German tir 8 mediums are a joke. All tiers really.

armor rigged bias russian German one sided

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Ironclad455 #21 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 16:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45958 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

I love the 3001D...every other German Medium I struggled with.  The Leo 1 is very dependent on having room to operate....because it has no armor, badish camo and no camo when firing (or so it seems). The Swartz 59 is not a bad medium.

The problem with the German mediums tier 8 and above is that they suck compared to Russian and Italian mediums.

thehelmsman #22 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 17:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9158 battles

View PostIronclad455, on Mar 26 2020 - 10:20, said:

The problem with the German mediums tier 8 and above is that they suck compared to Russian and Italian mediums.

The only Russian one that's really out of line is 430U; the rest of them have their limitations. But they also mostly have excellent soft stats that make them better than the displayed values might otherwise indicate, while the Germans usually have terrible soft stats that make them worse than the displayed values might otherwise indicate.

The Spaghetto tanks.... those are just meta-defining owing to how mobile and flexible they are.

--Helms

Tupinambis #23 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 17:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38264 battles
Yeah I'm surprised by how well the E-50 and E-50M have amanged to hold up against powercreep in spite of not getting any real direct buffs for several years. I started playing them again because I overpaid for the halloween skins for them [which I don't regret, those things are sick as Hell] and I've been pleasantly surprised by how well these tanks still do. A medium tank with a decent gun [nevermind the bad ROF] and that will sometimes actually block shots still has merit in the current game meta.

Also sometimes being able to ram an RU medium tank for like 600 damage is incredibly funny. I used an E-50M to plow downhill into an Object 416 and did a total of like 900 damage. Other tanks just don't get the chances to do stuff like that anymore. 

That being said, Id still love to see WG give those tanks some renewed attention. 

Edited by Tupinambis, Mar 26 2020 - 17:39.

stryker105mm #24 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7791 battles
this tank line is the shizzer of this game german tanks are the step child of this game and wg just doesnt care 

TheJeep1 #25 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39999 battles

German mid teir mediums all play very similar, except the E50's.   Great accuracy, reload, spot, and camo.   Decent mobility, aim time.  Poor alpha damage, armor.   You really need to work the edges of the map....not saying sit back and snipe the whole game, but get in shots from a distances where your unspotted and can sit reload and fire again. If you are spotted your armor holds up a lot better when enemy shell velocity diminishes over long distances.  End game you can use your mobility and spot to clean house. 

If you try to run up and brawl other mediums at close ranges you will take a lot of damage, bounce shots, and do minimal damage when you peek and shoot.

WarGanz_87 #26 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 60706 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostCheapWine, on Mar 25 2020 - 23:49, said:

My guess is that the boys in Minsk bear a bit of a grudge against WWII era  Germany. 

Considering that the city was destroyed twice during WWII. Once by invading Russians. Rebuilt with 'conscript' labor. Then again when the Red Army liberated it. 

During the following three-year occupation, the Germans killed about 400,000 civilians in and around the city. It was designated a "Hero City" by the CCCP.

Of the Russian males born in 1923, only 15% were alive in 1945. 

Sorry, no love there.

Edited by WarGanz_87, Mar 26 2020 - 23:06.

3aces #27 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33291 battles

View PostCheapWine, on Mar 26 2020 - 00:49, said:

My guess is that the boys in Minsk bear a bit of a grudge against WWII era  Germany. 

It could be some bias for sure perhaps unintended but Russia and Belarus got decimated in world war 2 and there is anger over getting their countries destroyed by Germany. There is a reason why the Russian tanks are the best by far (probably a bias again, but also where they have a big gaming representation).. They certainly could not make American tanks the best otherwise they might end up with some angry customers in Russia.

Reichmonk #28 Posted Yesterday, 12:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30574 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
I honestly though that I am going to hate Leo PT A. Was just going to grind it for Leo 1. To my surprise, I really liked it.

ThisGuyFochs #29 Posted Yesterday, 05:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18690 battles

I was going to say the Leo PT A is "ok", but my spidey senses tingled.  The Leo PT A is a really bad tank in need of a buff.  .27 dispersion, 420avg dmg, 278mm penetration at 1480m/sec on a mobile, stealthy platform with 8 degrees of depression is not good enough to be competitive.   The premium round only has 323mm penetration and only reaches 1613m/sec.   The HE has a measly 105mm penetration and a laughable 638 max damage, yuck. 

In my opinion there is a simple way to make this tank "playable"  The tank needs 254mm turret frontal armor and increased Horsepower to move it around, it is a total dog. God forbid you want to shoot over the rear of the chassis. Currently probably the worst pick for tier 9.  The Leo 1 is the same but with worse match making...probably rigged.

One tip that I can think of that really helped me if you want to torture yourself and play the Leo is this:  If you are trying to hit an EBR going a zillion mph 446 meters away and perpendicular to your gun, you have to aim right at it, every time I try to lead them I hit the dirt 3 lengths in front of it. Really weird.  Also you need to drive around and get shots or you are going to lose and everyone is going to laugh at you.

Full disclosure: I love this tank.  I can survive without TP, but I can not truly live without my PT...A

teamoldmill #30 Posted Today, 02:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15473 battles

View PostThisGuyFochs, on Mar 27 2020 - 04:51, said:

I was going to say the Leo PT A is "ok", but my spidey senses tingled.  The Leo PT A is a really bad tank in need of a buff.  .27 dispersion, 420avg dmg, 278mm penetration at 1480m/sec on a mobile, stealthy platform with 8 degrees of depression is not good enough to be competitive.   The premium round only has 323mm penetration and only reaches 1613m/sec.   The HE has a measly 105mm penetration and a laughable 638 max damage, yuck. 

In my opinion there is a simple way to make this tank "playable"  The tank needs 254mm turret frontal armor and increased Horsepower to move it around, it is a total dog. God forbid you want to shoot over the rear of the chassis. Currently probably the worst pick for tier 9.  The Leo 1 is the same but with worse match making...probably rigged.

One tip that I can think of that really helped me if you want to torture yourself and play the Leo is this:  If you are trying to hit an EBR going a zillion mph 446 meters away and perpendicular to your gun, you have to aim right at it, every time I try to lead them I hit the dirt 3 lengths in front of it. Really weird.  Also you need to drive around and get shots or you are going to lose and everyone is going to laugh at you.

Full disclosure: I love this tank.  I can survive without TP, but I can not truly live without my PT...A

Stealthy? It is more visible than all the Soviet mediums in tier. Is only a few t9 mediums with worse camo and they have turrets or auto loaders. Have to be a hyper good player or have platoon help to get away with this tank. Most people are not 60% players. High skill floor.

Also tagged with armor, rigged, bias, russian, German, one sided

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users