I'm confused...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

generalhonks #1 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 15:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 68 battles
I just got here and I'm really confused on how to reliably play. I've been playing Wot Blitz for about two years now, and quickly found out that the two are very different styles of game. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips . Anything is welcome I guess.:confused:

GenPanzer #2 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 46195 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

Play more battles. Each tank, at each tier, has it's own play style. Some will match with your play style better than others.

With less than 50 battles, I'm not so sure there are any tips that would really help you at this time.

WaywardChild #3 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 17:05

Captain

• Players
  • 41027 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Get your @#$ kicked at tier 2 and 3 for a couple thousand games and it will come to you. Then do the same thing at Tiers 4 and 5. Be bold, don't hide. Fire that gun! Shoot the Red ones not the Green ones. Laugh a lot, cry sometimes, rage once in a while. It's a game.

Reichmonk #4 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 17:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30574 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

I'll give you some pointers to follow while you "learn the ropes". These will obviously not apply to average players and better.

- Never go alone anywhere. Always stick together with some teammates. Even if it means leaving a flank completely open. No point of dying alone to multiple enemies, and then that flank will become open anyway. Rather go help win the other flank.

- Never be the first tank. Play the 2nd line support. That doesn't mean sniping from 300 m+/ it means, staying behind a tank or two, use opportunities when enemy is reloading to pop out and take shots. Move with your team.

- At tier 5 and above, be very mindful if there is artillery on other team. Do not stand in open for more then few seconds. Stay behind hard cover whenever possible.

- Keep firing at every opportunity. Every shot not taken is a miss.

- If you haven't learn spotting mechanics in Blitz, that should be high up on your list. Learn what double bush means, and view ranges of enemy tanks. 

- Pay attention to spots where Tank Destroyers like to sit, and try to avoid their line of fire

This should help you. These are all core principles of this game. Some "veteran" players should fall back on these once a while too. 

Good luck. Remember, having fun is most important.

Edited by Reichmonk, Mar 25 2020 - 17:18.

KRZYBooP #5 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 17:20

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4508 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postgeneralhonks, on Mar 25 2020 - 08:47, said:

I just got here and I'm really confused on how to reliably play. I've been playing Wot Blitz for about two years now, and quickly found out that the two are very different styles of game. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips . Anything is welcome I guess.:confused:

Blitz has smaller maps and camo isn't really used as effectively. Aggressive play is the way to go and weak points on tanks are bigger compared to the HD versions in Tanks PC. 

Yes, you can be aggressive here but you have to know the map and have the correct tank to take advantage. 

Check out our CC's, join our discord by clicking the link in my signature. Joining PC means a meta shift for you, but you do have plenty of skill when it comes to finding flanking avenues :D

dunniteowl #6 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 17:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Hey, OP!

I like to toss folks new to the WoT PC version this set of links:

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

I also like to tell folks that they should consider the first section on game mechanics, "...their WoT Bible..." as in the same manner as having a Duck Hunting Bible or Archery Bible.  You can't go wrong knowing how the game works.  No matter what tier you play, what your level of 'skill' or knowledge of this game is, reading those links can still be quite useful to you.

Now, I say, "I like to toss folks new to WoT PC version..." I don't mean to exclude anyone.  This package is Geared for the New and/or Struggling-To-Improve Players willing to accept that to do better means to change how you do it.  If you haven't spent time learning the rules of the game, how much real confidence can you have that you 'really do' know what you're doing?

Read.  Reflect.  Reward.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

generalhonks #7 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 17:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 68 battles
Thanks guys.:)

Wildest_Coyote #8 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10931 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

Happen to know anyone else who plays WOT PC? You have under 200 battles, so I'm sure someone would be willing to refer you. You'd be able to earn lots of goodies and a premium tank. And most importantly, you could platoon with a player who has been around a while and can show you the ropes. 

I'n fact, if yer interested, I'd be willing to refer you. We could platoon and share tactics while earning great prizes. 

snailcrusher #9 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 04:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5918 battles

Hi Generalhonks,

Welcome.

The most important thing I have learned is the importance of Crew Skills/Perks.

I noticed that you have the Tier 3 American M2 Medium.  I also started with this tank.

When I first got it I believed that I was moving up in tiers, but I was horrible in it. 

It wasn't till I had every crew member with two full Skills/Perks that things turned around.  It was like magic.  I just started winning more games and it became a credit maker.

The more Skills/Perks you have the better you will do.

However be aware that some tanks are just lousy.  Sometimes, it's not you.  It's the tank.

SKurj #10 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 13:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles

View Postgeneralhonks, on Mar 25 2020 - 09:47, said:

btw visit the codes r us thread if you haven't yet for a code to get free stuff as a new player

firekitty #11 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 17:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45306 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

To advance in the game, it has to do with doing damage to the enemy. A dead tank ( player) can not do any damage, so 1/ staying alive for as long as possible provides more time to do said damage. 2/ Staying alive doesn't mean run and hide so far away you are out of the battle, therefore not doing damage and being effective for your team. 3/ It is a ying and yang. The better your team does, the better you will do, AND the better you do, likely means your team will fair better as well. It is a team effort, and coordination amongst players helps that. Your team, just like you expect from them, needs you to play your tank as meant to be, be active in and participate in the battle including sharing your hit points and making intelligent choices in the battle. Most teams consist of a variety of, if not all tank types. Each type has a role, or several roles that can be played out in battle. So 4/ learn to play all tank types.

A very good piece of advice is to KNOW and UNDERSTAND how view and camo mechanics in the game work. The same goes for shell penetration and armor. 

RumRunner151 #12 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 17:54

Captain

• Players
  • 33590 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
https://wotuniversity.weebly.com/lessons.html

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users