90 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 22:58

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 15152 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, 

The Update 1.9 Common Test is live!

The update's primary focus is cleanup and rebalance for quite a few mid-to-low tier vehicles. Additionally, we're introducing 2 new vehicles, the Cavalier (transitioning from the Matilda) and the T6 Medium (transitioning from the M3 Stuart).

The low-tier HP increase that received positive feedback from new balance testing is coming in the 1.9 Common test - helping to smooth out the transition in survivability in low to mid tiers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

With the tech tree cleanup, we will be introducing the collectors' vehicles tab - where the 92 vehicles being removed from the tech tree will be located. To purchase a colector's vehicle, it will be necessary to first research a vehicle of that nation & tier.     

Finally, some quality of life changes for Boot Camp, and Wheeled Vehicles driving in reverse  (don't panic! As mentioned in the 2020 Rebalance preview, we're looking at some changes to Wheeled Vehicle dynamics, particularly their mobility after sustaining enemy fire.)                                                                                     

For more details, including a full list of changes to vehicle characteristics, check out the article. For a summary that's more detailed than mine, check out the video below.

Please feel free to leave your feedback below, and if you haven't had a chance to check out the 2020 Changes preview, head over to KRZYBoop's forum post to leave feedback on all those changes.                                               

Edited by DomoSapien, Mar 26 2020 - 22:58.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #2 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:18

Captain

• Players
  • 36771 battles
my feedback is do what you want but don't touch my beloved Cruiser II

Kramah313 #3 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6871 battles

Watched the video but haven’t tried the common test yet. But one thing that jumps out at me on the collectors vehicles is that not only will they need dedicated crews, but they will retain their stock grinds? You still need to research the modules? I think this will prevent a lot of players from buying these. If they can’t be elite tanks at least remove the grinding from them so players can try them out. 

I realize free XP conversion is a source of income but people won’t convert XP for these, they’ll just not buy them. If there was more incentive to buy them for credits at least people might spend credits on equipment and possibly customization as well. 

Maybe it’s to keep players that did convert free XP for the modules happy, how about refunding players XP for those modules instead? 

Please correct me if I’m wrong about this. 

venoofnecona #4 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 48609 battles
  • [BEARD] BEARD
can not find where the to download the new test server. thanks for your help in this matter.

Christojojo #5 Posted Mar 26 2020 - 23:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37291 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostKramah313, on Mar 26 2020 - 17:18, said:

Watched the video but haven’t tried the common test yet. But one thing that jumps out at me on the collectors vehicles is that not only will they need dedicated crews, but they will retain their stock grinds? You still need to research the modules? I think this will prevent a lot of players from buying these. If they can’t be elite tanks at least remove the grinding from them so players can try them out. 

I realize free XP conversion is a source of income but people won’t convert XP for these, they’ll just not buy them. If there was more incentive to buy them for credits at least people might spend credits on equipment and possibly customization as well. 

Maybe it’s to keep players that did convert free XP for the modules happy, how about refunding players XP for those modules instead? 

Please correct me if I’m wrong about this. 

I just think refunding hte research to unlock a tank xp and bluprints would be a good measure. (my Opinion)

BarronVonBeck #6 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 00:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 16605 battles
Admittedly an old guy here...  but a quick question regarding the changes that are coming with 1.9.  If I have the T-62A researched, but not bought - what is the best course to take now?  Get it now or after change?  Thanks!

_Griff #7 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 00:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59520 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Logged in to see the changes, and read the patch notes, here are my thoughts

• T26, T46, T2 Medium, M2 Medium, Pz35t, and Pz 38t did not transfer over like the rest of the collector tanks and need to be rebought, additionally the crews for these tanks, while saying they are in crew barracks, can not actually be moved to any tank, even the tank they are trained for, just get an error message. (Might be a personal problem YMMV)
  • I'd personally prefer having the t6+ collector's vehicles be able to use any crew like on sandbox, but I'm biased. I do think that collectors' tanks need something
  • The tanks being moved a tier higher worry me balance wise,  increased hp, slightly increased dispersion, and slightly increased view range does not make up for the fact that the tank is now a tier higher with a corresponding change in MM. The Covenanter and Crusader in particular look excessively weak compared to their at tier peers. The KV1s is a bit of an outlier here as the effort was actually made to adjust the tank to its new tier, and I can see it working even if a low alpha dpm heavy is weird for russia. It does make me wonder why the same apparent effort taken with the KV1s was absent from the other tanks being uptiered.

Some smaller thoughts

• T54e1 getting a gun that isnt reliant on apcr spam...good change.
  • T6 medium...making a 105mm derp tank at tier 4 with a turret and 12 deg of gun depression was not the smartest move.
  • HP pools of tiers 1-6 being buffed...good change.
  • Increased number of shells to deal with the corresponding increase in HP...good change.
  • Simplification of the tech trees...the tech tree never bothered me in the past but the change is not geared towards a player like me so w/e.
  • VK 3001H plays exactly the same as when it was a heavy, just gets less comparative health as it is now classed as a medium, effectively nerfing the tank...dumb.
  • T67 getting nerfed, 80 less horsepower, increased aim time, and increased bloom on movement...I am ok with this, I have no doubt that there will be plenty crying about how their tank is being ruined though .
  • s35ca losing the 105mm death cannon...no strong feelings either way, though the popularity of the tank is going to drop like a rock.
  • Vk 3001P as a heavy is interesting, it has essentially become a less armored Tiger 131/Heavy Tank No 6, with theoretical better mobility...an odd choice, and one I didn't see as necessary. Holding off commenting further until/if I can get a game that isn't a training room, leaning towards this being a bad change though.

Might post more thoughts if I play more, probably not for this iteration.

Edited by _Griff, Mar 27 2020 - 01:09.

RoIito #8 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 00:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20029 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Thanks for murdering the VK 30.01 P and the S35 CA WG, well done.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #9 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 00:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 28671 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

It says on the client that this is common test for 1.8.

Am I downloading 20+ gigs of the wrong test server?

~B

GenErwinRommel #10 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 01:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 76659 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

more Russian tanks getting buffed

while all non Russian tanks are getting nerfed

lenticular #11 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 01:50

Captain

• Players
  • 45377 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM
  • Block Quote

Vk 3001P as a heavy is interesting, it has essentially become a less armored Tiger 131/Heavy Tank No 6, with theoretical better mobility...an odd choice, and one I didn't see as necessary. Holding off commenting further until/if I can get a game that isn't a training room, leaning towards this being a bad change though.

If they go through with these changes, they'll have absolutely destroyed one of the most enjoyable tanks in the game. And for no reason. I would hope we can convince them not to do this. I'd prefer to see it moved to the Collectors Tank bin than see my favorite tank wrecked like this.

Edited by lenticular, Mar 27 2020 - 01:51.

Shibadogdog #12 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57042 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View Post_Griff, on Mar 26 2020 - 17:11, said:

• T26, T46, T2 Medium, M2 Medium, Pz35t, and Pz 38t did not transfer over like the rest of the collector tanks and need to be rebought

This cant happen!!! If I have to repurchase tanks I already own that's the final straw. Its a crime they are stealing all the exp we already invested in these collector tanks ( yes stealing) if we are expected to repurchase them it's time for a new hobby.

Daurock #13 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 02:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28520 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

Knee jerk reactions -

On the basic moving of tanks - Oof.  Nothing like the old "bait and switch."  Would have been nice to know a few weeks back that this was happening in this fashion.  No XP moved to previous tanks from the ones getting moved, no Blueprints for fully researched tanks, no nothing.  Would have been nice to know this a couple months back, like around christmas time, when I burned a fair amount of Prints on the 113, and saved a hundred prints.  I noticed i had a few blueprints added from some lower tier tanks I had a fragment or two of, but those with very few low tier tanks researched are likely to get a ton more prints than I. (Since instead of actually having them researched, they will instead have the prints refunded, as universal prints, literally multiplying what they earned by 6 fold)  It makes me feel like i get the rug pulled out from under me, simply for having more done.  It Leaves a VERY sour taste in my mouth.

On the HP improvements - Very nice.  Nice to see far fewer low tier tanks being one shot.  Some balancing will need to be done, but by and large a solid improvement.

On tanks changing class - Some good, some pretty rough.  The 3001P looks like it got neutered.  Needs some armor, or a better gun if it is intended to be a heavy now.  The 54E1 looks better, if different.  More like the T57, which is probably a good thing.  Maybe a similar treatment for the T69 is warranted though, since it still is pretty bad. 

Subject_of_Pain #14 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 04:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5933 battles
  • [LDZP] LDZP
Make sure to tell the Devs "thanks" for turning a great and fun German medium tank, the VK 30.01 (P) into a slow not fun, steaming pile of fermenting dog crap. Apparently, either for their own stupid convenience or, they felt they needed to justify their jobs by screwing up a German tank and pissing off a lot of players. Anyway, changing it from a medium to a heavy garbage pile is stupid, just stupid.:facepalm:

Dielana #15 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 05:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 12401 battles
  • [-SSI-] -SSI-

"If a vehicle up to and including Tier VIII has been relocated to the Collectors' Vehicles tab, then the vehicle of the next Tier (+1) and all tanks of lower Tiers will be automatically researched*. This applies regardless of whether you purchased it or not."

Doesn't this mean that the T29 should be unlocked for those that have the M4A3E2 Jumbo unlocked? Cause it looks like it isn't unlocking it.

Edited by Dielana, Mar 27 2020 - 05:06.

madogthefirst #16 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 07:19

Major

• Players
  • 25907 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post_Griff, on Mar 26 2020 - 15:11, said:

• T26, T46, T2 Medium, M2 Medium, Pz35t, and Pz 38t did not transfer over like the rest of the collector tanks and need to be rebought, additionally the crews for these tanks, while saying they are in crew barracks, can not actually be moved to any tank, even the tank they are trained for, just get an error message. (Might be a personal problem YMMV)

Wait what?:angry:

Enroh #17 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 10:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31742 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Why are WG nerfing credit profitability once again? Some tanks are seeing a 23% hit. Credit making is so low now even for good players without credit boosters (which once again were removed from the store) and frankly I do not want to play tier 8 prems all the time to make credits to buy my tier tens that I rarely play in pubs because I spend all my time having to grind credits. Remove the credit nerf. 

SKurj #18 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 13:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16852 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ

View PostShibadogdog, on Mar 26 2020 - 20:51, said:

This cant happen!!! If I have to repurchase tanks I already own that's the final straw. Its a crime they are stealing all the exp we already invested in these collector tanks ( yes stealing) if we are expected to repurchase them it's time for a new hobby.

man do you not read?   they are taking nothing away if you already have them...

SKurj #19 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 14:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16852 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ

View PostEnroh, on Mar 27 2020 - 04:07, said:

Why are WG nerfing credit profitability once again? Some tanks are seeing a 23% hit. Credit making is so low now even for good players without credit boosters (which once again were removed from the store) and frankly I do not want to play tier 8 prems all the time to make credits to buy my tier tens that I rarely play in pubs because I spend all my time having to grind credits. Remove the credit nerf. 

they have stated there will be no change to profitability...   could this be just a CT config...   or WG are you really trying to slide one through?  Or is this where...  to retain profitability we have to change how and what we play?

Tupinambis #20 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 15:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38784 battles

View PostEnroh, on Mar 27 2020 - 10:07, said:

View PostSKurj, on Mar 27 2020 - 14:28, said:

they have stated there will be no change to profitability...   could this be just a CT config...   or WG are you really trying to slide one through?  Or is this where...  to retain profitability we have to change how and what we play?

The repair cost rates and credit income rates are going down because the HP pools at these tiers is going up. Credit income and repair costs are both calculated on a "per hitpoint" basis. If you leave the math as is, but then massively inflate the amount of hitpoints of damage your vehicle takes and also the amount of damage your vehicle is going to do, the math will get severely screwed up. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users