Cannot see nation tech tree

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Starscape #1 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 07:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hi All,

I just began WoT, and I just began the boot camp series.  It has me in the USA tech tree, but when I click on the Tech Tree button I it shows the USA tree, but I cannot see or select a tech tree from another nation.  Do I have to complete boot camp before I can do this?

Thanks everyone

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture.JPG   67.5K

Edited by Starscape, Feb 13 2020 - 07:53.

PTwr #2 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 46463 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
If I remember correctly, you are nation-locked untill you finish all boot missions.

Wanderjar #3 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 11:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30477 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
you have to get far enough it and it lets you have everything. its basically training wheels on how the tech tree progression works

dunniteowl #4 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 15:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

In "Enter Boot Camp" you get, I think, two training missions.  At that point, you reach a choice point that asks if you would like to continue in the tank line you defaulted with, which is the US Line.   That image would have looked like this:

Posted Image

From that you could have chosen:  US (Stick with what you started), Russian or German.

In each of those cases you are "Locked IN" to that line during Enter Boot Camp.  You will not get to change vehicles or 'examine' the nation line.  When you are in Boot Camp, you are actually in something closer to a training room or Special Event application of the client and you do not have full access to the Tech Tree -- just what they show you.   You cannot even select to use another tank in the Tech Tree.  I know, because I have tried to take the lower tier tank during the process.

Once you complete Enter Boot Camp or Exit the process (you do not have to complete Enter Boot Camp all at once, you can exit it and play regular games and at that point you WILL have access to the tech tree and the tanks you have) you will then have access to your full tech tree in terms of what you can examine and view.  While in Boot Camp, you will only have access to what you see in your garage.  Heck you can't even change ammo types or add consumables that are different than what they show you. This is because it's a training program designed to teach you the very Basics.

I have played Enter Boot Camp as Lols and to see what I can get away with when my Rural Wireless Internet ping creeps over 300ms.  At that level of latency, I cannot play the regular game, so I HAVE to play something and thus, decided to use Boot Camp as a not serious time sink during those times.

I recommend using Boot Camp to try out things in terms of spotting and flanking, charging and angling your tank as you are just learning things.  It can be very instructive and, as you are playing against relatively 'dumb' BOTs, you can practice learning to control your tank under moderate risk (and no risk to your stats) as you play in a Training environment.  I have found it, in my particular case, interesting and fun to do stuff I 'shouldn't' be doing in the training if you want to stick with the missions as they give them.  I encourage players who are going through it to repeat it a few times and try to do the missions differently to see what happens.

It can be very personally informative if you are willing to repeat it several times (though not in a row).  As you learn more about playing, the experience does change.  My current favorite aspect is the last 'battle' where you are in a 15 v 15 match with all BOTs.  I go out and see how many Red Team bots I can take out and still live without my BOTs taking cap.  I currently managed 12.  Again, bear in mind I only play this when my connection super sucks, so the additional challenge of lag comes with that playtime for me.

As you are new, I would also like to say: Welcome to the Madness that is World of Tanks!

I would also like to present to you, your very own digital copy of: The WoT Welcome Package (version 1).  This set of links you should consider your WoT Players "Bible."  These links are pretty much picked with the New and/or Struggling to Improve Player in mind.  It concentrates on the Core Basics.  You cannot go wrong knowing more about how the game works and while information is good, there is nothing in there that I deem Advanced Information.

My intent in putting these links together was to provide New Player (as well as the Struggling to Improve Players) the BASICS, because without those well understood, the rest is just yapping dogs in terms of what you can get out of the game.  If you get this stuff understood, then the video links will make a LOT more sense, no matter which ones you peruse outside of the package.  

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Starscape #5 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 10:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thank you so much everybody.  I really appreciate it a lot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users