Current Crew 2.0 Proposal

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

qisjlh #1 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13214 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

I am posting to start a discussion of what to do with the Crew 2.0 proposal. Here is what Wargaming has stated today.

Block Quote

Crew 2.0

Crew 2.0 is a complex system and we’re still working on developing various concepts for its implementation. As soon as we have an acceptable solution for both players and our team, you will definitely have the opportunity to try out all the possible changes on the Sandbox open server.

We plan to launch testing around the summer of 2020. At this point, you will have the opportunity to try out the redesigned Crew and, if you like it, we will continue to work on appropriate conversion and compensation mechanics, as well as other aspects of this feature.

The version of Crew 2.0 that you will experience on the Sandbox server is nothing more than an experiment to test our ideas. Please note that any proposed changes may not make it to the final iteration, or may be released in a completely reworked format.

What to Expect on Sandbox

• We will implement a new entity—the Unit. It will comprise four crews. Each Commander can be trained to a particular vehicle. All crews within a Unit are united by nation and vehicle type (for example, medium tanks of the U.S.S.R.). Units have levels which determine how many perks the Unit's Commanders can learn. Each Commander can have their own set of Perks/Skills. In fact, a crew can be assigned to four vehicles (+all Premium vehicles belonging to the same nation and type).
  • There will be so-called Special Crews—these are counsellors who will strengthen the Commanders.
  • The perk system will be significantly reworked to include more perks, which will each have a level. Perks will be divided into five branches (by analogy with crew members), with each branch ending with two ultimate perks to choose from. To learn them, a player will have to work hard on the branch.
  • This system will be "integrated" in a Commander, who basically represents an entire crew.

We will test the system on Sandbox. Some of the new perks will resemble the old ones, and situational perks will be added which will reflect the player’s behavior (e.g. a perk that speeds up reloading when the vehicle durability is low). A total of 35 perks are planned, 10 of which are ultimate.

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

Edited by qisjlh, Mar 25 2020 - 20:49.

qisjlh #2 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13214 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

Am I right to understand that, based on the proposal, we should no longer recruit female or holiday crew for non-Commander positions?

Or is it preferable to assign them for non-Commander positions because they can be used in 4 tanks and can boost 4 Commanders at once?

I understand that things are subject to change. However, there are decisions we have to make in the meanwhile to keep playing the game. I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts on how to adjust training in response to the proposals.

GenPanzer #3 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 46195 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

That sounds very convoluted and unnecessary, but hey what do I know.

If you want to make it so crew will work on multiple tanks, just do it under the current setup.

If you want to rework the perks and skills, just do it under the current setup.

Kramah313 #4 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6191 battles
I am excited about the sound of 4 tanks per crew. If it was like this now I’d have a lot more “keeper” tanks. I’d be happy even if that was the only change to crews. 

Tao_Te_Tomato #5 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 29136 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostGenPanzer, on Mar 25 2020 - 20:50, said:

If you want to make it so crew will work on multiple tanks, just do it under the current setup.

I'm voting for this one.

More skills, more variety ... okay.  But this sounds waaaaaay more complex than it needs to be.

Flarvin #6 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 55968 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Mar 25 2020 - 14:50, said:

I agree. A lot of effort for what seems could be done easier within the current system. 

All I see the crew system needs, is a revamp of perks/skills. With all the changes to WoT, crew perks/skills need to be updated.

Redrocco #7 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44557 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

sounds like a nerf to me

qisjlh #8 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13214 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostKramah313, on Mar 25 2020 - 20:59, said:

I am excited about the sound of 4 tanks per crew. If it was like this now I’d have a lot more “keeper” tanks. I’d be happy even if that was the only change to crews. 

That would be the only advantage.

I suppose a lot depends how they convert existing crew to the new system. Given how stingy they are with the Collector's Vehicle conversions, I am not optimistic here.

Kornilov #9 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

World of Tanks is moving inexorably toward the Armored Warfare model.

The daily missions is a twin, now this crew thing is a direct match.

So now we see why we have been getting so many commanders and not crew in the various give-aways.

Will we eventually see them buy out Armored warfare and relaunch it as 'WoT 2 - Modern Tanks'?

qisjlh #10 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13214 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostKornilov, on Mar 25 2020 - 21:42, said:

this crew thing is a direct match.

Can you give a brief explanation of how it works in that game? I have never played it before.

Kramah313 #11 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6191 battles

View Postqisjlh, on Mar 25 2020 - 21:39, said:

That would be the only advantage.

I suppose a lot depends how they convert existing crew to the new system. Given how stingy they are with the Collector's Vehicle conversions, I am not optimistic here.

Yeah I’m hoping they account for the existing BiA 0 skill etc that people invest in. I’m much more nervous about the equipment rework after what WarChild said they did in blitz. All we can do is hope I suppose. 

largeelvis #12 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21424 battles
Serious, what the f about all the credits, gold and xp we spent with our current crews? Just leave it as is and make more maps.

qisjlh #13 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 21:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13214 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View Postlargeelvis, on Mar 25 2020 - 21:46, said:

Serious, what the f about all the credits, gold and xp we spent with our current crews? Just leave it as is and make more maps.

Only last week they offered a gold discount on crew. Now they make this announcement.

I feel for anyone else who spent gold on crew. I used some gold on changing specialization and now I feel duped.

View PostKramah313, on Mar 25 2020 - 21:45, said:

Yeah I’m hoping they account for the existing BiA 0 skill etc that people invest in.

I think the 0 skill and female crew will be turned into "counselors." But then the devil really will be in the details. If the "counselors" are too powerful, the game will be completely broken. If the "counselors" are too weak, then many people who spent good money on this should feel aggrieved. The balance is very difficult to get right.

Ultimately, Wargaming should just make each non-commander crew member assignable to four tanks. If it just made that change alone, many people will be happy. I will even retract my complaint about the backtracking on the proposal to make the Tier VI-Tier X tanks reward vehicles.

SporkBoy #14 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 53377 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Not one single aspect of the proposal appeals to me in the slightest.

tanopasman62 #15 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 22:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 21727 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

Seems overcomplicated to say the least, they could just add new skills and make crews compatible with multiple tanks with what we got now.

This "ultimate" skill thing sounds like a dangerous idea, but since we have no details on how it works we can't do much other than speculate.

SKurj #16 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles

this announcement is not new, just more info provided.

This sounds something more like WoWs captains...   Anyways the biggest challenge WG has is not coming up with the new system... its going to be how to compensate or convert... our current crews to this new model..

I never did see the point to crew skins... hopefully this means they are going away...

BrianTheBomber #17 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View Postlargeelvis, on Mar 25 2020 - 21:46, said:

IKr, I hope each crew member who had gold spent training/retraining will be refunded, The experience is supposed to carry over into the new setup. If you had say five crew skills you will get the same amount in the new system, At least that is how it should be. I say leave it alone except add more skills/perks and allow for more Tanks for each crew especially after they learned how to use the tank already.You could base how well a crew is based on the number of battles in said Tank. 25 for basic proficiency, 50 battles very proficient  and 200 for mastery  in said Tank, something like this. Just spitballing 

SporkBoy #18 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 53377 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Make national crews able to freely move throughout the tech tree and premiums of the same vehicle type. For example a German medium crew can freely move into and out of any German medium without penalty of cost.a

ThePigSheFlies #19 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 82416 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I will probably quit.

I have over 100 tanks, each with 4-8 perks, and I want to play a tank game.  Not spend hours learning most effective crew skill meta's and then hours respeccing and reapplying those to my crews.

because, let's face it.  no matter how you "diversify it" - there will ALWAYS be the most meta solutions available.  it's been the case in various games that have "warrior classes" etc. 

this is simply change for the sake of change imho.

Kornilov #20 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24534 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postqisjlh, on Mar 26 2020 - 08:45, said:

Can you give a brief explanation of how it works in that game? I have never played it before.

No I can't as I have no idea how the fcuk it works.

I pretty much gave up on it when they introduced it.

To look at it there is the commander sitting in the middle of a gridded table and you can chose what paths to follow to upskill in divers areas of expertise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users