Jump to content


Ranked Battles Prime Time Update


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

1984BigBrother #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 13:47

    Competitive Gaming Manager

  • Administrator
  • 17150 battles
  • 288
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

Tankers,

 

As of today (March 26th), we are officially opening the Ranked Battle Season for 2 additional hours during the weekdays, the weekday primetime will now match the weekend primetime:

 

PRIME TIME WEEKDAYS & PRIME TIME WEEKENDS:

15:00-23:00 PT | 17:00-01:00 CT | 18:00-02:00 ET

 

The article has been updated:
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/ranked-battles-2020-season-2/

 

These changes will be in effect until the end of the Season.

 

Good Luck, Have Fun, and Stay Safe!

 

Big

 

ES-AR

 

PT-BR

 



__WarChild__ #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 14:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 38648 battles
  • 7,486
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

That's awesome.  Thanks for letting us know.

 

Those of us who were playing between 12-1 (central) last night were wondering what was going on but enjoying the extra time (not the teams)

 

:great:

 

__WarChild__



LITtle_GERman #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 16:28

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 9358 battles
  • 8
  • [TRY] TRY
  • Member since:
    04-01-2016
YO! that's awesome. Does anyone know If we will keep our League styles permanently after the end of season 2? I've looked around but not found any definitive answer. If someone could shed some light that would be greatly appreciated. Thx:) 

LITtle_GERman #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 16:29

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 9358 battles
  • 8
  • [TRY] TRY
  • Member since:
    04-01-2016

View PostLITtle_GERman, on Mar 26 2020 - 16:28, said:

YO! that's awesome. Does anyone know If we will keep our League styles permanently after the end of season 2? I've looked around but not found any definitive answer. If someone could shed some light that would be greatly appreciated. Thx:) 

http://wotlabs.net/s...n/signature.png



GundamEz8 #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 17:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 256
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013
Imagine still not done ranked.

FatFreddiesCat #6 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:56

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43002 battles
  • 174
  • [GKC] GKC
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

Comments on this threadpasted below.

 

I’ve played ranked battles since Beta, personally I think it’s the best test of skill (and character) in WOT.

I also completely understand why it is disliked by so many and so frustrating to good players. It is extremely difficult.

Having read today's post regarding the next season of Ranked Battles, I am trying to find reasons why it should not be played with T9 tanks instead of T10.

 

Here are some of the positives I see in it being played inT9 tanks:

 

Removes the OP reward tanks that so many complain about.

Removed the EBR that so many complain about.

Evens the playing field for average players against very good players in reward tanks.

Allows us to see how SBMM works in a theater other than T12

Opens the mode up for more players who may not have T10 tanks.

Lets players grinding T9 tanks an opportunity to make great rewards while grinding.

Allows us to play those T9 tanks we love but don’t get to play very often.
Fiscally more attractive in cost to run T9 v T10

A variance from playing the same tanks in the same mode every time.
May bring back players we lost because of the above.

 

I fear we will start to lose more players to the mode, I believe something has to change or we will lose it entirely. Maybe running in T9 may be worth at least a try.

Reasons for and against T9 Ranked battles?



Lugia345 #7 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 15:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43651 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

How about you just remove that time bs?

 

Or finaly make the server transfer to EU that you promised two years ago



P_A_N_Z_E_R #8 Posted Mar 30 2020 - 16:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 57669 battles
  • 396
  • [TAIGA] TAIGA
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013
I am not sure about this Season of Ranked Battles. It is as fun as going to a dentist. Most of the games have 15-4 or 4-15 outcome.  Either side looses 5 players on one side within first 3 minutes. The idea of Ranked Battles was to set players apart based on their skill level. But it is another typical tier 10 game with the influx of non-experienced players who should be learning the game on low tiers. The maps are simply not big enough for tier 10 tanks especially when people use the best equipment directives and food. Every map feels like Mittenguard. There is very little strategy and room for maneuver.

BigJohnsonLogan #9 Posted Apr 07 2020 - 23:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/ranked-battles-2019-2020-season-2-ends/

 

What’s Coming in the Next Seasons?


Thanks to your feedback, we will slightly revise some gameplay mechanics to get you more involved in playing in Leagues. To do this, special daily missions will be available for those who qualified for Leagues. We’ll also rework the mechanics of earning Bonus Battles and shorten your journey through each Division. 

And of course, depending on your results across both Seasons of Ranked Battles 2020-2021, you can earn the ultimate reward — a Tier IX vehicle. Its name, class, nation, and characteristics are top secret and will be published later.

 

Stay tuned for more updates and good luck in the upcoming Seasons, Commanders!

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

These are replies I left on other threads for Ranked Battles that should be address in the redesign:

 

As soon as you hit the "win one, lose one chevron" wall, it's time to stop cause the game mode's chevron earning design is broken for the average player.

Do you want to play 500+ games at Tier X while bleeding credits for premium ammo and consumables every match ?

Only Unicum and Clan Wars player with Reward Tanks wiil be getting into leagues in less than 500 games. 

 

This game mode breeds the most toxicity of any game mode in World Of Tanks.

It promotes camping, damage farming and cutting off and/or blocking your teammates to get the last kill or most damage each match for that extra chevron.

It allows clan wars players to dominate the game with overpowered reward tanks.

 

And be sure to have the Developer's Team watch this video with the translations turned on, Quickybaby does a very good job of explaining what parts of Ranked Battles are broken.

 


Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Apr 08 2020 - 00:02.


The_Low_Health #10 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 05:26

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39260 battles
  • 404
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Apr 07 2020 - 22:59, said:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/ranked-battles-2019-2020-season-2-ends/

 

What’s Coming in the Next Seasons?


Thanks to your feedback, we will slightly revise some gameplay mechanics to get you more involved in playing in Leagues. To do this, special daily missions will be available for those who qualified for Leagues. We’ll also rework the mechanics of earning Bonus Battles and shorten your journey through each Division. 

And of course, depending on your results across both Seasons of Ranked Battles 2020-2021, you can earn the ultimate reward — a Tier IX vehicle. Its name, class, nation, and characteristics are top secret and will be published later.

 

Stay tuned for more updates and good luck in the upcoming Seasons, Commanders!

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

These are replies I left on other threads for Ranked Battles that should be address in the redesign:

 

As soon as you hit the "win one, lose one chevron" wall, it's time to stop cause the game mode's chevron earning design is broken for the average player.

Do you want to play 500+ games at Tier X while bleeding credits for premium ammo and consumables every match ?

Only Unicum and Clan Wars player with Reward Tanks wiil be getting into leagues in less than 500 games. 

 

This game mode breeds the most toxicity of any game mode in World Of Tanks.

It promotes camping, damage farming and cutting off and/or blocking your teammates to get the last kill or most damage each match for that extra chevron.

It allows clan wars players to dominate the game with overpowered reward tanks.

 

And be sure to have the Developer's Team watch this video with the translations turned on, Quickybaby does a very good job of explaining what parts of Ranked Battles are broken.

 

I used 0 reward tanks for Ranked (I have all Tier 10's but T-22), played a total of 71 battles (1 in leagues) and placed 53rd in Gold League.  So your argument is wrong.  Play tanks you're exceptionally good at and don't spam battles, it's really that simple.



Lugia345 #11 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 06:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43651 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

View PostArmadaus_Baldwin, on Apr 08 2020 - 04:26, said:

I used 0 reward tanks for Ranked (I have all Tier 10's but T-22), played a total of 71 battles (1 in leagues) and placed 53rd in Gold League.  So your argument is wrong.  Play tanks you're exceptionally good at and don't spam battles, it's really that simple.

 

Thats just luck anyway, i had gold in season 1, season 2 i'm like 40% down because my teams got rolled in quali = no bonus battles = your rating is boned.

 

Btw what about those ranked tokens we couldnt get because 1 season not being here?


Edited by Lugia345, Apr 08 2020 - 06:25.


Petro1979 #12 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 14:37

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 35056 battles
  • 88
  • [FORTH] FORTH
  • Member since:
    11-05-2010
i'd say this is pretty well broken at this point. i wanted to play it and earn the rewards, but it didn't hold my desire once i got to it. between the scoring, rng, and the length, i would expect my result to be very similar. the "pre-ranked" battles are a joke.

crudos #13 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 16:29

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25384 battles
  • 209
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

I wanted to like and play ranked alot, but the mode is so scuffed. Hope changes for the better are made.

 

Any leftover tokens get converted to bonds.

 

https://worldoftanks...-2020-season-2/


Edited by crudos, Apr 08 2020 - 17:04.


SGT_BILKO1_1 #14 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 19:22

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 11137 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-21-2018

This is my first reply to any wot forum  after 4  years of playing. Ranked battles have me so frustrated  that i must leave this reply. I agree with all complaints of this thread.  i  was so burned out from trying i seriously considered uninstalling client. FIX IT!!!:angry:

 



Vibora #15 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 23:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 25375 battles
  • 342
  • [HACK1] HACK1
  • Member since:
    07-24-2010

Hi Guys,

 

I started having fun with ranked battles until start fighting those reward tanks to ruin your day. So, I just stop playing since the frustration is far too high.

 

I hope you remove them for next season.

 

Thanks.



MountainLion1 #16 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 01:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25834 battles
  • 2,111
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014
Not much fun for Tier VIII & IX tanks to go up against the Chieftains and 279e’s in Random battles either.

Sajuck #17 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 03:38

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 34933 battles
  • 33
  • [SQURL] SQURL
  • Member since:
    09-14-2010
Please WG, PLEASE ban clan war vehicles from ranked game mode. Please make only tech tree tanks playable in ranked. How is it fair when you have to face tanks with virtually no weaknesses in a tank littered with big fat weak points. Playing broken tanks does not show skill, it's equivalent to cheating in a game mode that should emphasize skill.

BigJohnsonLogan #18 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 23:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostArmadaus_Baldwin, on Apr 07 2020 - 23:26, said:

I used 0 reward tanks for Ranked (I have all Tier 10's but T-22), played a total of 71 battles (1 in leagues) and placed 53rd in Gold League.  So your argument is wrong.  Play tanks you're exceptionally good at and don't spam battles, it's really that simple.

The world does NOT revolve around your singular playing experience. I lost count of how many Chieftains that I saw during the first couple days in Ranked Battles.

 

Between the 20 Qualifier Battles that awarded Bonus Battles, the overload of Clan Wars Reward Tanks, the poor Chevrons awarded, retained, removed design are ALL terrible.

 

The game mode is Garbage for the Average Players, including all those who don't like to be in Clan Wars clans, prefer Social Clan or Solo play, and do not have the preferred overpowered tanks.

 

World Of Warships has implemented Ranked Battles much better with 7 vs 7, Ship Class limits and Winning Team gets a Star, Losing Team loses a Star except best Loser saves a Star.

 

 


Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Apr 10 2020 - 19:50.


The_Low_Health #19 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 01:24

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39260 battles
  • 404
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Apr 09 2020 - 22:23, said:

The world does NOT revolve around your singular playing experience. I lost count of how many Chieftains that I saw during the first couple days in Ranked Battles.

 

Between the 20 Qualifier Battles that awarded Bonus Battles, the overload of Clan Wars Reward Tanks, the poor Chevrons awarded, retained, removed design are ALL terrible.

 

The game mode is Garbage for the Average Players, including all those who don't like to be in clans and prefer Social Clan or Solo play, and do not have the preferred overpowered tanks.

 

World Of Warships has implemented Ranked Battles much better with 7 vs 7, Ship Class limits and Winning Team gets a Star, Losing Team loses a Star except best Loser saves a Star.

 

 

Or... you could quit whining and spend that effort teaching yourself to play better.  One idea is likely to lead to a result you favor, the other will go no where... you decide.  Don't bother replying, I don't care if you continue to be bad or not.



BigJohnsonLogan #20 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 19:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39663 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostArmadaus_Baldwin, on Apr 09 2020 - 19:24, said:

Or... you could quit whining and spend that effort teaching yourself to play better.  One idea is likely to lead to a result you favor, the other will go no where... you decide.  Don't bother replying, I don't care if you continue to be bad or not.

 

The criticism here is whether Ranked Battles are a poorly designed game mode for the average player. Not about gold ammo spamming, stat padding, try hards from Clan Wars clans using Reward Tanks. ...

Don't bother replying, I don't care if you exist ...


Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, Apr 10 2020 - 22:17.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users