• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4508 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Some awesome things in development are being shared. 

Balance changes, ammo reworks and everything many players are curious about.

All this information can be found HERE

PapioTitan #2 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 47607 battles
Good stuff. Game is getting a bit stale. Good to see some of the old dogs getting rebalanced although I don't own a single one.

Christojojo #3 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36032 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I am looking forward to the possible changes though I do not agree with them all. The time spent earning blue prints/Xp/ free xp to unlock a tank is what we are losing. Yes, I know many disagree with what I am saying but it is how I feel. My time was worth something now it is thrown away. (YTWAMFMO)

Edited by Christojojo, Mar 25 2020 - 19:23.

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 37199 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I don't know what this Equipment 2.0 is going to look like, but Wargaming developers totally and permanently messed up the equipment for Blitz starting with 3.8.  Although I can't imagine they would lack the intelligence to re-implement TIMERS, it would be no less upsetting if they tried to return to the "bits and pieces" program that they implemented.

Here's what it says:

Equipment 2.0

We want to diversify the usage of Equipment and move away from identical standard setups. We want to add new types of Equipment that influence new characteristics that were never affected before. We also want to simplify the system of Equipment types and their prices.

Currently, we think that vehicles will have slots for certain Equipment types. For example, one for gun handling, another for concealment or defensive equipment. This should lead to each role and vehicle type having certain bonuses that you will be able to apply to them which will help make their roles and play styles more prominent.

Equipment slot properties will be based on roles. There will be no restrictions for setups but some equipment will be available only to certain types of vehicles. There will be no penalties, only improvements. The bonuses will not be too strong—we want you to look for the right combination of equipment for your playstyle in a certain vehicle.

All this will be tested on the Sandbox server.

There is a problem—the high price of unmounting Improved Equipment, 200 bonds per one unit of such Equipment. Are there any changes planned?
The unmounting price is set to what it is to not reduce the value of Equipment, to prevent players from moving their Gun Rammer from vehicle to vehicle and have them save up bonds to purchase new Equipment.
However, after the introduction of Bounty Equipment, we will return to the unmounting issue, including the one for Improved Equipment. It will be resolved with the player in mind in any case—maybe by increasing the bond earnings.
Reward for Merit has been removed and you can't receive the Demounting Kits anymore. Will you do something about it?
We will add the ability to receive Demounting Kits—we are currently testing how Daily Missions work and if everything is okay with them. We may add Demounting Kits as a reward. And you can also get one for completing a Bonus Daily Mission.

But what they ended up doing in Blitz was REMOVING all of your previous paid for and implemented equipment, and then made you buy back the LESS POWERFUL PIECES with EITHER/OR selections that leave you with (1) Less enhanced tanks, (2) fewer useful options, (3) more expensive components.  Although they "said" it was for diversification, it was really designed to make more established players have to REPURCHASE everything for all of their tanks with LESS POWERFUL equipment.

I sincerely hope that that is not what they are trying to pull here.  I hope you all won't let them do that if that is the REAL intention behind these changes.  I can only hope...

__WarChild__

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 75618 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post__WarChild__, on Mar 25 2020 - 13:25, said:

I don't know what this Equipment 2.0 is going to look like, but Wargaming developers totally and permanently messed up the equipment for Blitz starting with 3.8.  Although I can't imagine they would lack the intelligence to re-implement TIMERS, it would be no less upsetting if they tried to return to the "bits and pieces" program that they implemented.

Here's what it says:

Equipment 2.0

We want to diversify the usage of Equipment and move away from identical standard setups. We want to add new types of Equipment that influence new characteristics that were never affected before. We also want to simplify the system of Equipment types and their prices.

Currently, we think that vehicles will have slots for certain Equipment types. For example, one for gun handling, another for concealment or defensive equipment. This should lead to each role and vehicle type having certain bonuses that you will be able to apply to them which will help make their roles and play styles more prominent.

Equipment slot properties will be based on roles. There will be no restrictions for setups but some equipment will be available only to certain types of vehicles. There will be no penalties, only improvements. The bonuses will not be too strong—we want you to look for the right combination of equipment for your playstyle in a certain vehicle.

There is a problem—the high price of unmounting Improved Equipment, 200 bonds per one unit of such Equipment. Are there any changes planned?
The unmounting price is set to what it is to not reduce the value of Equipment, to prevent players from moving their Gun Rammer from vehicle to vehicle and have them save up bonds to purchase new Equipment.
However, after the introduction of Bounty Equipment, we will return to the unmounting issue, including the one for Improved Equipment. It will be resolved with the player in mind in any case—maybe by increasing the bond earnings.
Reward for Merit has been removed and you can't receive the Demounting Kits anymore. Will you do something about it?
We will add the ability to receive Demounting Kits—we are currently testing how Daily Missions work and if everything is okay with them. We may add Demounting Kits as a reward. And you can also get one for completing a Bonus Daily Mission.

But what they ended up doing in Blitz was REMOVING all of your previous paid for and implemented equipment, and then made you buy back the LESS POWERFUL PIECES with EITHER/OR selections that leave you with (1) Less enhanced tanks, (2) fewer useful options, (3) more expensive components.  Although they "said" it was for diversification, it was really designed to make more established players have to REPURCHASE everything for all of their tanks with LESS POWERFUL equipment.

I sincerely hope that that is not what they are trying to pull here.  I hope you all won't let them do that if that is the REAL intention behind these changes.  I can only hope...

__WarChild__

Along with their boiled down "synopsis" of what their goal is for crew changes.

Block Quote

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

Translation:  More flattening the curve aka handicapping. 

Christojojo #6 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36032 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 25 2020 - 13:28, said:

Translation:  More flattening the curve aka handicapping. 

I agree with this. Making the lower levels easier will retain them more but also make them rage more in the higher levels. WE may Get a full village of green text clubbers out there for instance.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 75618 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Two hot buttons.

Block Quote

Artillery

We will not remove stun from allies, but we will check the settings of the stun system. Stun as a mechanic will not disappear. We can't go back to armor-piercing shells like it used to be in the good old days. There will be no Premium arty, but we will continue working on SPGs.

Vehicle Rebalancing

This year, we’re going to continue the rebalancing work we started in 2019 for some popular vehicles. We have already adjusted the characteristics of the Leopard 1, STB-1 and other great tanks, and now it’s time to take another step forward and adjust the performance characteristics of the E 100 and legendary IS-4, among others.

• The German branch: We plan to rebalance not only the E 100, but also the VK 36.01 (H), E 75, Tiger I, and Tiger II.
  • The Soviet nation: In addition to the IS-4, we aim to pay close attention to the KV-3, KV-4, and ST-I.
  • In the U.S. branch: The T32, M103, and T110E5 will be subject to rebalancing.
  • Finally, we aim to consistently adjust wheeled vehicles to stop them more effectively when they're hit.

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

So stun remains and on allies as well, but it may be further tweaked as well as arty in general.

Wheelies will get some balance on the wheels as well as ability to be hit.   Maybe tanks auto-aiming at wheelies will get the same auto-aim mechanic they get? 

Be interesting to see what transpires on both fronts.

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 15707 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Don't do any of that Blitz equipment stuff. Please.

Wildest_Coyote #9 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10931 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

I'm a little unsure about Crew and Equipment 2.0. Honestly, I don't see any problems with the current system, so I'd be a little wary about changing it. 

Having said that, most updates Wargaming has been doing recently have been great (Referral 2.0, Daily missions and the new battle pass and black market events), so maybe I should have a bit more faith. 

I just hope we'll have plenty of time to test it and give our feedback. 

I'm looking forward to new bond shop tanks :)

One thing I'm EXTREMELY amendment about: Tier 6-10 special tanks should have the ability to transfer crews without retraining (as previously planned). I think that was a very good idea, and will give more variety around tier 6 and 7. Honestly, when is the last time you saw a kv-13 in battle? Its a cool tank, but no one plays it because you have to dedicate a crew for it. Crews don't matter too much in lower tiers, but by tier 7 they are absolutely necessary!

PLEASE  make tier 6-8 special vehicles have non-penalized crew transfers.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 75618 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Odds & ends.

Block Quote

Do you plan to “pardon” banned players at the 10th Anniversary of World of Tanks?
Yes, we do, but we are not yet ready to disclose the details about which players and violations will be "pardoned".
We are also planning new activities for clan players, in particular in Random Battles.

Bond Shop. Will the items be updated?

The items in the Bond Shop will be updated approximately once every 6 months. We will update the Shop this year and will use the start of the new Ranked Battles season as a reference.

Oops I used green text in the first bit and no it's not a GP jab.  I may have inadvertently tripped Windows sticky keys which triggered the green.  Let's hope that mistake and those similar to it doesn't repeat itself.

MagillaGuerilla #11 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 19:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 26086 battles
Blah blah, we're working on it, blah blah, every year, blah blah.

cpl_crunchy #12 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 4200 battles
when is ranked?

poconosms1 #13 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 22:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 26055 battles

I don't know,  most of the people i know that play WOT all agree we need new maps or bring back the old maps with updates.

almost every map is played the same way.  it's really just getting boring. 

The new map in front line made that more interesting, so why not new maps in random battles?

I was just sad  and disappointed when i read the 2020 plans.  

KaiserWilhelmShatner #14 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:01

Major

• Players
  • 17370 battles

So how many of these ideas will actually be implemented?  

Seems only a hand full ever get introduced in any form.

SteamRoller_ #15 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 43036 battles
  • [ICED] ICED
Wargaming, your ignorance (and/or refusal to acknowledge the real issue) is on full display...
Will those players who purchased and researched a vehicle that became a Collectors' Vehicle be compensated for the spent experience?
No. If a player had already researched this vehicle they will keep it or the ability to buy it which means that they will not lose anything when it becomes a Collectors' Vehicle. This is why there will be no compensation.
Of course they will lose something--the XP used to unlock it!  Everyone else (who has unlocked a same-tier vehicle of the same nation) will be able to buy those same vehicles WITHOUT spending the XP (grinding the previous tank, using free XP, and/or using blueprints).  This is not a small loss;  those of us who have grinded through all the tank lines being altered will be LOSING nearly 1.7 MILLION XP.  If we really didn't need to research those tanks to unlock them or to move up those lines (which will be the case with Update 1.9), we would have spent the XP elsewhere.

The only reason I can think of to prevent you from properly compensating the players for this loss is that the monetization guy won't allow it.  Just admit it.  Be honest and tell us that our time and effort (and resources) will have been wasted and you simply don't care because it won't directly result in money in your pockets.

Wargaming, do the right thing and give us our XP back in the form of Free XP so we can spend it where we would have had we known it would disappear.  It shouldn't be that hard.  You know what tanks we've unlocked.  Each tank has a number (I have all of them if you want them).  You've done similar things in the past.  Do the right thing.  Please.

IndygoEEI #16 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:11

Major

• Players
  • 63559 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Mar 25 2020 - 13:25, said:

Here's what it says:

Equipment 2.0

__WarChild__

Warchild you have no idea of how bad it get.  Did you ever see what they did in WoWP? 

They made it pay to win.  That took the sails out of the game having a second chance.

If Equipment goes like WoWP. I'm done.  I am not going to pay to win at a slots game.

Necrolegion #17 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 21689 battles

Wargaming, please hear me out!

Your changes to the heavy tanks should extend to the lower tiers and other tanks too.

The following tanks share the same 88mm gun (in top configuration):

Tier VII

VK 45.03

Tiger P

Tier VIII

Panther mit 8.8 cm L/71

Please give them the buffed gun too. All of these tanks are severely underpowered and the Tiger P has to be played a lot to grind out the two heavy tank lines, plus the TD line. It is so painful to play that tank with such a terrible gun. Their gold round or APCR needs a buff too. Please consider buffing it to 240+mm of penetration. There are too many times when you are bottom or mid tier where you literally cannot do anything with a max pen of 237mm.

Additionally, the VK 45.03 needs some armor buffs. Please consider revising its armor, specifically its turret armor which is an easy pen and giant weakspot. My personal suggestion would be to increase it to:

The other Tier VII Soviet heavy tanks also need buffs...

The following tanks share the same D-25T (in top configuration):

Tier VII:

IS-2

IS (Chinese Clone)

IS-2 Berlin

IS-2M

KV-122

Please give them the same gun treatment in terms of gun handling, accuracy, and dispersion. 175 standard pen is useless most of the time when mid tier or bottom tier. If you cannot bring yourself to give them 217mm APCR as standard rounds, then give them something like the 100mm LB-1, with 190mm of standard pen and either the 250 or 270mm HEAT gold round for the D-25T.

Lastly, and this is just from my personal opinion and frustration, but give us a buff* to the IS-6, 112, T-34-3, and WZ-111! I know these tanks have received numerous buffs in the past, but please listen to this:

Give us the ability to mount a better gun in them, in exchange for regular MM. Give all owners access to the stock gun plus a second gun. Then when queued up, weight the tanks based on what gun they have equipped. If they have the stock gun, let them keep limited MM, but if they have the better gun, let them see up to tier 10. My suggestion for which better gun to give them would be either the IS-3 top gun or the Object 703-II gun (of course, single barrel only).

ThePigSheFlies #18 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:16

Major

• Players
  • 82416 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 25 2020 - 13:00, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Some awesome things in development are being shared. 

Balance changes, ammo reworks and everything many players are curious about.

All this information can be found HERE

:(

and still funnel maps like abbey and airfield and mt pass continue to exist...  while dota inspired hub n spoke Paris is also still around...

let's over buff heavies again, then "rebalance" ammo and continue to shove too many high tier tanks into maps that are too small and/or funnels.  and then talk about "diversity of equipment" like it will actually be meaningful when so many of the maps are smaller than the lake I live on.

oh, I know, larger maps are coming soon™ :rolleyes:  

equipment 2.0, probable overbuffing of some heavies, and the possibility of an eventual crew 2.0 with ammo "balance" whilst still being shoved into the same garbage small maps means there won't really be any entertainment value for me at least.  and with no missions to grind, and having the CW reward tanks I already wanted, 2020 sounds like a good time to take a long break from tanks.

highex #19 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26495 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

Blueprints

Blueprints are a popular new feature and very many players are using them. However, there are still issues that need to be resolved. For example, if a tree of some nation is already researched but you still have national blueprint fragments, you can't do anything with them. This is one of the problems that we are working on, and we are thinking how to solve it in a way that benefits everyone. In any case, blueprints will continue to develop.

blueprints are basically an alternative xp. you already have a number value for what the blueprint is worth in xp. just give that in xp to the crew. so easy and simple!

StoneTitan #20 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 4276 battles
As far as the vehicle rebalancing, what's going to happen to the KV-3, VK3601H and the Tiger 1 (nerfs or buffs)?:unsure:

Edited by StoneTitan, Mar 26 2020 - 02:50.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

IndygoEEI