PLEASE HELP- My game is Broken

help settings Troubleshoot

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

MagillaGuerilla #41 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 26086 battles
Just play in black and white. It'll look like a WW2 movie.

MrIceFluff #42 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D
Who even uses these Filters? Why not just remove them so there is no way something will break. Cause you know what they say, "You cant break something that doesn't exist."

SKurj #43 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles
may not be WOT filters

MrIceFluff #44 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D
Im working on some sick gameplay rn. You tell me if its a filter or not. Its impossible to tell the HP and Teams. Nevermind weakspots.

dunniteowl #45 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostMrIceFluff, on Feb 08 2020 - 14:43, said:

Everything is fine, i just launched GTA and MC, nothing. Windows is also fine, Just WOT. How can i send them a WGCheck?

When you send a ticket in to WG CS, there is a space at the bottom of the "Comments" section where you can drag and drop files for WG CS to review.

I would do, in the WGC an Integrity Check.  It should be in the small area on the bottom of the WGC where you would normally launch the game.  There should be a yellow click box with a small arrow (pointing down) on the right end of that.  Click that arrow and see if there is the option to run an Integrity or Repair.

Try those first.

In the WGC, there is a section where you can run an integrity check as well, I haven't been able to log in for a while, so I can't recall exactly where it is.  It should be in the section for checking for updates and such along the left hand side of the WGC updates section.  This is the portion of the WGC where you can set your upload and download speeds, pre-upload and other things.  Along one of those tabs, there should be a function to run an Integrity Check.

As to the WGCheck tool, it should be linked and available above in Belkan_Space_Magic's post.  When you run the WGCheck, the end result will be in a log file located in your WoT Main Directory.  Should be a WGCheck.log or something like that.  I'm running this all from my personal in-my-head memory, so bear with me.

Additionally, it wouldn't hurt to send them the DXDiag logfile as well if you can find it.  I do believe that it is also located (the logfile) in your WoT main directory.

Whatever you can do to aid them will help you.  You will rarely get the same person responding to ANY of your ticket comments, even on a longer running single ticket.  In my case, I once had seven different folks all responding at different times to the same exact ticket.  This means sometimes you will have to be patient and DETAILED without adding too much extraneous info (like how upset, confused or mad you are, leave that out until the end and only add it if absolutely necessary, trust me) in your comments.

Stick to the issue itself and what YOU know about it, what YOU have checked and include those files for them.  You can drag and drop them into the bottom of the comments section in your ticket.

Hope you find this helpful and of use.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

MrIceFluff #46 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

View Postdunniteowl, on Feb 08 2020 - 21:45, said:

When you send a ticket in to WG CS, there is a space at the bottom of the "Comments" section where you can drag and drop files for WG CS to review.

I would do, in the WGC an Integrity Check.  It should be in the small area on the bottom of the WGC where you would normally launch the game.  There should be a yellow click box with a small arrow (pointing down) on the right end of that.  Click that arrow and see if there is the option to run an Integrity or Repair.

Try those first.

In the WGC, there is a section where you can run an integrity check as well, I haven't been able to log in for a while, so I can't recall exactly where it is.  It should be in the section for checking for updates and such along the left hand side of the WGC updates section.  This is the portion of the WGC where you can set your upload and download speeds, pre-upload and other things.  Along one of those tabs, there should be a function to run an Integrity Check.

As to the WGCheck tool, it should be linked and available above in Belkan_Space_Magic's post.  When you run the WGCheck, the end result will be in a log file located in your WoT Main Directory.  Should be a WGCheck.log or something like that.  I'm running this all from my personal in-my-head memory, so bear with me.

Additionally, it wouldn't hurt to send them the DXDiag logfile as well if you can find it.  I do believe that it is also located (the logfile) in your WoT main directory.

Whatever you can do to aid them will help you.  You will rarely get the same person responding to ANY of your ticket comments, even on a longer running single ticket.  In my case, I once had seven different folks all responding at different times to the same exact ticket.  This means sometimes you will have to be patient and DETAILED without adding too much extraneous info (like how upset, confused or mad you are, leave that out until the end and only add it if absolutely necessary, trust me) in your comments.

Stick to the issue itself and what YOU know about it, what YOU have checked and include those files for them.  You can drag and drop them into the bottom of the comments section in your ticket.

Hope you find this helpful and of use.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

I did verify game files and try to fix it 3 times, even reinstalled it. Nothing

rockbutcher #47 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 23:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23423 battles

Did you try starting the game in safe mode?

That looks like some mod to me, with the 'old film effects'.  It's really odd that it would just start happening after everything was fine yesterday.

Edited by rockbutcher, Feb 08 2020 - 23:33.

MrIceFluff #48 Posted Feb 08 2020 - 23:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

Yes it was fine yesterday, got on today and it looks really messed up. I never had mods, and haven't touched the game files. Here is why i cant play in Greyscaled. Its really hard to see everything. 

Find the WGCheck file attached and another Video link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaHPWSB7iw

Insanefriend #49 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 49814 battles

Hey MrIceFluff, do you have Discord?  You can get faster real time help there from one of us rather then the forum posts which can be kind of slow.

Yeah as others suggested this is a Nvidia filter.  I just tried to see if i could recreate it and I can 100%.  If you want to know how to turn it off let me know.

Edited by Insanefriend, Feb 09 2020 - 00:42.

dunniteowl #50 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 00:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Did you get the part about SENDING FILES?  That was what I was answering.  I was attempting to be as complete as I can recall.  That said, the ONE thing you asked about that I addressed you didn't make a comment with regard to that.

You're welcome, by the way.  I didn't break it.  You should consider if there's ANYTHING that you did, downloaded from somewhere or installed between times.  Not just Windows Updates.  You might want to check the heat buildup on your Video Card.  This game seems to want to really USE your video graphics card, for some reason.  If you're getting too much heat (or maybe you have a switch that somehow got defaulted during your updates to a different setting) that sort of thing can happen.  Additionally, seeing as how you said you didn't do anything between those times, it's possible your latest video driver updates are not happy with how WoT allocates things.

I've seen these sorts of issues on other games and the same song was sung...  My video is way off ONLY on this one game, I have all the latest drivers, yadda yadda yadda and sometimes it turns out the latest video updates are actually the cause of the issue.  Just bear that in mind.  Maybe try a rollback of your video driver?

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Cowcat137 #51 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 15715 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

So...did you ever get it fixed ?

MrIceFluff #52 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

View Postdunniteowl, on Feb 08 2020 - 23:56, said:

Did you get the part about SENDING FILES?  That was what I was answering.  I was attempting to be as complete as I can recall.  That said, the ONE thing you asked about that I addressed you didn't make a comment with regard to that.

You're welcome, by the way.  I didn't break it.  You should consider if there's ANYTHING that you did, downloaded from somewhere or installed between times.  Not just Windows Updates.  You might want to check the heat buildup on your Video Card.  This game seems to want to really USE your video graphics card, for some reason.  If you're getting too much heat (or maybe you have a switch that somehow got defaulted during your updates to a different setting) that sort of thing can happen.  Additionally, seeing as how you said you didn't do anything between those times, it's possible your latest video driver updates are not happy with how WoT allocates things.

I've seen these sorts of issues on other games and the same song was sung...  My video is way off ONLY on this one game, I have all the latest drivers, yadda yadda yadda and sometimes it turns out the latest video updates are actually the cause of the issue.  Just bear that in mind.  Maybe try a rollback of your video driver?

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

I have already done the WGC Check and send them a diagnostics report, still haven't received an answer for more than 24h. And no my GPU is not overheating, I played some GTA which is way more demanding than WOT and that was running buttery smooth. Also i did not update/download anything in the time being of me turning WOT off and PC shut down, than in the morning PC on and straight to WOT. And thats when it appeared. Also my GPU temps are cool and steady. Nothing is wrong with the hardware. I also just completely Uninstalled WOT and the WGC Launcher and re downloaded them. When I launch the game its in color in the loading screen, when it gets to the "Synchronizing Store and Details" part of the loading thing it almost looks like it applies a filter and it all turns white. And as you can see by the videos i posted, the game runs smooth, its the gray-scale and that movie flickering filter. Any other ideas that might work?

MrIceFluff #53 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 09 2020 - 03:27, said:

So...did you ever get it fixed ?

No I did not get it fixed. :(

MrIceFluff #54 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

Problem has been Resolved!!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I dont know how to delete this thread if someone can let me know that would be awesome until than thanks!!!

For anyone wondering it was a Filter that Nvidia Shadowplay decided to put on. :angry:

dunniteowl #55 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 06:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Again, you're welcome.  Not just from me, but from others who suggested something might have defaulted during an automatic check.  Sometimes those things can even happen from shutting down and restarting.  Glitches still do happen.

Deleting this thread would be a bad idea.  Someone else might learn useful information from it if it happens to them.

One thing I have learned to do when I am frustrated by a situation I do not understand fully (and it's especially frustrating when you really want to do something and you just CAN'T because the issue prevents it) is to LOOK at the situation while pretending you haven't done ANY checks and you are looking at it as an interesting situation from the perspective of someone who is FIRST checking it out.

It was one of the things taught to me by a Staff Sergeant in the USAF when I was learning to repair and troubleshoot aircraft radios.

Pretend the problem is New.  Pretend that you haven't already looked at it four or five times.  Pretend that you are just fixing something that doesn't belong to you.

The first step in this process is to list all the things that COULD be wrong.  Hardware, wires, software, whatever is involved in getting you the thing you wish to have (in my case it was radios that transmitted and received, but it works for pretty much anything you'd care to trouble shoot).

I have found this VERY USEFUL for cars, toys, TVs, radios, telescopes, cameras, bicycles, electric razors, garden tools, power tools, making soap, roofing a house and many, many other things.

Glad you got it sorted and are able to play.  Nothing is more frustrating than wanting to do something and having something else get in your way.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

MrIceFluff #56 Posted Feb 11 2020 - 02:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 15087 battles
  • [RED-D] RED-D

View Postdunniteowl, on Feb 09 2020 - 05:06, said:

Again, you're welcome.  Not just from me, but from others who suggested something might have defaulted during an automatic check.  Sometimes those things can even happen from shutting down and restarting.  Glitches still do happen.

Deleting this thread would be a bad idea.  Someone else might learn useful information from it if it happens to them.

One thing I have learned to do when I am frustrated by a situation I do not understand fully (and it's especially frustrating when you really want to do something and you just CAN'T because the issue prevents it) is to LOOK at the situation while pretending you haven't done ANY checks and you are looking at it as an interesting situation from the perspective of someone who is FIRST checking it out.

It was one of the things taught to me by a Staff Sergeant in the USAF when I was learning to repair and troubleshoot aircraft radios.

Pretend the problem is New.  Pretend that you haven't already looked at it four or five times.  Pretend that you are just fixing something that doesn't belong to you.

The first step in this process is to list all the things that COULD be wrong.  Hardware, wires, software, whatever is involved in getting you the thing you wish to have (in my case it was radios that transmitted and received, but it works for pretty much anything you'd care to trouble shoot).

I have found this VERY USEFUL for cars, toys, TVs, radios, telescopes, cameras, bicycles, electric razors, garden tools, power tools, making soap, roofing a house and many, many other things.

Glad you got it sorted and are able to play.  Nothing is more frustrating than wanting to do something and having something else get in your way.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Will do!

Also tagged with help, settings, Troubleshoot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users