KRZY 1.9 Update Changes

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

LtKelly #41 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 03:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19660 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
One quick question the KV-13 is due to be removed from the tech tree will this lead to both the A-44 and the IS being fully researched if you have it in your garage or just the IS, since the A-44 is a lateral move jumping the lines.

Mikosah #42 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 04:45

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The irony is that balance isn't even the topic of these 'balance changes'. The low tier HP buff is really just a quality-of-life thing. To be clear, I'm satisfied with the way things turned out, I do look forward to progress being made. As of the previous sandbox, I would hope the lesson learned was simple and obvious- the proposed HE changes were unpopular because they didn't solve a single one of our problems, all other complaints were incidental. The only problem with the current HE system is that for small caliber guns its useless unless its HESH with higher than normal pen. Ergo, just give small caliber HE shells enough pen to reliably punish paper armor and problem solved.

As of the indirect gold shell alpha nerf, there's three reasons why it wasn't as successful as hoped.

1- AP's alpha advantage is meaningless if it just can't pen the target in front of you.

2- The indirect nature of the change by buffing AP and changing hit point values as opposed to just nerfing gold is a pain for everyone.

3- The new paradigm where gold shells have an alpha disadvantage (indirect or otherwise) while still costing a ridiculous amount of credits makes life difficult in the situations where using gold shells is actually justified.

So in response, three solutions:

1- Roll back some of the buffed armor values, make weakspots bigger, softer, and more common. Give us situations where we're actually tempted to try our luck on a high-damage, low-pen shell.

2- Leave standard alpha and hit point values alone, make the change clean and simple by directly lowering gold shell alpha.

3- Reduce the credit cost of firing gold shells significantly. If these are properly balanced on the same level as standard AP, so should the costs.

Enigmafied #43 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 04:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 19452 battles

View PostShibadogdog, on Mar 23 2020 - 22:06, said:

What of this? thousands of hours spent researching hundreds of tanks... great for the new players what of the rest of us?? you know the people who have made this game work for the last decade? I have invested  thousands if not millions of EXP in the over 400 tanks I have researched. I spent over 100k free exp when the changes were announced to get tanks that were listed as going away.   Edit I missed this second part I thought these were classed as special vehicles ie put any crew in them ?? Great it gets even worse

View PostWicked__3, on Mar 23 2020 - 23:10, said:

I feel like they played me/us, they knew the false information floating around the forums about the tier 6-10 tanks going into a special/reward class. They knew this before they had this Tech tree discount Sale.

I fell for it,  50% off equip/consumable, Crew retrain/reset discount, BLEW all my Blueprints, FREE exp, Grinding Time  on Tanks that others will be able to buy without researching. I guess I'm lucky , I didn't buy the Battle Pass 6,000 gold for extra Blueprints/Credits to make this happen.

I did buy 1 tier 10, 2 tier 9, 1 tier 7, 2 tier 6 tanks on the hope they would be good crew trainers after the New Balance.

GJ WG             You got me No Vaseline, No Kiss, No thank you Ma'am..........Just a Wham Bam

Wicked__3

I also blew all my blueprints on a bunch of tanks, plus a bunch of free XP. Plus all of the XP I ground. All for "special" tanks that turns out will not be special at all.

What is going to be happening with this WG? I feel a mutiny coming if this is not handled appropriately.

Sturm_Schnitzel #44 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 06:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 23 2020 - 08:18, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

I am just going to lead off with this, and everyone that posts " they are removing tanks from the game," will not be addressed. 

To summarize: 

Lower tier vehicles up to tier 6 are all getting more HP and added durability (health) to ammo racks. This will allow for a more forgiving learning experience at those tiers (my personal opinion). 

All the Tech tree changes are happening and I recommend you check out this link HERE

Many questions and what-if scenarios are included in the news article. 

Enjoy :D

A lot of these changes are crap. Stupid inbred crap. So you're telling us that WG is taking the VK 30.01 P, which is a great and FUN tier 6 medium tank (one I have 3 marked) and, most likely SLOWING it's speed down, turning it into probably a crappy tier 6 heavy. Also, they're turning the tier 5 30.01 H which started out as a fantastic, fast tier 6 medium tank (loved it), then turned into a slow piece of cornturd heavy, now to be turned into a cornturd medium? (Kinda neutral about this, unless they restore it to the fast tier 6 it once was, which would be awesome)

Now, the collector's tanks, are they all going to have just one crap loadout or are we actually going to have a choice of weapons at least?

edit: I am glad the British Crusader is being restored to light tank again. Thanks.

But now, I understand the Crusader is going be a tier 6? At tier 5, it's a decent/fun tank. At tier 6, it's going to be a pile of steaming garbage unless the devs are going to make unrealistically fast. I mean, did the devs and execs at WG have a full meal of stupid with an extra side of Hodor to think that this was a good decision? Or, are these devs just messing with the game because they have to justify the purpose of thier jobs to the WG execs? Enlighten us please.:great:

Edited by Sturm_Schnitzel, Mar 24 2020 - 16:38.

arunvarun #45 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 07:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33229 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN

WG, make the crew on all tier 6 and above Collector's vehicles transferable without penalty. Like the premium tanks.

You're already selling them for credits, so why not go an extra step and make them nice crew trainers? Please do this, NOW!

Gtraxeman #46 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 14:01

Captain

• Players
  • 38464 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostEnigmafied, on Mar 24 2020 - 04:51, said:

I also blew all my blueprints on a bunch of tanks, plus a bunch of free XP. Plus all of the XP I ground. All for "special" tanks that turns out will not be special at all.

Glad that I took the article that said "no need to grind these lines", to heart. I did grind what I could, just in case, but did not use free xp or blue prints. That was to be a last ditch effort if needed. I was busier accumulating credits for the purchases. Now that they are not going to be "crew" trainers, my strategy has changed from buy all that I can, to buy what will strategically unlock the next level. Saving me gold, free xp, and blueprints.

Shibadogdog #47 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 14:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57002 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostSturm_Schnitzel, on Mar 23 2020 - 23:20, said:

A lot of these changes are crap. 

edit: I am glad the British Crusader is being restored to light tank again. Thanks.

You must have missed the part about it being made a T6 light. It was always to slow for a light even at T5

Diacom #48 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 15:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31894 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 23 2020 - 09:18, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

I am just going to lead off with this, and everyone that posts " they are removing tanks from the game," will not be addressed. 

To summarize: 

Lower tier vehicles up to tier 6 are all getting more HP and added durability (health) to ammo racks. This will allow for a more forgiving learning experience at those tiers (my personal opinion). 

All the Tech tree changes are happening and I recommend you check out this link HERE

Many questions and what-if scenarios are included in the news article. 

Enjoy :D

Krzy,

Here we go.  This is still an idiotic move by WG.

Will the KV1S revert back to its original tier VI configuration?  There is no reason it shouldn't!

Why are players being forced to purchase gold to convert xp on tanks they have played for the sole purpose of unlocking the next tank in the line?  JPII, 12T, AMX 30 etc...  We are not asking for this tech tree change so why are we being punished and forced to spend money to convert the xp?  The xp on these tanks and any of the moved to "collectors" status tanks should be moved to free xp at no cost to the player base!

Crews are going to be more of a headache than ever.  Right now would be a good time to give us a heads up on (s)Crew 2.0 so we have an idea what the hell is going to happen.  There is no reason to crew any collectors tank that doesn't already have a crew until we know more about (s)Crew 2.0.  As I suspect it will be similar to WoWS.  If this is true any credits/gold spent on crews to outfit these tanks will be a drain on the player economy.  One in which I think is intentional of WG as they want the drain of these player resources, such as they wanted them for the collector tanks, so that players will have to earn more credits or spend more money on gold.

The way I see it, this whole tech tree change is nothing but another money grab by WG.  There have been many posts as to why this is not necessary.  WG is going a head with it anyway which is a clear indication this is all about money and nothing to do with helping new players in the game.

I think I already know the answer to my questions.  As such, and until I hear otherwise, I will continue to find other things to do than waste my time with WoT or any other WGing game.  There is no point in playing and trying to progress with this game when it is being turned into a money pit to advance and the advancement I have already made is going to cost me on top of that!

Sturm_Schnitzel #49 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 16:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32 battles

View PostShibadogdog, on Mar 24 2020 - 05:13, said:

You must have missed the part about it being made a T6 light. It was always to slow for a light even at T5

I did miss the part about it being a tier 6. AW CRAP!:facepalm: It should stay at tier 5. At tier 6, it's just going to be a total piece of garbage.

Enigmafied #50 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 19:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 19452 battles

View PostGtraxeman, on Mar 24 2020 - 13:01, said:

Glad that I took the article that said "no need to grind these lines", to heart. I did grind what I could, just in case, but did not use free xp or blue prints. That was to be a last ditch effort if needed. I was busier accumulating credits for the purchases. Now that they are not going to be "crew" trainers, my strategy has changed from buy all that I can, to buy what will strategically unlock the next level. Saving me gold, free xp, and blueprints.

I spent mine in the "You need to get these tanks in your garage ASAP because the patch is coming and then they will be special collectors vehicles." communications phase. Long before the "Wargaming here again. Just trolling you guys as usual, no need to grind those tanks out, actually, if you did grind them out/spend blueprints/free XP on them you actually really just foched yourself."

Edited by Enigmafied, Mar 24 2020 - 19:01.

ken9545 #51 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 19:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [CANAM] CANAM

So, guess from a tier standpoint, the last 9/10 years have been a total waste of time

Grinding millions of xp for nothing

The only benefit we have had from the start is watching the game get worse with every update

This is a waste of time

No one had trouble with the tree's

It is M/M that is broken and has been for a couple years

Bring_The_Rain #52 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32229 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Will we be reimburse all the xp that were spent on these tanks? Or at minimum will we be given that xp back to the tank so we can convert it to free xp?

I feel like you are saying I have wasted my time grinding the WZ and AMX out. While I loved the WZ grind I am unhappy that you are going to let someone else get it for free if they just have the credits. Some compensation for the time and effort I put into the game to unlock these tanks. 

KiltedAmerican #53 Posted Mar 24 2020 - 22:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

What committee of morons decided for everyone else that the Crusader was a Light tank (again) ?

Just like a certain party in Congress doubling-down on Stupid for the last three days

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Mar 24 2020 - 22:17.

Cricketer #54 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 02:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16433 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
As it stands, if you have 1-11 blueprints of a tank, you get full blueprint compensation (4 national 12 universal). However if you get 12 and hit research, you get nothing.

It makes no sense. Just like their lie about tier 6-10 having transferable crews.

Jaspo #55 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 02:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33706 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

Before I spent a bunch of free experience on the high tier tanks:

Block Quote

If you have any of these vehicles in your Garage, they will remain there. Moreover, they will go into the promotional category, and you will have the opportunity to get a tank in the top configuration, even if you haven't researched a single module.

So of course I spent a bunch of free experience to get the amx 30 in my garage for the free upgrade, as instructed. Did the same for the t62 and amx 30b also since I liked the tanks and it was unclear what would be happening to them.

After I spent a bunch of free experience on the high tier tanks:

Block Quote

I researched the T-62A through the T-54 and didn’t unlock it until today. I still have some XP on this tank. What will happen to it?

• If you have a Tier X tank in the Soviet branch, wait until the update is released. After that, you can get the T-62A without spending XP and purchase it for credits at the price of a regular Tier X tank.
  • If there are no Tier X tanks researched in your Soviet Tech Tree, you can spend this XP to research the Object 140 and automatically unlock the T-62A.
  • If you already have the Object 140, the T-54 will gain Elite status, and you can dispose of the XP gained on it at your discretion.

This example applies to any collectible vehicle. You can get the vehicle you are interested in even if you didn’t have time to research it immediately after the release of the update without spending XP on researching it.

WG, because you have acted deceptively you owe me at bare minimum compensation in the amount of 691,900 free experience, it's quite as simple as that and there's no other way around it. I demand a public reply. As do many others here.

RoflRAWR #56 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 04:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5294 battles

I spent a bunch of time/resources/xp to grind out the T-62A/ AMX 30b because it seemed like these were to become "premium" tanks and would most likely be available via blackmarket, ect. (I know I made assumptions, but the first round of communication was not clear).  Now it looks like I would have been able to get these tanks without researching them and using xp/free xp/blueprints.  I hope we get compensation for already having these tanks in our garage, if not it will be another huge letdown due to a lack of clear communication.

Thanks for listening.

mworthy #57 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 04:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11784 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Postmadogthefirst, on Mar 23 2020 - 19:33, said:

Remember the French mediums and the British lend lease line? Thanos snapped out of the game.

Wargaming quit taking tanks out of the game the "no one plays them" excuse is stupid how about you give us a reason to play them instead of this stupid idiotic mantra you go for.

VaporSJP #58 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33258 battles

RNG will continue the same crap OK.
Broken Tanks OK
Broken Maps Ok
OK Bots
Unbalance between tanks OK
More recycled tank Premiun OK
Useless skills OK.
MM + 2 trash OK
3 artys in OK matches

Follow the same game ...... still waiting for some news to pay!

Jaspo #59 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33706 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

Block Quote

Will those players who purchased and researched a vehicle that became a Collectors' Vehicle be compensated for the spent experience?
No. If a player had already researched this vehicle they will keep it or the ability to buy it which means that they will not lose anything when it becomes a Collectors' Vehicle. This is why there will be no compensation. 

I was aware that WG was poor at logic, but I hadn't realized until now that they have no grasp whatsoever on logic.

Let me try to help.

So for this particular comparison we will be looking at 3 groups of people. These three groups should be treated equally or else compensation is required. They are,

1) the people who already have these tanks and the tanks after them on the tech tree researched

2) the people who already have these tanks researched but don't have the tanks after them on the tech tree researched

and

3) the people who have not yet researched these tanks

Group 1 has already spent all of the experience on every one of these tanks that they currently have and also on the tanks that come after them on the tech tree.

Group 2 has already spent all of the experience on every one of these tanks, but will get the ones after them without spending any experience. They have a considerable advantage over group 1.

Group 3 will not have to spend any experience on any of these tanks that they want to have, but will have to spend experience on the tanks after them on the tech tree, if I understand the typical vague wording correctly. They have a considerable advantage over group 1 but a disadvantage to group 2; the higher tier tanks cost more experience than the lower tier tanks.

WG is acting like all players are in the same boat after their "compensation" pass which absolutely boggles my mind.

Shibadogdog #60 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57002 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostJaspo, on Mar 25 2020 - 13:59, said:

I was aware that WG was poor at logic, but I hadn't realized until now that they have no grasp whatsoever on logic.

Let me try to help.

So for this particular comparison we will be looking at 3 groups of people. These three groups should be treated equally or else compensation is required. They are,

1) the people who already have these tanks and the tanks after them on the tech tree researched

2) the people who already have these tanks researched but don't have the tanks after them on the tech tree researched

and

3) the people who have not yet researched these tanks

Group 1 has already spent all of the experience on every one of these tanks that they currently have and also on the tanks that come after them on the tech tree.

Group 2 has already spent all of the experience on every one of these tanks, but will get the ones after them without spending any experience. They have a considerable advantage over group 1.

Group 3 will not have to spend any experience on any of these tanks that they want to have, but will have to spend experience on the tanks after them on the tech tree, if I understand the typical vague wording correctly. They have a considerable advantage over group 1 but a disadvantage to group 2; the higher tier tanks cost more experience than the lower tier tanks.

WG is acting like all players are in the same boat after their "compensation" pass which absolutely boggles my mind.

Gotta love the "You get to keep the tank so no compensation " lol I am losing something I PAID EXP for something your now giving away. I guess since I don't have to RE-PURCHASE it I'm all good? That's great logic

Also tagged with KRZY, 1.9, Update, Changes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users