One sided matches.. wg not fixed still

rigged ebr bias one sided un balanced poor quality NOOBS match maker RNG

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

marc_2018 #1 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 17:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20688 battles

More one sided matches.  1 one sided match to 8 one sided losses (0-15 in some cases).

Only one fairly balanced match out of 10.

wg continues to not address the glaring issue of the match making thus making

the game experience dismal for their potential clients.  wg concentrates on things that

don't need to be fixed and let the game balance hang in the wind with the match making.

Has anyone heard if wg even know of the issues?  They certainly like to delete posts that

point out the major issues with their product(s).

Why are they not a responsible software shop and fix their software and provide a

balance and fair game play where players actual skill is a major factor, besides

unbalancing tanks and rigging the software with broken components.

Plenty of other posts out there but no real suitable answers or responses from wg in their patches.

Keep your wallets closed to wg and play for free and enjoy the one sided - unbalanced game.

Why someone would not address known software issues with their product makes it like a roulette wheel

with a foot pedal to stop on a number.

SporkBoy #2 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 54939 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Replays or it didn't happen!

Christojojo #3 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 17:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37282 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

IF you want to stop one-sided matches

1. quit giving up over half the map becaus eyou wont move forward just a little bit. it is harder to retake land after you are dead for being pigeon holed and sniped.
  2. quit being a medium that camps behind the arty -medium = mobility; camping isn't being mobile
  3. quit being a player that uses the redline to await the pending attack
  4. quit just being a damage farming scout. seriously at least get some spots for your teammates so you don't get flanked and call all those zero damage tanks losers.
  5. Don't rush out to force a shot either. Forcing a shot at one tank over the ridge and getting hit by seven of them is just about the dumbest thing you can do.
  6.  Don't stay still as a td and not help the medium spotting for you. if you can't hit his spots then you aren't helping win. MOVE a bit not stupidly but a bit
  7. Adjust adjust adjust
  8. quit playing if you get frustrated when I type you guys are losers (or worse(sorry I am a drama queen when I lose )) and I think I am above it I quit playing for at least a half-hour maybe two. Step back and see what YOU COULD HAVE DONE BETTER (I do not play again until I do that now (the first 20k games were all your faults :trollface: )
  9. Finally quit just damage farming I know its only about you but if you play to win as a team it might just be more fun.

Edited by Christojojo, Mar 28 2020 - 18:07.

Markd73 #4 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 33769 battles

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 16:52, said:

More one sided matches.  1 one sided match to 8 one sided losses (0-15 in some cases).

the game experience dismal for their potential clients.  wg concentrates on things that

don't need to be fixed and let the game balance hang in the wind with the match making.

Has anyone heard if wg even know of the issues?  They certainly like to delete posts that

Why are they not a responsible software shop and fix their software and provide a

balance and fair game play where players actual skill is a major factor, besides

Plenty of other posts out there but no real suitable answers or responses from wg in their patches.

Keep your wallets closed to wg and play for free and enjoy the one sided - unbalanced game.

Why someone would not address known software issues with their product makes it like a roulette wheel

I would read the actual forum rules and abide by them. If you are getting your posts deleted then they are in violation of the rules on this privately owned and operated forum. EBKAC

So are "real suitable answers" only those that agree with your own position? It sounds like that is what you are saying.

Manimal__ #5 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 44358 battles

View PostSporkBoy, on Mar 28 2020 - 08:55, said:

Don't need replays to know blow outs happen more often then not.

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 08:52, said:

the game experience dismal for their potential clients. 

There is no way to address the piss poor mm and blow outs during games. At the end of the day human error is the biggest factor when it comes to mm. Even in skill based mm there will be blow outs because bad players will continue to make bad decisions.

jst2gr8 #6 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:05

Captain

• Players
  • 72100 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

Not going to read your post because it is a cry for wins like all the others. 

Do you give a "fix" to these one sided matches? No? I didn't think so. 

Landslides will and have always happened in games that do not have respawns or are one(life) and done games. Nothing will ever fix them. But you can blame WG all you want. 

Edited by jst2gr8, Mar 28 2020 - 18:39.

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

OP... you spam this same post constantly... and you already know the answer.

A certain amount of snowball effect battles will always occur in a game that has no respawns and has 15 member teams.

The normal amount is around 30 odd %. My own accounting runs at about 31%.

There is no practical way to affect this % very much short of using dynamic rigging, which is, of course, a terrible idea.

Another terrible idea is using SBMM, it's a very bad concept for a multitude of reasons... AND, it wouldn't affect the snowball percentage hardly at all.

I'm copy-saving this answer so I can spam answer your spam posts in the future.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 11:52, said:

More one sided matches.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is your understanding of the game. Stop being ignorant.

Panzerkind #9 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 39845 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
How do you expect WG to fix one-sided match in a 15v15 combat game with no respawning or health regeneration? 

It's almost a law of nature that early advantages in this context will snowball into blowout games. There is nothing that can be done to fix this ever. 

Pipinghot #10 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostManimal__, on Mar 28 2020 - 12:00, said:

View PostSporkBoy, on Mar 28 2020 - 08:55, said:

Don't need replays to know blow outs happen more often then not.

No. They don't, that's wrong. Apparently you do need replays.

The rate of blowouts is around 27% ( 27/100 ).

View PostManimal__, on Mar 28 2020 - 12:00, said:

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 08:52, said:

the game experience dismal for their potential clients. 

There is no way to address the piss poor mm and blow outs during games. At the end of the day human error is the biggest factor when it comes to mm. Even in skill based mm there will be blow outs because bad players will continue to make bad decisions.

You're partially right, but for the wrong reason.

Under SBMM there would still be lots of blowouts, but not because of players. Blowouts happen because this is a single-death-per-battle game, so of course they happen, just like with every single-death game. The single greatest cause of blowouts is single-death, and even the most perfect SBMM could only reduce them by a small amount, not enough that players could ever tell the difference.

Blowouts happen even when every player on both teams is good, they happen in Clan Wars just as much as they happen in Random battles. Blowouts are not caused by players, they are caused by the fact that this game is single-death-per-battle, just like it happens in every single-death game.

Polp_destroyer #11 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24909 battles
it will never get better cause this  game serves up bs by the plate full 

gamagrass #12 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13107 battles

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 17:52, said:

It is the players that make it a one-sided match.  Most of the time you are stuck on a team that 30-40% of them are clueless as hell what they are doing.   One good player carries three players at the same time but gets overwhelmed and is out.  That one special idiot that dies before one minute into the match and the rest are you average that are trying to do their best. 

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 18:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48488 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
This is one of the few games where so many turbo salty people just keep playing because reasons.  There are other games, by all means, go try them.

Trailer_Trashed #14 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 19:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6769 battles

I'm betting that you did not even bother putting pants on today.

AllieOop2 #15 Posted Mar 28 2020 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 15 battles

There is no magical MM of any sort that can guarantee "fair" ( I hate that word its for the entitled generation to spout off at any issue they cant solve) matches. There are to many factors some which cant be fixed by a computer program like attitude.

Edited by AllieOop2, Mar 28 2020 - 19:13.

Armoredturd #16 Posted May 18 2020 - 20:53

Private

• Players
  • 21390 battles

These replies are ridiculous for the most part. To the people saying that they only happen occasionally, you must be playing the wrong game. It seems as if WG is paying trolls to get on here and dismiss legitimate complaints. 

Anyways I never post on here but over the past year this match maker has become obviously broken and its getting worse. Today alone I have played 16 games, only ONE of which was better than 15-5 or 5-15. This is not about "crying for wins" because winning these horrible games is not much better than getting stomped in them. I would like to be able to post a screen shot of my day but I dont know how to get all the results on screen at the same time, so im sure the trolls will call it photo shopping to dismiss me.

Also to say that these one sided games can not be reduced or avoided is false. These one sided games have always existed, yes, but the current game has FAR more one sided games that not. As i said above 1 out of 16 was better than 5-15, ONE! I would say it started slipping down hill when the 907 was released, but really took off with the 279e and chieftain. Both of these tanks can carry an entire team. I am surprised I dont see more platoons of these tanks seal clubbing randoms, but im sure its because the players that own them dont want to draw more attention to the horrible balance. When I do see a platoon of them its always an auto win or auto-loss depending on what time I am on. Its not only because of the tanks themselves but the psychological effect of seeing your team getting ancient tanks while the enemy team gets new OP tanks. WG has been WAY too slow to rebalance these broken tanks or buff the weak ones. The excuse of "we need to gather more data" is useless when the games are destroyed for months or years on end while these tanks remain in place.

I do realize that these land slides are in every tier, but games below tier 7 are generally newish players so the games are pretty chaotic and they have always been that way.

I see alot of people saying skill based MM is bad. Why is this? My theory has been that decent or good players love seal clubbing, but I do not know. Can someone explain the failures of SBMM?

This game really is miserable to play at the moment, I make it about 3-4 games in and already need to step away.

khorender_1 #17 Posted May 18 2020 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8680 battles

View PostPolp_destroyer, on Mar 28 2020 - 18:47, said:

it will never get better cause this  game serves up bs by the plate full 

And yet you like others and the OP are still here,   Why ?

MackDye #18 Posted May 18 2020 - 21:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 6307 battles

View Postmarc_2018, on Mar 28 2020 - 16:52, said:

Will never get fixed as wg keeps stating. Random battles are meant to be random. Hence the name random battles. Many people have regretted devs putting sbmm into games.

I dont see all the blow out matches these people are talking about. Lol. Confirmation bias at its best here. Notice the bad players are always the ones crying on the forums.

Learn to play the game correctly and you will actually win.

Markd73 #19 Posted May 18 2020 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 33769 battles

View PostArmoredturd, on May 18 2020 - 19:53, said:

These replies are ridiculous for the most part. To the people saying that they only happen occasionally, you must be playing the wrong game. It seems as if WG is paying trolls to get on here and dismiss legitimate complaints. 

Anyways I never post on here but over the past year this match maker has become obviously broken and its getting worse. Today alone I have played 16 games, only ONE of which was better than 15-5 or 5-15. This is not about "crying for wins" because winning these horrible games is not much better than getting stomped in them. I would like to be able to post a screen shot of my day but I dont know how to get all the results on screen at the same time, so im sure the trolls will call it photo shopping to dismiss me.

Also to say that these one sided games can not be reduced or avoided is false. These one sided games have always existed, yes, but the current game has FAR more one sided games that not. As i said above 1 out of 16 was better than 5-15, ONE! I would say it started slipping down hill when the 907 was released, but really took off with the 279e and chieftain. Both of these tanks can carry an entire team. I am surprised I dont see more platoons of these tanks seal clubbing randoms, but im sure its because the players that own them dont want to draw more attention to the horrible balance. When I do see a platoon of them its always an auto win or auto-loss depending on what time I am on. Its not only because of the tanks themselves but the psychological effect of seeing your team getting ancient tanks while the enemy team gets new OP tanks. WG has been WAY too slow to rebalance these broken tanks or buff the weak ones. The excuse of "we need to gather more data" is useless when the games are destroyed for months or years on end while these tanks remain in place.

I do realize that these land slides are in every tier, but games below tier 7 are generally newish players so the games are pretty chaotic and they have always been that way.

I see alot of people saying skill based MM is bad. Why is this? My theory has been that decent or good players love seal clubbing, but I do not know. Can someone explain the failures of SBMM?

This game really is miserable to play at the moment, I make it about 3-4 games in and already need to step away.

The most interesting argument that I have seen are:

SBMM inherently punishes people for getting better. The better they get, then the more bads they have to drag to a win.

No thanks.

Want more wins then put in the work and get better.

da_Rock002 #20 Posted May 18 2020 - 22:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 11203 battles

View PostMackDye, on May 18 2020 - 15:06, said:

Will never get fixed as wg keeps stating. Random battles are meant to be random. Hence the name random battles. Many people have regretted devs putting sbmm into games.

You are forgetting that over half WoT's battles ARE balanced matchups that happen naturally.    It appears you believe balanced matchups don't happen within random MM.   Well they do.   

Balanced matchups happen all the time and they most certainly do not run off newbies nor frustrate long term players.   

Since they are basically naturally occurring skill balanced matchups,  they prove sbmm does not ruin games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users