Jump to content


- - - - -

Dawn of Industry Feedback request


  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:05

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,373
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Since the last thread isn't really relevant anymore, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll actually happen this time, let's get another Dawn of Industry feedback thread going.

Please leave your feedback for Dawn of Industry below.

 

If you will excuse me I will be having some adult beverages to calm the nerves  praying that it goes off without a hitch this time <3

 

 


Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 13 2020 - 22:08.


That1Villain #2 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28106 battles
  • 1,093
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015
Anyone want to bet first games get delayed?

DomoSapien #3 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:17

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,373
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostThat1Villain, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:14, said:

Anyone want to bet first games get delayed?



No! none of that! Positive thinking! We will manifest a stable launch with our thoughts and prayers ;) 



brunosdad #4 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9188 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    12-26-2013
OK no betting, how about a poll??

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 75741 battles
  • 24,251
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Between the BM ( appropriately initialed even after "a few days" ) and the sandbox server feedback threads the folks at WG should be full.

DomoSapien #6 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:35

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,373
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View Postheavymetal1967, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:30, said:

Between the BM ( appropriately initialed even after "a few days" ) and the sandbox server feedback threads the folks at WG should be full.


Best part is it's my job to compile all of those so I will be crying and hugging a tub of Haagen Dahs while working on the reports with "Careless Whisper" by George Michaels playing in the background

View Postbrunosdad, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:20, said:

OK no betting, how about a poll??

 

So, I was kinda on the fence about a poll since our forum polling tools aren't very functional and generally don't get a large sample size. I'm thinking of just going through all the comments, summarizing them into general points and then gauging the volume of feedback for each point. Maybe I could make another survey like I did for Ranked Battles (without the glaring red font this time, promise <3) and have folks fill it out after the campaign?



Cowcat137 #7 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:36

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15852 battles
  • 7,620
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
I was disappointed to encounter a site  that offers WoT Boosting  (Just look at my stats- I don't boost) which had a banner up that all of their Dawn of Industry slots were full and no more could be taken.  So I fear we'll all be competing against East European paid unicoms.  Does Wargaming try to prevent this ?  I don't expect details on methods- just wondering if they do take any counter measures.

Casual_Boops #8 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 37783 battles
  • 1,770
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015
How are the devs still having issues with this event? This is not that must different from any of the other CW events that have happened every 7-9 months for the last like... 8 years?

bondushtika #9 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34799 battles
  • 108
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011
Well the BM was a bigger disappointment than I am to my family, and the dawn of industry has tiny 7 and 8pm time zones. why? and can we implement rules to if your clan owns land on the elite front you can keep milking the lower clans by still being able to farm the basic front? its a bit ridiculous

Casual_Boops #10 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:38

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 37783 battles
  • 1,770
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:36, said:

I was disappointed to encounter a site  that offers WoT Boosting  (Just look at my stats- I don't boost) which had a banner up that all of their Dawn of Industry slots were full and no more could be taken.  So I fear we'll all be competing against East European paid unicoms.  Does Wargaming try to prevent this ?  I don't expect details on methods- just wondering if they do take any counter measures.

 

How would you, as a developer, stop someone from logging in at a new location? That's the only way to tell technically speaking, and if I get a new computer or a new router or something it would look the same way. There aren't good ways to stop it from the POV of the person paying for the service. 



Cowcat137 #11 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15852 battles
  • 7,620
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View PostCasual_Boops, on Feb 13 2020 - 22:38, said:

 

How would you, as a developer, stop someone from logging in at a new location? That's the only way to tell technically speaking, and if I get a new computer or a new router or something it would look the same way. There aren't good ways to stop it from the POV of the person paying for the service. 

I don't know, that's why I asked. The answer may well be : "we can't".


Edited by Cowcat137, Feb 13 2020 - 22:44.


Atragon #12 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 46132 battles
  • 5,666
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012

 

WG says that they can not balance the reward tanks because there are not enough games played in them. Then make more available for auction or to earn by rank. Lets get more into the player base so more accurate statistics can be had for a balancing decision.

 

The 150 added is a start.


Edited by Atragon, Feb 13 2020 - 22:44.


heavymetal1967 #13 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 75741 battles
  • 24,251
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 13 2020 - 16:35, said:


Best part is it's my job to compile all of those so I will be crying and hugging a tub of Haagen Dahs while working on the reports with "Careless Whisper" by George Michaels playing in the background

 

 

Don't forget...

 

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 13 2020 - 16:05, said:

 

If you will excuse me I will be having some adult beverages to calm the nerves  praying that it goes off without a hitch this time <3

 

 

 

Speaking of...

 

Now we know what's in that avatar's coffee cup.  And it's likely HQ approved.

 

 

Not on the rug man!  :P

 

Nice cover

 



cloudwalkr #14 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 22:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 56849 battles
  • 6,528
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 13 2020 - 22:35, said:


Best part is it's my job to compile all of those so I will be crying and hugging a tub of Haagen Dahs while working on the reports with "Careless Whisper" by George Michaels playing in the background

 

So, I was kinda on the fence about a poll since our forum polling tools aren't very functional and generally don't get a large sample size. I'm thinking of just going through all the comments, summarizing them into general points and then gauging the volume of feedback for each point. Maybe I could make another survey like I did for Ranked Battles (without the glaring red font this time, promise <3) and have folks fill it out after the campaign?

 

To be honest, that was one of the better surveys I've been given to fill out.  Even if it did make my eyes bleed at first ;)

 

Through all the complaining I do, I hope you're having a good day.



SuperJaws100 #15 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 23:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19492 battles
  • 1,537
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 13 2020 - 16:17, said:



No! none of that! Positive thinking! We will manifest a stable launch with our thoughts and prayers ;) 

 

"Thoughts and prayers"... right, cause those work so well



Wolffe_Commander #16 Posted Feb 13 2020 - 23:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6003 battles
  • 70
  • [H_F] H_F
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015
Are the horrid lag and ping spikes fixed on NA yet? I literally cant play the game, or Im a liability to my team, and I dont want to do that to my clan. Is it your end or the winter storm's fault?

DomoSapien #17 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 00:14

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,373
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:36, said:

I was disappointed to encounter a site  that offers WoT Boosting  (Just look at my stats- I don't boost) which had a banner up that all of their Dawn of Industry slots were full and no more could be taken.  So I fear we'll all be competing against East European paid unicoms.  Does Wargaming try to prevent this ?  I don't expect details on methods- just wondering if they do take any counter measures.

It's kinda tricky to prove. In theory yes if we can prove it we will take action, there are serverside data pulls but for sanctions to be issued we need to have pretty conclusive evidence. A drastic change in IP's could be a simple case of account sharing which, while it will prevent you from getting any assistance from Customer Support with any account hack inquiries, is technically not expressly forbidden in the ToS. 

So tldr yes if you have some convincing evidence please report it and we'll do the best we can to investigate.

View Postheavymetal1967, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:44, said:

 

Don't forget...

 

 

Speaking of...

 

Now we know what's in that avatar's coffee cup.  And it's likely HQ approved.

 

 

Not on the rug man!  :P

 

Nice cover

 

lol! On a typical day no but when 

View Postcloudwalkr, on Feb 13 2020 - 15:47, said:

 

To be honest, that was one of the better surveys I've been given to fill out.  Even if it did make my eyes bleed at first ;)

 

Through all the complaining I do, I hope you're having a good day.

It's been alright! I've been working on my Black Market feedback report which has been a little bit soul-crushing but otherwise doing good :)

View PostSuperJaws100, on Feb 13 2020 - 16:27, said:

"Thoughts and prayers"... right, cause those work so well

Well there isn't too much else we can immediately do since our server engineers aren't in Austin so, doing what we can <3

 

View PostWolffe_Commander, on Feb 13 2020 - 16:55, said:

Are the horrid lag and ping spikes fixed on NA yet? I literally cant play the game, or Im a liability to my team, and I dont want to do that to my clan. Is it your end or the winter storm's fault?

When was the last time you played? I know there were some fixes that went up last week but I was still seeing some scattered reports of packet loss.

Submit a ticket to CS and they will run some connection diagnostics, the more data we get, the better.


Edited by DomoSapien, Feb 14 2020 - 00:16.


ThatTrafficCone #18 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 01:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43615 battles
  • 144
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011
Is there some kind of interface for players to use and see their fame points, manage their bonuses, etc. like previous campaigns have had? I don't see anything to access such a place from the global map.

Nacho71AR #19 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 02:22

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 32185 battles
  • 35
  • [GLAD-] GLAD-
  • Member since:
    03-04-2017
Dawn of Industry will not open on my WoT Client. Last version. Did integrity check. Clicking does nothing. No mods.

seba____ #20 Posted Feb 14 2020 - 02:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 34131 battles
  • 93
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    03-28-2014
workshop won't load, RIP boosters  :(




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users