Ranked Battles Feedback Ranked Competitive

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Gr1zzLy_OwO #1 Posted Mar 21 2020 - 19:50

Corporal

• Community Contributor
  • 22825 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Hello guys, well this will be my first forum feedback on something, i already said this somewhere else but i wanted to place it here aswell so others can read and share their opinions about it, its a long feedback so get comfy, take some snack and lets get into it:

i just preffer the idea of encouraging actual teamwork gameplay to the game, yet remain the individual performance
just like homefront
that game was just the perfect example
not considering it was PvE
but if it was PvP it would have been the perfect competitive gamemode
in homefront didnt matter if you got carried or not, it would still be a longer way if u dont perfom as good as the others
because it was depending on your position in the team the amount of points u get
yes people could help you out, but that would mean they will be sacrificing their own performance aswell
WICH is not a bad idea
considering the only way to work that out is by pure teamwork gameplay
competitive gameplay should be pure teamwork and strategy
not just going into a random battle and do good against clueless players like u always do
competitive (ranked) should be all about communication, teamwork and strategy (even on the go this is all possible)
just like homefront u could also go solo and get matched with a bunch of solos and prepare a strat with that
if they do want to win they will communicate
if not then theres always the #looking-for-toon (on WoT NA Discord) or get in a game where people do want to win and communicate and stick with them
this happens in every single game that has a competitive gamemode
CSGO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Paladins, Overwatch, Halo and the list can keep going
they should reduce the 15v15
to a 7v7 or even 5v5 to make it just like homefront
and enable 5man platoons
homefront AND the halloween gamemode aswell lets not forget about that
to get max efficiency per game it was all about teamwork aswell
going together to hunt the big targets in groups and getting back to base, then dividing for small targets and etc
we have gone with 2 man platoons and most of the time ended with a full platoon with "pubbies" that wanted to do teamwork and win
so thinking that going solo in a 5v5 or 7v7 wouldnt be possible then ur wrong there
gamemodes like these can make new friendships and experiences, good ones overall
infact, ill put myself as an example, i started all the competitive race thanks to teambattles long time ago meeting with people that did care to win and i sticked to them, look where that led me to, and same/similar story goes to a lot of players around here.
my way to visualize competitive gameplay is by helping each other to reach the win, not just doing a lone wolf kind of role.
for that you have random battles, thats nothing but lone wolfing at this point. and that only shows how you are playing solo, not as a team
clans look players that work good playing as a team, not "pub stars"
changing rankeds from a worse random battles into a team battles like gamemode it would be the way to go in my opinion

and thats my feedback about ranked battles.

Share your opinions down below, and Good luck on the Battlefield!

Edited by Gr1zzLy_OwO, Mar 22 2020 - 07:00.

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ #2 Posted Mar 21 2020 - 20:13

Captain

• Players
  • 41262 battles
  • [_UWU_] _UWU_
I only wanna know when we will get our ranked rewards. I finished Ranked and got enough tokens (9) for KPZ 50t >_> . I can't wait anymore to play it. 

CremeFraiche1 #3 Posted Mar 21 2020 - 22:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12737 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL

View PostGr1zzLy_OwO, on Mar 21 2020 - 19:50, said:

Hello guys, well this will be my first forum feedback on something, i already said this somewhere else but i wanted to place it here aswell so others can read and share their opinions about it, its a long feedback so get comfy, take some snack and lets get into it:

i just preffer the idea of encouraging actual teamwork gameplay to the game, yet remain the individual performance
just like homefront
that game was just the perfect example
not considering it was PvE
but if it was PvP it would have been the perfect competitive gamemode
in homefront didnt matter if you got carried or not, it would still be a longer way if u dont perfom as good as the others
because it was depending on your position in the team the amount of points u get
yes people could help you out, but that would mean they will be sacrificing their own performance aswell
WICH is not a bad idea
considering the only way to work that out is by pure teamwork gameplay
competitive gameplay should be pure teamwork and strategy
not just going into a random battle and do good against clueless players like u always do
no
competitive (ranked) should be all about communication, teamwork and strategy (even on the go this is all possible)
just like homefront u could also go solo and get matched with a bunch of solos and prepare a strat with that
if they do want to win they will communicate
if not then theres always the #looking-for-toon (on WoT NA Discord) or get in a game where people do want to win and communicate and stick with them
this happens in every single game that has a competitive gamemode
CSGO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Paladins, Overwatch, Halo and the list can keep going
they should reduce the 15v15
to a 7v7 or even 5v5 to make it just like homefront
and enable 5man platoons
homefront AND the halloween gamemode aswell lets not forget about that
to get max efficiency per game it was all about teamwork aswell
going together to hunt the big targets in groups and getting back to base, then dividing for small targets and etc
we have gone with 2 man platoons and most of the time ended with a full platoon with "pubbies" that wanted to do teamwork and win
so thinking that going solo in a 5v5 or 7v7 wouldnt be possible then ur wrong there
gamemodes like these can make new friendships and experiences, good ones overall
infact, ill put myself as an example, i started all the competitive race thanks to teambattles long time ago meeting with people that did care to win and i sticked to them, look where that led me to, and same/similar story goes to a lot of players around here.
my way to visualize competitive gameplay is by helping each other to reach the win, not just doing a lone wolf kind of role.
for that you have random battles, thats nothing but lone wolfing at this point. and that only shows how you are playing solo, not as a team
clans look players that work good playing as a team, not "pub stars"
changing rankeds from a worse random battles into a team battles like gamemode it would be the way to go in my opinion

and thats my feedback about ranked battles.

Share your opinions down below, and Good luck on the Battlefield!

BRUH.... Why did you format your article like this? I can't read it.

BigJohnsonLogan #4 Posted Mar 21 2020 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39663 battles

View PostCremeFraiche1, on Mar 21 2020 - 16:10, said:

Because Ranked Battles are Garbage !

This game mode breeds the most toxicity of any game mode in World Of Tanks.

It promotes camping, damage farming and cutting off and/or blocking your teammates to get the last kill or most damage each match for that extra chevron.

It allows clan wars try hards to dominate the game with overpowered reward tanks.

It garbage game mode designed by garbage game designers.

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Mar 30 2020 - 05:59.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #5 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 03:56

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

I just quit RANKED battles.  I made it out of the first division, but after one night in the second division I am DONE.   I wish I hadn't wasted 10-12 hours on it. 

The biggest issue is the Chieftan.  It is so OP it has completely ruined RANKED.  Any other heavy can't come close to being as good as the Chieftan and I play mostly heavies so I am stuck with meds but they aren't my favorite.  

I have the 113, 5A, 277, Maus, E100, E5, IS7, IS4, but they are all compete garbage compared to the Chieftan.  The problem with the Chieftan is the strong very small turret and the amazing gun depression and it's fast too.  If it is working a ridge is it unpennable. 

WG, why won't you nerf the gun-depression of the Chieftan by 1 degree?  The tank would still be one of the best tanks in the game, but not completely OP.

CIRCONFLEXES is one of the best players in the world and a CC, but he won't play tier 10, PERIOD, until WG balances the tanks and the same with me.  I am done with tier 10 too.  I am going to dust off my tier 6's and 7's and start grinding battle pass and I am looking forward to Front Line, but no more time wasted in RANKED for me.  

Edited by mdellyd, Mar 22 2020 - 04:16.

Gr1zzLy_OwO #6 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 06:59

Corporal

• Community Contributor
  • 22825 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostCremeFraiche1, on Mar 21 2020 - 22:10, said:

fixed :P

Edited by Gr1zzLy_OwO, Mar 22 2020 - 07:00.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #7 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 16:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41377 battles
Its definitely a lot harder to progress in stage 2, then it was in stage 1.  I managed to make it to division 2, but just can not progress any farther, after two days of trying. Gain a chevron lose a chevron. Seems to be the out come for me, over and over. Last nights battles were mostly 4 T95Fvs on both teams with lots of 260s,  EBRs and 907s, they are defiantly dominating the mode right now. Going to give it one more try tonight, and if i can not progress. I am going to throw in the towel, which kind of sucks because, i have 8 tokens and just need to finish division 2, to at least get the tank.

InappropriateHandHolding #8 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 18:19

Captain

• Players
  • 40836 battles

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Mar 21 2020 - 23:03, said:

Because

This game mode breeds the most toxicity of any game mode in World Of Tanks.

It promotes camping, damage farming and cutting off and/or blocking your teammates to get the last kill or most damage each match for that extra chevron.

It allows clan wars try hards to dominate the game with overpowered reward tanks.

It garbage game mode designed by garbage game designers.

Imagine 

1 watching qb in 2020

2 quoting qb in 2020

3 not being able to think for yourself enough to notice the qb is trash

BigJohnsonLogan #9 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39663 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 22 2020 - 12:19, said:

Imagine 

1 watching qb in 2020

2 quoting qb in 2020

Actually, QuickyBaby's reasons for disliking the game mode called Ranked Battles are very valid to this day. He explains in detail the problems with the game mode, the most common tanks played by top players, the problems with the experience scoring. The fact you can not appreciate a well documented video with evidence is likely your lack of formal education.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #10 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 22 2020 - 18:19, said:

Imagine 

1 watching qb in 2020

2 quoting qb in 2020

Why is QB trash?  His stats are good enough to get in any clan on any server.  He has 617,000 youtube subs and his vids average around 175,000 views.  He posts a couple vids a week so that means his channel gets around 20 MILLION views a year.  His twitch streams have over 5,000 and sometime 10,000 live viewers and he gets countless cash donations every stream.  

Is he trash because he is just so incredibly successful with a cute wife and making mucho dinero playing a video game and being swamped by fans at tankfest and you aren't?

Is he trash because he does not play CW's which is a completely useless time-sink for which you get rewards that don't come close to equating the time spent playing?  I would rather work at Walmart and buy gold then play CW's for gold and I have no need for CW's reward tanks just like QB, or Circon, or SKILL or many of the CC's none of whom play CW's.    

Back to the topic at hand, RANKED battles is a CANCER.  WOT's stole RANKED battles from WOWS, but in WOWS they change the tier for every ranked battles somethings as low as tier 6.  The problem with WOT's RANKED battles is that it is always tier 10, but tier 10 is broken as far as tank balance mostly because of reward tanks.  If WG made ranked for only tech-tree tanks and then balanced them by nerfing the 430U and buffing a few heavies (IS4,E100,E5,IS7) up to the level of the super-conq/277 then ranked battles might be fun.  

Edited by mdellyd, Mar 22 2020 - 22:42.

InappropriateHandHolding #11 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 22:54

Captain

• Players
  • 40836 battles

View Postmdellyd, on Mar 22 2020 - 22:29, said:

Why is QB trash?  His stats are good enough to get in any clan on any server.  He has 617,000 youtube subs and his vids average around 175,000 views.  He posts a couple vids a week so that means his channel gets around 20 MILLION views a year.  His twitch streams have over 5,000 and sometime 10,000 live viewers and he gets countless cash donations every stream.  

Is he trash because he is just so incredibly successful with a cute wife and making mucho dinero playing a video game and being swamped by fans at tankfest and you aren't?

Is he trash because he does not play CW's which is a completely useless time-sink for which you get rewards that don't come close to equating the time spent playing?  I would rather work at Walmart and buy gold then play CW's for gold and I have no need for CW's reward tanks just like QB, or Circon, or SKILL or many of the CC's none of whom play CW's.    

Back to the topic at hand, RANKED battles is a CANCER.  WOT's stole RANKED battles from WOWS, but in WOWS they change the tier for every ranked battles somethings as low as tier 6.  The problem with WOT's RANKED battles is that it is always tier 10, but tier 10 is broken as far as tank balance mostly because of reward tanks.  If WG made ranked for only tech-tree tanks and then balanced them by nerfing the 430U and buffing a few heavies (IS4,E100,E5,IS7) up to the level of the super-conq/277 then ranked battles might be fun.  

If you ever actually watch him play he is horrible he would not pass evals to get into any good clan. And ranked is a horrible mode simply because of how it was made win and you get chevrons or retain lose and you will prob lose chevrons so half the people are just trying to get the 1 chevron on the losing team throwing battles and the people who actually try to win.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #12 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 22 2020 - 22:54, said:

If you ever actually watch him play he is horrible he would not pass evals to get into any good clan. And ranked is a horrible mode simply because of how it was made win and you get chevrons or retain lose and you will prob lose chevrons so half the people are just trying to get the 1 chevron on the losing team throwing battles and the people who actually try to win.

QB is hated by NA CW's players and I certainly understand why, but I don't see how you can objectively argue with his stats.  I have posted a link to his tier 10 stats below.  QB is purple in EVERY SINGLE tier 10 tank, 59 of them.  The only tank he is not purple is the M60, but he only has 10 games in it.  

You are trying to tell me that purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks will not get you in any NA Clan?  I am not talking about YOUJO.  I am talking about the top clans on NA.  

He also plays on stream while talking to up to 5,000 and 10,000 people and having games interrupted on his screen by messages of new subs and donations.  He also does not play OP tanks.  He has a 70% winrate in 2684 over 141 battles and 68% in 279E over 148 battles, but he does not play them because its so easy for him to win in OP tanks he feels like he is taking advantage of the game.  He prefers to play in bad tanks like the Manticore where he has a 64% winrate.  

Again, QB is purple in EVERY SINGLE tier 10 tank, 59 of them, except the M60, but he only has 10 games in it.  

You can "talk" all  you want about how you personally think hes not a good player, but purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks is exceptional play.  

Again, he has purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks, FIFTY NINE!!!!!!!!!!!

https://wotlabs.net/...er/quickfingers

BigJohnsonLogan #13 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 02:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39663 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 22 2020 - 16:54, said:

Oh, look, you agreed with the original poster, "And ranked is a horrible mode simply because of how it was made".

And I wish I was as bad as QuickyBaby at this game ...

InappropriateHandHolding #14 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 09:39

Captain

• Players
  • 40836 battles

View Postmdellyd, on Mar 23 2020 - 00:55, said:

QB is hated by NA CW's players and I certainly understand why, but I don't see how you can objectively argue with his stats.  I have posted a link to his tier 10 stats below.  QB is purple in EVERY SINGLE tier 10 tank, 59 of them.  The only tank he is not purple is the M60, but he only has 10 games in it.  

You are trying to tell me that purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks will not get you in any NA Clan?  I am not talking about YOUJO.  I am talking about the top clans on NA.  

He also plays on stream while talking to up to 5,000 and 10,000 people and having games interrupted on his screen by messages of new subs and donations.  He also does not play OP tanks.  He has a 70% winrate in 2684 over 141 battles and 68% in 279E over 148 battles, but he does not play them because its so easy for him to win in OP tanks he feels like he is taking advantage of the game.  He prefers to play in bad tanks like the Manticore where he has a 64% winrate.  

Again, QB is purple in EVERY SINGLE tier 10 tank, 59 of them, except the M60, but he only has 10 games in it.  

You can "talk" all  you want about how you personally think hes not a good player, but purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks is exceptional play.  

Again, he has purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks, FIFTY NINE!!!!!!!!!!!

https://wotlabs.net/...er/quickfingers

EU is a vastly easier region to get unicum stats in.  Most good players that go from na to eu have about 600-800 higher wn8

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #15 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 13:23

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 23 2020 - 09:39, said:

EU is a vastly easier region to get unicum stats in.  Most good players that go from na to eu have about 600-800 higher wn8

It is funny that because you have "heard of" 1 or 2 players who re-rolled from NA to EU and their stats might be slightly better, because they rerolled, and that is the basis of your "theory" that EU is an easier server to play on.  

Most NA purple CW's players have less than 20K battles and some only 5-10K and only around a dozen tier 10 tanks.  They don't have 57,000 games and 59 tier 10 tanks all with purple stats.  QB also has to play really bad tanks due to tank requests and he still does well in them.  QB not only has every single tier 10 tank in the game in his garage, but he has every single tank in the game in his garage with crews in every one of them.   Are there any NA purple players who can say that?  

The bottomline is that if you like him or not QB is one of the best players in the world in any class of tank, PERIOD.  That is a fact.

InappropriateHandHolding #16 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 40836 battles

View Postmdellyd, on Mar 23 2020 - 13:23, said:

It is funny that because you have "heard of" 1 or 2 players who re-rolled from NA to EU and their stats might be slightly better, because they rerolled, and that is the basis of your "theory" that EU is an easier server to play on.  

Most NA purple CW's players have less than 20K battles and some only 5-10K and only around a dozen tier 10 tanks.  They don't have 57,000 games and 59 tier 10 tanks all with purple stats.  QB also has to play really bad tanks due to tank requests and he still does well in them.  QB not only has every single tier 10 tank in the game in his garage, but he has every single tank in the game in his garage with crews in every one of them.   Are there any NA purple players who can say that?  

The bottomline is that if you like him or not QB is one of the best players in the world in any class of tank, PERIOD.  That is a fact.

Show me when qb is ever good enough to actually do CW

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #17 Posted Mar 30 2020 - 12:30

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #18 Posted Mar 30 2020 - 12:33

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 23 2020 - 15:21, said:

Show me when qb is ever good enough to actually do CW

Just about every player in the game is good enough to actually do CW's since there are millions of players in clans who are, you know, doing CW's.  There are more RED players in clans than PURPLE, you know.    

The reason SKILL, CIRCON and QUICKYBABY, who are all among the best players in the world, don't do CW's is because CW's is a time sink and all you get out of it is useless tier 10 tanks that while OP don't really give you anything valuable or important.  

SKILL has 3-MARKED every tech-tree tank in the game.  To challenge himself, he is now marking tanks at 100%.  Are you saying he's not good enough to be in any NA clan?   

QUICKYBABY has purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks.  Are you saying he's not good enough to be in any NA Clan with purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks? 

Edited by mdellyd, Mar 30 2020 - 12:37.

InappropriateHandHolding #19 Posted Mar 30 2020 - 13:41

Captain

• Players
  • 40836 battles

View Postmdellyd, on Mar 30 2020 - 12:33, said:

Just about every player in the game is good enough to actually do CW's since there are millions of players in clans who are, you know, doing CW's.  There are more RED players in clans than PURPLE, you know.    

The reason SKILL, CIRCON and QUICKYBABY, who are all among the best players in the world, don't do CW's is because CW's is a time sink and all you get out of it is useless tier 10 tanks that while OP don't really give you anything valuable or important.  

SKILL has 3-MARKED every tech-tree tank in the game.  To challenge himself, he is now marking tanks at 100%.  Are you saying he's not good enough to be in any NA clan?   

QUICKYBABY has purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks.  Are you saying he's not good enough to be in any NA Clan with purple stats in 59 tier 10 tanks? 

He can pad wn8 in eu pubs it's not hard it's like coming in first in a race where everyone else has to crawl.  How he actually plays he would never make it into any kind of good clan + his attitude.  He has the stats but he is a pub star that shows none of the skills you need for CW.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #20 Posted Mar 30 2020 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 46739 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Mar 30 2020 - 13:41, said:

He can pad wn8 in eu pubs it's not hard it's like coming in first in a race where everyone else has to crawl.  How he actually plays he would never make it into any kind of good clan + his attitude.  He has the stats but he is a pub star that shows none of the skills you need for CW.

You really are a funny guy.  When I read your posts I always laugh out loud. 

It is nice to hear YOU label QUICKYBABY a "pub star" and I am completely and utterly shocked that you have finally acknowledged that I am right and QUICKYBABY is one of the best players in the world and in your words a "pub star."  

I could care less about CW's so whether you think he would be good or bad in CW's means literally nothing to me, I COULD CARE LESS.  CW's is a complete and utter waste of time.  Players spend hours and hours and hours in SH's and CW's and hours and hours and hours sitting around waiting for SH's and CW's for what?  A few scraps of gold you would be better off working at WalMart and buying gold, bonds which now everybody gets pretty easily and tanks that are only really good in CW's so you are playing CW's to get tanks to play in CW's to get more tanks to play in CW's!, ROFL.  CW's is also not about individual skill unlike the now defunct, what was it even called, WG's competitive mode and I can't even remember it's name, WG LEAGUE, maybe?  That was about players skill while CW's is about team play since one player in 15 does not have much influence in CW's or do you carry CW's battles in your Clan, ROFL.  

I can't imagine a player with a better attitude than QUICKYBABY.  His incredibly polite, nice, humble, competitive, extremely intelligent and positive attitude is why he is by leaps and bounds the most successful content creator in the history of WOT's.  He just had a special stream to celebrate his 5-year wedding anniversary so he is incredibly successful both in and out of WOT's.  QUICKYBABY has also streamed 13-days in a row to provide extra content for his subs who are sitting home due to coronavirus which shows what and incredible person he truly is and he has also raised over $100,000 for charities.  If you want to see how talented QB is, watch his DOOM ETERNAL stream, where he plays the game on the hardest difficultly level and masters it.    

5 Year Marriage Showcase Special - Playing Tanks with TANYA! - 29/03/2020 · yesterday

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578378427

QUICKYBABY is well known throughout the WORLD of WOT's while not a single person on another server could even name any players on NA.   You are like a lot of NA players who, for some reason, think you are better than players on other servers, when NA only has around 20K players a night and is barely existing, while on EU there are 150K a night and 300K on RU. NA is considered the garbage heap and where WOT's releases complex patches first so if it crashes the server it's not a big deal. 

Edited by mdellyd, Mar 30 2020 - 14:49.

Also tagged with Ranked Battles, Feedback, Ranked, Competitive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users