Strongholds Tier VI Tanks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

xXTheGameAceXx #1 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13002 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

So I joined a clan again to see if I could get a better experience than the first time around. Of course, it's been long enough that I have absolutely no clue what's considered "meta" for any of the tiers. Clan is focused currently on Tier VI strongholds though, so my question is what tanks are typically "meta" for Tier VI? I'd be interested in hearing for VIII and X as well, but primarily VI right now.

Current selection that I have:

*M44

*SU-100 (not fully upgraded yet, but absolutely fantastic crew)

*KV-2

*AMX 12t (female 3-skill crew)

*AMX 13 F3 AM (I know there's definitely no reason to use this, especially over an M44)

*HT No. VI (I hate it with a passion in randbats at least)

*Hellcat (Part of the crew is now in my T30 though)

*T-50-2 (Untouched still)

*FV304

*O-I (crew is messy and currently just houses extra crew members)

*SU-100Y

*Chi-To (Unexpectedly enjoying this tank more lately, after a nearly 3K damage match at bottom tier. Seems to perform well against same-tier mediums.)

Any of these worthwhile to use? As I recall, I believe I mostly used to run my AMX 12t. Chi-To seems like a solid choice (slower than a Crom, but higher HP, armor, and RoF) from playing it a bit now. 100Y with gold rounds I could potentially see having some use too.

CDNTankerjoe #2 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 19:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 79797 battles
  • [BMF] BMF
croms and t-34-85 s used to be the ticket,  but what the heck do I know 

Drewinator1260 #3 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 20:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 12754 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

Hi GameAce, welcome to the clan!

As a member of _WOO_, we tend to lean towards all medium tanks with 1 scout (typically a type 64) in strongholds.  We tend to shift directions during the battle and jump on out of position/isolated vehicles, so heavies, arty, and TDs (especially casemate) are usually not ideal.  Below is a list of some of the better options for strongholds for our clans typical style of play.

Cromwell / Cromwell B

T-34/85 / T-34/85M

M4A3E8 Thunderbolt

Pudel/Bret Panther

Skoda T25 (We don't usually run this, but its a good option and I have one in my garage just in case)

Type 64 (Best scout for tier 6)

T21 (Has same view range as Type 64, but not the same combat capability, so Type 64 is better if you can get it)

I recently went through the Japenese medium line and I too liked the Chi-To.  Its a bit like a less armored Panther.  I'd say its probably your best choice at the moment until you nab some of the other options.  The hellcat is a possibility too as its fast enough to keep up, but a medium tank is probably better since you can fire on the move better and can't be circle strafed to death.

SporkBoy #4 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 53561 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Moderately well organized clans will publish a list of preferred tanks.

xXTheGameAceXx #5 Posted Feb 15 2020 - 23:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13002 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

View PostCDNTankerjoe, on Feb 15 2020 - 13:38, said:

croms and t-34-85 s used to be the ticket,  but what the heck do I know 

Still good tanks. Last time I did strongholds, I used to see them all over.

View PostDrewinator1260, on Feb 15 2020 - 14:32, said:

Hi GameAce, welcome to the clan!

As a member of _WOO_, we tend to lean towards all medium tanks with 1 scout (typically a type 64) in strongholds.  We tend to shift directions during the battle and jump on out of position/isolated vehicles, so heavies, arty, and TDs (especially casemate) are usually not ideal.  Below is a list of some of the better options for strongholds for our clans typical style of play.

Cromwell / Cromwell B

T-34/85 / T-34/85M

M4A3E8 Thunderbolt

Pudel/Bret Panther

Skoda T25 (We don't usually run this, but its a good option and I have one in my garage just in case)

Type 64 (Best scout for tier 6)

T21 (Has same view range as Type 64, but not the same combat capability, so Type 64 is better if you can get it)

I recently went through the Japenese medium line and I too liked the Chi-To.  Its a bit like a less armored Panther.  I'd say its probably your best choice at the moment until you nab some of the other options.  The hellcat is a possibility too as its fast enough to keep up, but a medium tank is probably better since you can fire on the move better and can't be circle strafed to death.

Gotcha.

View PostSporkBoy, on Feb 15 2020 - 15:00, said:

Moderately well organized clans will publish a list of preferred tanks.

I'm really meaning like what are the most commonly used tanks that are universally used, not necessarily clan-specific.

subweevil #6 Posted Feb 16 2020 - 01:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37882 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
Love running my Type 64 or Thunderbolt.  Thunderbolt is a bit slow, but gets some amazing bounces and has nice DPM.  Cromwell B is also a solid choice as well, although the gun bloom, even with a kitted out tank and crew is still horrendous and lets me down way to much.

Also tagged with Strongholds, Tier VI, Tanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users