Ranked Battles 2020–2021

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FatFreddiesCat #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 18:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42543 battles
  • [GKC] GKC

"There is an opinion that only researchable vehicles should be allowed in Ranked Battles"

I’ve played ranked battles since Beta, personally I think it’s the best test of skill (and character) in WOT.

I also completely understand why it is disliked by so many and so frustrating to good players. It is extremely difficult.

Having read today's post regarding the next season of Ranked Battles, I am trying to find reasons why it should not be played with T9 tanks instead of T10.

Here are some of the positives I see in it being played inT9 tanks:

Removes the OP reward tanks that so many complain about.

Removed the EBR that so many complain about.

Evens the playing field for average players against very good players in reward tanks.

Allows us to see how SBMM works in a theater other than T12

Opens the mode up for more players who may not have T10 tanks.

Lets players grinding T9 tanks an opportunity to make great rewards while grinding.

Allows us to play those T9 tanks we love but don’t get to play very often.
Fiscally more attractive in cost to run T9 v T10

A variance from playing the same tanks in the same mode every time.
May bring back players we lost because of the above.

I fear we will start to lose more players to the mode, I believe something has to change or we will lose it entirely. Maybe running in T9 may be worth at least a try.

Reasons for and against T9 Ranked battles?

Devil__Anse #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 18:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
skill? in ranked?  LOLLLOLLLLOOOLLLOLOL

RoIito #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19571 battles

This is the second and last season I will play of this absolutely garbage gamemode, there's nothing WG can do to bring me back into this suffering after the season is done.

They summed up all the negative aspects of higher tiers and made them into a gamemode, it promotes selfish play because of the chevrons system, lemming trains are worse than in randoms even though the gamemode is supposed to be about skill, overpowered reward/cw tanks are allowed in there and on top of that they chose the crappiest maps of the entire game to be available for the mode, I'm genuinely surprised Mines and Ensk ain't allowed.

jst2gr8 #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:29

Captain

• Players
  • 70567 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRoIito, on Mar 26 2020 - 11:47, said:

This is the second and last season I will play of this absolutely garbage gamemode, there's nothing WG can do to bring me back into this suffering after the season is done.

They summed up all the negative aspects of higher tiers and made them into a gamemode, it promotes selfish play because of the chevrons system, lemming trains are worse than in randoms even though the gamemode is supposed to be about skill, overpowered reward/cw tanks are allowed in there and on top of that they chose the crappiest maps of the entire game to be available for the mode, I'm genuinely surprised Mines and Ensk ain't allowed.

So you are saying that if you actually do the missions and get those reward tanks or that if you are in a clan and get those reward tanks that you should not be able to play them? That makes no sense at all. Why even get a reward tank if you are unable to use it?

There has never been a ranked season that is all about the team. It has always been focused around the individual stats of that battle. So to whine about it after, how ever many they have had and saying that after(which means you are still playing it) this season you are done is pretty comical. :popcorn:

Edited by jst2gr8, Mar 26 2020 - 20:29.

golruul #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 22807 battles

Reasons for T9 ranked:

Much better vehicle balance compared to T10

<other good points>

Reasons against T9 ranked:

WG makes less money

<other irrelevant stuff>

Reasons against T9 wins!  T10 it shall remain!

Above may seem sarcastic, but is actually true. 

I personally don't bother with ranked because of the terrible vehicle balance (reward tanks included) at Tier 10.

As for the "we're waiting a unanimous decision", that's just stupid and a sad cop-out.  Obviously people with the OP tanks (reward or tech tree) want the ability to use them, so they're never going to want a mode where they can't use them.  Here's a radical idea: balance those tanks so we don't have to even decide if they should be used or not.  Type 5 was stupid OP before.  Now that it's not, no one cares about them in battle anymore.  Make the other stupid OP tanks not OP and no one will care.

FatFreddiesCat #6 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42543 battles
  • [GKC] GKC
I find it strange WG wants Ranked played in T10 but gives a T9 as a reward.

RoIito #7 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19571 battles

View Postjst2gr8, on Mar 26 2020 - 14:29, said:

So you are saying that if you actually do the missions and get those reward tanks or that if you are in a clan and get those reward tanks that you should not be able to play them? That makes no sense at all. Why even get a reward tank if you are unable to use it?

There has never been a ranked season that is all about the team. It has always been focused around the individual stats of that battle. So to whine about it after, how ever many they have had and saying that after(which means you are still playing it) this season you are done is pretty comical. :popcorn:

Of course, if you promote an event as skill based the least you would expect is having overpowered tanks that are available a few times over a year to a handful of players, as it is skill based, not supposed to be about who has the most op tanks.

D1CKENS #8 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14094 battles
  • [FORTH] FORTH
ok sorry but this is terrible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users