I Need a Mod that Helps Me Read In-Game Chat

mod in-game chat in-game messaging

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

fgn_2 #1 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 00:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10362 battles
No, I am not illiterate.  It's just that moving, shooting, and watching the mini-map maxes out my multi-tasking ability.  I don't notice in-game messages addressed specifically to me, like "Stop, turn back" or "Help me, I'm flipped."  I need a mod that highlights those messages like the audio/visual for sixth sense.  Maybe a blinking signal light and a ringing telephone sound will help me notice them in a timely manner (usually, I read them way too late, like in a replay video :facepalm:).  Anybody know of one?

Kapy #2 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 01:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56716 battles
  • [PUPG] PUPG
lol its too small for my old eyes.

SymbiosisBC #3 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 22126 battles

View PostKapy, on Jan 28 2020 - 17:05, said:

lol its too small for my old eyes.

This   

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 38815 battles

View Postfgn_2, on Jan 28 2020 - 23:50, said:

No, I am not illiterate.  It's just that moving, shooting, and watching the mini-map maxes out my multi-tasking ability.  I don't notice in-game messages addressed specifically to me, like "Stop, turn back" or "Help me, I'm flipped."  I need a mod that highlights those messages like the audio/visual for sixth sense.  Maybe a blinking signal light and a ringing telephone sound will help me notice them in a timely manner (usually, I read them way too late, like in a replay video ).  Anybody know of one?

When I'm in the heat of battle, I'm focused on what I'm doing, what the immediate enemy is doing, and, on occasion, what's on the mini-map(depends on how close the enemy actually is). I too miss a lot of what goes on in chat.

However, I've learned throughout my WoT career that, in those situations, there's little anyone else can tell me that will actually help. The only times that I usually get constructive information is when I've actually got the time to look over and view chat.

Of course, there's also those games that I flag to go back and watch the replay simple to see what was going on in chat. There've been some interesting comments/suggestions being thrown out there on some games....like the games where I earned a Kolobanov's medal (those games, I only knew what was being said in chat at the very, very end and when I went back and watched the replay).

Littleholyterror #5 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 03:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15010 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

Would love a mod that gave me notice of a message to me from someone I'm platooning with. 

A "friend" I've platooned with for the last three years doesn't use a mic. Several times after a game he will

pm me asking why I didn't do something after he told me something in chat. I'm like, I may have been a little bit busy 

at that time. Didn't notice your messages. 

mywot808 #6 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 05:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [STNGR] STNGR
Yeah, it could be useful, would try it out if there was something like that. But it would need a on screen button or hot key to ignore/mute in case you get spammed.  

1st35thAR #7 Posted Jan 29 2020 - 23:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7027 battles

Here's an idea.  What about a messaging mod that allows a player to set keywords (for example, your player name, or combo of words like player name + "Help", etc.), and then during a game, scans in-game messages in real time and gives you an audio-visual alert when keywords are detected? 

Now, all we need is a smart programmer to write the code.

Also tagged with mod, in-game chat, in-game messaging

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users