Arty Rework to make it more enjoyable for everyone (ideas & input)

arty balanaced fair not toxic

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

death_to_allies #1 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 23:49

Private

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE
Hey guys i was thinking about a arty rework, and i think that if they were to change arty into a support vehicle like it is supposed to be then it would actually make a whole new dynamic game play in wot and make it better for everyone in the community. For my rework i would have arty have 3 rounds the first round would be flares as a standard round and arty is able to shoot this over an area and in that are you would be able to spot enemy vehicles for your team for 10 sec as if they were spotted by a light tanks, this excludes spotting other artys. The second round would be the standard HE that is in the game that we know today with or without the stun depending on what the devs would think is best but this round would be the cost of the special ammo arty shoots now so it would be more expensive cause you are changing your arty from support to attack. the third round would be smoke canisters and this would be used to provide cover for your ally tanks so that they are able to remain hidden and not get spotted and this would also be slightly cheaper shell compared to the flares because it would take more map awareness to use so its high risk low cost shell. Then i would rework arty points score making it different than other tanks in the game, so that arty gets the amount of xp and creds from assistance as normal tanks would get from damage and when arty damages someone then it would get the creds and xp amount as if it was a normal tank getting assistance. I would do that so that you would kinda nudge arty players to be more of a team oriented tank instead of a damage hungry sky round that so many people are frustrated with the game in the current meta. I think this would make arty a really good counter to tank destroyers that are camping in the back of the map destroying the heavy tanks and make the game play much more balanced and fun for all tanks and all players alike. 

The_Pink_Panther #2 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 23:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 86 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
Arty is a support vehicle now and needs nothing done to it except to return it to it's original specs.  Those that hate it, need to find another game where they can fit in.  Even when I am not playing arty, I am alright with it being in a battle because it's part of the game. 

WhineMaker #3 Posted Feb 12 2020 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 41266 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Good luck getting me to shoot flares. I would rather spectate that help the kiddo ragers... :facepalm:

If you need WoT dumbed down some more, WoT Blitz is arty free, 100% of the time... :great:

death_to_allies #4 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:02

Private

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE

you will still have the HE with stun it just adds more dynamic game play 

Wolfman871 #5 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:06

Private

• Players
  • 11408 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE
I can totally agree but with a bit of tweaks here and there

dunniteowl #6 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I think, "No," would be my response.

Making shells more expensive?  Seriously?  Arty has the most expensive overall standard shells in the game.  And you want arty to launch 'FLARES' as a spotting device?  Yeah, that's going to make all the LT pilots REAL happy.  Then the Smoke canisters.  Hmm, what kind of benefit does that provide the arty player?  Seriously, this is pretty off the wall.

Arty's pretty much share HALF of ALL the damage they do now.  They share it with spotting units.  They share it as Assisted Damage.  They share it as Stun between other arty.  They have the longest overall reload times, poorest accuracy and some of the longer aim in times.  And, as previously mentioned, some of the most expensive 'standard' shells.

So your answer is to remove their general offensive ability and turn them into Scout and Concealment unit, while increasing the cost of their actual function (as damage) in the process.

You list no benefit to arty that this might present in terms of XP (which all units need in order to progress both units and crew) and you literally intend to double their cost per shell or better?

Like I said, I think, "No," is going to be my answer to this idea.  Even if I hated arty, I would still be able to see how intrinsically Unfair this would be to that class.

Any change someone proposes needs to take into account for how this will affect the overall game balance between units, classes and overall game play in general.  OP, credit for making the attempt.  This needs WAY MORE THOUGHT before it could ever hope to fly.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

death_to_allies #7 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:24

Private

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE
i made the forum for a way to maybe think about making arty more dynamic. So instead of bashing it come up with more ideas and add on to it so you say you don't want the HE to cost more so if we keep it the same cost now and make the support shells for the arty cost a lot less like say current HE cost about 4k creds for arty so keep that how it is and make the support rounds cost about 1,500 creds so it is cheap and make it so that your assistance damage gives you more xp and creds so you dont take a heavy loss in creds and xp when you want to support the team.
my shell credit analogy was off of tier 10 arty shell costs>

rockbutcher #8 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 00:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23499 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Feb 12 2020 - 17:56, said:

Good luck getting me to shoot flares. I would rather spectate that help the kiddo ragers... :facepalm:

If you need WoT dumbed down some more, WoT Blitz is arty free, 100% of the time... :great:

Can you imagine?  We would have TWICE the number of arty whines...."WTH with this stupid spotting mechanic"  and (from your own team) "Stupid arty smoked off the enemy I was about to shoot."

Personally, I think the stun mechanic just made things worse.  I'd rather revert to pre-nerf days when I might miss 3 in a row but the 4th would open a heavy like a banana peel.

Edited by rockbutcher, Feb 13 2020 - 00:41.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 01:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postdeath_to_allies, on Feb 12 2020 - 17:24, said:

i made the forum for a way to maybe think about making arty more dynamic. So instead of bashing it come up with more ideas and add on to it so you say you don't want the HE to cost more so if we keep it the same cost now and make the support shells for the arty cost a lot less like say current HE cost about 4k creds for arty so keep that how it is and make the support rounds cost about 1,500 creds so it is cheap and make it so that your assistance damage gives you more xp and creds so you dont take a heavy loss in creds and xp when you want to support the team.
my shell credit analogy was off of tier 10 arty shell costs>

Hey, IF I thought arty needed MORE work, I'd float an idea.  If I did, you can damn sure bet that I'd put more thought into how it balances out as compared to your thinly anti-arty, let's make it useless, basically idea.

You asked for input and thoughts, I gave it.  Did you say I HAD to come up with ideas to help you out?  Nope, didn't see that.

Like I said, Credits for trying.  I would not make this sort of change AT ALL.

If it were up to me, I'd remove the 3 arty cap and give SPGs back their original penetration (maybe not damage) and leave them pretty much at that.  I thought arty was okay fine, whether I was in it or under it, before the changes.  I played over 18K matches before arty was reworked and I didn't have a problem with it as it was.  I played 14K matches with MM before they messed with it and I thought it was fine as it was.

My idea?  Hey, WG, why don't you just ROLL BACK all those other mechanics changes to about 0.8.9, leaving in Wheeled Vehicles and taking out the more and more OP-ish and power creeped Premiums.  Stop focusing on the Next New Shiny Tank and maybe put twice the number of folks on MAPS.

There you go, OP, those are my ideas for arty.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

death_to_allies #10 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 01:20

Private

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE

View Postdunniteowl, on Feb 13 2020 - 00:06, said:

Hey, IF I thought arty needed MORE work, I'd float an idea.  If I did, you can damn sure bet that I'd put more thought into how it balances out as compared to your thinly anti-arty, let's make it useless, basically idea.

You asked for input and thoughts, I gave it.  Did you say I HAD to come up with ideas to help you out?  Nope, didn't see that.

Like I said, Credits for trying.  I would not make this sort of change AT ALL.

If it were up to me, I'd remove the 3 arty cap and give SPGs back their original penetration (maybe not damage) and leave them pretty much at that.  I thought arty was okay fine, whether I was in it or under it, before the changes.  I played over 18K matches before arty was reworked and I didn't have a problem with it as it was.  I played 14K matches with MM before they messed with it and I thought it was fine as it was.

My idea?  Hey, WG, why don't you just ROLL BACK all those other mechanics changes to about 0.8.9, leaving in Wheeled Vehicles and taking out the more and more OP-ish and power creeped Premiums.  Stop focusing on the Next New Shiny Tank and maybe put twice the number of folks on MAPS.

There you go, OP, those are my ideas for arty.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Arty Rework to make it more enjoyable for everyone (ideas & input). That's the title bud it does say ideas & input which in fact ask for help from the community about ideas related to arty and about the rework I proposed but I guess you couldn't read that cause the font was too small my bad.  and damn man don't gotta get so upsetty spaghetti about it just a forum my dood for civil discussion that's it so like our teachers always said in school when we were little if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all hope your night gets better my dood. <3

dunniteowl #11 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 01:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

And?  I gave you my input. Just because it doesn't lay down and gasp at the greatness shouldn't make it any less valuable.

OvO

Feargrim27 #12 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17192 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

OP, world of tanks official forums aren't the best place to bring ideas.

Even ideas which are intellectually sound.

This place can be toxic. You also need to remember that the majority of the player-base consists of (statistically speaking) very poor players. This can be represented here in the forums often times. 

I'd suggest you give wotlabs forums a try. Though many of the people who once resided there left the game, one of the reasons is primarily due to arty and it's broken mechanic. 

Edited by Feargrim27, Feb 13 2020 - 01:39.

death_to_allies #13 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 01:41

Private

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE

View PostFeargrim27, on Feb 13 2020 - 00:38, said:

OP, world of tanks official forums aren't the best place to bring ideas.

Even ideas which are intellectually sound.

This place can be toxic. You also need to remember that the majority of the player-base consists of (statistically speaking) very poor players. This can be represented here in the forums often times. 

I'd suggest you give wotlabs forums a try. Though many of the people who once resided there left the game, one of the reasons is primarily due to arty and it's broken mechanic. 

Thanks for letting me know man. O7

Chrisbug_2394 #14 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 06:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 8900 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE
only the lord tachanka will provail

Chrisbug_2394 #15 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 06:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 8900 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE

this is how you the find the barrel diameter 3.14

Whistling_Death_ #16 Posted Mar 07 2020 - 01:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 68100 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Support vehicle? That's what has ALREADY been done to it when artillery was GUTTED in the hated 9.18 patch, which caused over 20,000 players on the North American server alone to quit!

Whine, belly-ache, moan, complain, cry.  Good grief. How embarrassing!

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! There should be a limit of one tank per battle! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr mommmyyy!!!”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users