Jump to content


Artillery accuracy reduced in latest update?

Artillery

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Fist_of_Kalinga #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:32

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019
I noticed after the update the accuracy of my SPGs has dropped. Lately, I'll target something, zoom all the way in, wait for the aim circle to reduce completely, fire, and the round will still land off the screen. It wasn't this bad before the latest update. Was something done to reduce SPG accuracy lately?

Edited by Fist_of_Kalinga, Mar 26 2020 - 19:38.


Bolted_On #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 65017 battles
  • 908
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012
Arty players whining is music to my ears, a symphony.....   :teethhappy:

Fist_of_Kalinga #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:42

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019

View PostBolted_On, on Mar 26 2020 - 19:36, said:

Arty players whining is music to my ears, a symphony.....   :teethhappy:



Ah, you must be one of the saps I one-shotted. Either that or you're just jealous that we easily double the average credits per game that you poor tankers do. The butt-hurt is strong in this one. Nevertheless, the question stands.



SKurj #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:46

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
which update?  didn't play yesterday but the day before i played only arty and found just the usual rng^$%%$#

SKurj #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

View PostFist_of_Kalinga, on Mar 26 2020 - 13:42, said:



Ah, you must be one of the saps I one-shotted. Either that or you're just jealous that we easily double the average credits per game that you poor tankers do. The butt-hurt is strong in this one. Nevertheless, the question stands.

 

double?  at what tier?  my highest arty is T9 and I sure don't make credits running it..



Bolted_On #6 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 65017 battles
  • 908
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostFist_of_Kalinga, on Mar 26 2020 - 18:42, said:



Ah, you must be one of the saps I one-shotted. Either that or you're just jealous that we easily double the average credits per game that you poor tankers do. The butt-hurt is strong in this one. Nevertheless, the question stands.

 

LOL, yeah, in your dreams.   Double the average credits ??    Are you sure you are talking about WoT ?   Sounds like clueless noob talk.

 

You really need to watch this video ..... https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

 



Panzerkind #7 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 19:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 38960 battles
  • 2,459
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012
Wow a dumb question from an arty player? Never seen this one before. 

Projectile_Misfired #8 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 20:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 38815 battles
  • 3,452
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostFist_of_Kalinga, on Mar 26 2020 - 18:32, said:

I noticed after the update the accuracy of my SPGs has dropped. Lately, I'll target something, zoom all the way in, wait for the aim circle to reduce completely, fire, and the round will still land off the screen. It wasn't this bad before the latest update. Was something done to reduce SPG accuracy lately?

I'll check it out for you.

Which arty/ies were you playing that you think have been nerfed?



Wildest_Coyote #9 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:07

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10931 battles
  • 82
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

Which tank?

The gw E 100 never ceases to shock me with its stupid misses. Recently the american arty have been the same. 



Fist_of_Kalinga #10 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:40

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019

View PostSKurj, on Mar 26 2020 - 19:47, said:

 

double?  at what tier?  my highest arty is T9 and I sure don't make credits running it..

 

Tier VI - Tier VII so far. As long as I use the regular HE shells, I can put together a quarter-million in a couple of days.

 

View PostBolted_On, on Mar 26 2020 - 19:50, said:

 

LOL, yeah, in your dreams.   Double the average credits ??    Are you sure you are talking about WoT ?   Sounds like clueless noob talk.

 

You really need to watch this video ..... https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

 

 

I'm just going by the video Quickfingers (Quicky Baby) put out: https://www.youtube....h?v=BP2B4xUWogE (skip to the end, where he talks about honorable mentions)

 

View PostSKurj, on Mar 26 2020 - 19:46, said:

which update?  didn't play yesterday but the day before i played only arty and found just the usual rng^$%%$#

 

I was referring to the last major update, a few weeks ago.



Fist_of_Kalinga #11 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:45

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 26 2020 - 20:23, said:

I'll check it out for you.

Which arty/ies were you playing that you think have been nerfed?

 

Lately, it's been the M12, M44 and M41 American, but I've also noticed it with my Tier II and IV German SPGs. The M12 has been the worst offender, and is more suspect due to it having lower dispersion than the M44 has yet missing even more egregiously.

 

View PostWildest_Coyote, on Mar 26 2020 - 21:07, said:

Which tank?

The gw E 100 never ceases to shock me with its stupid misses. Recently the american arty have been the same. 

 

Mostly American, tier V, VI, and VII, though my two Germans have also had some unusually wide misses lately.



Fist_of_Kalinga #12 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:54

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019

View PostBolted_On, on Mar 26 2020 - 19:50, said:

 

LOL, yeah, in your dreams.   Double the average credits ??    Are you sure you are talking about WoT ?   Sounds like clueless noob talk.

 

You really need to watch this video ..... https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

 

 

 

I guess I should have clarified that I was talking non-premium. Most non-premium vehicles manage 5k-6k per game average where artillery can do around 10K average. Obviously if you pay to play it's entirely different. And I linked the wrong video. The one I meant to link is: https://www.youtube...._JfxraJ8&t=630s


Edited by Fist_of_Kalinga, Mar 26 2020 - 21:55.


Bolted_On #13 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 65017 battles
  • 908
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostFist_of_Kalinga, on Mar 26 2020 - 20:54, said:

 

 

I guess I should have clarified that I was talking non-premium. Most non-premium vehicles manage 5k-6k per game average where artillery can do around 10K average. Obviously if you pay to play it's entirely different. And I linked the wrong video. The one I meant to link is: https://www.youtube...._JfxraJ8&t=630s

 

Who said anything about "pay to play" ?? Do you even know what that means ?   I have premium tanks I run as crew trainers and to make credits because I play a lot of tier 10 and do Clan Wars, neither of which are profitable.   But of course, being a world class noob, you wouldn't know anything about that.



Fist_of_Kalinga #14 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:15

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 936 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-22-2019

View PostBolted_On, on Mar 26 2020 - 22:01, said:

 

Who said anything about "pay to play" ?? Do you even know what that means ?   I have premium tanks I run as crew trainers and to make credits because I play a lot of tier 10 and do Clan Wars, neither of which are profitable.   But of course, being a world class noob, you wouldn't know anything about that.

 

I mentioned pay-to-play because the video I originally linked to was for 10 Best Premium credit-making vehicles, whereas the one I meant to link to, and added in my later post, is about free-to-play vehicles.

 

And so what if I haven't been playing as long; is this not the Newcomer's Forum? Why be such an [edited]-eye?



HeavyMetalSix #15 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 56795 battles
  • 410
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostBolted_On, on Mar 26 2020 - 18:50, said:

 

LOL, yeah, in your dreams.   Double the average credits ??    Are you sure you are talking about WoT ?   Sounds like clueless noob talk.

 

You really need to watch this video ..... https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

 


To resurrect an older form of media you'd need to make clay tablets great again.  Crying about arty what a stable man baby.



cavalry11 #16 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 52336 battles
  • 868
  • [APG] APG
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Accuracy seems to be on a day to day basis. One day I hardly miss next day cannot hit side of barn parked in barn.

SKurj #17 Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16795 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
hmmm  tier 6 and 7 make a little and in a couple days with all the battle pass and daily missions 250k is nothing....  in fact that is likely just a couple hours with premium.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Today, 12:44 AM

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 9,740
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

I'm betting you don't have highly trained crews for the most part.  I'm also betting that your crew might also not be 100% qualified in their vehicles.  Additionally speaking, I doubt you are making as many credits as you possibly could.

 

In fact, I'm sure of it, because I play arty a lot and I KNOW I'm doing much better on the whole than you are in many SPGs you have.  Not bragging, just pointing out that between you and I, there is a fairly large skill gap for the same class of vehicles and that's an important consideration in that whole, "double the credits..." portion of someone else's claim with regard to SPGs.

 

Now, to that end, I recommend you browse through the links in this:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1).  Trust me, the information in this set of links WILL help you to play better if you read and take the time to understand what's contained therein.  It helped me to be a better player and I'm sure it will help ANYONE who is willing to learn more and do better at playing this game.  You don't even have to be a 'serious' gamer to do well.  I played on a laptop made in 2010 until this last October.  I got a wireless rural service and played with that old rig.  11 fps, 250ms Ping, lag, spikes and freezes for internet with a potato laptop with 6G RAM shared between the Video Chip and the OS.  

 

Even with that for my technical setup, I did okay and the stuff in that package is really WHY I could do okay.  My last year or so of play was almost ONLY arty, due to the aforementioned difficulties, I could only play the slowest of units.  And I managed a decent WR and did my fair share of "carry" battles -- in an SPG.  Because it was all I could play.

 

I like to play my best, no matter what game I'm playing.  I rarely play a game and then become distracted by something else.  If that happens, I'm not that interested in the game.  So I might turn out differently than your 'average' player, I am not sure.  However, I figure if I could do it with that crap of a setup, then folks with better gear and connections have a really good shot at doing even better IF THEY JUST TAKE THE TIME to read stuff in that package.

 

Your profile indicates you are almost exclusively an SPG player.  No worries.  Don't let the 'anti-SPG' noise make you respond in kind with quickly worded (and usually inaccurately so) statements that are intended as barbs as opposed to actual communication.

 

I like arty, however I like ALL the units (haven't tried the Wheeled Vehicles) equally well, so that might also make me a very small minority in the player base.

 

You, OP, should take some time to read through some of those links.  I promise you that they are well worth the time.  It's impossible to play your best if you don't actually know what the rules of the game are.  You can't go wrong when you know what's going on.

 

 

Meanwhile, OP, arty is no more -- nor less -- accurate than it has been.  It's you, for some reason.  I find that when my connection speed changes (more than 20% or so) or my frame rates change notably, it takes a while for me to recalibrate my timing.  It doesn't matter if that change goes from faster to slower or slower to faster, there's a bit of time when I have to consciously adjust my timing to what I'm seeing going on the screen.

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO







Also tagged with Artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users