Incoming! Frontline 2020 is almost here.

KRZY Frontline Details free stuff

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 18:51

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4411 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting 9Mar and running until 16Mar Frontline will be active for the first episode.

Some things to note. 

It's not going to be a year-long event. 

Prestige is not going to be a thing and is getting replaced by tokens.

Progress for rewards is being shared between Frontline and Steel Hunter. 

For more information on the event click HERE

Here is another entry brought to you by From the Forge. 

Artist- imaginary_zinger

Edited by KRZYBooP, Feb 13 2020 - 18:52.

Oberjager_Jeremy_Torres #2 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 19:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18249 battles
  • [CR506] CR506
So if i miss one stage i cant get two tanks..  Last time i was in college and in vacation i catched the prestige level progress, not now, for wg people doesnt work or study.

F4U_wingman #3 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 19:02

Captain

• Players
  • 91838 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 13 2020 - 09:51, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting 9Mar and running until 16Mar Frontline will be active for the first episode.

Sure it is, call it what you want …. as you said, "shared"

This time around it will be "worse".... before you could get ahead or catch up... this time if you miss any month you won't be able to get two tanks. :(

So like before I could take 5 months off and enjoy summer and take a real long vacation away from this time sink game...now you only get 2 months … June and July. 

Taken from the video... Front Lines is March to May and Steel Hunt is August to November.

If you people think you didn't have time before to play this game and get reward tanks... YOU REALLY HAVE NO TIME NOW … going forward... or as it looks to me BACKWARDS NOW. :(

coconut2011 #4 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 19:11

Captain

• Players
  • 66724 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostOberjager_Jeremy_Torres, on Feb 13 2020 - 10:00, said:

So if i miss one stage i cant get two tanks..  Last time i was in college and in vacation i catched the prestige level progress, not now, for wg people doesnt work or study.

I would assume that you can always get it later next year or later.  So this is like CW, missing out couple years does not mean you won't be able to get all the reward tanks.

cartires #5 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 44174 battles
For what it's worth...I liked things the original way... I played a couple of games of Steele hunt ...didn't like it...loves front lines... Not a fan of you folks linking the two modes. 

makalu2k6 #6 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 21:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 70429 battles
  • [USM] USM

WG: A humble request. 

Please take out the reset of progress between stages. 

If anybody misses one week or few days in a week they are screwed. This is not a good design. Not sure who came up with this. 

Garandster #7 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 23:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6340 battles
How many points will be needed to progress through the stages?

Volcanic_lobster_220 #8 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 01:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9088 battles

WOO my decent amount of Tier 8 tanks are ready for Frontline :playing:

View Postmakalu2k6, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:15, said:

WG: A humble request. 

Please take out the reset of progress between stages. 

If anybody misses one week or few days in a week they are screwed. This is not a good design. Not sure who came up with this. 

They can't do that because Prestige is gone, everyone who reaches Tier 15 would be stuck there for the next 3 episodes

Ownzer2 #9 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 06:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 27192 battles

Would someone be able to provide a quick breakdown of which 5 or so tier 8 non-premium vehicles would be best suited to Frontline? I don't have the Progetto 46 unfortunately, and am aware that this is probably among the best/favorite ones to use. I will be grinding towards some of the better ones if I don't already have them. Also, are there any to avoid?

Also, which would be the best top 3 tier 8 premiums to use? Thanks in advance!

M1A5 #10 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 17:31

Private

• Players
  • 23236 battles
  • [DEMI] DEMI

WG, 

Frontline was perfect last year.

The way it was spread out through the entire year allowed us to play we could and still have a chance at the rewards. 

The boosters were also a great addition so if we weren't able to play you could catch up by purchasing boosters.

Only 4 episodes this year is going to make the game pretty boring for me. 

Very disappointed. 

Edited by M1A5, Feb 14 2020 - 18:13.

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #11 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 42695 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP
WG has a knack for taking things that it's players like and enjoy and making them worse.

_LT__ #12 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 19:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10827 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

Not loving the following:  Having Steel Hunter rammed down my throat.

Only Tier 9 tanks for rewards.  They could of put a few Tier 8 tanks in there which are more useful.

lowering the rewards at each level completed.  Frontline was a important moneymaker for me, enabling me to easily accomplish goals with research and acquiring tanks.

Reducing the availability of playing Frontline, I actually enjoy playing that mode more than pubs.  I feel like I'm doing something productive lol

SquishySupreme #13 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 20:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4030 battles
Bounce missions are horrendous as they encourage lemming type play.  It should be something based on assisting in capturing the objectives.  No cap - kill all on a capture mission should net 0xp as well.  But we get things like wallow in in a heavy with a spall liner, block a pile of damage, profit?

Nobody wants T9 tanks so much as more tanks for the game mode.  That was what was awesome last year.  Without the resets, you could slowly grind up and at least end up with a free T8 tank at the end.
Now it's "Sorry comrade, you got to level 13? Try again."

Less rewards.  Lots less.  For a company that is making pixels and tens of millions of dollars a year in profits, they are absolutely some of the stingiest Scrooges ( only word I could think of that would possibly pass the filter here ) that I have come across.   Bonus missions for bonds is horrid as well.  Last year's reward structure was perfect, or close it it.  

But as usual, all they care about is what their middle management says about monetizing every last aspect of the game:

- Faster matches via lopsided MM.
- Harder grinding to accomplish anything.
- No free gold - rewards all require lots of time sunk into them.
- Ammo changes that require you to shoot more gold ammo and more shells in general.

Same people who came up with the Puerto Rico fiasco.  Impossible grinds, huge time sink, and in the end it feels like work and not one bit fun.

Even Blizzard is not as focused on extracting every last Kopek/Yen/Penny/etc out of the poor players, and they are famous for worshiping their bottom line.  But I guess there must be a lot of unemployed people who have nothing better to do playing their game in Russia, because it sure seems as if these events require you to spend 8-10 hours a day as of late.

SquishySupreme #14 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4030 battles

View PostOwnzer2, on Feb 14 2020 - 06:46, said:

Would someone be able to provide a quick breakdown of which 5 or so tier 8 non-premium vehicles would be best suited to Frontline? I don't have the Progetto 46 unfortunately, and am aware that this is probably among the best/favorite ones to use. I will be grinding towards some of the better ones if I don't already have them. Also, are there any to avoid?

Also, which would be the best top 3 tier 8 premiums to use? Thanks in advance!

The top 3 are premiums out-perform the others by a wide margin.
1: EBR-90 (LT 432 would be a good 2nd choice)
2: Progetto 
3: Skorpion G ( STRV would be a good 2nd choice )

The closest equivalents to #2 and #3 are what's recommended. 

Heavies:  Tech tree models are generally not recommended as they are slow and the maps are large.  The faster the game gets, the more they are HP pinatas with so many wide open spaces.  The few exceptions appear to be Russian and their Chinese clones, as expected.

Medium tanks:
A fast medium with an autoloader, dual barrels(!), OP armor, or some other gimmick.   I will have to wait for the upcoming HP/ammo/tech tree changes which will drop about the same time to know what is better, but generally, faster more agile mediums and autoloaders, anything Russian.  75% of their player base is in Russia and they, like the U.S. are in the middle of a 20+ year media swarm that has them on top, them inventing everything first, and them eventually owning the planet.  The nationalism bubble is huge and they cater to their main source of money.   

So yes, the game is now a Russian game with other nations allowed to be in the party.  If you want the equivalent of Russian OP, just pay money for a premium.
For reference, go play America's Army for similar levels of "Our side is of COURSE the best and everything else is a bunch of try-hards".   You just have to accept that the game is dominated by Russian "some guy drew this on a piece of paper" tanks to cater to their core player-base's voracious appetite. 

Light tanks: Premium scouts, all of them.  Nothing in the normal tech tree is worth it here.  (see below for scouting)  Anything with an autoloader is generally preferred.  

TDs: Most TDs in Frontline are actually doing the spotting when OP mediums with scout-level view range are not able to do so.

Two normal tech tree TDs stand out, the UDES 03, and the Rhm B WT - because they are two of the closest tanks to the Skorpion G and STRV.  The downside is that the UDES has no armor and the WT is slower.  But the guns and major specs are very close.  These two are my TD mainstays.  Everything else is unfortunately premiums I've obtained over the last year and a half, like by M41 GF "black dog" from last year's Black Market event, and and EVEN 90 since it was about $22 on sale.(best credit maker I have, due to the nearly free ammo cost and repair bill based on its tiny size.)

Lastly, do Twitch Prime if you have Amazon Prime.  You will get a good medium T7 tank and rentals/trials every month.  Just wait until FL is starting to redeem it each month - then you have 14 days to play with it and/or 40 or 50 battles in whatever 2-3 T8 tanks they are promoting.  Then a good discount on it as well if you like it.   Right now they have the EVEN 90 and Lorraine 40T (care package Mike) - for a few days.  Do these now and you'll have a coupon for both that will stick around in your premium shop area for at least 60 days. And they are fine tanks for FL.  Also do the tank reward missions to get the 20% or so off coupon - there are lots of tanks that drop into the $20-$30 range after the coupon.

As for spending money, unless you want it NOW, wait - they always have a big sale for FL episode #1.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Feb 14 2020 - 21:31.

Hawk_Eye4077 #15 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 08:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 20817 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

There are many things about this I like and many I dislike.

Cutting down the amount of ranks - Good!  This will remove the grind.  We shall see how much they cut down.

Trying to make it better for heavy tanks - Good!  Diversity of tank types will help with gameplay.

Still haven't added immunity to air attacks - Meh.  Adding this to inspire could be a good move.

Allowing people to get boosts from getting certain ranks - Mixed.  I think the people who need them the most might not rank up as much as others.  Let's see how it goes.

Not being able to progress multiple stages in one week - Very, very bad.**

Having progress reset - Bad.  This essentially makes time invested a sunk cost. 

Adding Steel Hunt - *shrug* I played a few rounds last year, won one.  Never felt compelled to play it again.

If you feel that you must have people play both modes, I strongly suggest having both modes at the same time.  You can at least test this during the initial episodes.  This will allow people to jump back and forth between modes without getting bored and making progress in both.

**Last year, there was a death in the family during one of the frontline weeks.  I didn't care about tanks.  There was only one thing to do, and that was see to the needs of my family.  I was very happy when boosters showed up later in the year, as I was able to get all the rewards.  Gating the rewards to a given week, regardless of how much you have cut the time requirement, is completely the wrong move.  Life happens, and it will always be more important than pixels. 

If people feel that trying to get the rewards is too frustrating, either from the time gating system, the progress resetting, or being forced to play certain modes, they will stop playing the modes altogether.  Or they won't have fun.  Neither is desirable. 

The suggestions above should be workable.  I hope they help.  Take care.

Ownzer2 #16 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 11:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 27192 battles
Thanks Squishy. Some useful information that I hadn't thought about.

rawdawg13 #17 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 11:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9682 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Feb 14 2020 - 17:06, said:

WG has a knack for taking things that it's players like and enjoy and making them worse.

Sad, but this is true

DrWho_ #18 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 13:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 28074 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 13 2020 - 18:51, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Some things to note. 

Prestige is not going to be a thing and is getting replaced by tokens.

For more information on the event click HERE

Here is another entry brought to you by From the Forge. 

Artist- imaginary_zinger

You get an upvote for The Duck

nats_2020 #19 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 05:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 465 battles

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Feb 14 2020 - 18:06, said:

agree WGA is planing to kill this game , no more  players with life only WOT adicts - ie narrow group  ( players with life spend  more $ for game not   WOT adits with no purchase power.

TakenByTheGreys #20 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 31738 battles
  • [GREYZ] GREYZ

I wonder if WOT is going to change their name, just like they are changing everything else in the game..It would seem a good new name for WOT ..would be "Boeing"...

The name says it all...as it goes down in flames..Just a thought..

I do not see this new set up working..but time will tell..

Also tagged with KRZY, Frontline, Details, free stuff

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users