Incoming! Sweet rewards for Frontline and Steel Hunter event.

KRZY free stuff things to do

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #21 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 20:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45501 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Feb 12 2020 - 19:33, said:

So I may be wrong but you have to participate in both events to earn enough tokens for the rewards? Because I really dislike Steel Hunter.

That's not quite true as you can get ONE of the reward tanks by playing only ONE of the modes.

Basically, you can get a max of 12 tokens from EACH mode for 24 total. Each reward tank costs 12 tokens. So if you want ONE reward tank, you can either get all the tokens from ONE of the modes or play a mix of the two modes to get your 12 tokens. However, if you want TWO reward tanks, then you have to play all the episodes of BOTH modes.

I like this system as it rewards those that don't want to grind too much or want variety while at the same time rewarding the die hard grinders for their efforts. My only complaint is that the modes weren't staggered and all FL episodes come in the first half of the year while all the SH episodes come in the 2nd half. They should've had them alternate with an episode of FL followed by an episode of SH to keep things fresh.

Edited by Knyaz_Svyatoslav, Feb 12 2020 - 20:46.

jackruby436 #22 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 17797 battles
  • [SISA] SISA
Am I the only one here who thought that steel Hunter sux? So, now because turnout was so low last year on that gameplay... WG is going to shove it down our throats? I said this when steel hunter came out. Instead of coming up with new mediocre gameplay, why not actually use the manpower to release new maps.... not revisioned ones. BUT, Actual, real, new, maps!! no fraking new way to play... NO Event!!!!! just new Fraking MAPS!!!

MacDuff48 #23 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26394 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to play at all in September; so I can only earn 1 tank.  On the good side it means I can skip one event, for me that will be Steel Hunter

AllieOop2 #24 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View PostKnyaz_Svyatoslav, on Feb 12 2020 - 20:45, said:

That's not quite true as you can get ONE of the reward tanks by playing only ONE of the modes.

Basically, you can get a max of 12 tokens from EACH mode for 24 total. Each reward tank costs 12 tokens. So if you want ONE reward tank, you can either get all the tokens from ONE of the modes or play a mix of the two modes to get your 12 tokens. However, if you want TWO reward tanks, then you have to play all the episodes of BOTH modes.

I like this system as it rewards those that don't want to grind too much or want variety while at the same time rewarding the die hard grinders for their efforts. My only complaint is that the modes weren't staggered and all FL episodes come in the first half of the year while all the SH episodes come in the 2nd half. They should've had them alternate with an episode of FL followed by an episode of SH to keep things fresh.

I never said you could get all three. I said all three are worth trying for. Meaning if you got to the first level last year you got a old crap Prem tank that had been in the shop for sale for an eternity. Then you got to try an get another old crap Prem tank. Then you got a Emil garbage tank that isnt as good an the tech tree one. If you worked your butt off you finally got a new tank. Got it?

AllieOop2 #25 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View Postjackruby436, on Feb 12 2020 - 21:06, said:

Am I the only one here who thought that steel Hunter sux? So, now because turnout was so low last year on that gameplay... WG is going to shove it down our throats? I said this when steel hunter came out. Instead of coming up with new mediocre gameplay, why not actually use the manpower to release new maps.... not revisioned ones. BUT, Actual, real, new, maps!! no fraking new way to play... NO Event!!!!! just new Fraking MAPS!!!

No I played one day an that was it. Supposedly they "fixed" the loss of chevrons. I will wait an see.

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #26 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45501 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Feb 12 2020 - 21:10, said:

I never said you could get all three. I said all three are worth trying for. Meaning if you got to the first level last year you got a old crap Prem tank that had been in the shop for sale for an eternity. Then you got to try an get another old crap Prem tank. Then you got a Emil garbage tank that isnt as good an the tech tree one. If you worked your butt off you finally got a new tank. Got it?

Excuse me but did you even read my post? Where did I claim that you said "you can get all three?" All I said was that you don't have to play both modes to get a reward tank as that was something you were wondering about. You can play one mode and get one of the reward tanks, that was my point.

Mojo_Riesing #27 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 20863 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

Well, right off i'm not happy about what sounds like LESS of Frontlines.  Come to think of it, i'm even LESS happy about Steel Hunter...it sucked.  Who the hell came up with the miserable idea of combining the two?

How can Wargaming get it this wrong?  I don't recall anyone asking for this, Steel Hunter seemed to be generally panned as not a great mode, unless you cheated.  Frontlines most folks wanted MORE of...more maps, and versions for MORE Tiers, specifically VI and X, but folks talked about VII as well.

Do we need to get "rewarded" by tanks in a Tier that is kind of semi-orphaned between VIII and X?  Did we need yet another "currency" of tokens?

Between this and the "re-balancing" i can't see any of this improving the game, or broadening it's player base.

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #28 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 21:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45501 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Feb 12 2020 - 21:34, said:

Well, right off i'm not happy about what sounds like LESS of Frontlines.  Come to think of it, i'm even LESS happy about Steel Hunter...it sucked.  Who the hell came up with the miserable idea of combining the two?

How can Wargaming get it this wrong?  I don't recall anyone asking for this, Steel Hunter seemed to be generally panned as not a great mode, unless you cheated.  Frontlines most folks wanted MORE of...more maps, and versions for MORE Tiers, specifically VI and X, but folks talked about VII as well.

Do we need to get "rewarded" by tanks in a Tier that is kind of semi-orphaned between VIII and X?  Did we need yet another "currency" of tokens?

Between this and the "re-balancing" i can't see any of this improving the game, or broadening it's player base.

Pretty sure most people enjoyed Steel Hunter. Not everybody obviously, but most. In the same vein, not everybody really enjoyed FL. I actually really hated FL until the release of the 2nd map and the boosters but hey, everybody is different.

TankingTrucker #29 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37511 battles

View PostFlakker2, on Feb 12 2020 - 13:50, said:

Yeah, I don't like that you have to get every token otherwise you can't get 2 rewards. Although they may add the ability to convert tokens to gold at the end if you have any extras left.

The last front lines I had tokens left over and you could trade them for bonds but they didnt give you crap for the trade. I thought I was going to get a lot more per token but I was sadly mistaken. The kicker was you had no choice it was trade or lose the tokens. Why didn't they just let us hold on to them for this event I would have a better chance at getting one of the tanks using my extra token. Reason I say that is I drive semi truck and I get in areas were I have absolutely no signal and mite have to set there for 2 or 3 days and lose out on being able to earn tokens.

Oxy_Clean #30 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 19395 battles
LAME! WHY CAN'T WE GET THE EMIL 1951?! THAT'S THE ONE I WANTED AND I MISSED FRONTLINE LAST ROUND WHICH WAS THE ONLY PLACE AND TIME TO GET IT!  PISS OFF WG .I.

TankingTrucker #31 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37511 battles

View PostMaciekRS, on Feb 12 2020 - 14:03, said:

I feel completly opposite. 

Last year we had 3 prem tanks to choose from, Now we have ZERO prem tanks, close to nothing bonds and propably close to zero gold either.

MAJOR disappointment.

Were you playing like checkers or something and not the same world of tanks the rest of us were playing. Last front line you got to choose a few crappy tanks and like 2 of them you could buy in the wot online store. Let's see if my memory serves me rite a crappy 111 tier 8 with a pile of crap gun a sta 2 a tier 8 with no armor a hudge growth for a commander's hatch and you could get both those in the tanks store. Then it got a little better oh wait no I didn't you could pick a tank that has the exact same stats to a T in the tech tree the emil 1951 or the same tank emil 1 from the tech tree. Then the one and only good tank you could get that you could not just buy in the store or get the same tank different name in the tech tree the AE phase 1.

Now this year you get to pick from 3 tier 9 premium tanks two brand new and the AE phase 1 from last year and you say this years tanks are crap. Man what ever your smoking pass some my way because last years tanks except the AE were all crap.

I still think you mite be playing a different game and are confused.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and go with that.

TankingTrucker #32 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37511 battles
See above

TankingTrucker #33 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37511 battles

View PostOxy_Clean, on Feb 12 2020 - 16:11, said:

LAME! WHY CAN'T WE GET THE EMIL 1951?! THAT'S THE ONE I WANTED AND I MISSED FRONTLINE LAST ROUND WHICH WAS THE ONLY PLACE AND TIME TO GET IT!  PISS OFF WG .I.

Just grind up to the emil 1 same exact tank armor profile gun stats everything's the same. There you go now you have the emil 1951/emil 1 same tank different name. See I saved you from playing either mode and you still get a reward tank lol.

KRZYBooP #34 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:37

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4411 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postmoogleslam, on Feb 12 2020 - 13:30, said:

Remind me which one Steel Hunter was?  There were a bunch of events around the same time last year, and I wasn't very impressed with any of them, so didn't continue to participate.  Plus I gave up on frontline because it felt like a terrible grind.  As much as I love free stuff, I'm not willing to do year long grinds.

Steel Hunter was the Battle Royale mode where your tank would upgrade overtime in the match.

gutsanu #35 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 22:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 14145 battles
  • [RO] RO
Is rigging in Steel Hunter going to be fixed/automatically detected? Otherwise that's a big nope

Rampant_Carnage #36 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 23:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 16470 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

Suggestion:

Have the events alternate instead of each one for half the year.  This would help prevent burn out from grinding both events.  

Realign_Clicks4hire #37 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 31968 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View Postgutsanu, on Feb 12 2020 - 16:59, said:

Is rigging in Steel Hunter going to be fixed/automatically detected? Otherwise that's a big nope

^ This.  Make a better way to report at minimum.  I remember having an issue reporting an unnamed latin clan that had 9 people playing together at one point because you couldn't record replays in this mode.  Plz allow replay recording.  The fact that a friend was streaming and we could link the vod is the only reason these guys were able to be punished.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #38 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9088 battles

View PostJaguarz, on Feb 12 2020 - 13:12, said:

steel hunter sucks though.....

I hope there'll be new maps

Buttknuckle #39 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 53999 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I understand the point of teaser videos, but I'll reserve my elation until you actually publish the details explaining how much of a grind this will be.

Inqubi #40 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 03:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 22112 battles

Well last year they took the fun new game mode "Front Lines" & turned it into a year long grind-fest slog-athon that sucked the joy from WoT.

So I don't have much hope for this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users