You Ask, We Reply - Bulletin 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Sep 28 2011 - 01:29

Wargaming America

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
The latest round of questions and answers are available in the "You Ask, We Reply" series.

Full story: http://game.worldoft...eply-bulletin-3

Click here to read You Ask, We Reply - Bulletin 3

Click here to submit questions for You Ask, We Reply: Clans & Ultimate Conquest

Note that this thread is from Sept. 2011.  Closed.  ~ Brygin

DannyT251 #2 Posted Sep 28 2011 - 08:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19531 battles
Will you ever fix the viewing range?

From wiki (Link) :

View Range is limited to a square of 1000m by 1000m aligned on the axis of the map. It limits the drawing of detected tanks by you or over radio.

It might be counter intuitive, but the square, or drawing distance is aligned on the axis of the map. In other word, if your tank is looking straight North with a view range of 400 meters, everything will desappear passed that line. Team mates included. If your tank is facing directly North-West (45 degrees), you will be able to see targets up to roughly 565 meters. Knowing this, when fully upgraded the maximum range you can see someone will always be roughly 707 meters.

The side of the square is twice the length of the tank's view range.

The way it is now :
Posted Image

Green light = you
Red light = spotted enemies that you see
Yellow light = spotted enemy that you don't see

Red line: 500m = max range if you're aproaching enemy head on with spotting range 500+ (capped at 500)
Green line: 700m = max range if you're aproaching enemy diagonaly with spotting range 500+ (capped at 500)

Orange square: How it actually works NOW! - The square can not be rotated (The bullsh*t part)
Purple circle: This way it would make at least some sense. But it would be still only 700m

fhamza #3 Posted Oct 22 2011 - 09:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 88084 battles
  • [-ATR-] -ATR-
I think that calculations related map size. All ranges are relative, in a small map ranges are downscaled. Otherwise you can see enemies in ruinberg streets but you can't see even 200 meter far.

Stephal #4 Posted Oct 22 2011 - 15:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 42 battles
Will this game ever be available on mac?

YoungGun599 #5 Posted Oct 24 2011 - 00:53

Private

• Players
  • 2766 battles
For some reason when I try to sell my tank, the game says that there is an error and try again later. Is there a way to counter this and get to sell my tanks in peace?

Draven_McCoy #6 Posted Oct 24 2011 - 12:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 23972 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
I was wondering I know prem tanks are not upgradeable due to the fact that you are purchasing a tank in a teir that you may have not earned yet. But this is my question; if was possible to allow us to upgade modulus based on tech we have unlocked on other tanks of the same teir that we have earned though many hours of play. I feel this is only fair because it is the people who pay for prem accounts and prem tanks which allow everyone else to play for free, and we shouldn't be punished with a tank that we paid good money for just to thow away later because it becomes worthless when we have reached that teir with other tanks. Allowing to upgrade after you reach that teir with other tanks and unlocked new tech would also increase sales of prem tanks without the risk of players skiping the lowwer teirs. As I said earlier those of us willing to pay for prem tanks feel like we are being punished for being willing to pay for a tank.

:Smile_honoring:

redmanking #7 Posted Oct 25 2011 - 02:36

Private

• Players
  • 12300 battles
Can we take pictures of the game and share the pics with a class without copyright violations?

Valkeiper #8 Posted Oct 25 2011 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 8176 battles

View PostYoungGun599, on Oct 24 2011 - 00:53, said:

For some reason when I try to sell my tank, the game says that there is an error and try again later. Is there a way to counter this and get to sell my tanks in peace?

how many tanks did you sell in one day?

there is a 'per day' limit.

mpro #9 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 10:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 31136 battles
Got a Complaint about your gold. Every time my canadian dollar is worth more I cant buy gold. But when I have to pay over a hundred dollars to get the gold you let it through. What is the deal? It wont let me even buy in increments of 50 which is stupid. Fix plz.

*Edit* Wondering if there is a reason behind this, if you could please explain it?

SpectreHD #10 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 13:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16755 battles
  • [TT] TT
Could we get an M36 Slugger which performs like it did in real life i.e. performs actually like a fast nimble but with a good gun and minimal protection? The M36 Slugger we have now has been butchered just to conform to a traditional Tank Destroyer which it is not. Currently, it does not get its historical engine, historical turret OR track traverse speeds or gun depression, even tho all of the above are very well documented.

Just like how the French tanks are different, US tank destroyers are different than the traditional tank destroyers. Make them different and not be just TDs that just so happen to have turrets. I would not mind not having the capability to turn insitu.

casperrie1 #11 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 18:56

Private

• Players
  • 2081 battles
i have a bug starting the game, a screen pops up that says: the World of Tanks application is already running

nixter #12 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 15513 battles

View Postcasperrie1, on Oct 28 2011 - 18:56, said:

i have a bug starting the game, a screen pops up that says: the World of Tanks application is already running

Game Client is probably crashed, when this happens the executable cannot be terminated normally. Try opening the Task Manager and open the Processes tab, look in the list of running programs,  if you have trouble finding it, try sorting alphabetically, (do this by clicking on the Image Name tab), and right click on the program file, select "End Process Tree." If it is crashing every time you try to run it, some file needed to run the program has been corrupted, a reinstall of the WOT game client may be needed. If an external program is corrupted like Microsoft's Direct X, this will cause many programs to crash and is more difficult to troubleshoot and fix.

USA_Tankman #13 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 02:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 6300 battles
can u make premium tank only match making system instead of having 5 type59's on a team?

DerJager #14 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 03:16

Major

• Players
  • 5549 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
Is there any chance you can disclose your sources of information?

Specificly photographs of any first hand penetration charts used, links to electronic penetration charts used, as well as an official quote on whether or not US/German vehicles use data from their own nation converted to Russian test standards, or if the data is taken from testing done on captured/lend-lease vehicles?

There are multiple inaccurate representations of not just penetration for guns on the US and German trees, but some tanks are slower than they actually were, some are faster, and some even have inaccurate armor modeling.

If they are nerfs or buffs, fine, let us know which is which, and we can help you fix any errors. The WoT community would be eager to help improve the game in any way possible, let us help.

RetepTrun #15 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 01:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4622 battles
  • [RAIDR] RAIDR
Around how many verticies do you use in your tank models?  
What programs do you use?

Will we ever be able to sell tanks to other players?

Anything more specific than Q1 Q2 for patch realease dates?  Could you even say "It will not be November"?

rougewarrior_187 #16 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 01:20

Private

• Players
  • 1445 battles
how am i supposed to accpet all these terms and stuff there isnt even a check box to accept them all there are are these endless links

Valkeiper #17 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 11:32

Major

• Players
  • 8176 battles

View PostDerJager, on Oct 31 2011 - 03:16, said:

Is there any chance you can disclose your sources of information?

Specificly photographs of any first hand penetration charts used, links to electronic penetration charts used, as well as an official quote on whether or not US/German vehicles use data from their own nation converted to Russian test standards, or if the data is taken from testing done on captured/lend-lease vehicles?

There are multiple inaccurate representations of not just penetration for guns on the US and German trees, but some tanks are slower than they actually were, some are faster, and some even have inaccurate armor modeling.

If they are nerfs or buffs, fine, let us know which is which, and we can help you fix any errors. The WoT community would be eager to help improve the game in any way possible, let us help.

it's easy:

Red Star, if it's good... historical. If it's not as good as another vehicle, needs a buff.

Cross, if it's good... definately needs a serious nerf. if it's bad... historical

White Star, if it's good... see if it is an advantage against the Red Star. If it does... needs a nerf. If it's bad... never happened.

tc1259 #18 Posted Nov 03 2011 - 11:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4705 battles
Yes, when will the game be on Mac? And are the Dev's looking at capping the Arty limit in games to stop games where 7 - 8 arty are on one side?

Vlade2008 #19 Posted Nov 04 2011 - 09:13

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10225 battles
Will you be re-releasing the T23 as a premium?

fantigua #20 Posted Nov 04 2011 - 12:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31440 battles
will you ever fix the TK system so that it is not possible for lower tier tanks to continually run in to the upper tier tank and force them to pay credits for damage done?  Also, for those times where players on your team just shoot you and you cannot return fire because you would be the one punished.  There are plenty of posts about this but I've seen nothing speaking to the concerns of the players.  The current system is geared for those who wish to exploit the system and not for those who are Innocent and just wish to play the game .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users