Incoming! French marathon to earn a Tank for Free!

KRZY Marathon Free Tank

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Ta_Hun_Kwai #41 Posted Feb 22 2020 - 07:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19309 battles
REMOVE THESE GOD DAMN TANK CHALLENGE MISSONS THEY ARE KILLING THE GAME MM AND TEAMS JUST SELL THE DAMN THING

PetoskeyBill #42 Posted Feb 22 2020 - 17:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 26215 battles
Yet another impossible challenge for the average player, like me. 

Pownder #43 Posted Feb 22 2020 - 18:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54209 battles

View Postrockbutcher, on Feb 19 2020 - 12:01, said:

Yep, everything as per normal.  WG is happy to sell it for $50, but they'll set the price at $100 and make people think they are happy to get a 50% discount after spending 100+ hours grinding.  If someone (you know who you are) buys the tank for $100 so much the better right?

Yep - you nailed it. Not worth the effort, once again the brain trust at WG brain furted.

KiltedAmerican #44 Posted Feb 22 2020 - 19:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postxrays_, on Feb 20 2020 - 01:48, said:

Always remember that even by completing 6 stages of the marathon, you are playing their game (in many ways). WarGaming wants you to play the game, regardless of whether you spend money or not. I'm not saying that's bad, but just remember that playing the game is part of the goal, along with taking your money - they need players as much as they need money. So, how do they gear the marathons to get your money AND get you to play the game? This is how.

The caveat here is that the worse player you are, the more battles you will need to complete any stages of the marathon. This means that player will get frustrated sooner and spend money sooner because they have already completed a few stages.

This is good marketing... However, I still believe it's pushing people to play far too much. And far too much for an over-priced product at that. In general, every single item for sale in this game is priced at least double what it should be. I firmly believe that if the prices were half of what they are now more people (more than double) would have spent money on this game. Think about it, a Tier VIII tank costing over $60, where complete video games can be bought for that price, and they keep releasing new ones every few months. On top of every other conniving method of pulling money out of their dwindling customer base.

Look, I enjoy this game, and I've spent a good share of real money on it over the years. I believe I've received a fair value of entertainment in return for most things, but I still think it's over-priced. I play now mostly because I have made many friends, and enjoy the time online with them. But when there's a new tank released every month but no new maps in years, the reality of the situation starts to sink in; WarGaming doesn't care about improvement, they care about your money. They have a cash cow, and they're milking it until it crumbles, and then they'll move on to something else.

Remember also, if you're playing 4-5 hours a day here, you aren't playing their competitor's games!

The bottom line: Nobody playing this game needs the new tank. WarGaming wants us to believe it's something spectacular, and you will see great things from it on YouTube, but it's no different than anything else already in this game, and most likely already in your garage. If you're a great player, it will be great. If you're not, it will be bad. Don't get tricked into playing 30-40 hours and then paying $30 and thinking they've done you a favour. You've both played the game AND paid them for the experience.

But, if you really want the tank, go for it. To each his/her own.

x.

PS> Good luck to those that are attempting the marathon. You will likely be fodder for those that are not.

Well said - this applies to every tank that WG puts-up; past, present, future

heva #45 Posted Feb 22 2020 - 20:18

Private

• Players
  • 24534 battles
Hello WG,
I don't understand why the eu server gets a bigger Bourrasque bundle with more items (reserves for example) at a lower price (62 EUR) and still they give them special boost missions for the challenge. It seems they have a better chance to enjoy the vehicle...
NA content admins need to step up their game or something.
Anyways, cheers and goodluck to everyone if they are grinding.

Rumbaoux #46 Posted Feb 24 2020 - 03:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 2903 battles
Extra XP not carrying over to the next stage is BS,  WG. :sceptic:

E7GriffinWG #47 Posted Feb 25 2020 - 09:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

Well on Tier X tanks dont play lights, since spotting damage isnt counted at all.

Just had a match 13.7k spotting and only 3.1k damage and it didnt count towards 4500 damage.

Even though I did this in Tier 8. Didnt read it right to see it's tier x only

But confirmed later in Tier 10 that it doesnt count.

Edited by E7GriffinWG, Feb 25 2020 - 21:41.

jst2gr8 #48 Posted Feb 25 2020 - 17:39

Captain

• Players
  • 70879 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostTa_Hun_Kwai, on Feb 21 2020 - 23:26, said:

REMOVE THESE GOD DAMN TANK CHALLENGE MISSONS THEY ARE KILLING THE GAME MM AND TEAMS JUST SELL THE DAMN THING

Just because you do not like them does not mean WG should take them away. many players like them and do not mind the discounts. Just don't do them if you don't like them. Now that was easy, wasn't it?

View PostE7GriffinWG, on Feb 25 2020 - 01:43, said:

Well on Tier X tanks dont play lights, since spotting damage isnt counted at all.

Just had a match 13.7k spotting and only 3.1k damage and it didnt count towards 4500 damage.

Hence the mission stating, "Cause at least 4,500 of damage". It does not say, "total damage". And I truthfully don't believe you did this seeing how I already caught you in a lie. 

E7GriffinWG #49 Posted Feb 25 2020 - 21:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 25 2020 - 11:39, said:

Hence the mission stating, "Cause at least 4,500 of damage". It does not say, "total damage". And I truthfully don't believe you did this seeing how I already caught you in a lie. 

I was stating spotting damage doesnt count. Incase anyone else that is new like my self didnt know.

Also you said: Caught me in a Lie? .....Care to clarify?

Unless your full of crap.

Edited by E7GriffinWG, Feb 25 2020 - 21:38.

jst2gr8 #50 Posted Feb 25 2020 - 22:15

Captain

• Players
  • 70879 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostE7GriffinWG, on Feb 25 2020 - 13:21, said:

I was stating spotting damage doesnt count. Incase anyone else that is new like my self didnt know.

Also you said: Caught me in a Lie? .....Care to clarify?

Unless your full of crap.

Yes, you saying you marked the Obj 703 v 2 in 4 battles. Not only did you say this but you said you did it while on someones stream. I don't know what lying does for you but there is no need to do it. 

What makes it even more funny is I asked some of the top players what the quickest they have ever marked a tank was and the fastest was 27 games. 

Edited by jst2gr8, Feb 25 2020 - 22:21.

E7GriffinWG #51 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 02:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 25 2020 - 16:15, said:

Yes, you saying you marked the Obj 703 v 2 in 4 battles. Not only did you say this but you said you did it while on someones stream. I don't know what lying does for you but there is no need to do it. 

What makes it even more funny is I asked some of the top players what the quickest they have ever marked a tank was and the fastest was 27 games. 

If you would have stuck around that during that stream, you found out what my confusion was.

It was __WarChild__  twitch channel...Now I know difference between reward a % mark and a ACE Tanker mark etc etc

Cause as of right now I only have one ACE tanker mark and thats on my ELC Even 90

But that doesnt make me a Liar, just makes me a new player that didnt understand what it meant.

Just like I didnt know for spotting damage it needs to say Total damage for it to count.

Must because you played so long that your EGO! is to darn high, to notice I was only 3 weeks new to the game

Just remember you was a Greenie Nub to this game also at one time....but in reality your exp has OVER inflated your behind.

But its nice to know I have a stalker, since my name here and on Twitch was different till up to the start of Feb

Which is why I wasnt asking you in the stream, I was asking __WarChild__

But since you left the stream, you didnt catch him explaining what happened.

I've been playing for what 3 and half months now and you have been playing since 2011 with 69,472 battles?

Yet you dont know how to look up a player profile ( https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=) or what it takes to ace mark (Since you had to ask around) a tank?

Kinda makes me think you bought your account?

I'll leave page up just so I can get a good laugh at your reply...kiddies are so funny these days

Edited by E7GriffinWG, Feb 26 2020 - 03:10.

jst2gr8 #52 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 04:04

Captain

• Players
  • 70879 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostE7GriffinWG, on Feb 25 2020 - 18:46, said:

If you would have stuck around that during that stream, you found out what my confusion was.

It was __WarChild__  twitch channel...Now I know difference between reward a % mark and a ACE Tanker mark etc etc

Cause as of right now I only have one ACE tanker mark and thats on my ELC Even 90

But that doesnt make me a Liar, just makes me a new player that didnt understand what it meant.

Just like I didnt know for spotting damage it needs to say Total damage for it to count.

Must because you played so long that your EGO! is to darn high, to notice I was only 3 weeks new to the game

Just remember you was a Greenie Nub to this game also at one time....but in reality your exp has OVER inflated your behind.

But its nice to know I have a stalker, since my name here and on Twitch was different till up to the start of Feb

Which is why I wasnt asking you in the stream, I was asking __WarChild__

But since you left the stream, you didnt catch him explaining what happened.

I've been playing for what 3 and half months now and you have been playing since 2011 with 69,472 battles?

Yet you dont know how to look up a player profile ( https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=) or what it takes to ace mark (Since you had to ask around) a tank?

Kinda makes me think you bought your account?

I'll leave page up just so I can get a good laugh at your reply...kiddies are so funny these days

No, I was there the whole time and it was explained multiple times by me and one other watcher. You were stuck on you marked it even after me telling you it is impossible to do it in 4 games.  But now onto you trying to discredit me or make me look stupid. But if you would remember right instead of trying to put me down right away. Your stats for the 703 were not showing. So to even say I do not know how to look someone stats up are so f'ing hilarious.   I know more about this game and the mechanics than you will in the next 4 years. So for you to tell me how to look someone up on the website is pretty comical. And then to suggest that I bought the account is just plainly tinfoilish. Do you lick the dirty windows or are you really that stupid?

I asked around seeing how I watch some of the top players on stream to prove a point because you were so stuck on you marked it instead of listening to people that actually know the game. 

The only laugh is your stupidity in trying to act like you know anything at all. I am actually shocked you know how to turn the computer on to get to the forums. Or does your mom have to sign you into them also?

Edited by jst2gr8, Feb 26 2020 - 04:06.

E7GriffinWG #53 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 04:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 25 2020 - 22:04, said:

No, I was there the whole time and it was explained multiple times by me and one other watcher. You were stuck on you marked it even after me telling you it is impossible to do it in 4 games.  But now onto you trying to discredit me or make me look stupid. But if you would remember right instead of trying to put me down right away. Your stats for the 703 were not showing. So to even say I do not know how to look someone stats up are so f'ing hilarious.   I know more about this game and the mechanics than you will in the next 4 years. So for you to tell me how to look someone up on the website is pretty comical. And then to suggest that I bought the account is just plainly tinfoilish. Do you lick the dirty windows or are you really that stupid?

I asked around seeing how I watch some of the top players on stream to prove a point because you were so stuck on you marked it instead of listening to people that actually know the game. 

The only laugh is your stupidity in trying to act like you know anything at all. I am actually shocked you know how to turn the computer on to get to the forums. Or does your mom have to sign you into them also?

Comical..lol

I never acted like I know everything. Even stated I'm new to the game and learning what things mean.

But you proved my point again Huge EGO and over inflated butt

Edited by E7GriffinWG, Feb 26 2020 - 04:30.

jst2gr8 #54 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 04:33

Captain

• Players
  • 70879 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostE7GriffinWG, on Feb 25 2020 - 20:28, said:

Comical..lol

I never acted like I know everything. Even stated I'm new to the game and learning what things mean.

But you proved my point again Huge EGO and over inflated butt

Yes, you must be looking in the mirror for me again putting you in your place. Sit down and keep it shut while the grown ups talk.

E7GriffinWG #55 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 04:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 25 2020 - 22:33, said:

Yes, you must be looking in the mirror for me again putting you in your place. Sit down and keep it shut while the grown ups talk.

Im most likely old enough to be your father, but you know she didn't have change for a dollar.

jst2gr8 #56 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 04:51

Captain

• Players
  • 70879 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostE7GriffinWG, on Feb 25 2020 - 20:41, said:

Im most likely old enough to be your father, but you know she didn't have change for a dollar.

I think your helmet is coming loose. Better go get your mom seeing how you have no clue who your dad is, to tighten for you. Wouldn't want you to run into the walls  while trying to figure out what to say next. [edited]kids. 

E7GriffinWG #57 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 05:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3434 battles
  • [AAAAA] AAAAA

View Postjst2gr8, on Feb 25 2020 - 22:51, said:

I think your helmet is coming loose. Better go get your mom seeing how you have no clue who your dad is, to tighten for you. Wouldn't want you to run into the walls  while trying to figure out what to say next. [edited]kids. 

Now that I think about it, I think it was 2 dimes

Slatherer #58 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 38763 battles
Wait, who's your daddy?

Tenmak #59 Posted Feb 26 2020 - 22:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Saying a quick message to lessen all the hate in the forums, because it's not that much of a hassle tbh.

I'm not the best player, and I have a job to maintain so I cannot play for days and days non-stop, but I decided to push the challenge for a few days. 
I've been doing around 400 games over the past 5 games and I'm getting at the 80% reduction mark in 3K base EXP. There is still 5 days left and I will not bother since it's a bit too much in the end. I'll just buy it off for 12$.

So I believe it's really doable for a more average player than me to reach the 80% mark like I did in 10 days. Which is a nice offer in the end.
It might be tough to do the 100%, that I can concede. 

Overall, I've been playing much T8 I'm comfortable with and produce in-game currency for later. 

Ta_Hun_Kwai #60 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 08:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19309 battles
Hey WGNA thanks for screwing over the goddamn servers with this tank challenge nothing but bad teams of low IQ players you said on a stream who's at the NA server has the smallest population but the highest number of whales yet you do not provide all options for buying the vehicle to skip the challenge did not have to deal with the bad teens do you even communicate with the head office in Russia or do you just say that to lie to the player base and keep them quiet

Edited by Ta_Hun_Kwai, Feb 27 2020 - 10:06.

Also tagged with KRZY, Marathon, Free, Tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users