• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3827 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Greetings Tankers!

We just wanted to share some behind the scenes information from our recent update on our Fair Play policy.  

Today, we’ve taken another step in this direction and placed a global ban wave against cheaters. In this wave, we penalized 414 accounts: 324 of these received their first warning, and 90 were banned permanently. :arta:

For more information on our Fair Play policy, head over to our portal article linked below.

Fair Play Update

GLHF and tank responsibly!

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40358 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Release the names and Clans they played for. Other than that it's just numbers. 

Dr_Jerkov #3 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2314 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Mar 10 2020 - 10:20, said:

Names are all that matters. Clans don't always know of the individuals who use mods. And you can look up names and see if a cluster are in specific clans if you are that concerned with the clans.

I am all for releasing the names of everyone. Would also like the specific reason they were given the first strike or a ban. Not just which rule(s) they broke, but if it was foliage mod, aimbot, etc.

Edited by Dr_Jerkov, Mar 10 2020 - 17:27.

Garandster #4 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6731 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Mar 10 2020 - 11:20, said:

It may not be the best idea to release the names and clans of those guilty and banned.

Block Quote

Names are just names, I could change mine in an hour or make a whole new account in less than that. Posting names and clans would only leave the individuals who are associates of the people (friends and clan members) to be harassed for the guilty parties actions (who can no longer be harassed in game because they are banned).

For example: If a player from a top clan was banned people would use this as a basis to call all of the clan members cheaters or to validate their idea that good players are good because they cheat and that's why good players are better at the game. You could also see the friends of those guilty of cheating receiving harassment since the banned player can't be reached and be accused of being guilty by association. It could cause harassment for streamers who may be in the same clan or an associate and this could have a negative impact on their livelihood or channel, simply by being guilty by association.

If you think I'm streaching it, look how many people post all the time about WG rigging everything against them or can't accept any blame for their failures in game, those types will take this low hanging fruit and run with it.

bad_73 #5 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1575 battles

View PostJambijon, on Mar 10 2020 - 17:15, said:

Greetings Tankers!

We just wanted to share some behind the scenes information from our recent update on our Fair Play policy.  

Today, we’ve taken another step in this direction and placed a global ban wave against cheaters. In this wave, we penalized 414 accounts: 324 of these received their first warning, and 90 were banned permanently. :arta:

For more information on our Fair Play policy, head over to our portal article linked below.

Fair Play Update

Close the mod door and do your own developing so we dont have to play with cheaters.This post just told us we are playing with cheaters so fix it for real.People are only caught after they cheat so that means we are playing with them and wg allows this.

mohawkdriver #6 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:49

Captain

• Players
  • 23910 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
Is there any way we can investigate RNG for using hax?

Bitnisse #7 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 30873 battles
  • [MARVN] MARVN
Appreciate it.

Garandster #8 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 17:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6731 battles

View Postbad_73, on Mar 10 2020 - 11:43, said:

Close the mod door and do your own developing so we dont have to play with cheaters.This post just told us we are playing with cheaters so fix it for real.People are only caught after they cheat so that means we are playing with them and wg allows this.

WG allows cheaters as much as the government allows serial killers. Just because people aren't punished till they are caught doesn't mean it's allowed.

There are some really nice mods out there for quality of life and to modify things like the cosmetics. At the most they should do is move to a certification system for mods so that the mod community isn't destroyed.

tod914 #9 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 66687 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostJambijon, on Mar 10 2020 - 11:15, said:

Greetings Tankers!

Fair Play Update

Come on Jam... how about a name and shame.  You know you want to.

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Mar 10 2020 - 18:08.

The_Pink_Panther #10 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 86 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
This means nothing until you begin to name them and the clans, if any, they are part of.  We would like to be able to verify all these claims. 

PAP0 #11 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18721 battles

View PostGarandster, on Mar 10 2020 - 08:58, said:

WG allows cheaters as much as the government allows serial killers. Just because people aren't punished till they are caught doesn't mean it's allowed.

There are some really nice mods out there for quality of life and to modify things like the cosmetics. At the most they should do is move to a certification system for mods so that the mod community isn't destroyed.

Man, if only cheating in a video game equated to murdering multiple people.....

KiltedAmerican #12 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Cool story, bro

Really, I'm not too concerned about the names, but I would be interested to see a summary list of the cheats employed.

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Mar 10 2020 - 19:33.

GaMe_SuX #13 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 42369 battles
if the name is perma-banned, then who cares if it gets released, they act like the username is the physical address of the player. nobody cares about that, what they do care about, is if it was somebody they played with, or kept getting rekt by. either way, a perma-banned account is void, so just release it, its not like they will get griefed, because they are banned forever.

Panzerkind #14 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 38960 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Mar 10 2020 - 10:20, said:

I doubt they would ever do this, but it would help clear some things up because there are a lot of us who already have a general idea of what clans are probably suspect and some specific players for which it is sort of an open secret. 

IamJMan999 #15 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 19:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18660 battles

I know the whole company policy of not "name shaming" BUT, I would like to state that I feel personally molested by cheaters, and as such since I could go online and find all the molesters names and addresses around me so that I know about them, I think it only prudent for WG to release all the names of those sanctioned to help instill a sense of well being and safety throughout the community.

Henceforth I petition for all names of those cheaters to be released. All those in favor:

Aye

2CAV #16 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 3213 battles

View PostGarandster, on Mar 10 2020 - 16:58, said:

Then please explain to us all why those who subscribed to Warpack, it required a Premium account on WoT? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Quicklime #17 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 49363 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP

View Postbad_73, on Mar 10 2020 - 11:43, said:

I couldn't agree with any comment in this thread more than this one!  

If it isn't in the game, then it shouldn't be allowed. PERIOD!

2CAV #18 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 3213 battles

View PostEscape_From_Tarkov, on Mar 10 2020 - 17:15, said:

if the name is perma-banned, then who cares if it gets released, they act like the username is the physical address of the player. nobody cares about that, what they do care about, is if it was somebody they played with, or kept getting rekt by. either way, a perma-banned account is void, so just release it, its not like they will get griefed, because they are banned forever.

Because some had suspicions on who was possibly cheating, and want their suspicions affirmed, or cleared.

Quicklime #19 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 49363 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Mar 10 2020 - 12:09, said:

This means nothing until you begin to name them and the clans, if any, they are part of.  We would like to be able to verify all these claims. 

If anyone thinks there aren't a majority in certain clans (the super clans) that allow/support this kind of BS, then players are deluding themselves. Release the names of the offending players AND their clan affiliation, I'm sure you'll see a trend. But don't hold your breath waiting for wargaming to do so, as these clans are some of the heaviest spenders in the game. And we all know how wargaming caters to them.

Bob_Snipehunter #20 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 21:02

Private

• Players
  • 25274 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH
Wargaming should do every thing they can to promote clans.  The game is much better if more people were in clans getting info etc. It makes better players. I think the players who got first warnings should be identified in the game with a chevron of shame next to their name.  There should be a credit punishment also of some sort. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users