Incoming! Warspot.net, for a more historical look at Tanks.

KRZY Tanks History

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 19:46

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

World of Tanks has a very specific niche' in video games that boasts a very interesting combination of some historical accuracy featured with a game. For some of the inspiration behind the metal check out Warspot.net. 

This is a collection of articles about everything tank related. There are authors that write for this site, but also offer a chance for our users to be authors as well by just logging in to the site and typing away. 

For more information on Warspot.net click HERE.

_Morgen_ #2 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11636 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 10 2020 - 19:46, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

World of Tanks has a very specific niche' in video games that boasts a very interesting combination of some historical accuracy featured with a game. For some of the inspiration behind the metal check out Warspot.net. 

This is a collection of articles about everything tank related. There are authors that write for this site, but also offer a chance for our users to be authors as well by just logging in to the site and typing away. 

maybe it's just me but seems to be possibly broken (the warspot website).  I hit log in and it takes me to redirect to log in with my wargaming account.  I do that then it goes back to warspot to a registration page.

KRZYBooP #3 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:40

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Morgen_, on Mar 10 2020 - 13:35, said:

maybe it's just me but seems to be possibly broken (the warspot website).  I hit log in and it takes me to redirect to log in with my wargaming account.  I do that then it goes back to warspot to a registration page.

Well, thank you for trying the website... 

It's been fun... 

I will be sure to let the proper department know. 

KiltedAmerican #4 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 20:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

I didn't have to log-in - I walked right in and looked around.

It's okay for what's there - mostly Pasholok's stuff - Panther article is interesting, but not too deep.

Guess we'll see how it develops.

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Mar 11 2020 - 01:56.

Cleveland_Joe #5 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 21:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14259 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 10 2020 - 13:46, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

It is a good game. What keeps it from being a GREAT game is the suppressed physics of the mechanics.  I understand that playability is important but so is reality.  Aspects that clash against common sense sense and reality are unnecessary by-products. For instance, I have seen vehicles roll down a steep cliff and incur NO damage.  Artillery should not be able to shoot at a target UNLESS the target is under direct vision at the time of the shot.  Wheeled vehicles defy intelligence.  Armor is too thin for that genre of vehicle yet a 122mm has hit it twice, The road speed should be high but off-road speed should be slower, and the tires are too resilient.  Off road my 4 x 4 bounces a lot and there is very little likelihood of accurate shooting.  A buddy of mine and I tried this with a 10/22 in his old jeep CJ7.  It was near impossible to hit an old refrigerator while moving/bouncing in the field.  Some type of "nerf" of the the wheeled vehicles would help.  

Jaguarz #6 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 21:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6376 battles
Thats pretty cool though I loath the design of the site personally I can ignore it if content there.

TheBigPie #7 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 21:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26469 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
Read a bit of the site's articles, overall pretty good for someone who isn't a hardcore history buff. Funny how an admin tries to talk to people, Just to be told what's wrong with the base game.

KRZYBooP #8 Posted Mar 10 2020 - 21:31

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCargo_Joe, on Mar 10 2020 - 14:11, said:

It is a good game. What keeps it from being a GREAT game is the suppressed physics of the mechanics.  I understand that playability is important but so is reality.  Aspects that clash against common sense sense and reality are unnecessary by-products. For instance, I have seen vehicles roll down a steep cliff and incur NO damage.  Artillery should not be able to shoot at a target UNLESS the target is under direct vision at the time of the shot.  Wheeled vehicles defy intelligence.  Armor is too thin for that genre of vehicle yet a 122mm has hit it twice, The road speed should be high but off-road speed should be slower, and the tires are too resilient.  Off road my 4 x 4 bounces a lot and there is very little likelihood of accurate shooting.  A buddy of mine and I tried this with a 10/22 in his old jeep CJ7.  It was near impossible to hit an old refrigerator while moving/bouncing in the field.  Some type of "nerf" of the the wheeled vehicles would help.  

Some of the issues mentioned are game engine limitations or known issues that our developers are working on. Most recently you could double backflip a tank off the glacier mountain and as long as you landed on your tracks you were fine. Wheeled tanks are meant to have better gun stabilizers compared to just a gun on a 4 x 4. However, the mechanics of shooting a wheeled tank in the wheels and doing much is an unexpected powerful mechanic, in my opinion.  Arty relies on a direct vision of enemy tanks by their teammates in order to shoot them. Other blind shot hits are either from the enemy not moving or being in a super predictable spot.

Christojojo #9 Posted Mar 11 2020 - 01:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38657 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
i enjoyed looking at the articles. Hopefully, I will find more and more to enjoy there weekly.

stalkervision #10 Posted Mar 11 2020 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 80624 battles

Arty of all nations had specific vehicles designed for arty missions if you care to pass this on to the developers. They seem to have never looked this up. They were equipped with all kinds of radio sending gear specific for arty use. The crews in them were also specifically trained for this mission. A random tank crew could request a random arty strike but it would be much much less accurate. A lot less and take longer to do ! I believe this should be reflected in the game. No way could any vehicle just blast pass a tank in the distance and give a accurate and instant fix on a target for arty or other tanks. It would take any spotting vehicle TIME to give accurate fixes for arty or other tanks. Right now instantly getting hit by arty or tank fire is just plain silly and takes away immensely from the enjoyment of this game. 

Then there is the ability of nearly every tank in the game to have gun stabilization. This is crazy indeed ! A lot of bits in this game that were ment to increase the enjoyment of the game really do not IMO. 

Cleveland_Joe #11 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 15:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14259 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 10 2020 - 15:31, said:

Some of the issues mentioned are game engine limitations or known issues that our developers are working on. Most recently you could double backflip a tank off the glacier mountain and as long as you landed on your tracks you were fine. Wheeled tanks are meant to have better gun stabilizers compared to just a gun on a 4 x 4. However, the mechanics of shooting a wheeled tank in the wheels and doing much is an unexpected powerful mechanic, in my opinion.  Arty relies on a direct vision of enemy tanks by their teammates in order to shoot them. Other blind shot hits are either from the enemy not moving or being in a super predictable spot.

Thank you for the response.  Sometimes I forget that there are limits to game mechanics.  

Also tagged with KRZY, Tanks, History

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users