Jump to content


You had me at ' nerf the wheelies '

wheeled

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Lab #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:27

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11703 battles
  • 63
  • [MCATS] MCATS
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

OMG YES a thousand times YES ! I no longer feel bad that I didn't get a EBR during x-mas or black market . I did level up a Lynx but hey I can live with never playing it again :P 

 

  • Finally, we aim to consistently adjust wheeled vehicles to stop them more effectively when they're hit.

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

 



V_for_Vindictive #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 42995 battles
  • 3,010
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

View PostLab, on Mar 26 2020 - 20:27, said:

OMG YES a thousand times YES ! I no longer feel bad that I didn't get a EBR during x-mas or black market . I did level up a Lynx but hey I can live with never playing it again :P 

 

  • Finally, we aim to consistently adjust wheeled vehicles to stop them more effectively when they're hit.

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

 


where did you hear this? do you have the link to the story? It's good they are acknowledging how broken the French clown cars are, but doubt its gonna get implemented anytime soon. Remember the VK45B, OB268-4, and T110E5 nerf cries and WG saying they will? I took a year on those....



Winterpeger #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 53220 battles
  • 2,357
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

View PostV_for_Vindictive, on Mar 26 2020 - 15:40, said:


where did you hear this? do you have the link to the story? It's good they are acknowledging how broken the French clown cars are, but doubt its gonna get implemented anytime soon. Remember the VK45B, OB268-4, and T110E5 nerf cries and WG saying they will? I took a year on those....

 

Look under the "Vehicle Rebalancing" section

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/features-2020/



omi5cron #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 21:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 25754 battles
  • 5,723
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
i hope they follow through with this.or instead change the wheeliEbola gunhandling/autoaim.as long as something constructive is done.

My_Name_Is_Nobody_ #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:05

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8644 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    07-13-2018

View PostLab, on Mar 26 2020 - 21:27, said:

OMG YES a thousand times YES ! I no longer feel bad that I didn't get a EBR during x-mas or black market . I did level up a Lynx but hey I can live with never playing it again :P 

 

  • Finally, we aim to consistently adjust wheeled vehicles to stop them more effectively when they're hit.

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

 


Dayum


Edited by My_Name_Is_Nobody_, Mar 26 2020 - 22:06.


AllieOop2 #6 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14 battles
  • 1,685
  • Member since:
    02-22-2019
The Prem tank wont change rest of them that were not an issue will. Another reason to not grind anything new on the tech tree.

Hans_von_Twitchy #7 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 45005 battles
  • 1,081
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
  • Member since:
    04-12-2014

Every single aspect of "Super Magical Fantasy Clown Cars" is friggin unreal and game-wrecking: speed, acceleration, maneuverability, gun site, turret rotation, snap shotting, ammo statistics, terrain passability (esp on snow, sand, swamp), damage absorption, hit points, lack of crew/module damage, physics,....

 

WG's plan to: "Finally, we aim to consistently adjust wheeled vehicles to stop them more effectively when they're hit" doesn't go anywhere near far enough. Everything should be nerfed! I am sick to death (metaphor only) of having good games wrecked because one team had a skilled player in a super magical fantasy clown car.



Veracks #8 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24957 battles
  • 644
  • [SU] SU
  • Member since:
    04-07-2011

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Mar 26 2020 - 16:30, said:

I am sick to death (metaphor only) of having good games wrecked because one team had a skilled player in a super magical fantasy clown car.

 

To be fair, that's any good tank with a good player in it. The EBR isn't particularly OP because of some mystical auto aiming most people like to accredit to it (just learn to aim and rapidly right click). The issue with the wheelies is that they transform an otherwise rather slow game into something more akin to a twitch reaction based FPS. Players who know how to actually play a fast paced FPS instead of "my big brick moves at 20kph" will get a distinct advantage due to this. Then of course you have people who don't know how to respond to a tank circling them.

 

Honestly, I'd rather see the traditional lights get buffs to bring them up to par. As it is, things like the Pz Wagon, WZ, and Sheridan are laughably bad. The 13 105 is barely passable in certain niches, and the T100/EBR dominate 99.999% of the time.



Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #9 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28330 battles
  • 2,867
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-
  • Member since:
    08-07-2014

View PostVeracks, on Mar 26 2020 - 14:47, said:

 

To be fair, that's any good tank with a good player in it. The EBR isn't particularly OP because of some mystical auto aiming most people like to accredit to it (just learn to aim and rapidly right click). The issue with the wheelies is that they transform an otherwise rather slow game into something more akin to a twitch reaction based FPS. Players who know how to actually play a fast paced FPS instead of "my big brick moves at 20kph" will get a distinct advantage due to this. Then of course you have people who don't know how to respond to a tank circling them.

 

Honestly, I'd rather see the traditional lights get buffs to bring them up to par. As it is, things like the Pz Wagon, WZ, and Sheridan are laughably bad. The 13 105 is barely passable in certain niches, and the T100/EBR dominate 99.999% of the time.

Yeah...  My AMX 13 105 feels positively anemic in comparison.



tanopasman62 #10 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21727 battles
  • 4,681
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

I don't think this will affect the one that actually needs the nerfing though.

 

Just like E 25 kept its afterfire camo, and lefefe kept its pen, VR and HEAT rounds.



LOL_i_CLICKED_u #11 Posted Yesterday, 12:08 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31663 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013
This is code for "Sales have been slipping badly for awhile, so we're now going to nerf what we sold you".

goldfinger_555 #12 Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27818 battles
  • 1,354
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

View Posttanopasman62, on Mar 26 2020 - 22:52, said:

I don't think this will affect the one that actually needs the nerfing though.

 

Just like E 25 kept its afterfire camo, and lefefe kept its pen, VR and HEAT rounds.

True but its a start at least.



tanopasman62 #13 Posted Yesterday, 12:48 AM

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21727 battles
  • 4,681
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Mar 27 2020 - 00:14, said:

True but its a start at least.

 

It isn't, as usual for tier 8 it's the premium tank the one that's actually broken, and as usual, it'll walk away with no consecuences.







Also tagged with wheeled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users