• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jhuderis #1 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 21:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7090 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey all,

I got the Caern AX in the auction the other day and I'm struggling to figure it out. I know that the hull is pretty paper, so I've been focusing on finding hull-down locations to play from and also trying to treat it a bit more like a medium than a heavy, following some videos I've watched. 

I still seem to get penned easily and consistently in the turret by tiers 7-9. With the alpha being so low, trading is also a challenge. I've yet to identify the tank's strengths and how to play to best advantage. 

I'd appreciate any tips you've got!

Cheers!

Capitan_Hernandez_ #2 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 22:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24471 battles
  • [BON] BON

View PostJhuderis, on Feb 09 2020 - 15:59, said:

Hey all,

I got the Caern AX in the auction the other day and I'm struggling to figure it out. I know that the hull is pretty paper, so I've been focusing on finding hull-down locations to play from and also trying to treat it a bit more like a medium than a heavy, following some videos I've watched. 

I still seem to get penned easily and consistently in the turret by tiers 7-9. With the alpha being so low, trading is also a challenge. I've yet to identify the tank's strengths and how to play to best advantage. 

I'd appreciate any tips you've got!

Cheers!

The biggest attribute you can count on is dpm. Going into it thinking you will bounce everything kind of sets you up for disapointment. The turret is incredibly strong if and only if they are right in front of you and not shooting at its side, but i still prefer to keep the armor as the ace up my sleeve. Just always remember that you have a machine gun that can melt is 3s. so play it some what like a tiger with good gun depression. Use hitpoints and dpm. Hope this helps.

Edited by Capitan_Hernandez_, Feb 09 2020 - 22:20.

Kramah313 #3 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 22:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5828 battles
I got mine for credits in the last black market. It’s not a playstyle I’m good at yet particularly but I have had some good games in it. When it works for me, it’s because I use the DPM. You want everything in front of you, preferably not at really short range because you won’t win peek a boom battles. If you get stuck in one you want to try to go 2 shots for 1. The turret works better a bit further back (but not far back like a sniper). Aim for tracks. If you can get a track and damage shot you will kill whatever you trap in that situation, especially if it’s a heavy. When I play it bad I wind up getting off one shot or two shots of damage because I get in trade mode like you would in a Russian heavy. 

waikin_alter #4 Posted Feb 09 2020 - 23:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16092 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
its turret armor is rlly bad, play it like a light. View range is really good so

Jhuderis #5 Posted Feb 10 2020 - 01:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7090 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Much appreciated! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users