Incoming! Sweet rewards for Frontline and Steel Hunter event.

KRZY free stuff things to do

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

theannihalatorofall_1 #41 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 03:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2677 battles
  • [DVIL] DVIL
Well, I'm willing to give it a chance. It sounds solid enough. If they learned from the mistakes of last year, this could be quite fun. I actually sort of enjoyed Frontline and Steel Hunter, and seeing that they will have an intertwined reward system gives me some hope for getting one of those tier IX premiums.

Jaspo #42 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 03:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32427 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ
2:25 is that Carter Hydro Dam? Are they making a new Frontline map set on The Long Dark's Great Bear Island? 'Cause it sure looks like it! Whatever it's actually supposed to be, just name it Vancouver Island and you'll be spot on!

F4U_wingman #43 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:00

Captain

• Players
  • 91838 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
I hope it is possible to complete more than one prestige a month so I can finish it faster and have more free time for summer fun. :)

rawdawg13 #44 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9682 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-

View PostFlakker2, on Feb 12 2020 - 18:50, said:

Yeah, I don't like that you have to get every token otherwise you can't get 2 rewards. Although they may add the ability to convert tokens to gold at the end if you have any extras left.

Any extra tokens should be converted into bonds ,like 2019 frontline..

rawdawg13 #45 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9682 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-
I thought we was getting Homefront event again in 2020??? 3 Events , 3 reward tanks...Does this make to much sense for it to work WG???

Kenshin2kx #46 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 20128 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Feb 12 2020 - 08:33, said:

So I may be wrong but you have to participate in both events to earn enough tokens for the rewards? Because I really dislike Steel Hunter.

This ... well perhaps not really dislike so much as really like FL vs a meh SH ... so ditto on the implications of a joint event for common prizes.

Mojo_Riesing #47 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 04:51

Captain

• Players
  • 20863 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostKnyaz_Svyatoslav, on Feb 12 2020 - 12:53, said:

Pretty sure most people enjoyed Steel Hunter. Not everybody obviously, but most. In the same vein, not everybody really enjoyed FL. I actually really hated FL until the release of the 2nd map and the boosters but hey, everybody is different.

Well, that's not how i recall it but its fair to say both game modes had detractors and fans. It would be both interesting and informative if Wargaming would publish populations of the game by mode during the time either Frontline or Steel Hunter was active (compared to Randoms).

For sure i don't recall ANYONE asking they be mixed together.

Mr_G0NE #48 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 06:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27506 battles
So if I miss one token, there's no point in trying to get the other 11.  That is a hell of a disincentive.  Are you sure you guys understand the concept of investment/reward design (who am I kidding, of course you don't)

Lycan_Knight #49 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 07:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13691 battles
  • [IKU] IKU
after what happened with black market... i do not have high hopes for this event doing any better.... wargaming seriously needs to prioritize crushing errors in their systems (and their workers) before beginning another massive event like steel hunter or frontline... ESPECIALLY if they're going to be used as a MERGED event.

StormyD #50 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 08:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 26311 battles
  • [EMU] EMU

Is this going to be like Dynasty Wars and screw over any player that doesn't have time to play in the prime time slot?

Gonna upset a lot of people if it is.

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #51 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 09:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45501 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Feb 13 2020 - 04:51, said:

Well, that's not how i recall it but its fair to say both game modes had detractors and fans. It would be both interesting and informative if Wargaming would publish populations of the game by mode during the time either Frontline or Steel Hunter was active (compared to Randoms).

For sure i don't recall ANYONE asking they be mixed together.

I agree that it would be nice to see those stats, however, for the record as I mentioned already, to get one of the reward tanks you can play only one of the modes. So if you hate SH, then you can play only the FL and get a reward tank. For me, even when FL became enjoyable, it was the case of 'too much of a good thing is annoying.' The fact that I can play some FL and some SH and still get a reward tank is so much more appealing.

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #52 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 09:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45501 battles

View PostMr_G0NE, on Feb 13 2020 - 06:15, said:

So if I miss one token, there's no point in trying to get the other 11.  That is a hell of a disincentive.  Are you sure you guys understand the concept of investment/reward design (who am I kidding, of course you don't)

No, there are 24 tokens available in total (unless you absolutely hate one of the modes and completely refuse to play it lol).

Loli_Mimi #53 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 09:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13187 battles

Any news on any additions to steel hunter? new upgrade trees, like a TD or SPG, new maps, new base tanks, or new nations?

Really loved that game mode, can't wait to see it again. After playing it for a while, I found the best way to win every time, I'd also like to know if they'll balance the mode for players who play passive, since if you play aggressively, get the blue drops from the middle of the map, and kill all the tanks who might be a threat later by baiting them to the blue drops and ignoring lower upgraded tanks (unless for point gathering), then the mode became too one-sided.

To balance, I think a larger map, with more blue drops spaced outside rather than the center. Right now the mode rewards very aggressive players who kill off early competition, and players who hide and play passive aren't rewarded at all. This makes playing faster tanks less meta, since most of the fight is concentrated in the center and they need those drops to upgrade and get enough supply loot to challenge heavier tanks who may posses the same loot.

I cannot wait to see this mode again, from the trailer it seems they haven't changed much of the aesthetic, so i'm betting on most changes being either to the map, the drop distribution, and the upgrade tree.

zerostorer #54 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 13:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 56493 battles

OP,

Its great that frontline is coming back, the steel hunter event on the other hand is something I will not be playing because of the rampant teaming that I encountered and the awkward if not downright absurd way to report this activity. If I may add another thing and I know this may not apply here but why is homefront mode not coming back?

qisjlh #55 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 15:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12360 battles
  • [DRAFC] DRAFC

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 12 2020 - 19:05, said:

Steel Hunter and Frontline events are coming soon ™. 

KRZYBoop, thank you for the announcement. As I understand it, it is impossible to bank tokens ahead or to catch up. To get both tanks, it is absolutely necessary to play every week that the event is available.

Would you mind telling us the entire schedule now, so that we may consider how to organize our lives around the schedule? It is fine if the schedule you tell us is tentative and subject to change, but some information now is better than nothing. If you cannot tell us the schedule without consulting your superiors, please ask them about it.

Without the schedule, most of us would be forced to assume that we cannot play every single stage and aim to get only one tank. Our participation in the events would be much, much lower. Also, I can assure you that you will get very angry players who worked hard to acquire all 18 tokens by September only to discover that the events of the last two months are not convenient.

You can save everyone a lot of headache with a full disclosure of the schedule now.

KRZYBooP #56 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 17:44

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4411 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postgutsanu, on Feb 12 2020 - 15:59, said:

Is rigging in Steel Hunter going to be fixed/automatically detected? Otherwise that's a big nope

Our developers are aware of that issue and looking to improve that part. If you are running windows 10, you can press the windows key+R to start recording in-game. Then uploading that file to youtube, sending the link in the ticket for our support team to review. 

View PostStormyD, on Feb 13 2020 - 01:20, said:

Is this going to be like Dynasty Wars and screw over any player that doesn't have time to play in the prime time slot?

Gonna upset a lot of people if it is.

I understood prime time slots to deter players from rigging the game-mode. 

View PostLoli_Mimi, on Feb 13 2020 - 02:33, said:

Any news on any additions to steel hunter? new upgrade trees, like a TD or SPG, new maps, new base tanks, or new nations?

Really loved that game mode, can't wait to see it again. After playing it for a while, I found the best way to win every time, I'd also like to know if they'll balance the mode for players who play passive, since if you play aggressively, get the blue drops from the middle of the map, and kill all the tanks who might be a threat later by baiting them to the blue drops and ignoring lower upgraded tanks (unless for point gathering), then the mode became too one-sided.

To balance, I think a larger map, with more blue drops spaced outside rather than the center. Right now the mode rewards very aggressive players who kill off early competition, and players who hide and play passive aren't rewarded at all. This makes playing faster tanks less meta, since most of the fight is concentrated in the center and they need those drops to upgrade and get enough supply loot to challenge heavier tanks who may posses the same loot.

I cannot wait to see this mode again, from the trailer it seems they haven't changed much of the aesthetic, so i'm betting on most changes being either to the map, the drop distribution, and the upgrade tree.

No changes or details about the event, other than what is on the video or in the news article sadly. 

View Postzerostorer, on Feb 13 2020 - 06:04, said:

OP,

Its great that frontline is coming back, the steel hunter event on the other hand is something I will not be playing because of the rampant teaming that I encountered and the awkward if not downright absurd way to report this activity. If I may add another thing and I know this may not apply here but why is homefront mode not coming back?

There is no information on whether Homefront will or won't be coming back so it's still 50/50 at this time. 

Jaguarz #57 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 18:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4162 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 13 2020 - 17:44, said:

I dont know what you "understood" and while that MAY actually be valid for the mode that the EU and RU servers got (7v7) but the cheapo version that WGNA bought from the Asian servers had no capacity to be rigged so all you managed to do was piss off players who operate at the more unusual hours.

Insanefriend #58 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 49331 battles
  • [TRY] TRY

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 13 2020 - 10:44, said:

Our developers are aware of that issue and looking to improve that part. If you are running windows 10, you can press the windows key+R to start recording in-game. Then uploading that file to youtube, sending the link in the ticket for our support team to review. 

This is not a option for players on lower end hardware with limited drive space and bad internet connections.  I know quite a few players that are lucky to break 50fps in a normal match on low let alone frontlines.  Add in the overhead of video capture and it's just not feasible for them to do this.  Never mind the drive space nightmare this can cause.

Mojo_Riesing #59 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 19:18

Captain

• Players
  • 20863 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I just don't get it KRZYBooP, you KNOW the player base was enthusiastic about Frontline, despite some issues.  You KNOW and still do apparently that Steel Hunter had some fairly serious issues. In both cases i'm sure fixes can be had. There are people who liked the game mode.   Again though, who asked for LESS Frontline?  Who asked for the two to be linked?

In both modes, players WANT to use their OWN tanks.  Frontline could be expanded to other Tiers with minor adjustments (and monetized). Steel Hunter doesn't let you use either you own stock, and it isn't PvE which at least some players have asked for.  Folks are increasingly unhappy (as if  that's new) with Random battles.

Lately events have been generally panned, found to flawed, get delayed or even cancelled.  Wargaming even managed to screw up Tank Racing.  I should think folks would be tired of failing over and over but Wargaming keeps going back to that well of sorrow over and over.  I'd think by now Wargaming could at least TRY to listen to it's user base, especially since it's internal guidance so often fails them.

zerostorer #60 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 56493 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 13 2020 - 10:44, said:

No changes or details about the event, other than what is on the video or in the news article sadly. 

There is no information on whether Homefront will or won't be coming back so it's still 50/50 at this time. 

KRZYBooP,

Your instructions for screen recording are not correct, according to many others sites that have information on Windows 10. It also should be noted that not all Windows 10 devices can record footage with the Game Bar. To use it, you’ll need a video card supporting one of the following encoders:

• Intel Quick Sync H.260
  • Nvidia NVENC
  • AMD VCE

https://helpdeskgeek...-on-windows-10/

https://www.techrada...ord-your-screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users