3 tiered MM all D)@9ing day!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 02:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

I played about 50 games today and over 20 were just YOLO and die as fast as possible hoping for single or double tier matches the next game.  This is a GAME.  It is supposed to be fun.

Christojojo #2 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 02:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35622 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

What exactly are you saying?

Are you saying you deliberately entered a game and rushed out and died?

That you quickly died and it was fun?

Or did you rush out and die because you didn't get the mm set up you wanted?

Or was it that 20 out of 50 matches had too many yolo idiots out there that ruined the fun.

Please clarify.

Tedsc #3 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 02:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Feb 15 2020 - 02:12, said:

What exactly are you saying?

Are you saying you deliberately entered a game and rushed out and died?

That you quickly died and it was fun?

Or did you rush out and die because you didn't get the mm set up you wanted?

Or was it that 20 out of 50 matches had too many yolo idiots out there that ruined the fun.

Please clarify.

No, I am saying I hit the battle button hoping for the best but if the game has no potential to be fun then I "play aggressively".  If that results in getting killed early then I am releases to the garage and get to roll the dice again and hope it isn't yet another 3 tiered battle.

Tedsc #4 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

View PostTedsc, on Feb 15 2020 - 02:15, said:

No, I am saying I hit the battle button hoping for the best but if the game has no potential to be fun then I "play aggressively".  If that results in getting killed early then I am releases to the garage and get to roll the dice again and hope it isn't yet another 3 tiered battle.

I tried trying again and lost 6 in a row, 5 of them 3 tiered battles...  Back to PLAYING AGGRESSIVELY.

Isola_di_Fano #5 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 02:55

Major

• Players
  • 24944 battles

So you deliberately hurt your team by rushing to die ?

You are awesome ... not ...

Tedsc #6 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Feb 15 2020 - 02:55, said:

So you deliberately hurt your team by rushing to die ?

You are awesome ... not ...

It is a game man.  It is supposed to be fun.  If it isn't fun I feel no obligation to be miserable for 10 minutes instead of 2.  WG knows 3 tiered battles suck A$$ and that dog crap excuse about server population is pure $h!t because I get single tier battles on the regular at 4AM when server population is crazy thin.  

dunniteowl #7 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 03:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

When you hit, "Battle!" you are not getting an agreement to get:

The MM tiering you want

The Map you want

The Team Distribution you want

All it means when YOU hit, "Battle!" is that YOU are agreeing that YOU are ready to take what comes.  That YOU are ready to play.

Anything else is nothing more than expectations in your head, because hitting, "Battle!" only says, YOU are ready to play.  YOU don't get to place the conditions on it.  Now if YOU don't like that, then YOU should NOT hit, "Battle!"

I can't make it any simpler than that.  The game is the game and it's not about You.  

As to your frustration, well, I can empathize, however, I would NOT go out and YOLO just to get out of a match I didn't like.  Instead, I'm going to do my best, because I still want to be able to respect me afterwards.  This may not be how you see it and I can respect that.  I cannot, in good conscience, though, provide you more than what I have already.  I do not agree that the game revolves about what, exactly we want in each match.  It's like turning that little dial on that little goodies and candy machine where you really have no idea what's going to show up in that hopper.  You turn the dial and what you get is what you get.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Tedsc #8 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 03:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Feb 15 2020 - 03:17, said:

When you hit, "Battle!" you are not getting an agreement to get:

The MM tiering you want

The Map you want

The Team Distribution you want

All it means when YOU hit, "Battle!" is that YOU are agreeing that YOU are ready to take what comes.  That YOU are ready to play.

Anything else is nothing more than expectations in your head, because hitting, "Battle!" only says, YOU are ready to play.  YOU don't get to place the conditions on it.  Now if YOU don't like that, then YOU should NOT hit, "Battle!"

I can't make it any simpler than that.  The game is the game and it's not about You.  

As to your frustration, well, I can empathize, however, I would NOT go out and YOLO just to get out of a match I didn't like.  Instead, I'm going to do my best, because I still want to be able to respect me afterwards.  This may not be how you see it and I can respect that.  I cannot, in good conscience, though, provide you more than what I have already.  I do not agree that the game revolves about what, exactly we want in each match.  It's like turning that little dial on that little goodies and candy machine where you really have no idea what's going to show up in that hopper.  You turn the dial and what you get is what you get.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

If it were 10 - 20% of the battles (like is the norm post MM re-balance last time around) I would try my best and power through.  But upwards of %60 of my battles today were 3 tiered battles.  If they aren't going to bother to show the players a good time I feel ZERO obligation to either.  I am not agreeing to anything when I hit battle other than I am ready to play a game.  I may have already sunk my money into premium time but I do NOT have to give up my valuable playing time on a VERY sub standard experience!  I do not go AFK and I do not exit back to the garage.  I just go forward very aggressively shooting what I spot.  Basically I put about as much effort into making it a good game as WG did...

Edited by Tedsc, Feb 15 2020 - 03:52.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 03:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I hope I never have you on my team, then.  You do you, though, it seems to be working out so far as an enjoyable experience for you.

Me?  When I have a bad day and log off in disgust?  I can remember doing that three times at less than 10 battles.  The days I have fun?  I can remember three times I didn't.

Maybe it's the way we approach the game that makes the difference?

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 05:17

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

This thread smells a bit like typical quitter philosophy... "If y'all don't play the way I want to, I'll take my ball and go home !"

The world is already full of quitters.

Don't be one.

Tedsc #11 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 49279 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 15 2020 - 05:17, said:

This thread smells a bit like typical quitter philosophy... "If y'all don't play the way I want to, I'll take my ball and go home !"

The world is already full of quitters.

Don't be one.

No its bate and switch MM.  When you get people to spend money on premium time with the demonstrated expectation of 10-20% unpleasant battles.  After taking their money you switch to 50-60% 3 tiered battles that is BATE AND SWITCH!

InappropriateHandHolding #12 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 16:55

Captain

• Players
  • 39357 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostTedsc, on Feb 15 2020 - 03:12, said:

It is a game man.  It is supposed to be fun.  If it isn't fun I feel no obligation to be miserable for 10 minutes instead of 2.  WG knows 3 tiered battles suck A$$ and that dog crap excuse about server population is pure $h!t because I get single tier battles on the regular at 4AM when server population is crazy thin.  

Doing that you are breaking wg eula I'll be sure to send these screen shots of your admissions to wg

Weslinator #13 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 17:08

Captain

• Players
  • 8845 battles

Block Quote

I played about 50 games today and over 20 were just YOLO and die as fast as possible hoping for single or double tier matches the next game.  This is a GAME.  It is supposed to be fun.

1. If you are getting frustrated, then take a break from the game

2. Its a game, have fun even if you lose, yeah, losing sucks, it's a way of life

3. Not everythings fair

4. It doesn't matter the matchup, just do your best in what you got

5. stop being a whiner, we can't do nothing about it 

dunniteowl #14 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Triggered Tanking is NEVER going to be a Fun Experience.

Time to take a break.

Playing like crap on purpose WON'T do anything for you other than to make it WORSE.

Can't add any more to what I first posted other than this.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users