• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:18

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 46859 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

When this tank first came out, I am almost positive that there was a statement to the effect that when the relationship between Wargaming and Amazon/Twitch Prime comes to an end, you will get to keep the tank permanently.  Now, I'm almost positive that information was somewhere either in the Wargaming information or the Twitch Prime original information.  However, there was this article: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/05/29/twitch-prime-echo-%F0%9F%87%BA%F0%9F%87%B8-king-tiger-c-3d-style-pictures-hank-morgan-crew-member/

Which states:  King Tiger ©, an US Tier VII heavy tank,  will be one of several vehicles that you can get for 14-day loans in Twitch Prime packages. The first such option will appear in the upcoming “Echo” package. It will also come with its own 3D style. In the event of termination of cooperation between Amazon and WG, players will receive it permanently.

Now, we can't rely solely on that information.

The Twitch Prime page says this:

*Once you claim Captured King Tiger within your Twitch Prime membership (“Subscription”;), You will be able to use Captured King Tiger during paid Subscription periods. If Wargaming or Twitch Prime announces the removal of Captured King Tiger from Subscription offer, you will be able to use it until the end of already paid Subscription period.
You will get the Monthly Drops only if you log into World of Tanks game within 60 days after expiration of the month for which you have claimed the Monthly Drop. Usage of the offered in-game items is also subject to Wargaming EULA and Privacy Policy, available at https://legal.na.wargaming.net/navigation.  

Which isn't helpful.  

Does anyone remember or have something from Wargaming about what happens to the Captured King Tiger?  

Thank you for your time and attention.

__WarChild__

AndrewSledge #2 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 41390 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
No, I don't recall any official announcement as to what would happen to the tank if/when the partnership with Twitch ended.

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:40

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 46859 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I'm old and could be remembering it wrong, but I recall something that was in addition to the Armored Patrol site that gave the impression it was a keeper to those that link their accounts.  And, I thought someone posted something to that effect that confirmed it one of the Forum posts, but I suck at searching and cannot find it right now.  So, any assistance would be great.

F4U_wingman #4 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:45

Captain

• Players
  • 107389 battles
When and if do we go to court on this matter? :D

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 27597 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA

The earliest article would have been for package echo - https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/twitch-package-echo/

They've stated from the start that as soon as prime is up they are going to take the tank away, there was some outrage on the forums to "whats the point" which is pretty much the boat I'm in. I'd be lucky enough to get a month trial a year so why give us something we can only use if we shell out the $$ for a monthly subscription. 

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 83653 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostBrianTheBomber, on Feb 27 2020 - 11:04, said:

So I sent in a message to support hoping for a concrete answer, This is what I got.

Block Quote

Dear BrianTheBomber, 

Thanks for contacting us. Rest assured that I will help you the best way I can.

Before the end of the collaboration with Twitch, game developers will publish special news on the game portal, in which everything will be described in detail.
Please follow the news.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Kind regards,

I hope they do not charge us to keep it, or charge a monthly fee.

​A monthly fee like the FL rentals would be really nice for other premium tanks. Pay 500 Gold or so a month and the gold you pay gets added to the total cost and if you want it at anytime you could buy a Premium tank for good. Sorry for going a bit off topic.

And I posed it to Domo in this thread.  No reply as of yet.  And it may very well be that Domo isn't in the loop or he's not allowed to say until it's official.  Or he just may not have seen the question.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/621993-twitch-care-package-zulu/

Edited by heavymetal1967, Feb 27 2020 - 21:58.

SlappedbyRommel #7 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 18526 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Feb 27 2020 - 21:46, said:

The earliest article would have been for package echo - https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/twitch-package-echo/

They've stated from the start that as soon as prime is up they are going to take the tank away, there was some outrage on the forums to "whats the point" which is pretty much the boat I'm in. I'd be lucky enough to get a month trial a year so why give us something we can only use if we shell out the $$ for a monthly subscription. 

Because WG and Twitch don't know what they are doing and marketing is run by 20 somethings no concepts of the customer base or knowing how to please player base. God, if I had the time to write a white paper on how not to do business this is a great model....lol

SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:01

Captain

• Players
  • 18526 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View Postheavymetal1967, on Feb 27 2020 - 21:58, said:

And I posed it to Domo in this thread.  No reply as of yet.  And it may very well be that Domo isn't in the loop or he's not allowed to say until it's official.  Or he just may not have seen the question.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/621993-twitch-care-package-zulu/

Nyet off to Siberia for you welcome to the Gulag.

ratpak #9 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34010 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Feb 27 2020 - 14:46, said:

I just may be old, but I have read this line several times and have yet to see where they say they will take away the tank when prime is up.  It does mention if "you" cancel your prime or unlink your account, but nothing about ending the relationship.

• If you discontinue your Twitch Prime membership, the tank will become unavailable for battle, but will not be removed.
  • If you unlink your Twitch and Wargaming.net accounts, the tank together with the Slot will be removed from your account. Crew will be sent to the Barracks; 3D style to the Storage.

Wildest_Coyote #10 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14424 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
Did anyone else notice in the ZULU video there is another box marked APRIL with a Czech logo on it?

TheMetalMen #11 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 39612 battles
You never know what is happening with Twitch prime, I remember claiming it when it was available, then after that month never saw it again in my garage, know other people still have it, but I also was not able to claim the wot loot for 6 months no matter what I did, was finally able to get it back a couple of months ago

SlappedbyPatton #12 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28987 battles

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Feb 27 2020 - 16:00, said:

Because WG and Twitch don't know what they are doing and marketing is run by 20 somethings no concepts of the customer base or knowing how to please player base. God, if I had the time to write a white paper on how not to do business this is a great model....lol

Rommel 

Dont "write" a white paper..... some of us have seen your writing..... 

ez_money #13 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 16617 battles
  • [IKUM] IKUM

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 27 2020 - 14:40, said:

I'm old and could be remembering it wrong, but I recall something that was in addition to the Armored Patrol site that gave the impression it was a keeper to those that link their accounts.  And, I thought someone posted something to that effect that confirmed it one of the Forum posts, but I suck at searching and cannot find it right now.  So, any assistance would be great.

You are remembering correctly. When we were going over this in another thread a while back I quoted the same statement from Twitch that you did in your opening post (which I agree is open to interpretation). There was also some forum posts from WG mods that said (or at least implied) that people would keep the KT as well.

__WarChild__ #14 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:34

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 46859 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postez_money, on Feb 27 2020 - 15:29, said:

You are remembering correctly. When we were going over this in another thread a while back I quoted the same statement from Twitch that you did in your opening post. There was also some forum posts from WG mods that said people would keep the KT as well.

It is possible that I took the Armored Patrol statement as gospel and never looked back, but I normally don't take someone else's word.  

Edited by __WarChild__, Feb 27 2020 - 22:47.

__WarChild__ #15 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:54

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 46859 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Folks,

WarChild here...again...  

Let me "Back Off WarChild, seriously!" a minute.  I am going to TABLE this discussion for a later date.  Feel free to continue to post whatever you feel appropriate here, but I won't be writing anything else until I get some more information.

It's good to be the King a Community Contributor sometimes  ;)

Someone cue up George Michael's "Gotta Have Faith"!

:trollface:

Don't go changing....to try and please me....I love you just the way you are...

1Scots #16 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 22:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18409 battles
  • [WTAPZ] WTAPZ

View PostWildest_Coyote, on Feb 28 2020 - 09:05, said:

Did anyone else notice in the ZULU video there is another box marked APRIL with a Czech logo on it?

Yes, and one marked May 2020 also. I am inclined to think this is just a mashup video and not predictive.

JakeTheMystic #17 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 27597 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA

View Postratpak, on Feb 27 2020 - 12:04, said:

I just may be old, but I have read this line several times and have yet to see where they say they will take away the tank when prime is up.  It does mention if "you" cancel your prime or unlink your account, but nothing about ending the relationship.

• If you discontinue your Twitch Prime membership, the tank will become unavailable for battle, but will not be removed.
  • If you unlink your Twitch and Wargaming.net accounts, the tank together with the Slot will be removed from your account. Crew will be sent to the Barracks; 3D style to the Storage.

They're not a mutually exclusive relationship though. 

If you end terminate your membership -> you no longer have prime

If you twitch prime runs out -> you no longer have prime

If you unlink your account -> you may have prime but wg doesnt recognize that you do -> (you no longer have prime)

so although its not stated word for word "when your subscription ends the tank will be removed" it is clearly assumed. 

heavymetal1967 #18 Posted Feb 27 2020 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 83653 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 27 2020 - 16:54, said:

Howdy Folks,

WarChild here...again...  

Let me "Back Off WarChild, seriously!" a minute.  I am going to TABLE this discussion for a later date.  Feel free to continue to post whatever you feel appropriate here, but I won't be writing anything else until I get some more information.

It's good to be the King a Community Contributor sometimes  ;)

Someone cue up George Michael's "Gotta Have Faith"!

:trollface:

Don't go changing....to try and please me....I love you just the way you are...

Borrowed "faith".

SlappedbyRommel #19 Posted Feb 28 2020 - 00:16

Captain

• Players
  • 18526 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostSlappedbyPatton, on Feb 27 2020 - 22:24, said:

Rommel 

Dont "write" a white paper..... some of us have seen your writing..... 

Oh getting personal now ummm I don't like your altitude you irrigate me......lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users