Wot Mac Wrapper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheLatinoSerg #1 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 09:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 2130 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7
So far from reading other peoples forums I gathered that after you update you mac to Catalina, World of Tanks client / Game Center stops working because MacOS Catalina does not support anything that runs 32bit systems now. Since you are on Mac you use a wrapper to play the game and it is only available as 32 bit so Mac players can run the game. No you can't change it to 64 bit since you are on a Mac, graphics or SD and HD has nothing to do with it, or storage it is just the update to your Mac system that is the issue. As of now or since I checked on Feb 15 there is no solutions other than literally going back before MacOS Catalina to play the game meaning you will lose data and even then it will be a worse playing experience. World of Tanks is not to blame and from what I see on other forums they do not handle Mac Updates. This is handled by Codeweavers. Yes they know this is an issue and have talked a bit about it and are on the case trying to find a way to help those who play on Macs.

TheLatinoSerg #2 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 09:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 2130 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7
If anyone hears that this issue has been fixed please leave a comment so I know when to reinstall the game. I am just waiting for an Update and I know it will take a while it isn't easy.

Wanderjar #3 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 13:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30477 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
even in twain or bootcamp?

obviously parallels wouldn't work either

Edited by Wanderjar, Feb 15 2020 - 13:07.

black_colt #4 Posted Yesterday, 05:19 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 5180 battles

View PostTheLatinoSerg, on Feb 15 2020 - 00:06, said:

So far from reading other peoples forums I gathered that after you update you mac to Catalina, World of Tanks client / Game Center stops working because MacOS Catalina does not support anything that runs 32bit systems now. Since you are on Mac you use a wrapper to play the game and it is only available as 32 bit so Mac players can run the game. No you can't change it to 64 bit since you are on a Mac, graphics or SD and HD has nothing to do with it, or storage it is just the update to your Mac system that is the issue. As of now or since I checked on Feb 15 there is no solutions other than literally going back before MacOS Catalina to play the game meaning you will lose data and even then it will be a worse playing experience. World of Tanks is not to blame and from what I see on other forums they do not handle Mac Updates. This is handled by Codeweavers. Yes they know this is an issue and have talked a bit about it and are on the case trying to find a way to help those who play on Macs.

Most of what you state is incorrect and misleading - I and many other are able to play World of Tanks on macOS Catalina including the Public Beta except for a brief time when the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper was unavailable [late 2019].  Just checked this morning on macOS Catalina and the garage appears as expected.

The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper runs and allows you to install and play World of Tanks.  There is no need to change to 64-bit as both the Game Center and the World of Tanks apps are 64-bit.

Not sure where you are checking but I and others have posted solutions for macOS Catalina in other threads on this Forum.

Here is one to save you the trouble of reading/looking at those threads:

If you click on the following link you will be taken to a webpage containing several scripts from CodeWeavers.  Enter oem in the field and then click on [Unlock]

https://www.codeweav...mecenter-na.dmg

Save the wargaminggamecenter-na.dmg.  In the same browser window click on Wargaming-Center-delete-script.zip and download.

NOTE: The following steps will completely delete the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper and you will need to reinstall.  The WG Game Center Mac Wrapper is very sensitive on how you delete it. I have found that the CodeWeavers script is the most reliable way to do this.

Next copy any replays from the replays folders to your desktop [or other location]

~/library/Application Support/Wargaming Game Center/Bottles/wargaminggamecenter64/drive_c/Games/replays

~/library/Application Support/Wargaming Game Center/Bottles/wargaminggamecenter64/drive_c/Games/replays/World_of_Tanks_NA_replays

Next extract the Wargaming-Center-delete-script.zip file.  After the file is decompressed hold down the [control] key and click on the Wargaming Center delete script.app.  You will be presented with a screen asking if you want to open. Click on [Open] and let the script execute.  The script will ask you to perform some actions after it is finished.  Perform those actions.

Reinstall the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper from the wargamingcenter-na.dmg you downloaded - OR - you can go to the World of Tanks webpage and download.  Do not use any previous DMGs.

If you are still experiencing issues raise an Expert Support Ticket with CodeWeavers.

Other Issues with the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper that were not present in the WoT Mac Wrapper:

Inability to play/run replays - this is because Wargaming uses a 32-bit version of World of Tanks to run the replays for compatibility with 32-bit MS Windows systems.

Inability to use an MS Windows installer for Mod Packs - this is because MS uses a 32-bit installer [even when installing on 64-bit MS Windows] to avoid compatibility issues

You must install World of Tanks through the Game Center.  Wargaming will not allow you to import World of Tanks on macOS through the Game Center

Solution:

Install 64-bit MS Windows through Boot Camp.  MS allows you to download an MS Windows 10 iso file.  Boot Camp uses that file to install MS Windows.  Additionally you can run MS Windows for 30 days without the Activation notifications appearing.  You can still run MS Windows 10 without activating but you cannot personalize it.  If you want to purchase I recommend that you look at the several websites that sell activation codes.  You can run World of Tanks in a 128GB partition but I recommend 256GB as the minimum.

Virtualization software does not provide good performance but if you want to run then I recommend Parallels as they have incorporated APIs that leverage Metal.  I find that Parallels runs about 20 percent slower than the WG Game Center Mac Wrapper and about 50 percent slower than booting into MS Windows.

Edited by black_colt, Yesterday, 11:18 PM.

black_colt #5 Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 5180 battles

View PostTheLatinoSerg, on Feb 15 2020 - 00:07, said:

If anyone hears that this issue has been fixed please leave a comment so I know when to reinstall the game. I am just waiting for an Update and I know it will take a while it isn't easy.

I have posted a solution in #4 in this thread.

Also tagged with Wot Mac Wrapper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

taawa_4