Artillery Balance

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

AllieOop2 #21 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 03:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostLoli_Mimi, on Feb 09 2020 - 00:07, said:

One of the worst things about artillery is constant focusing, sometimes you get targeted for the entire match and lose 80%-100% of your HP JUST to artillery.

As the title reads, why not make arty shells less effective on tanks that have already been hit, make it so that for X percent time per tier their damage and/or stun are reduced by a Y percent. This would make arty players less likely to focus one player and reward them for spreading out their damage and stun.

We also have a system similar to this for stunning, but I think this is ineffective in artillery targeting, either the SPG doesn't care and still fires or they just have to wait a few seconds to stun you AGAIN with full damage equal to their previous shot. 

This nerf may be also be compensated by some buff or no buff at all if it seems necessary.

I also think this change may help artillery contribute more to the battle by forcing more of the enemy tanks to "waste" their repair and aid kits while helping individual player experiences in battle.

LOL what an asinine post. Make yourself harder to hit. Its not hard. Second I would recommend it do MORE damage as the tank already has structural damage and is less effective.

Seriously this is an absurd passive aggressive triggered post about the worn out topic of, lets face facts, I CANT AVOID ARTY AND HAVE FUN BOO FREAKING HOO POST.

Tao_Te_Tomato #22 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 03:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 29327 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Feb 09 2020 - 02:27, said:

By far the main reason people get focused by arty is because they're lit and easy to hit.

That's pretty much what I look for (ON THE VERY RARE OCCASIONS, EZ, VERY RARE!!!!!) when I play arty.  What's out there, what might get spotted, what's a good place to get ready do drop some Sky Love™.

Philotes #23 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29177 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

One of the worst things about artillery is constant focusing, sometimes you get targeted for the entire match and lose 80%-100% of your HP JUST to artillery.

As the title reads, why not make arty shells less effective on tanks that have already been hit, make it so that for X percent time per tier their damage and/or stun are reduced by a Y percent. This would make arty players less likely to focus one player and reward them for spreading out their damage and stun.

We also have a system similar to this for stunning, but I think this is ineffective in artillery targeting, either the SPG doesn't care and still fires or they just have to wait a few seconds to stun you AGAIN with full damage equal to their previous shot. 

This nerf may be also be compensated by some buff or no buff at all if it seems necessary.

I also think this change may help artillery contribute more to the battle by forcing more of the enemy tanks to "waste" their repair and aid kits while helping individual player experiences in battle.

quit in a spot you continually get hit by arty silly bad noob

shackman #24 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52241 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Feb 08 2020 - 23:31, said:

Make arty closer to what it is in actual use, or rather how it was used in WW2 to say, the late 60's ... an area denial weapon.  Simply put, make the targeting coordinate based instead of directly aimed.  A close approximation would be to give a single arty player control of a battery of off map artillery ... this would solve the issue of super gravity as an awkward expedient for shell arc ... also the battery matrix would introduce the essence of artillery bombardment ... which boils down to systematic aerial coverage by way of applied shot pattern per multiple simultaneous firing of cannon coordinated to a focused area.

For this to work and be effective arty has to be able to grind ALL buildings into the ground.....

shackman #25 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52241 battles

View PostLoli_Mimi, on Feb 08 2020 - 23:07, said:

hmmm.. you have 13,000 battles played and you have yet to figure out how to evade arty...like not clumping with tanks,  understanding trajectory angles,  moving (?)   you camp you die.

The_Pushok #26 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18124 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

So, after the first three hits, still you are not understanding to move and get into cover? Battle after battle?

Focus fire is generally is what everyone should be doing, hit, hit, and hit again the same tank until it is destroyed, take the gun out of the battle as fast as possible.

__TOP__ #27 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56719 battles

The OP is right.

If the Artys could:

1. Turn faster.
2. Don't reaim when the hull moves

Possibly they would look for other targets!

:trollface:

24cups #28 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:46

Major

• Players
  • 25248 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
So if the last 2 players were an arty vs a non-arty, the arty would have less chance to kill with each shot.  Lol  ok.

Kenshin2kx #29 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 11:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 20504 battles

View Postshackman, on Feb 08 2020 - 17:11, said:

For this to work and be effective arty has to be able to grind ALL buildings into the ground.....

I'd agree insofar as to say ... buildings in general need to align with destruction physics ... with notable exceptions, most structures couldn't withstand the impact of a light tank ... let alone a medium or heavy.  Likewise all shells should interact with the environment as either a high velocity mass or explosive charge. 

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Feb 09 2020 - 11:06.

ImSoBoredNothingToDoHere #30 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 11:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 593 battles
  • [FADED] FADED
remove clickers from the game. the only real solution

Saydzhi #31 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 11:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1123 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
As one that mainly payed LTs and enjoyed racking up assist damage from arty hits on spotted tanks, I'm in strong favor of reducing arty to 1 per team in games.  It's absurd the amount of damage they can do focusing a player. 

Qualm #32 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 13:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20599 battles

Want to know why you're getting focused?  If you're on the enemy team in my arty battles, because you are higher up this list rather than lower down.

"dangerous" means I prioritize certain specific tanks, like a 279(e) over an AMX M4 54;  "exposed" means not behind cover; "vulnerable" means soft vehicle I can do a lot of damage to, maybe even one-shot it (a Grille vs. an E100); "killable" means it's likely I can finish it off, taking a gun out of the fight.

1. Exposed, dangerous tank in a cluster of other tanks locked into current fight with my teammates at a strategic junction;

2. Exposed, dangerous tank locked into current fight with my teammates at a strategic junction;

3. Exposed cluster of enemy tanks;

4. Exposed enemy tank locked into current fight with teammates;

5. Exposed dangerous enemy tank;

6. Exposed vulnerable tank;

7. Exposed killable tank;

8. Exposed lit tank;

9. Lit wheelie not zig-zagging enough (seriously, 4 kills in the past 2 days);

999999. Tanks which stay in cover almost all the time.

Hawaiian_Barbarian #33 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 14:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5379 battles

Well, sometimes people are targeting those using the anonomizer. Plus if you choose a bad place to try to hide or sit in the wide open, it's an invitation to be targeted. When I play arty, I look for the easiest targets and work to eliminate guns as fast as possible. But, I am also looking for where I can help my team win the battle. If that means focusing on one or two people trying to hide in a location that I can hit, I will focus them down. I don't care about anyone's stats, they don't matter at all. So in the end, don't blame arty for being focused, blame yourself. 

Had to edit this. All of this from someone who plays a lot of arty as well. 

Edited by Hawaiian_Barbarian, Feb 09 2020 - 14:19.

WhineMaker #34 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 41317 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostImSoBoredNothingToDoHere, on Feb 09 2020 - 02:11, said:

remove clickers from the game. the only real solution

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :great:

So easy, even a reroll can do it... :ohmy:

RG_Notch #35 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 18:39

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29603 battles

View PostLoli_Mimi, on Feb 08 2020 - 18:07, said:

Why not move to where you can't be hit. It's almost like you can control this yourself. 

AZandEL #36 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 18:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31721 battles

View PostLoli_Mimi, on Feb 08 2020 - 23:07, said:

Nothing to fix because it is working as intended. When I play arty and I see an exposed tank that is going to be a problem to my team (e.g. a Skorpion that is pinning down a push, or some lumbering Japanese heavy advancing on what I see is an unprotected avenue) I target them relentlessly. When I play arty my job is to punish red the best way I can so that my team can win. 

Also tagged with Artillery, Balance

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users