• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:28

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 9968 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the New Balance test!  Some big changes have been made as a result of your feedback.  Click through to the article for the full details and let us know what you think below.

Too long; didn't read

• Shell type changes for all vehicles as tested are canceled for now, will be reworked
  • Tech Tree simplification will go through, ALL removed vehicles will be available in Collectors' tab in store for credits.
  • Lower tier durability boost will remain

Cheers,

CM

KiltedAmerican #2 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Eggsellent, Smithers

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48507 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

The T49 LIVES ON!   Hallelujah!  The butts of my enemies shall continue to fear my 49!

However, low tier derps are still problematic and need rework desperately. 

Edited by _Tsavo_, Feb 19 2020 - 16:39.

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 38648 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

EXCELLENT NEWS!!  

Seriously, this makes me VERY happy to hear.  I'm glad those Russians made all the right complaints!!

__WarChild__

The_Pink_Panther #5 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 86 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
In other words: What we tried to screw up can't be screwed up much more.  We've already done the maximum amount of damage to this game that we can and we think we need to go back to the basics first.

SgtFtKnox #6 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51088 battles
  • [FATED] FATED
Just think its funny. The sandbox server updates then it won't let me in, the server is down.:trollface:

sahmlockhart #7 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:52

Captain

• Players
  • 44532 battles

congratz, you will remove vehicles to the 'collectible' tab and they will have no choice in guns... i.e. you can't choose the derp or 75mm for the hetzer... it's defaulted to 'elite' or top configuration....

bunch of philistine monkeys...

_W4RChief_ #8 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18827 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I enjoyed the updates and the russians on the server were very helpful.:harp:  So do we still get the pretty badge for completion of the missions. haven't seen a survey yet.:medal:

EDIT: From what I've been hearing and seeing only the top clans and players have received the survey (so far). Yet WGing has all the info they need to come to a conclusion. Fantastic. just give me the rewards.

https://imgur.com/a/I7Topn0

Edited by _W4RChief_, Feb 19 2020 - 20:45.

black_irish666 #9 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3590 battles
     My game center crapthe bed, can't log in or play any title...:(

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 76971 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Key bits - at least to me as mileage may vary. :P

That highlighting at the end went wonky and I can't fix it. :P

Really TL/DR version; HE pen NOT getting removed.  Arty changes on hold.  ALL vehicles removed from the tech tree will be available for credits when they go through with their tech tree removal (and EXPLICITLY confirmed tech tree removal only).  HP increases going forward.  Collectible vehicle changes moving forward.  Unclear on the promotional vehicles, but again they will also be available for credits when and IF they are removed from the tree. 

Block Quote

Feedback, Questions, Doubts

Changes to HE Shells

Players correctly noted the new mechanics of causing damage with HE shells were incomprehensible and unpredictable, which means the implementation of this idea did not achieve the desired effect. It was also a mistake to remove penetration from the HE shell parameters.

We wanted to rework the mechanics of causing damage with HE shells and some specific parameters of this shell type.

SPG Rebalance

The tested SPG rebalance makes sense only in conjunction with the shell rebalance. We’ll return to the SPG rebalance once a new solution for the shell rebalance is crafted.

One thing is certain: Armor-piercing shells ended up ineffective and undesirable in the current shell paradigm.

It’s clear the new paradigm of shells and reworked HP pool of vehicles, together with the mechanics of HE shells and the SPG rebalance, require further improvement and are not ready for release in their current state.

Confirmed Hypotheses

Tech Tree Changes and Collectors' Vehicles

The Tech Tree interface became more user-friendly and transparent. A universal scheme of vehicle distribution across types inside the Tree now exists. Players don't have to start researching a new branch starting from low-Tier vehicles — sparing time, XP, and effort for those primarily interested in high-Tier machines.

Player concerns were mainly related to the vehicles moved from the Tech Tree to the Collectors' Vehicles section of the in-game Store — leading to the assumption they would disappear from the game. We assure you that’s not going to happen.

If this change is implemented into the game, these vehicles, including Tiers VI–X, will be available for purchase with Credits. Players can buy them any time after the potential update goes live thereby eliminating the rush to research these vehicles.

Increased Durability for Low-Tier Vehicles

On the Sandbox server, we increased the durability of all Tier I–VI vehicles and made the gradual increase across Tiers smoother and more consistent.

The results fully justified our expectations. Player reports showed a reduction in the cost of mistakes during battle, and low-Tier vehicles now survive longer. Conversely, the average battle duration overall comfort of playing in these vehicles also increased. We’ll specify the exact values of the HP increase as soon the data from this test is analyzed.

What's Next?

The Sandbox server shuts down today. We have plenty of statistics and player feedback, and we are waiting for the questionnaire results. Thanks for taking the time to complete it — we hope you like the reward for helping us out!

We will not release the new balance as you saw it on Sandbox. We need some time to conduct a complex analysis and understand what to change first.n.

Several solutions we implemented on the Sandbox server were spot-on, but some still need adjustment. As a result:

We’ll proceed with the durability increase for low-Tier vehicles, the update of the Tech Tree, and the implementation of Collectors' Vehicles; details are coming soon.

Other changes, including those to shells and SPGs, require a thorough review, and will not be implemented anytime soon!

We’re also keeping in mind vehicles that were supposed to be checked when the new balance test occurs. We'll be ready to talk about future steps and potential updates for all features and vehicles around mid-March.

Once again: Any global changes will not go into release without testing by players first.

Plus one CM.

From exasperation to relief.

MountainLion1 #11 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 25834 battles
I am so glad to see that Wargaming decided to scrap the HE changes, for now at least. :)

1stTanks #12 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 42862 battles

Filled out the survey and completed the missions. When do rewards hit?

Also, I'm happy with the current decision by WG. 

rockbutcher #13 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23886 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R

WOW.  Quite a reasoned response from WG for once.  I was sure the whole thing was going to get rammed down our throats.

Still not at all happy about the future versions of my Jumbo Sherman and VK30.01P though.

arunvarun #14 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33229 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN
So, do I have to grind out T-62A and JP2 or not? Will they be available to all players for same price after they're "removed" from the tech tree?

KiltedAmerican #15 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Feb 19 2020 - 10:45, said:

In other words: What we tried to screw up can't be screwed up much more.  We've already done the maximum amount of damage to this game that we can and we think we need to go back to the basics first.

Never underestimate the power of Stupid :sceptic:

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Feb 19 2020 - 18:35.

Ball_Turret #16 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6230 battles
  • [_OVO_] _OVO_

Happy HE isn't gutted and left in a shallow grave. Obviously this wont be the last time WG will try and do something like this again just gotta wait and see what other big brain scheme they cook up later or what the next set of "complaints" from RU players are.:sceptic:

For now WG you did good.

Peter_Schiavo #17 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17999 battles
I liked the more potent AP shells. I was playing the Skorpion and the T110E4 and the damage increase was very welcome.

wadprime #18 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:22

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 28475 battles
  • [FKX] FKX
Great news! I didn't get a chance to play too much on the sandbox, but the HE shell changes had me very worried. I'm glad the tech tree changes seem to be staying, though, and I'm curious as to what direction they go from here.

Tupinambis #19 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38784 battles

View Postsahmlockhart, on Feb 19 2020 - 16:52, said:

congratz, you will remove vehicles to the 'collectible' tab and they will have no choice in guns... i.e. you can't choose the derp or 75mm for the hetzer... it's defaulted to 'elite' or top configuration....

bunch of philistine monkeys...

That is factually incorrect. You can still choose different guns on the low tier collectors tanks. 

Peter_Schiavo #20 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 17:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17999 battles
I completed the survey. Overall I liked the changes. especially the increase in AP damage. When will we see the rewards?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users