Incoming! French marathon to earn a Tank for Free!

KRZY Marathon Free Tank

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 18:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4795 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

A new ancient Mecha is entering the battlefield for redemption in the fires of glorious combat!

This is premium version of the popular Bat.-Chatillon. 

For more detailed information on the challenge in which to earn it please click on the picture above. 

This Marathon runs from 21Feb until 2Mar.

Good luck to everyone out there, and if you run out of time you can knock 10 percent off the price for each stage completed.

jst2gr8 #2 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 18:32

Major

• Players
  • 73721 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Watching Skill4ltu and it seems like a pretty well balanced tank and a lot of fun too.

Qualm #3 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 18:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20616 battles

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 19 2020 - 12:32, said:

Watching Skill4ltu and it seems like a pretty well balanced tank and a lot of fun too.

He is playing the pre-nerf version.  The stats on this tank will change in the 1.8 patch.  The reload is going to 21 seconds for a 2-shot clip, for example, which seems absolutely terrible DPM for a tier 8 medium.

xrays_ #4 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 56709 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Yet another marathon that is far more work than it should be. No thanks.

These marathons used to be fun, now they are just work.

The quick math shows the non-mastery missions requires 245,000 base XP to complete the marathon, over a period of ten days. That means an average of 24,500 base XP each day of the marathon. For an "average" player, earning maybe 500 XP/match (if that's even possible for them) equates to about 50 matches per day. That works out to at least four to five hours of solid gameplay every single day. I believe this is more than should be asked for by your community. Ultimately, I realize the only goal here is to get people to spend real money to complete the missions, but these types of marathons used to be "reasonable".

So, as much as I would enjoy playing this new tank, I will not be attempting the marathon.

I will also not be spending anything, because WarGaming doesn't deserve my money.

x.

PS> Earning a Tier X CW Reward tank requires far less gameplay!

rockbutcher #5 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 24640 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R
Yep, everything as per normal.  WG is happy to sell it for $50, but they'll set the price at $100 and make people think they are happy to get a 50% discount after spending 100+ hours grinding.  If someone (you know who you are) buys the tank for $100 so much the better right?

kideks #6 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 27303 battles
  • [FPS] FPS

View Postxrays_, on Feb 19 2020 - 17:56, said:

The quick math shows the non-mastery missions requires 245,000 base XP to complete the marathon, over a period of ten days. That means an average of 24,500 base XP each day of the marathon. For an "average" player, earning maybe 500 XP/match (if that's even possible for them) equates to about 50 matches per day. That works out to at least four to five hours of solid gameplay every single day. I believe this is more than should be asked for by your community. Ultimately, I realize the only goal here is to get people to spend real money to complete the missions, but these types of marathons used to be "reasonable".

So, as much as I would enjoy playing this new tank, I will not be attempting the marathon.

I will also not be spending anything, because WarGaming doesn't deserve my money.

x.

100% agree. My wallet is closed forever for WG.

kideks #7 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 27303 battles
  • [FPS] FPS

Btw. What means  "only battles where you are one of the top XP earners on your team are counted"?

Top 1, 2,5,10?

TotalDomination6996 #8 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 700 battles

View Postkideks, on Feb 19 2020 - 19:24, said:

Btw. What means  "only battles where you are one of the top XP earners on your team are counted"?

Top 1, 2,5,10?

If theres no # it means Top #1. Not worded correctly though. Idk confusing so completely normal for wot.

Edited by TotalDomination6996, Feb 19 2020 - 19:48.

Kramah313 #9 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8162 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1

View Postkideks, on Feb 19 2020 - 19:24, said:

Top 1, 2,5,10?

Above the missions breakdown section in the section called missions for commitment it says top 10, so I assume it means that. There is a mission higher in the sequence where it seems to be top 1. I agree they need to word it better though. 

iDestroya #10 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 60818 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

View Postxrays_, on Feb 19 2020 - 12:56, said:

x.

I agree with everything you said except the PS. CW reward tank isn't accessible to average players. Average players can only get into crapclans which won't be competitive enough to earn any rewards. This one is at least "accessible" if only arduous. 

Edited by iDestroya, Feb 19 2020 - 19:54.

yruputin #11 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35101 battles
  • [HOR] HOR
The Bourrasque Challenge Missions." Commitment Mission Conditions:Earn a total 2,000 Base XP; only battles where you are one of the top XP earners on your team are counted." Please explain the " one of the top xp earners"

Edited by yruputin, Feb 19 2020 - 20:07.

rawdawg13 #12 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9833 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-

View PostQualm, on Feb 19 2020 - 17:56, said:

He is playing the pre-nerf version.  The stats on this tank will change in the 1.8 patch.  The reload is going to 21 seconds for a 2-shot clip, for example, which seems absolutely terrible DPM for a tier 8 medium.

The pre nerf version??? You give cc's & a few good players this tank to get some good youtube videos out there, so this tank gets hyped up...Then you nerf it ???  :amazed:

yruputin #13 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35101 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View Postxrays_, on Feb 19 2020 - 18:56, said:

x.

yep. the numbers won't lie

Crabalanche #14 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 57887 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
Good luck to all those out there who have no life or job. You will do just fine on this sprint, I mean marathon. Think of it as a job you have to clock into for 10 hours a day for the average player.

moogleslam #15 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 54360 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I'm going to keep really good track of my progress this time, and report back when I'm done.  I think I will exclusively play Tier X, but there's a least three missions where I expect to hit the XP requirement before the Tier X requirement.

I started picking out my tanks after deciding on a minimum battle threshold, but just for fun, I'll throw that out the window, and pick tanks with best stats, even if they have a small sample size, then update the optimal tanks as my numbers change.

Best case (unlikely) is this takes about 271 battles, but I'm probably unlikely to play that many in 10 days, so I'll be happy with a good discount.

KRZYBooP #16 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 20:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4795 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postyruputin, on Feb 19 2020 - 13:03, said:

The Bourrasque Challenge Missions." Commitment Mission Conditions:Earn a total 2,000 Base XP; only battles where you are one of the top XP earners on your team are counted." Please explain the " one of the top xp earners"

Missions for Commitment: The best option for players with a strong desire to get their hands on the Grand Prize. You must use a Tier VI–X vehicle to meet the diverse task conditions. Remember: Your result only counts if you are one of the top 10 XP earners on your team at the end of a battle, no matter whether your team wins or loses.

Chivalrous_Veteran #17 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 22:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18632 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 19 2020 - 14:54, said:

Missions for Commitment: The best option for players with a strong desire to get their hands on the Grand Prize. You must use a Tier VI–X vehicle to meet the diverse task conditions. Remember: Your result only counts if you are one of the top 10 XP earners on your team at the end of a battle, no matter whether your team wins or loses.

Thank You for verified confirmation on this confusion; a rare few players are even going to set aside time without fully knowing what the requirements actually are : now *verified* by a Wargaming Employee, we actually know now, Thank You!

- I would also add; that it is very very difficult to discern missions whenever there are two different descriptions as to which one is the accurate one.

So, even, reading the entire article does not clarify that confusion!

We would greatly appreciate more refined proof-reading of the website posts before they go up onto the website, thank you.

Edited by Chivalrous_Vet_disabled, Feb 19 2020 - 22:24.

_Brew_ #18 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 28320 battles

To heck with the Bourrasque.  Where can I get those police tanks with working sirens and lights?  I want one of those!

jadg_washtub #19 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 22:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 31823 battles

View Postxrays_, on Feb 19 2020 - 12:56, said:

x.

IMHO. True, for folks on a normal busy schedule of life this game participation math does not work. That's the first point. Second point. Do we not have enough premium tanks? Do we not have enough blueprint-never-seen-metal-or-even-battle tanks? I am in battles with large numbers of premium tanks. More so than ever. Apparently this is quite the bread and butter in dollars for WG. Which answers my question. Third, I find it unfortunate that WG will not spend time expanding this game beyond constant versions of team pvp. This is the only game I have ever played which has no non-player modes, activities and missions. Granted, they tried this a couple of times like Halloween and Homefront recently. But again, these attempts were somewhat bland vs what other games are doing, e.g. Star Wars: The Old Republic. The time they spend tweaking (not to be confused with twerking) the game attributes to balance this or that could be better spent expanding and really using their imagination. I have brought this up before and threw out several suggestions in support ticket ID#119177195, June 30, 2019. Just saying. Blessings to all.

Edited by jadg_washtub, Feb 19 2020 - 22:48.

Mathrilord #20 Posted Feb 19 2020 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 27608 battles
  • [FDDQC] FDDQC
Couldn't wait until the end of the campaign...

Edited by Mathrilord, Feb 19 2020 - 23:12.

Also tagged with KRZY, Marathon, Free, Tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users