Jump to content


WoT: Full Amnesty for Banned Players


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

BrianTheBomber #1 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 237
  • Member since:
    10-15-2019

Yes, you read that right.

Source: RU Devstream

  • Will there be an Amnesty for fans of Banned mods?
  • “This year the project is 10 years old. On the night of August 12-14, the game was released in Russia. Yes, there will be a General Amnesty in honor of the 10th anniversary.
    But this does not mean that right now you can go and create heresy. We will not unban such people, starting from the moment of this stream!”- Anton Pankov (Product Director of World of Tanks).

 

Edit- I heard it's only for 2 days. Well that is what was said, maybe the translation was bad or he misspoke. 



NightmareMk9 #2 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 36527 battles
  • 2,779
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012
I hope they reset the STRIKES / WARNINGS too ;)

BrianTheBomber #3 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 237
  • Member since:
    10-15-2019

View PostNightmareMk9, on Mar 25 2020 - 23:24, said:

I hope they reset the STRIKES / WARNINGS too ;)

Trying to get a mod to take an objective look at a strike is impossible when Appealing a penalty. 



_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47901 battles
  • 20,780
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

They broke the rules, they should not get a break, two free days to be back and then back to banned?  That's literally "Do whatever you want" since the account supposedly gets rebanned in short order. 

 

Strikes should drop off after a year or two, though.  We've weeded out most of the riff-raff on these forums. 


Edited by _Tsavo_, Mar 25 2020 - 23:32.


NightmareMk9 #5 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 36527 battles
  • 2,779
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostBrianTheBomber, on Mar 25 2020 - 23:28, said:

Trying to get a mod to take an objective look at a strike is impossible when Appealing a penalty. 

Nearly Impossible.  I actually got them to reverse a strike ONCE for reporting an OBVIOUS bot.



_Tsavo_ #6 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47901 battles
  • 20,780
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostNightmareMk9, on Mar 25 2020 - 17:32, said:

Nearly Impossible.  I actually got them to reverse a strike ONCE for reporting an OBVIOUS bot.

 

I picked one up calling Murazor an idiot back when he was in charge of balance, didn't even bother fighting it.  The mod team and I have always been at odds, well, previous mod teams.  It's been a long while since I picked a strike so I don't think I'm on the current mod teams radar. 



Trakks #7 Posted Mar 25 2020 - 23:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5016 battles
  • 1,387
  • Member since:
    11-24-2011

View Post_Tsavo_, on Mar 25 2020 - 22:32, said:

They broke the rules, they should not get a break, two free days to be back and then back to banned?  That's literally "Do whatever you want" since the account supposedly gets rebanned in short order. 

 

Strikes should drop off after a year or two, though.  We've weeded out most of the riff-raff on these forums. 


I expect a lot of griefing during the amnesty period because they have nothing to lose if they are going to go back to being banned after. 



IndygoEEI #8 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 63559 battles
  • 6,367
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

I'm on strike 4 out of 5 and some I have received....Well let's say I have an opinion on it. 

Especially 1 of them...



The_Pink_Panther #9 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 86 battles
  • 487
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Mar 25 2020 - 16:32, said:

They broke the rules, they should not get a break, two free days to be back and then back to banned?  That's literally "Do whatever you want" since the account supposedly gets rebanned in short order. 

 

Strikes should drop off after a year or two, though.  We've weeded out most of the riff-raff on these forums. 


While I'm not on my original account, I don't care if they un-ban me or not.  I still don't believe I did anything wrong and they failed to prove their case but it is what it is.  I tried to take a moment and make a teaching tool out of it but they didn't see it that way.  I didn't want to see anyone else make the same mistake but they took what I was doing the wrong way but hey, no worries.  It's worked out much better, for me.  If they do un-ban me, great, if not, I don't really give a crap.



yruputin #10 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 33089 battles
  • 581
  • [HOR] HOR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2016

View Post_Tsavo_, on Mar 25 2020 - 23:32, said:

They broke the rules, they should not get a break, two free days to be back and then back to banned?  That's literally "Do whatever you want" since the account supposedly gets rebanned in short order. 

 

Strikes should drop off after a year or two, though.  We've weeded out most of the riff-raff on these forums. 

nope. 

shaming is not allowed



The_Pink_Panther #11 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 86 battles
  • 487
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostIndygoEEI, on Mar 25 2020 - 17:05, said:

I'm on strike 4 out of 5 and some I have received....Well let's say I have an opinion on it. 

Especially 1 of them...


I was in the same boat but stood up for myself and a certain person decided they didn't like me anymore, so what.  I'm better off.



The_Pink_Panther #12 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 00:09

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 86 battles
  • 487
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View Postyruputin, on Mar 25 2020 - 17:06, said:

nope. 

shaming is not allowed


Shaming should be allowed.  I believe they should be named, their account name and clan, if any.  I don't believe they are doing forumites any favors by trying to hide those names.  When in reality, it makes it easier to post the false cheat mod bans they do, when they do.  They don't do anything to them and we all know it.  That's why I am banned, complaining about a bold, out in the open cheater.



Kornilov #13 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 01:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24534 battles
  • 385
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

How many baned accounts will actually give enough of a fcuk to want to go around again?

 

I would think most have another account or have moved on to other games.



ExploratorOne #14 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 01:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17500 battles
  • 577
  • [LOU1] LOU1
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Mar 25 2020 - 18:09, said:


Shaming should be allowed.  I believe they should be named, their account name and clan, if any.  I don't believe they are doing forumites any favors by trying to hide those names.  When in reality, it makes it easier to post the false cheat mod bans they do, when they do.  They don't do anything to them and we all know it.  That's why I am banned, complaining about a bold, out in the open cheater.

It is a legal issue based on the laws of some countries.



Healthpak #15 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 01:58

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8660 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    10-04-2018
I'm ok with it,I mean who would you rather have on your team, lord s(hit)heen who you know wont do squat for your team or someone running questionable who will likely contribute?

dunniteowl #16 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 9,740
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

I wonder how many banned players will:

 

A) Even receive a notice from WG via email?

B) Be in a position to 'just hear' about this?

C) Care enough to come back for 2 days like a visit to the zoo?

 

When I tally up the potential against the offer, I can only think, "Empty Gesture,"  I don't see how it benefits the player base, WG or those banned players in any meaningful way.  Previously banned players were banned for being a 'problem' -- letting known problems back into a system doesn't provide a benefit to the player base.  Previously banned players are not going to spend money for 2 days, only to be, once again, permanently banned -- so it doesn't provide a benefit to WG.  Banned players are going to get 2 days of 'whoo hoo, free WoT' and then disappear again -- so it provides no tangible or psychological benefit for the banned players.

 

Is this story item for real?  It just doesn't make sense and I was thinking an early April Fool's joke?

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO



ImSoBoredNothingToDoHere #17 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 593 battles
  • 115
  • [FADED] FADED
  • Member since:
    04-16-2018

they havent done the strikes thing on the forums in a long time

 

its 1 warning and then perma or just a perma depending on the moron "moderating" at the moment

 

in game they seem to use them to try to scare you but even trying, one will literally be hard pressed to get an actual ban.. like a perma 5 strikes game ban. not one of them stupid 2 days somebody cried to use type deals

 

even for a perma chat ban you have to work for it

 

just kgb bully tactics


Edited by ImSoBoredNothingToDoHere, Mar 26 2020 - 02:33.


tod914 #18 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 02:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 66687 battles
  • 7,578
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

 

Spoiler

 



heavymetal1967 #19 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 03:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 75618 battles
  • 24,174
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostBrianTheBomber, on Mar 25 2020 - 17:22, said:

Yes, you read that right.

Source: RU Devstream

  • Will there be an Amnesty for fans of Banned mods?
  • “This year the project is 10 years old. On the night of August 12-14, the game was released in Russia. Yes, there will be a General Amnesty in honor of the 10th anniversary.
    But this does not mean that right now you can go and create heresy. We will not unban such people, starting from the moment of this stream!”- Anton Pankov (Product Director of World of Tanks).

 

Edit- I heard it's only for 2 days. Well that is what was said, maybe the translation was bad or he misspoke. 

 

Also this is what's posted in the current 2020 changes article. 

 

Now with that said it would make sense to have one massive wave of pardons and not have a series of them spread out which also goes along with the limited time period the OP mentions.  But translation issues do indeed exist and things change as well. 

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/features-2020/#wot-10th-anniversary

 

Do you plan to “pardon” banned players at the 10th Anniversary of World of Tanks?
Yes, we do, but we are not yet ready to disclose the details about which players and violations will be "pardoned".

 



heavymetal1967 #20 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 03:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 75618 battles
  • 24,174
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Posttod914, on Mar 25 2020 - 20:48, said:

 

Spoiler

 

 

Plus one.  :)

 

Can't put the Drake song up I'd probably be committing heresy. :P 

 

Spoiler

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users