Tankrewards Tank Rewards feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Casual_Boops #21 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 22:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37797 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

I would love to see some crew books as prizes for the tankrewards missions-- crew XP is something everyone can use, regardless of where they are in the game, so it's useful to everyone. Also, either gold or credit value for tanks received that you already own would be great (seems stupid to have to sell it before claiming it to get anything).

I agree with others-- win requirements need to stay away from missions.

I also like the fact that many of the missions lately were able to be completed by newbies that didn't have high-tier tanks, so keep that up please.

As for the missions themselves-- I'm all for having some fun with unique requirements and such, but in general this game is already complicated enough. I would keep the missions as simple and easy as possible.

Lastly, if I could ask for anything it would be to incorporate the tankrewards website into the client somehow-- having to leave the game and go to an external site seems backwards and lots of people don't bother.

__WarChild__ #22 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 37523 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Frankly speaking, times change and WGRU doesn't want us (Americans) to get free gold (this is true).  No one else had Tank Rewards so that might have caused problems over the years.  Old Timers would prefer we return to that, but I truly understand if mother Russia doesn't want to give in on that issue.  The "Russian Refund" is kinda silly so credit compensation would be much appreciated, but not necessary to make TR a success.

One thing I would like to point out though to all my comrades: Tank Rewards was never just for one month (I've been here 2 1/2 years).  It always lasted around 6 weeks to 2 months if I recall correctly.  Having TR every month is fantastic and I'm thankful for that, even with the shortcomings I've outlined above.

Regardless, I sincerely appreciate Wargaming Texas' efforts to make TR relevant and rewarding.

:great:  :honoring:  :)

__WarChild__

boy_1der #23 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 21237 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

I would love to see some 3D styles for various popular tanks (most likely tech tree), where you can choose between one of three styles (just like it's laid out currently with three choices per tier) - one for a low tiers tank, another for a mid tiers, and the last one for a tier 10. 

I'm a big fan of those 3D styles in the loot boxes, as they can be really cool and are solely cosmetic, which is a great way to never get called out for being pay 2 win ;)

Cheesehead1964 #24 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12163 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I really like the Tank Rewards reboot.

Some good suggestions here.

My two cents - offer universal blueprints as well as national. Crew books would be awesome.

Omega_Weapon #25 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:20

Major

• Players
  • 55988 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

- Bring back gold compensation if you already own the tank

- Universal Zero Skill crew members as a possible reward

- In garage warning when the event is about to close and you need to select rewards asap

13Disciple #26 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26702 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Gold compensation for already owned premium tanks. Only thing that would bring me back to that site probably. Otherwise I don't really track the missions at all.

bluenose711 #27 Posted Jan 24 2020 - 23:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 64314 battles
  • [BNOT] BNOT

I like the premium time option, especially if you already have the award tank(s), so I'm not too worried about the compensation for a tank you already have - just choose the premium time. Also like the national blueprint fragments - nice of you to work them in.

Someone above mentioned adding trained crew members, that's a nice idea as well. Adding a certain number of bonds might be a good idea, especially since you can use them to buy tanks now.

Either way, I've really enjoyed the Tank Rewards lately - although 'winning' can be the real grind.

makalu2k6 #28 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 00:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 71941 battles
  • [USM] USM

First : Gold compensation for the tanks we own. 

Second: No win requirement for missions

Third: Add Crew manuals as alternate compensation to Universal/Nation Specific blue print compensation

Then the Tank Rewards will be awesome again. 

IndygoEEI #29 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 63793 battles

One other thing is Tank Salute Missions are unfair to those who aren't associated with the

program.  This makes TR more grindy for those who are not in the program.  Also, it makes

people frustrated and angry when they see the mission associated and no one tells them

they don't qualify for it.  This last comment is the most important and it needs to be fixed.

Edited by IndygoEEI, Jan 25 2020 - 00:45.

Gothraul #30 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 01:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 2762 battles
Do away with the toxic win requirement as it leads to a lot more toxicity in the player base and return the gold compensation for premium tank rewards. I like there being tier 7s as rewards and would like a chance at the eagle 7 or the isu-122. Tier requirements are annoying at times when the meta is poor and it does hurt players who don't have 9s and 10s.

Doublenut #31 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 01:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19413 battles
Bring Back FULL gold value on duplicate premium tanks. If your not willing to do that just dont do a tank rewards event. Working for weeks for what ends up a worthless pile of crap because i already own the tank is no fun.

WIZD #32 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
No win requirement, no class specific or nation specific missions, no reward tanks below tier 5 (there's no point to use a premium tank as a trainer that won't make xp).

WIZD #33 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostDoublenut, on Jan 25 2020 - 01:20, said:

Bring Back FULL gold value on duplicate premium tanks. If your not willing to do that just dont do a tank rewards event. Working for weeks for what ends up a worthless pile of crap because i already own the tank is no fun.

Same can be said for you. If you have the tank already don't do the missions. Just because you have it doesn't mean everyone does. Even if you have it there are still plenty of free things you can get. Most of the time you even get a choice free tank or free premium time. I like the tankrewards aspect even if the tank is poo it gives me something to shoot for.

Edited by WIZD, Jan 25 2020 - 02:21.

mattts1 #34 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8529 battles
  • [ASD] ASD

I finished this months TR with 4 days to spare without any T9/10s and im not a great player. So I dont feel meta matters, it just feels like everyone that wants the win requirement removed, doesn't want to put forth the effort to get a prem tank for free. I mean look at how much effort it took to get the Renegade. I am by no means saying TR should be anywhere near that hard but it shouldn't be as easy as Decembers TR requirements were. A better variety of rewards for the middle tiers of TR would be great, a good selection has been mentioned already.

On another note, I think its a great idea that there's a per tier requirement. Being able to play 10 T8 battles and having that satisfy all lower tiers conditions just makes it pointless to even have lower tiers involved at all. Plus as it has been said, it brings a better experience scale back to lower tiers to counteract the seal clubbers.

A good compromise on win requirement though, might be right in the middle. As has been suggested above with a few changes.

• Win the battle in top 10 of XP
  • Lose the battle and either be top in XP or break it down even further: on or above 250xp for tier 1-3, on or above 325xp for Tier 4-6, on or above 375xp for tier 7/8, on or above 400xp for tier 9 and 10.

Obviously those are rough numbers and other people can probably refine them better, but it gives the gist of the idea.

Those that have the prem tanks offered already you can simply participate for the mid-tier rewards.

Edited by mattts1, Jan 25 2020 - 02:27.

WIZD #35 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postmattts1, on Jan 25 2020 - 02:25, said:

I finished this months TR with 4 days to spare without any T9/10s and im not a great player. So I dont feel meta matters, it just feels like everyone that wants the win requirement removed, doesn't want to put forth the effort to get a prem tank for free. I mean look at how much effort it took to get the Renegade. I am by no means saying TR should be anywhere near that hard but it shouldn't be as easy as Decembers TR requirements were. A better variety of rewards for the middle tiers of TR would be great, a good selection has been mentioned already.

On another note, I think its a great idea that there's a per tier requirement. Being able to play 10 T8 battles and having that satisfy all lower tiers conditions just makes it pointless to even have lower tiers involved at all. Plus as it has been said, it brings a better experience scale back to lower tiers to counteract the seal clubbers.

A good compromise on win requirement though, might be right in the middle. As has been suggested above with a few changes.

• Win the battle in top 10 of XP
  • Lose the battle and either be top in XP or break it down even further: on or above 250xp for tier 1-3, on or above 325xp for Tier 4-6, on or above 375xp for tier 7/8, on or above 400xp for tier 9 and 10.

Obviously those are rough numbers and other people can probably refine them better, but it gives the gist of the idea.

It's not about working for it. If you do 4k dmg and your team loses you put forth the effort. Your teammates are the ones who failed to show up to the match. Meanwhile the 10th place person on the team that won did 1/4 your damage at best and they get credit for it.

Edited by WIZD, Jan 25 2020 - 02:31.

mattts1 #36 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8529 battles
  • [ASD] ASD

View PostWIZD, on Jan 24 2020 - 20:29, said:

It's not about working for it. If you do 4k dmg and your team loses you put forth the effort. Your teammates are the ones who failed to show up to the match.

Did you not read the rest about the compromise?

WIZD #37 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postmattts1, on Jan 25 2020 - 02:31, said:

Did you not read the rest about the compromise?

Sure did. I was just pointing out that those who said no win requirement did in fact try so it not about effort. "doesn't want to put forth the effort" -you

Crypticshock #38 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19831 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

I was a fan of any week that we had to get 20,000xp per day. Pop a 100% booster with a premium account and it was usually done within an hour (faster depending on the daily -x2, x3 ,x4 or x5)

Now thou it seems like you are trying to put a focus on playing all of the tiers. So if you were to bring back the old 20,000xp format maybe section it off. 6000xp for Tier 3-5 (30 tokens), 7000xp for Tier 6-8 (35 tokens) and 7000xp for Tier 9-10 (35 tokens) but have it so doing 75 tokens per day would get you all the rewards if you did XX days that month. Simply put new and/or free to play players should have no problem to have a Tier 3-5 and Tier 6-8. After the Bootcamp you have a Tier 6 T-35-85M rental and a Token for a Tech Tree Tier 6 and a Tier 3 with a decent crew with a 100% Sixth Sense Commander.

Any Condition where you need to win can get aggravating; the times when we had to get top 3 xp and a win just put me into a "I am skipping this month" mindset. Top 3 is a tad bit to high; Top 7 has a good condition without having to worry about someone "beep beep booping" their way through. Another mission that irks me is when there is a "Block XXXX Damage" - Sorry, blocking missions are one of the most unfun missions, besides "win by capping", created certainly with today's 3 3 meta. Getting XXXX damage combined over numerous games could get a good mission set that all tank classes can take part in (stunning, tracking, spotting or raw damage).

Some of the Tier prizes have been rather lacking. 1 Crew Skin... I mean; I'll take 3 boosters before that any day. Maybe some Universal Crew Books (20,000 or 100,000), Large/Small Consumables (The month where there was 35 Large Med or Repair or Fire consumables was fantastic). Maybe some food in a Tier as reward. We have 11 Nations so 3 Food for Each of 4 or 4 or 3 Nations. You know; Tier Rewards that is useful for all players new and old, free or paying. 1 Crew Skin felt like a slap.

I like that we can get Nation Blueprints but I think each nation should be there. In a 4, 4 and 3 format like the food suggestion. So you get a choice of 5 Blueprints from Gemany, Poland, Sweden and Japan. 5 Blueprint from France, USA, Britian and Italian. 5 Blueprints from USSR, China and Czech. As an example. With maybe 20 Universal Blueprint Fragments for each.

I understand the main desire not to give gold return by the major players in the decision making but I think there should at least be a credit option. 500,000 or 750,000. I've got enough premium days until next Christmas. Getting another 7 days is moot and un-needed. I mean - they sale a reduced 365 Day package in the Advent so people that take advantage of that would like another option over useless 7 Days or a Tank that they already own and give zero resources in return unless you do clever use of mechanics to get credit return.

Insanefriend #39 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 49902 battles

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, stop with the horizontal scrolling when there are more then three options.  It's bad ui design at it's best!  Either just shrink the size of the reward information boxes or add a second line.

This also applies to the new site for the Lunar festival if you click on rewards list button.

Though I guess on a tablet people are more used to horizontal scrolling, but it is still terrible.  This is why we have mouse wheels for vertical scrolling......

mattts1 #40 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 02:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8529 battles
  • [ASD] ASD
To be honest, I find having to win 1 time is a far less aggravating grind then having to grind up to 20k xp for example. Half the time I ignore those missions.

Also tagged with Tankrewards, Tank, Rewards, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users