• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

N3RV3 #1 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 02:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31537 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Good day World of Tanks Community

I wanted to confirm something that some may or may not know.

Story:

I have a friend who recently returned to the game, and he wants to improve, so I decided to begin mentoring him. When this event appeared he had the opportunity to try out the rental tanks (and really enjoys some of them). Now he's performing substantially well, enough that every tier 7 game he plays his Personal Rating will increase by one or two points... However, he's accumulated over 120 total battles in his Rental Vehicles (Pz VII, 5A, Udes, and Progetto). His battle count is rising, his tanks are being recorded under the "vehicles" tab, and is performing around 2800 - 3000 DPG in his tanks... however... his Personal Rating is DROPPING... yes, dropping... and i'm not talking about 11k PR... i'm talking 7k... how can a person who performs at 3000 dpg at tier X with 7k PR have it drop?

Can Wargaming gives us full details about how these rental tanks work, and if so in what aspect are we to consider in relation to stats? Unlike last time we received tier X rentals (Rampage mode: 50B, 62A, IS-7) which were not counted as it was a completely different mode, how will these curent rentals that are being used in pubs count?

TL;DR

Few questions... 

1) What is the relation of Rental Tanks to Personal Stats? Are they actually counting or are they only counting Battle counts. 

2) After the event, will rental tank stats be converted or added to existing vehicle stats (I would assume so cause we're playing them in pubs)

3) If Wargaming is to remove Rentals, then should stats in any correlation be wiped? 

Can someone confirm this for me?

Thank you

N3RV3

Edited by N3RV3, Feb 09 2020 - 02:54.

Feargrim27 #2 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 03:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17192 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

My question is, why don't you mentor me ?!

(Seriously)

Edited by Feargrim27, Feb 09 2020 - 03:07.

dave_292 #3 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 03:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30304 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Not playing to the tanks requirement and just doing 3k damage and lets say combined is averaging 3500. If he is just long range sniping then you don't get the same credit if you were playing for your class, so your PR will go down, even hit/pin is part of it. 

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 03:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47924 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

D: Nerve!  Come back to me baby

I've noticed the rentals aren't on the web page profile or on wotlabs/other sites.  I'm curious if they don't completely get counted for stats.  

N3RV3 #5 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 04:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31537 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostFeargrim27, on Feb 09 2020 - 11:06, said:

My question is, why don't you mentor me ?!

(Seriously)

There's no need to mentor you. You've reached 3k recents, at this point the only things to learn are timing of engagements and disengagments, alongside maybe some positioning based on enemy knowledge. That is something only you can learn through practice and experience. Best I could do is review replays on the spot and predict what might happen, and how you could/maybe should of played the match. 

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 09 2020 - 11:36, said:

D: Nerve!  Come back to me baby

I've noticed the rentals aren't on the web page profile or on wotlabs/other sites.  I'm curious if they don't completely get counted for stats.  

I also noticed the lack of stats on Wotlabs. My friend's Battle count is rising accordingly, however his Personal Rating dropped from 6997 to 6974 in these past days, and considering about 70% of his battles are Rentals, it would seem strange his PR would drop if he's averaging very good DPG, and winning 58% of his games to have PR drop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users