Standard B Progetto 65

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

iDestroya #1 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 17:30

Captain

• Players
  • 58733 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

I just bought the progetto 65 after finishing the on-track. Still have crew in Standard B. I was driving the Progetto 65 on test server, and quite frankly found it meh. Game play is somewhat different; progetto lacks acceleration that lets you run away quick; gun handling isn't as good as standard B it seems; Maybe I should keep the best crew in Standard B and put in fresh crew in progetto 65 for those tier10 events and missions?   

I asked Dakilzor on his stream which he likes better, and it was hands down B.  

Crew is the thing here. I do have unassigned crew from holiday special. I guess dump them into progetto 65? Standard B is sooooooooo much fun to play. I can't let it go. Your thoughts?    

Here's the clip where Daki replied to my question (hope twitch clips are ok on forums)  

https://clips.twitch...ssionfruit4Head

Edited by iDestroya, Mar 05 2020 - 17:31.

moogleslam #2 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 52224 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
I know a lot of people like the Standard B better than the Progetto 65, but the 65 has a LOT of small upgrades, and a few big ones (extra shell).  The Standard B does have slightly better mobility, in the form of effective terrain resistances because it's lighter, but the 65 is otherwise better across the board except for losing out on 1 fairly insignificant 1 degree of gun depression.  Tier for tier, yes, that doesn't necessarily make the 65 better at Tier X than the Standard B is at Tier IX, but in that regard, there's not much in it, and they're both excellent, and arguably the best Med at their tiers.

Baron_Von_Cheeto #3 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 17:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 62959 battles
There both worth having for sure and I think tier for tier the standard B is better. A lot of T9 tanks are a little better there T10 brother in the medium tank class. With a T9 you see just one tier higher and you have games with T7 tanks. They are both really fun tanks and worth the grind.

iDestroya #4 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 18:10

Captain

• Players
  • 58733 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

View Postmoogleslam, on Mar 05 2020 - 11:45, said:

I know a lot of people like the Standard B better than the Progetto 65, but the 65 has a LOT of small upgrades, and a few big ones (extra shell).  The Standard B does have slightly better mobility, in the form of effective terrain resistances because it's lighter, but the 65 is otherwise better across the board except for losing out on 1 fairly insignificant 1 degree of gun depression.  Tier for tier, yes, that doesn't necessarily make the 65 better at Tier X than the Standard B is at Tier IX, but in that regard, there's not much in it, and they're both excellent, and arguably the best Med at their tiers.

On paper, it would seem to be an upgraded Standard B. The extra shell in clip is a nice bonus, but doesn't change game play vs same tier (except vs lower tiers). Gun handling on the move or rotating seems worse actually. I need to stop and let gun re-aim for a more accurate shot when compared to B. And I can't hull down in the same spots as B in the same way because of not only the loss of 1 degree but the size of the turret and the hull makes the smallest position mistake hurt BIG. Much less forgiving. So I need to stay further back than B, and run away earlier than I would with Standard B when facing like tiers. 

moogleslam #5 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 52224 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostiDestroya, on Mar 05 2020 - 13:10, said:

On paper, it would seem to be an upgraded Standard B. The extra shell in clip is a nice bonus, but doesn't change game play vs same tier (except vs lower tiers). Gun handling on the move or rotating seems worse actually. I need to stop and let gun re-aim for a more accurate shot when compared to B. And I can't hull down in the same spots as B in the same way because of not only the loss of 1 degree but the size of the turret and the hull makes the smallest position mistake hurt BIG. Much less forgiving. So I need to stay further back than B, and run away earlier than I would with Standard B when facing like tiers. 

Gun handling in the 65 is definitely better than the B, so if you're seeing something different, maybe it's crew or equipment.  Maybe you feel that way because it has a faster intra clip reload, so you don't get the extra half second of aiming you'd get in the B.

Yes, you lose the 1 degree of gun depression, but you gain a lot of frontal turret armor (albeit, still fairly useless).  As a side note, the 65's gun depression is still the second best among all Tier X meds; -9 vs -10

I'd actually say the extra shell makes a huge difference to game play, because, as mentioned, the intra clip reload is shorter  It only takes 1.5 seconds longer to get off 4 shells in the 65 compared to 3 shells in the B.  Because the reload for each shell is also a little shorter, your DPM has a nice bump.

theannihalatorofall_1 #6 Posted May 17 2020 - 16:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4234 battles
  • [DVIL] DVIL

What's even to discuss here? Prototypio Standard B is a great tier 9 medium, but the tier 10 is a pretty massive upgrade. It's like a better version of the Leopard 1.

For one thing, the upper frontal plate is at such a ridiculous angle (50 degrees, I believe) that its practically an autobounce.

Also, the gun handling characteristics and soft stats are a good bit better. And what about the extra shell in the magazine? It doesn't sound like much on paper, but that brings the burst damage potential up to over 1,200.

Not as good as the French and Czech counterparts, to be sure, but still good and with MUCH better flexibility. I don't really like standard autoloaders that leave you defenseless for so long while your gun reloads. They're too situational for my comfort. I know a lot of people can make them work well, but I just don't seem to be able to. But that's why I like the Italian mediums so much. They combine burst damage potential of an autoloader with the flexibility of a single- shot gun.

_tacoz #7 Posted May 19 2020 - 04:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33591 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

standard B because the MM is only tier 10 these days

standard B against tier 7 or 10 is good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users