• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

da_Rock002 #21 Posted May 18 2020 - 22:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 11326 battles

View PostMarkd73, on May 18 2020 - 16:32, said:

The most interesting argument that I have seen are:

SBMM inherently punishes people for getting better. The better they get, then the more bads they have to drag to a win.

No thanks.

Want more wins then put in the work and get better.

sbmm gives more players a chance to influence the outcome, nothing in it punishes players like WoT's MM punishes newbies and doles WRwelfare to the top players it packs on one of the two teams.  

"Want more wins" isn't what most posters are asking.      Turning the 'sure thing' wins into 'both sides have the same chance' is what most want.

NeatoMan #22 Posted May 18 2020 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 30327 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View Postda_Rock002, on May 18 2020 - 16:45, said:

You are forgetting that over half WoT's battles ARE balanced matchups that happen naturally.    It appears you believe balanced matchups don't happen within random MM.   Well they do.   

Balanced matchups happen all the time and they most certainly do not run off newbies nor frustrate long term players.   

Since they are basically naturally occurring skill balanced matchups,  they prove sbmm does not ruin games.

unbalanced matchups randomly occur as well, and since none of you can distinguish them from balanced matchups without looking up stats, it proves randomly balanced teams don't ruin games either.

Block Quote

sbmm gives more players a chance to influence the outcome, nothing in it punishes players like WoT's MM punishes newbies and doles WRwelfare to the top players it packs on one of the two teams. 

SBMM does not reward performance, it rewards performance relative to your average.   It gives more players a chance only because a piss poor performance out of a tomato might beat some sorry tomato's piss poor performance on the other team, whereas in a random MM piss poor performances are more likely to lose regardless of who you are.   A great performance out of someone who averages even greater performances has less of a chance of influencing the outcome in SBMM.  

Nobody earns more wins than their contributions warrant in a random MM  In SBMM everyone wins pretty much at the same rate regardless of contribution.

Block Quote

"Want more wins" isn't what most posters are asking.      Turning the 'sure thing' wins into 'both sides have the same chance' is what most want.

Same chance plays out no different than random chance, except for doling out wins to players who contribute little.  So yes, they are asking for more wins

Edited by NeatoMan, May 18 2020 - 23:13.

gen_penguin #23 Posted May 18 2020 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14365 battles

I have been taking screenshots of all of my matches and will soon prove that WG creates a OP team and a team that needs luck on their side to win in at least 80% of all games.  One side almost always have double the amount of good players on one side and Blue and purple player are always on the stronger side. They are never in the team full of red and orange players wile the enemy has green and yellow players with no reds or just 1 red.

Will be making a post soon with screen shots uploaded to prove this !!  MM is rigged to give 1 of the teams an upper hand !!!

Markd73 #24 Posted May 18 2020 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 34323 battles

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 21:59, said:

I have been taking screenshots of all of my matches and will soon prove that WG creates a OP team and a team that needs luck on their side to win in at least 80% of all games.  One side almost always have double the amount of good players on one side and Blue and purple player are always on the stronger side. They are never in the team full of red and orange players wile the enemy has green and yellow players with no reds or just 1 red.

Will be making a post soon with screen shots uploaded to prove this !!  MM is rigged to give 1 of the teams an upper hand !!!

Looking forward to seeing all this raw data. How big is the sample size?

Tao_Te_Hobbit #25 Posted May 18 2020 - 23:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 29746 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 14:59, said:

And will your statistically significant sample of screenshots always show you on the "needs luck" side?

Markd73 #26 Posted May 18 2020 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 34323 battles

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 18 2020 - 22:04, said:

And will your statistically significant sample of screenshots always show you on the "needs luck" side?

I am sure there will be no cherry picking of the data. That would be intellectually dishonest, and no one on this forum would ever do that.

gen_penguin #27 Posted May 18 2020 - 23:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14365 battles

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 18 2020 - 23:04, said:

Not always ... some days I play at 50 to 60% WR then the next day its under 50%, sometimes like the last 2 days its been 33%

Sometimes you are in the OP team, sometimes you are not.

and how big do you need this sample to be ?? I think a few hundred games will show enough evidence that MM is rigged to give 1 of the teams an upper han in at least 80% of the games.

Markd73 #28 Posted May 18 2020 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 34323 battles

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 22:10, said:

Not always ... some days I play at 50 to 60% WR then the next day its under 50%, sometimes like the last 2 days its been 33%

and how big do you need this sample to be ?? I think a few hundred games will show enough evidence that MM is rigged to give 1 of the teams an upper han in at least 80% of the games.

I would shoot for 1K+ for more certainty.

Just make sure that you track all your battles and not just the ones that you did good/bad in.

Samuraijack #29 Posted May 19 2020 - 00:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50441 battles
  • [DM] DM

A lot of people wanted skill base MM.

Why do you think there are blow out matches??

Guess what, it's been implemented!

You know stealth update!!!

Armoredturd #30 Posted May 19 2020 - 00:29

Private

• Players
  • 21599 battles

View PostSamuraijack, on May 18 2020 - 23:01, said:

A lot of people wanted skill base MM.

Why do you think there are blow out matches??

Guess what, it's been implemented!

You know stealth update!!!

unless this SBMM you speak of is strictly used to off balance every game, then no SBMM is not implemented. 

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 21:59, said:

I can add to your sample size if you need. I think this needs to be from multiple players, WG wont listen to 1 or 2 players... hell they probably wont do anything anyway, but it would be nice to shove proof that the MM is HORRIBLE.

NeatoMan #31 Posted May 19 2020 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 30327 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 16:59, said:

please don't do it like our resident mangler of statistics, Sotruebudha.   Don't use color coded hard cutoffs for good/not good.   Players don't suddenly become good because some stupid third party mod assigns them a new color code.  It's a continuum, and team balance must reflect that.  

In his method a 5k PR player is more like a 9k PR player than he is to a 4.5k PR player, and that 4.5k PR player is more like a 1k PR tomato than he is to that 5k player.    It's a method used to purposely make things look worse than they really are.

Tao_Te_Hobbit #32 Posted May 19 2020 - 00:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 29746 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postgen_penguin, on May 18 2020 - 15:10, said:

Gawd, it's been decades since I played with statistics.  You can offer up whatever data you want, but without relevance they're not much more than interesting historical trivia.

Without knowing the number of games played in a day/week/month/year I couldn't even begin to tell you how big your sample would need to be to be acceptable.  Maybe Neatoman or one of the others who's forgotten more about stats than I'll ever know, will be by to offer an idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users