[1.10.0.0] Maggz Multi Row Carousel (pre release)

carousel rows hangar

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Maggz #1 Posted Feb 05 2020 - 22:53

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

I got tired of using xvm, and other bloated addons just to get more rows in my tank carousel, so i created a mod which JUST adds more rows, it comes with a config which is user editable which is located in your main wot directory/mods/configs folder called MaggzCarousel.json, just change the number in line labeled carouselrows from 3 to anything up to 10, if you break your config just delete it and it will create a new config for 3 rows. When editing json files please use something like notepad++ to save them correctly. The mod should also not need to be updated hardly at all unless wargaming changes its rowcount function, so even if i stop working on the mod it should still work! anyhow here is a link to the download:

Spoiler

https://www.mediafir...rousel.zip/file

https://wgmods.net/4192/

**changelog**

- 3/4/20  updated file structure for download (could just reuse old .wotmod file and all would work as well, i just changed it for the download so no confusions)

-3/20/20 updated file structure once more wgmod portal update pending review can grab from media fire in the mean time, or just redo the file structure yourself.

-4/8/20 updated file structure, update pending thru mgmods portal use mediafire link for latest.

-4/21/20 updated file structure, wg portal link pending use media fire for next 24 hrs

-4/24/20 updated file structure, wg portal link pending use mediafire for next 24hrs

-5/3/20 updated file structure only again, wg portal link pending use mediafire till posted.

-5/15/20 updated file structure. wgmods link pending, no code changes you can use same wotmod file

-6/15/20 updated file structure. wgmods link pending, no code changes, could use same file just change it to correct directory

-6/18/20 updated file structure again only, wgmods link pending use mediafire till it has been pushed thru

-7/14/20 updated file structure again only, wgmods link pending use mediafire till it is published.

-8/1/20 updated file structure for upcoming Patch, Use mediafire link till wgmods shows as current and its published.

enjoy!!

Edited by Maggz, Aug 02 2020 - 00:20.

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Feb 05 2020 - 23:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles

Nice work.

Just an FYI: Auxilium does this as well. Without anything else. Ive made alot of the config patches for Auxilium in our modpack. You may want to see if you can decompile it, and maybe you may find something to help you remove that limit...

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #3 Posted Feb 05 2020 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 47931 battles

View PostMaggz, on Feb 05 2020 - 22:53, said:

I got tired of using xvm, and other bloated addons just to get more rows in my tank carousel, so i created a mod which JUST adds more rows, it comes with a config which is user editable which is located in your main wot directory/mods/configs folder called MaggzCarousel.json, just change the number in line labeled carouselrows from 3 to anything up to 10, if you break your config just delete it and it will create a new config for 3 rows. When editing json files please use something like notepad++ to save them correctly. The mod should also not need to be updated hardly at all unless wargaming changes its rowcount function, so even if i stop working on the mod it should still work! anyhow here is a link to the download:

https://www.mediafir...rousel.zip/file

enjoy!!

Just use ASLAINS.

Maggz #4 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 00:01

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Feb 05 2020 - 17:31, said:

Nice work.

Just an FYI: Auxilium does this as well. Without anything else. Ive made alot of the config patches for Auxilium in our modpack. You may want to see if you can decompile it, and maybe you may find something to help you remove that limit...

Auxilliam does add rows, however it also conflicts with other mods that have anything to do with the players panel, the more it does the more it conflicts with things, this is a simple mod in all sense, it just adds rows, My main issue with auxilliam is if i want to use something like mx-stats, bw-stats, or pf-stats (all the same mod). when using auxillium they do not work due to the player panel stuff that mod does, and even if you negate anything to do with player panels it STILL conflicts, also, i dont know what limit you are referring to? the 10 row i said was the max? honestly it will go more but WHY, would you want your entire screen covered in tanks anyways.

Maggz #5 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 00:04

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View Postmdellyd, on Feb 05 2020 - 17:53, said:

Just use ASLAINS.

Aslains mod pack uses auxilliam OR XVM to do what this mod does by adding rows, i dont want either of those options for various reasons XVM is too bloated and does far more than it needs to do, it lowers pc performance, auxilliam which was a great mod till it started handling player panel duties worked perfectly, but once that was added it started conflicting with other mods, This wont conflict with anything, it wont even conflict with XVM or auxilliam so this solves issues.

The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 01:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles

View PostMaggz, on Feb 05 2020 - 19:01, said:

Auxilliam does add rows, however it also conflicts with other mods that have anything to do with the players panel, the more it does the more it conflicts with things, this is a simple mod in all sense, it just adds rows, My main issue with auxilliam is if i want to use something like mx-stats, bw-stats, or pf-stats (all the same mod). when using auxillium they do not work due to the player panel stuff that mod does, and even if you negate anything to do with player panels it STILL conflicts, also, i dont know what limit you are referring to? the 10 row i said was the max? honestly it will go more but WHY, would you want your entire screen covered in tanks anyways.

Only when you install it from his modpack, or from other sources. You can delete things you dont want from the config file, and the mod wont load that module.

Anyways, this mod wont be added to any modpack, as other mods do this anyways. Not that this one is in any way bad. Its just not needed. But, I will never tell someone not to do something they want to do.

As for the 10 max you mentioned, I for one use a 12 row carousel all the time. But with it being small, it only covers half the screen :trollface:

Maggz #7 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 03:12

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Feb 05 2020 - 19:12, said:

Only when you install it from his modpack, or from other sources. You can delete things you dont want from the config file, and the mod wont load that module.

Anyways, this mod wont be added to any modpack, as other mods do this anyways. Not that this one is in any way bad. Its just not needed. But, I will never tell someone not to do something they want to do.

As for the 10 max you mentioned, I for one use a 12 row carousel all the time. But with it being small, it only covers half the screen :trollface:

I tested removing everything but the carousel and it still conflicted with players panel mods, i didnt use his modpack i downloaded the zip file from his site. I posted on shura_bbs forum thread on EU about this issue it is confirmed and he has NO plans to resolve it, this is why i made this mod.

The_Illusive_Man #8 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 04:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles

View PostMaggz, on Feb 05 2020 - 22:12, said:

I tested removing everything but the carousel and it still conflicted with players panel mods, i didnt use his modpack i downloaded the zip file from his site. I posted on shura_bbs forum thread on EU about this issue it is confirmed and he has NO plans to resolve it, this is why i made this mod.

Hmm. This is interesting. I will need to see which ones. Thanks for the info :)

Maggz #9 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
The mods ive found so far are anything thats like non xvm stats mods, mx-stats, pf-stats, bw-stats they are all the same mod coded by the same person just with different names. there are others that do players panel changes, but those are the one i can think of off the top of my head. Anyhow, i made it for me but figured id share it. 

Aslain #10 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 17:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 100 battles
Too bad all that non-xvm stat mods comes from the same/similar source and their mods are stuffed with hidden malware (background ads and what not).

The_Illusive_Man #11 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 18:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles

View PostAslain, on Feb 06 2020 - 12:52, said:

Too bad all that non-xvm stat mods comes from the same/similar source and their mods are stuffed with hidden malware (background ads and what not).

Im guessing this is why I have never seen any issues, nor heard of these mods...

Thanks Aslian :)

Maggz #12 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
Added Wg mods portal link to the main topic and spoiler link for an image

Maggz #13 Posted Mar 04 2020 - 20:49

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated the download file for mediafire, the WG link works but has not been updated on thier end so download from mediafire for now, WG portal will update whenever they get thier review done.

Maggz #14 Posted Mar 20 2020 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated after long delay, sorry for anyone using the mod that this affected, i posted a wgmods portal but it is pending review, also posted a media fire link which is current with correct file structure, enjoy.

Maggz #15 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 19:44

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated for latest version, file structure change only

BlaqWolf #16 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 21:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23570 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

Not sure which of these carousels I'm using, but there's a *MAJOR* flaw with it:

Some vehicles do *NOT* show up, period.  The only way to select them is to go into the tech tree and select the vehicle.

They're all tier 8, too.  Batchat, M44, a couple of others I have not (yet) noticed.  It makes selecting them for Frontlines impossible unless they're the ones you start the match with (and after they're eliminated there's no getting them back later).

Just checked (using Aslian pack) - Multilined Tank Carousel by XVM.  2 normal rows, 1.0 scale, show tiers, mastery, ex%, WR, total bat, avg, wn8 expected.

Deleted it... the missing vehicles are still missing.

Heck, I deleted *all* garage mods... still missing several vehicles (they are not set reserve, either)

This version is bugged and needs an alternate that works properly and shows ALL vehicles in the garage.

Maggz #17 Posted Apr 11 2020 - 06:02

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
you are using a mod from aslain not one from me, if that doesnt show then i suggest reporting it to aslain, all tanks show in my carousel mod, but it does not support XVM, if you install this mod and also install xvm then this mod esentially does nothing, i put a trigger in the coding that looks for xvm if its found it just doesnt do anything. sorry i cant help you fix other peoples mods

Maggz #18 Posted Apr 22 2020 - 04:43

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated for fire structure, again use media fire for next 24 hrs till wgmods portal accepts update, really there is no changes so you could use same old file just swap from 1802 folder to 1900 folder.

Maggz #19 Posted Apr 24 2020 - 21:32

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated filestructure and mediafire links, use mediafire for next 24 hrs till pending status resolved

Maggz #20 Posted May 03 2020 - 23:43

Captain

• Players
  • 40681 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
updated to latest file structure, no other changes with .wotmod package. 

Also tagged with carousel, rows, hangar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users