Please fix arty, all of arty

arty nerf fix overpowered

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Llathrum #1 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 18864 battles

Let me start with the FV 304, have you looked at the size comparison to the Damage output? the ELC tiny as it is does more damage and is 1/3 the size.

2. Open sight arty is in total defense mode. I bonus to hit she be enabled. Arty is made of TP and bounces shells like wet TP cleans your butt/ Sure it can happen but how often or effective.

3. You all ganged up on arty is beat the living $*** out of it and us arty players have been made to suffer it. No armor, some SPGs are so slow its laughable while some are like rockets.

4.All direct damage never comes close to what the listed damage says it is

5, Hitting something is part luck and part skill. On some SPGs I can wait 40 to 50 seconds to reload only to wiffel it into a building, the water or no where close enough to even off a worthless stun.

Im not saying make arty into the old KV1S, we all enjoyed that unless you was getting hammered by one. Im saying Arty needs a buff and is long over due.

Give arty different guns that do different things. A high arc gun, or a siege mode that allows arty to high arc/ Buff the open sights on art when trying to defend itself. Give it some armor, it should not be made of wet TP for wheeled POS tanks to roll in and kill 3 artys in a snap.

Go ahead you parking campers, fire away.

FB_IMG_1508427688898.jpgJdsjNSR.jpgLlathrumTablet 062.jpg

Edited by Llathrum, Mar 22 2020 - 20:11.

PuddleSplasher #2 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 40341 battles
I love my Arty and its players :honoring:

cavalry11 #3 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53436 battles
  • [APG] APG
Strongly agree.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostLlathrum, on Mar 22 2020 - 16:10, said:

Let me start with the FV 304, have you looked at the size comparison to the Damage output? the ELC tiny as it is does more damage and is 1/3 the size.   Size and damage done does not always correlate with weapon systems.

2.  I bonus to hit she be enabled.   <  I challenge you to explain what that sentence means.

3.  ... some SPGs are so slow its laughable while some are like rockets.   So... like a Tog vs. an EBR ?   See, real tanks are diverse, too.

4. All direct damage never comes close to what the listed damage says it is   True... but in the case of artymobiles, that's a very GOOD thing.

5, Hitting something is part luck and part skill.    You mean like, the same as every real tank in the game, right ?

Im saying Arty needs a buff and is long over due.   Nope... no buffs for artymobiles... sorry.

... tanks to roll in and kill 3 artys in a snap.   Yeah, that's what I enjoy !!

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #5 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 29205 battles
  • [VALUE] VALUE
you deserve to suffer for trying to make everyone else suffer :^)

n4cer67 #6 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 20:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18356 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
The SPG's of different nations have guns with different characteristics, some have high velocity and low arcs where others have slow velocity and high arcs. It would be great if all the SPG's were given the option to mount any gun that was designed for them at some period. For example the SU-26 had a 122mm at one time until the nerfers cried to the point it was removed even though it had short range and long reload. The SPG's need their full damage restored along with faster aim, reload and better accuracy. It would also be great if the would add SPG's to all the tech trees along with a Low level (teir 4 or 5) premium SPG and a High level (Tier 8) Premium SPG for each tree. Plenty of premiums for the other classes but the SPG's get neglected/ignored. As far as armor and maneuverability go that's also different as different nations had varying ideas about their designs. Try working on the perks that increase traverse skill and adding spall liners.

Christojojo #7 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 22:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37195 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I would be okay with WG making the arties into TDS like the 4005. That thing can stay hidden and blast you into oblivion in one shot. No one rages how unfair that tank is when it hits you with its one or two loads before it dies.

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 23:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 16716 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Three arties is too many in a match. It should be capped at two . Just my opinion.

Christojojo #9 Posted Mar 22 2020 - 23:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37195 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostCowcat137, on Mar 22 2020 - 17:03, said:

Three arties is too many in a match. It should be capped at two . Just my opinion.

as long as all nerfs were removed

Llathrum #10 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 00:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 18864 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 22 2020 - 14:31, said:

Let me start with the FV 304, have you looked at the size comparison to the Damage output? the ELC tiny as it is does more damage and is 1/3 the size.   Size and damage done does not always correlate with weapon systems.

This is understandable, however the FV304 does not need to be as big as a Type 5 to do 100 damage (sometimes,maybe) The FV304 does carry 64 rounds but the damage vs size of tank, number of shells does not equal the fact that its as big as a M4

2.  I bonus to hit she be enabled.   <  I challenge you to explain what that sentence means.

Sorry this should have read a Bonus to hit in Shotgun mode should be enabled. Out of SPG mode it should be more like a bad aiming TD vs The Type 5 is right in front of you and you still miss

3.  ... some SPGs are so slow its laughable while some are like rockets.   So... like a Tog vs. an EBR ?   See, real tanks are diverse, too.

Right its an idea of making tanks different because if they was only different in name only what would be the point. My logical thoughts on the subject is no one in real life would make a SPG that has to be moble go this slow. There have been games where I dont even make it into possition before I am spotting and murdered

4. All direct damage never comes close to what the listed damage says it is   True... but in the case of artymobiles, that's a very GOOD thing.

Negative thoughts on this, all other tanks do the damage or near the damage with consideration to armor types and thicknesses

5, Hitting something is part luck and part skill.    You mean like, the same as every real tank in the game, right ?

Not exactly, but close, An arty waits anywhere from 12 second FV304 to 40 seconds Untrained (GW E 100), 45 seconds (T92 USA), 50 seconds reload BC 155  58 with a 10 second reload on a 3 shot mag.

The length of time between shots is horrible considering the reload of a KV 2 of 20 seconds, nearly 30 seconds for the (FV4005) but these are all untrained.

The penalty of missing a fully zoomed in retical that takes forever (different issue) is horribly wrong. BOOM it lands in the water or off the cliff, into a building in the forground or som other worthless spot.

... tanks to roll in and kill 3 artys in a snap.   Yeah, that's what I enjoy !!  LoLz yah Troll :P , still its wrong, any tank should have a chance to protect itself. Hell man real live tanks have machine guns for protection when troops get near, but lets not add short ranged guns or should we?

SGTZIM #11 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 04:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 58962 battles
  • [EWC] EWC
I play a lot of arty and anymore, I would just as soon see it pulled completely rather then keep it the way it is. The RNG is horrendous. I play normal tanks too and rarely if ever does one of their shots go all the way to the edge of the aiming reticle. With arty, it is about 50/50, with shots constantly going way long, left, right and short. The FV304 talked about does ZERO stun damage, even on direct hits. The T92 has trouble sometime even landing close enough to even stun, and that with the biggest blast radius in the game. It's become like golf, where you play it just for the 2 or 3 good shots you get in a game. Kill it or fix it, but do something about it.

Also tagged with arty, nerf, fix, overpowered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users