Incoming! Really long Marathon full of prizes: Battle Pass!

KRZY Marathon free stuff things to do

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

MacDuff48 #41 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 15:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27472 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

Sorry if I missed it, but if you buy the Battle Pass after completing some of the stages, do you start over or do you get the rewards for the completed stages and then progress down the paywall line?

Never mind I found the answer and yes you can buy it anytime and get all the pass rewards.

Edited by MacDuff48, Mar 12 2020 - 16:22.

KRZYBooP #42 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 16:25

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostMacDuff48, on Mar 12 2020 - 08:58, said:

Sorry if I missed it, but if you buy the Battle Pass after completing some of the stages, do you start over or do you get the rewards for the completed stages and then progress down the paywall line?

You won't be able to get rewards twice however, you will get any rewards you didn't earn. If you complete 5 levels on the free track and then buy progression. You will only get the rewards retroactively from the premium track. 

KRZYBooP #43 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 16:29

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostOdensBeard, on Mar 11 2020 - 12:04, said:

My thought is, maybe instead using your energies to create new events on top of other events, concentrate on providing new and different maps to play on.  jmho...

Pearl river is next and then Berlin maps will be coming soon. 

Sadly maps aren't that easy to design and implement. 

Qualm #44 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 19:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 21058 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 12 2020 - 10:29, said:

Yes, we all know this, but the parent company has had years and years and hundreds of millions of dollars to spend designing and implementing maps. 

We all know it's WG_HQ's choice not to spend money designing and implementing maps.  Instead they have spent it on finding more ways to keep its paying proportion of players paying. 

Please, stop saying maps aren't easy to design and implement.  It's literally insulting to our intelligence and our understanding of how WG_HQ operates.  Nobody is fooling nobody here.

Edited by Qualm, Mar 12 2020 - 19:37.

fireraiserbr #45 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 20:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68545 battles
  • [W1CKD] W1CKD

last year i had gold as reward for playing for free Frontline.

this year not only  ZERO gold, but i have to pay 6500 gold ?

thats an improvement wargaming. no battle pass, ill pass

besides, world is starting to go down the drain right now, nobody knows if we'll survive 2020

Edited by fireraiserbr, Mar 12 2020 - 20:39.

IceOtter #46 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 22:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67678 battles
  • [BE] BE

View Post_NimbleNavigator_, on Mar 12 2020 - 06:54, said:

Wow bro, the progressions scaling for elite wasn't shown in portal at all, it was simply mentioned, it's in-game now though. (25 bonds levels 1-9 with 250 bonds every 10th level until 100)

But keep getting mad for no reason, carry on.

But the portal DOES show it - in the video.  Clear as day you can see the information you wanted - its near the end of the video.  Your inattentiveness shouldn't require others to carry the load for you.  Sorry it angers me, but I see post after post by people wanting to be spoon-fed information that's RIGHT IN FRONT of them.  They are just lazy.  They are generally lurkers - you never see them adding something interesting and thoughtful to a post.  They just hop in, spit out one sentence (more would be too taxing) asking when their next feeding is.  It's disgusting.

Tingent #47 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 22:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 54348 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Seeing as how I had a bunch of gold from the X-Mas/New Years event and the Black Market sucked this year, I have gold to burn. ( I was not wasting a bunch of gold to bid on a Type 59 that was overpriced to begin with at a minimum 25k gold bid) I think a lot of people have gold to burn and the rewards for this Marathon are pretty good, as long as you still need blueprints. At least it was something that I deemed worthy of spending gold on, as the gold I got was far cheaper than buying it at the regular price. The Advent Calendar this year was decent as it had a lot of new tanks for sale that were released that year, so I am hoping next year's will be as good and I can spend more gold there. I don't consider this pay-to-win, I consider it pay-to-get-more-crap-faster and I can deal with that.

Edited by Tingent, Mar 12 2020 - 22:29.

KRZYBooP #48 Posted Mar 12 2020 - 23:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5146 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostQualm, on Mar 12 2020 - 12:36, said:

Yes, we all know this, but the parent company has had years and years and hundreds of millions of dollars to spend designing and implementing maps. 

We all know it's WG_HQ's choice not to spend money designing and implementing maps.  Instead they have spent it on finding more ways to keep its paying proportion of players paying. 

Please, stop saying maps aren't easy to design and implement.  It's literally insulting to our intelligence and our understanding of how WG_HQ operates.  Nobody is fooling nobody here.

WG made a bunch of maps then updated the game engine and had to redo the maps to implement them into the new game engine. Now they are working to add more at a much higher rate than before 1.0. 

Kraftwerk, Steel hunter, Tank race, and Home front are all-new maps that were created and implemented into our game as new modes for everyone to enjoy. Resources are being put back into the game on top of creating new maps. 

View Postfireraiserbr, on Mar 12 2020 - 13:36, said:

last year i had gold as reward for playing for free Frontline.

this year not only  ZERO gold, but i have to pay 6500 gold ?

thats an improvement wargaming. no battle pass, ill pass

besides, world is starting to go down the drain right now, nobody knows if we'll survive 2020

Battle Pass isn't for Frontline, it happens to just be for Random battles.

rockbutcher #49 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 25456 battles
  • [BSQ] BSQ

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 12 2020 - 17:28, said:

WG made a bunch of maps then updated the game engine and had to redo the maps to implement them into the new game engine. Now they are working to add more at a much higher rate than before 1.0. 

Kraftwerk, Steel hunter, Tank race, and Home front are all-new maps that were created and implemented into our game as new modes for everyone to enjoy. Resources are being put back into the game on top of creating new maps. 

Battle Pass isn't for Frontline, it happens to just be for Random battles.

Of course, the elephant in the room that you and your's would like us to miss is this:  How much time did it take them to re-work the maps that they did for 1.0 and how much time has passed since then to re-work the two or three others that people keep asking about?  Issuing new maps that cater to 30% or so of the player base (Steel hunter et al.) and then pointing to them "OH LOOK WHAT WE DID!" is not the answer the bulk of the player base is looking for.

Jaspo #50 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40215 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

I started in on this thing, but was quickly reminded how annoying random battles are due to the plethora of poor game design choices by WG, and became demotivated. I have better things to do with my time than play a tank game with:

-very poorly implemented arty

-anything other than +/-0 tier mm

-very bad (and completely unpredictable) rng

-wheelies (though not as completely toxic and inherently broken as arty)

-completely random teams in a game that punishes you when your completely random team loses

-a lot of maps with few strategic options

-premium ammo

-huge grinds

-pointless tier 10 credit sink so no endgame

It really stings since I can see clear as day that this game would be absolutely outstanding and I would love to play it, with only a few minor revisions. If only they'd listen to the player base.

The miserable in this game is starting to critically outweigh the enjoyable for me, and it's not because I suck at it; whether or not my skill improves further has no bearing on whether I will enjoy the game more.

That's demotivating as well.

Frontlines? It does a lot of the things better. However, it has become a bit too much of a wheelie-chasing-with-permastunned-crew simulator. Ban the wheelies, and remove the air and artillery strikes, or at the very least, remove stun. But it would be better to replace them with a more clever and natural mechanic of some sort.

_Koschei_ #51 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 01:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38650 battles
  • [CCCM] CCCM

View PostPTwr, on Mar 12 2020 - 01:17, said:

You watch it again :]

Both article and video state that point limit is per tank, with limit being higher on higher tiers. 

which means player working on a mission like I am that is restrained to 1 tank for years can not receive the same rewards as everyone else....in other words not being treated like other players. 

limiting points on 1 tank discriminates against the player who only has 1 tank he can play \

so for me battle pass is bad event just like frontline steelhunter etc....

Garandster #52 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 02:40

Captain

• Players
  • 7245 battles

View Post_Koschei_, on Mar 12 2020 - 19:44, said:

which means player working on a mission like I am that is restrained to 1 tank for years can not receive the same rewards as everyone else....in other words not being treated like other players. 

limiting points on 1 tank discriminates against the player who only has 1 tank he can play \

They're not forcing you to play just one tank, you have put this arbitrary constraint on yourself.

VonChoker #53 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 02:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27165 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
I'd like to know how to display the badge manually as I can't find a screen called account status anywhere in game. thanks for any help with this

grego34 #54 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 12:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42531 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 12 2020 - 10:29, said:

but you have more time to think of ways to have us "pay" to win??   With so many other events going on.  We needed this event like we need the new "Virus"

subweevil #55 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 16:09

Captain

• Players
  • 44482 battles
  • [ATWAT] ATWAT
Hooray, TEMPORARY maps for TEMPORARY events.  How about FULL TIME maps for the FULL TIME game?  Make the STANDARD game better, plain and simple.  Enough of this "Flash in the pan" stuff, anyone can show mediocrity for a split second.

PTwr #56 Posted Mar 13 2020 - 17:40

Major

• Players
  • 52640 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View Post_Koschei_, on Mar 13 2020 - 00:44, said:

Well. Its your decision to restrict yourself to mission specific tank. Even if yer pushing on-track you still can play other tank or two when yer primary grinder is down. 

I have no idea what mission you are on that takes years in one tank, care to explain? 

Krashkart #57 Posted Mar 14 2020 - 09:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 11109 battles

What?! No tank at the end?! Are you kidding me?!  I want a Bourrasque dammit!!!

Tyrion_Lannister #58 Posted Mar 20 2020 - 03:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35804 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL
a friend asked me this and i wasnt sure ,so i figured id ask the tribe. lets say im lvl 10 non premium battle pass. now i want to go premium battlepass. Will it give me all the premium stuff for those 10 lvels i missed out on?

Craig234 #59 Posted Mar 21 2020 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 64168 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 11 2020 - 09:46, said:

3. You can buy levels without having the premium pass.

The purchases like buy levels said they require the pass...

Jambijon #60 Posted Apr 02 2020 - 14:21

Lead Community Manager

• Developer
  • 4251 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Here's a more detailed look into the customization rewards available with the Battle Pass:

Earn Battle Pass Rewards & Shine on the Battlefield

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users