Tier 10s

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

JetHotBolt #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 18:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 2705 battles
  • [DNY] DNY
So I'm a decently experienced player (2,687 battles at time of posting) and my garage is full of mid tier tanks. I have so many 5s and 6s, and I would really like to get a tier 10 while I'm stuck at home due to COVID-19. Any advice you could offer on ways to speed up getting a tier 10 or maybe a good line to go up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Panzerkind #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 38960 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Premium account + playing a lot + getting high average XP all help you grind up the tech tree faster. 

For a first tier 10, I would recommend either the IS-7 or Object 430U. They are both fairly low skill cap, all around forgiving and straight forward tanks to play and will introduce you to the tier 10 meta the easiest. 

nerazzurrini #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 18:59

Private

• Players
  • 39393 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

Please note that 2k battles is in no way "experienced." Only after you hit 10k+ one can call yourself "not completely noob." Please, until you get 55%+ in a tier Z, don't move to tier Z+1. Tier 10 is full of clueless players as is and battles finish in no time because mistakes are punished swiftly.

Edited by nerazzurrini, Mar 26 2020 - 18:59.

SputnikRSS #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13879 battles
  • [-G_R-] -G_R-

Please don't. Play at least 6K games below tier 6 and learn the game. Once you can carry and dominate most matches at a tier then move up. You are just going to get wrecked and cost your team the game with the other 2-3K personal rating players that felt the need to play tier 10. 

Looking at your stats i would actually say head back down to tier 4 currently as that is where you can learn most effectively.

Youdda #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69686 battles

You will be disappointed.

I have played many many many games and I do not like T10. If you do go against all advice, I would recommend you get premium account or a couple premium tanks to offset the cost. Without premium T9 and T10 are not sustainable.

JetHotBolt #6 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 2705 battles
  • [DNY] DNY
Thanks. Didn't expect this many replies this quickly. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on what is experienced. I wouldn't say I'm a total noob, but by no means am I carrying games. I'll probably just keep playing mid tier for a while and diversify my garage. Any ideas on some good learning tanks mid tier?

SputnikRSS #7 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13879 battles
  • [-G_R-] -G_R-

Mid tier tanks 

Tier 4 - T28, Luchs

Tier 5 - T67, T34, Pz.sfl.IVc (Death Toaster)

Tier 6 - SU-100, T34-85, STRV-74, M4A3E2 (With stock turret and derp)

Those tanks should help you learn how to play a couple styles too. Not getting spotted in the TDs using a little armor with the 34-85 and M4Jumbo, Run and gun with the luchs, Support medium with no armor but dpm in the T28

Edited by SputnikRSS, Mar 26 2020 - 19:23.

The_Pink_Panther #8 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 86 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG
I have the Obj 277 and IS-7.  Both are very decent and fairly easy to get, if you wish.

SporkBoy #9 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 53377 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Seriously, pick a line you think looks interesting and just play that line and have fun.

Tier X is anti-climactic and not a great goal.

But, T-54 is a good tank that leads to lots of interesting options. Same goes for BC12t.

SlappedbyRommel #10 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12009 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Don't do it you will be farmed by much more experienced players and your gaming pleasurer will be in the negatives - I have only played a few games at T10 and still need to learn a lot.

ThaneTyrian #11 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17368 battles

I agree with what everybody has said so far. 

THAT said, if you're a "Collector" (keep ALL the tanks you buy, want to get them ALL) like me, then go get your X !  You don't have to play it.  I have a bunch of Xs and RARELY play them because they normally don't make credits.  I stick to Tier VIIIs mostly, and Premiums at that, because they make the most credits, and I NEED credits to but more tanks.  So here's my humble advice on how to get to a X quickly.  Get a Premium Account.  Play Premium Tanks that you are GOOD in because you get more credits and Exp when you WIN (so maybe run Tier VI and VII premiums for awhile - Tier VIII is far more difficult because you can run into a lot of Tier IX and X matches).   If you can with the Premiums you buy, try to get x5 multipliers for after the first victory of the day, and focus on playing THOSE Premiums.  Run Personal Reserves for Extra XP, Free Exp, and Credits.  Whichever line you focus on (IS-7 and Obj 430U are excellent recommendations cause they're the "easiest" to play), grind those non-premium tanks to get the fist victory of the day, then switch back to your x5 Premiums.  Use whatever Blueprints you have on the Tier IX or X tanks (most bang per buck per Blueprint).  Play a LOT! 

Caveat with my advice:  you'll need a lot of GOLD to convert experience.  If you're not going to spend THAT much money on the game (Premiums cost, obviously), it'll take a lot longer.  But it's do-able.  Personal Reserves

are given away so use them.  Premium Account is a HUGE boost, so try to get that.  Maybe get 3 Premium Tanks (again HUGE boost) that you can rotate with the Tech Tree Tank as you play a session.  Focus on playing what you're good at (Hvy, Med, LT, TD).  You'll get there.

Good Luck, Good Sir!!!    

Edited by ThaneTyrian, Mar 26 2020 - 19:41.

AllieOop2 #12 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

Dont do it. I know the goal is there and new players want to reach up but its huge mistake for two reasons. You will get destroyed at this point. You will lose money on tier X. Lots of it.

I did it I know it was a huge mistake.

IMO anything under tier IV-V is worthless for learning anything except that guy has camo and a derp gun with four skill crew and 30,000 matches why is he here.

V-VII IMO is the sweet spot to stay an learn. Buy a tier VI prem tank or two or three Get Prem time learn to play effectively. Train your crews and build up a bank account.

Unless you enjoy getting your skull bashed in match after match an losing 10,000 credits.

oldewolfe #13 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 26231 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I can Agree on quite a Few things, IS7 or 430U, Both good Choices for a First Tier 10....      Should you, at less that 3K Battles there's nothing Wrong with Planning ahead, but Putting it Off and Taking your Time will not only Benefit You but your Sanity as well....     Tier 10 right now is a Mess and has been for quite some Time, I wouldn't Wish that on anyone that's not been here all that Long...

Crews are just as Important to a Tank as is the Knowledge of the Operator, a Bad Crew in a High Tier Tank will just Disappoint and Frustrate you to no End.... The Tier it Lives in the Most will also Determine how it's Played, Lower Tiers can Blindly Plug ahead and for the most Part get away with it, at the Higher Tiers it never Ends Well....        Having the Best Tank in the Game means Nothing if you're unable to Use it to it's Fullest, but Knowing the Tanks you're Facing and When to do things can make even a Bad Tank work...        And getting toward Tier 7 and 8 you WILL be Bottom Tiered alot, and at Tier 7 those Tier 9 Tanks are basically Stock Tier 10's....

Plan for your Upper Tiers before you get them, get Crews Trained Up to at the very Least 3 Skills since that covers Most of all the Basic Skills/Perks you could ever Need to get by....      Have plenty of Credits and Free XP Available because this Game isn't just Shooting Red Tanks, it 's that as well as alot a Garage and Crew Management and the Higher Tiers can Run your Garage Broke Fast...       

Remember, it's not a Race to Tier 10....       You're supposed to have Fun, the Game is enough Work as it is...      Don't add More Frustration onto yourself than you'll already be getting from some of the Lackluster Game Play your Team will Demonstrate....

Hijak #14 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19432 battles
  • [-G_R-] -G_R-

Don't play in Tier 10 until you are ready, as many others have stated you need to get better with the tanks you have.  I know about this from my personal experience.  I rushed down long ago to the IS-7 (when the IS-4 was the tier 9) all just so I could participate in Clan wars with a clan I was in.  I hated it, and for the longest time I never played my tier 10's.  Only within the last 2 years did I feel like I was getting good enough to actually contribute in tier 10 tanks, and within the last 2 or 3 months really started to play them exclusivly.  I still suck in a lot of battles, but I can also contribute and not be a detriment to the team.

Take your time, learn the nuances of the game, and have fun  Tier 10 isn't always as fun as it seems

Fractured_Raptor #15 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27818 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
It's a slog and despite our hatred for that it exists for a reason. It forces you to play the next tank longer to learn the new additions, like being able to side scrape or what situations makes it the strongest. A good example is the T30 moving to the E4. The T30 has great gun depression but zero body armor. It plays different than a E4. The E4 is more heavily armored on the body and it's very adequate at being played like a heavy. Either you go with them and support them directly by scraping or you sit with them and poke to shoot when the enemy is on reload. You can't do that in a T30 on most maps. It makes me question the lines sometimes. The difference in styles is a shock if you get too used to what the T30 can and can't do. That's from a new player view though. As someone who knows the game you'd make the transition with no issues. Get used to the tanks and the tanks you face before moving up. That way you know the weak spots of everything you'll see. If you rush up the tree you won't be as effective. 

Edited by Fractured_Raptor, Mar 26 2020 - 20:11.

ThaneTyrian #16 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17368 battles
What the last few Peeps said about Crews is spot on.  Fastest way to get a good crew is to flip them between Premiums because the Tech Tree Tank Crew can fight in a Premium of its same class without penalty.  For Example, My Tier X Centurion Action X Crew fights in my Tier VIII Premiums Centurion 5/1 AND the FV4002.  I have x5 Exp on both at the moment, so whichever one I win in first they stat in, but if I didn't have the x5 on either, I'd win in one then flip them to the other, that way they're getting extra battles and more experience.

Warfish #17 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8286 battles

Cash -> Gold - > Convert Free Exp. -> Tier 10

You'll probably be no good in the Tier 10, but you'll have one.

golruul #18 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 22807 battles

Best bang for the buck is premium account.  You get 50% more xp and credits + daily x3 five times + daily missions + other daily missions.

Which line?  Pick a Russian medium/heavy line except K-91.

All that said, don't do that.  Learn the game more first.  If you rush up the line you're going to end up getting slaughtered in most battles, then you're going to start flooding the forums with "game/MM is rigged" and "why aren't teams balanced / SBMM" garbage.  Then people will rightly ridicule you.  Then you'll end up becoming toxic and hating the game.

So spend more time in mid tiers and figure out the game mechanics more.

Pipinghot #19 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostJetHotBolt, on Mar 26 2020 - 12:37, said:

Any advice you could offer on ways to speed up getting a tier 10

My advice is: Don't.

This is not like most other games, you don't want to rush up to Tier X unless you like losing a lot and being really frustrated. If you don't care about being beaten like a piñata then go for it, but if you actually want to get better at the game and want to enjoy winning more often, don't jump in to the deep end too soon. WoT is a completely different game at Tier IX and X than it is at Tier V and VI. The best thing you can do for your sanity is to spend some time at each tier, get accustomed to how the difficulty of the game increases as you move up the tiers, and only go up to the next tier when you're happy with your Win Rate and you skill level.

But if you're a WoT masochist and just like suffering for no good reason, then go for it.

Waarheid #20 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18776 battles

If you want a gauge of how well you are playing, look at tanks.gg or some other WN8 tracking site. That metric is not definitive, but it can help you to see where you can be improving. 

Also go to youtube and look for player guides and tutorials. 

Edited by Waarheid, Mar 26 2020 - 23:36.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users