posted Jan 28 2020 - 05:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 17520 battles
  • [NHF] NHF

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Jan 24 2020 - 10:23, said:

So just put a check box on them, like "Commander Voices".  Let you switch them back and forth from the holiday version to a "Standard Version"

Personally, I don't really care if my gunner is named Julia Winters, Ivanka Dovanovitch, or Sailor Moon.  As long as her 5 skills make my shell hit the enemy, I could care less.

Sorry, I'm not sure where you are referencing a check box.  When you pull up a fictional character's profile, such as Julia Winnfield, fictional character with pointy ears and antlers in this year's holiday boxes, the only tabs are Service Record, Training, and Skills.  There are no check boxes to assist in converting her to a real national polish female crew member (since I put her in the Pudel, I prefer a regular polish female crew member).

Please advise further...

Also tagged with suggestion, crew, Fictional, rewards, crew skins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users